Which MCU Avenger Could React To This?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for immoralimmortal
immoralimmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

casual lightning timer feat

anyone?

No Caption Provided

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2 krisbishop  Moderator

No proof that that blast was actual lightning speed.

But it's still pretty fast. And the impressive part about Darla is that she ran a full round instead of just dodging it.

Looks like the speed of things Thor has reacted to, at least.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No Avenger is reacting to it.

@gateofbabylon: The things Thor reacted to may look visually just as fast but that doesn't mean they are as things are often slowed down / sped up to make them clear to see. And why wouldn't that Lightning Blast be as fast as Lightning?

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor and Thanos could dodge or block it , possibly Cap could react and block it with his shield? Possibly Iron Man he’s dodged artillery and beams often?

QS obviously.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like GOB said, we don't know that it's actual lightning.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 anthp2000  Moderator

Why would this be lightning speed?

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would this be lightning speed?

Why wouldnt this be lightning speed? Its a blast of lightning, unless its contradicted by something later on i dont see why its not lightning speed

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If that was lighting speed Billy would have gone to space when he was flying faster than it but it didn't happen.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 anthp2000  Moderator

@mattyboi: Because "lightning" is very common in fiction, but it's not natural lightning speed. Unless you think street levellers can time natural lightning.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyboi: Because "lightning" is very common in fiction, but it's not natural lightning speed. Unless you think street levellers can time natural lightning.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 anthp2000  Moderator

@subline: Is there something you feel the need to say?

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you prove its not normal lightning.

Unless you think street levellers can time natural lightning.

I dont think street levelers are punching people through buildings... and that has nothing to do with speed, speedsters exist for a reason.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 anthp2000  Moderator

@mattyboi:

I was not referring to Shazam and his fam as street levellers. I was referring to the fact that in many fictional universes, so called "lightning" can consistently be timed by people not above the supersonic range.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c
deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not real lightning unless you count whatever the hell Zeus was doing as lightning too. His was just a different color.

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyboi:

I was not referring to Shazam and his fam as street levellers. I was referring to the fact that in many fictional universes, so called "lightning" can consistently be timed by people not above the supersonic range.

Its only not real lightning or can be considered an outlier if its proven wrong by something afterwards, if not its safe to say its actual lightning till proven wrong.

Chazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most Avengers can.

Aim dodge his arm moving up to fire, even Hawkeye can do that.

SliverMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SliverMagnum

Spider man solo by spider sense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, Anthp is such a meme.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor already has feats like this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyboi said:
@anthp2000 said:

@mattyboi:

Its only not real lightning or can be considered an outlier if its proven wrong by something afterwards, if not its safe to say its actual lightning till proven wrong.

Well it doesn't go as fast as real lightning. Thor's lightning is more real than this.

OT:

Thor's dodged faster energy attacks then whatever the hell that was supposed to be. Chitauri blasts, Sceptre blast, etc.

And if MoS Kryptonians are supersonic, then Thor's reactions are, too. Sonic booms of Malekith's are evident - reject both or reject none.

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar said:
@mattyboi said:
@anthp2000 said:

@mattyboi:

Well it doesn't go as fast as real lightning. Thor's lightning is more real than this.

Can you prove its not as fast as real lightning?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyboi said:
@rajjar said:
@mattyboi said:
@anthp2000 said:

@mattyboi:

Well, the return stroke of a lightning bolt is at max half as fast as a speeding photon. At minimum a tenth. So yea, I think I can.

Qualitatively, the thing goes from sky to ground before we can react. Sivana's bolt doesn't compare.

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar said:
@mattyboi said:
@rajjar said:
@mattyboi said:
@anthp2000 said:

@mattyboi:

Well, the return stroke of a lightning bolt is at max half as fast as a speeding photon. At minimum a tenth. So yea, I think I can.

Qualitatively, the thing goes from sky to ground before we can react. Sivana's bolt doesn't compare.

Because it was slowed down so the audience could see it?

Devidwarewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ant man or wrasp solo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyboi said:
@rajjar said:
@mattyboi said:
@rajjar said:
@mattyboi said:
@anthp2000 said:

@mattyboi:

I mean the distance it traveled. That's not 100 feet. It's not 1000 feet. It's not 10000 feet. A lightning bolt would surpass all those feets.

