• 52 results
Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Lost_Rellik

Below are a list of certain things that people in comics have been known to control/manipulate, but instead of throwing in certain characters, lets just this:   
-everybody is exactly the same, except for what they manipulate 
-everybody has complete mastery over the thing they manipulate 

Ok here are the things that are maniupulated: 
-Metal 
-Water (Ice is also part of this) 
-electricity 
-earth 
-air 
-fire 

Any questions, just ask.....I'm not sure who would win, so I'm letting you decide for me. BTW sorry for the spelling error in the topic title.
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By capall

i'll personally take water here
Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@capall said:
"i'll personally take water here "

I'm starting to agree on this simply because it is so versatile and has so many daily and not so daily uses.
Drafta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Drafta

My first reaction was metal, but now I'm thinking electricity, since that can be used to manipulate metal to a degree.

capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By capall
@Lost_Rellik said:
"@capall said:
"i'll personally take water here "
I'm starting to agree on this simply because it is so versatile and has so many daily and not so daily uses. "

u got it bang on
Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@Drafta said:
"My first reaction was metal, but now I'm thinking electricity, since that can be used to manipulate metal to a degree. "
Are you sure, I've never heard of that? Anyways this is how I look at it. Metal is one of the strongest because it has no real weakness, but yet if you were stranded somewhere in a desert lets say, the only thing you could do would be to fly away unless there is metal in the desert. Water and ice are also very effective, its real only weakness being extreme heat which would make it melt of evaporate on contact. Electricity is similar to fire, both very powerful and destructive but is shorted out and put out by water.  Earth on the other hand has no super huge weaknesses but no real positives either that makes