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar said:
@mattyboi said:
@rajjar said:
@mattyboi said:
@rajjar said:
@mattyboi said:
@anthp2000 said:

@mattyboi:

I mean the distance it traveled. That's not 100 feet. It's not 1000 feet. It's not 10000 feet. A lightning bolt would surpass all those feets.

It literally hit something, which is why it stopped traveling, similar to when a lightning bolt stops when it hits the ground.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyboi said:
@rajjar said:
@mattyboi said:
@rajjar said:
@mattyboi said:
@rajjar said:
@mattyboi said:
@anthp2000 said:

@mattyboi:

It literally hit something, which is why it stopped traveling, similar to when a lightning bolt stops when it hits the ground.

Within a single second. How far do you think it would travel in two seconds, or three, or ten? Real lightning is so fast that it doesn't really matter how much reasonable leeway I should give Sivana's feat, but considering that we are saying it is FTLning, I shouldn't give it leeway at all.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 death4bunnies  Moderator

@mattyboi:

I see where your coming from, but do you think Thor can react to it?

Shouldnt the standard you apply to DCEU lightning apply to MCU lasers?

Like the lasers are just slowed down for the audience to see, but their actually light speed?

----------

Now this isnt something I believe, I tend to ignore the special effect...lightning, laser, plasma ect. and just measure distance traveled vs time.

But if we are going to apply your standard I think we should do it across the board.

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyboi:

Like the lasers are just slowed down for the audience to see, but their actually light speed?

----------

Now this isnt something I believe, I tend to ignore the special effect...lightning, laser, plasma ect. and just measure distance traveled vs time.

But if we are going to apply your standard I think we should do it across the board.

Question: When did anyone in the mcu react to lasers, i dont remember tbh

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't believe in the idea of using visual speed as justification for discrediting the speed of lightning from a lightning user. Not a single character blasts lightning at actual lightning speeds based on that. I find it best to see if it gets an anti feat, or the character who dodged it gets one. So far all we have is that the movie goes out of their way to show Darla (the one known for her speed) dodging lightning.

By this logic, DCEU Kryptonians aren't supersonic because we can see them fight.

Avatar image for overlordmonitor
Overlordmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Overlordmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyboi said:
@death4bunnies said:

@mattyboi:

----------

Didn't Thor do to Vision? Might have been deleted.

Thor reacted to Destroyer's lasers.

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar said:
@mattyboi said:
@death4bunnies said:

@mattyboi:

----------

Didn't Thor do to Vision? Might have been deleted.

Thor reacted to Destroyer's lasers.

IIRC those were fire blasts

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 death4bunnies  Moderator

@mattyboi said:
@death4bunnies said:

@mattyboi:

----------

Like here.

Thor jumps does a flip and redirects this hydra blast back into the shooter.

I wouldn't call this laser light speed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:

I don't believe in the idea of using visual speed as justification for discrediting the speed of lightning from a lightning user. Not a single character blasts lightning at actual lightning speeds based on that. I find it best to see if it gets an anti feat, or the character who dodged it gets one. So far all we have is that the movie goes out of their way to show Darla (the one known for her speed) dodging lightning.

By this logic, DCEU Kryptonians aren't supersonic because we can see them fight.

But if Thor dodged Aether tendrils that made a sonic boom like Faora in combat, does Thor get a reaction feat and Faora a combat speed feat that's above Mach 1?

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyboi said:
@death4bunnies said:

@mattyboi:

----------

Like here.

Thor jumps does a flip and redirects this hydra blast back into the shooter.

I wouldn't call this laser light speed.

Those blasts were moving at the speed of bullets...

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

----------

As I said above, I find anti-feats more accurate than visual speed. MCU lasers have been dodged by Hawkeye and have been seen to be equally spaced by Black Widow's bullets, which would be my basis for discrediting them being lightspeed.

BloodTimeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar said:
@boc said:

But if Thor dodged Aether tendrils that made a sonic boom like Faora in combat, does Thor get a reaction feat and Faora a combat speed feat that's above Mach 1?

I'm confused at the question. If Thor dodged something that's mach 1 or higher, of course we attribute him with that level of reaction.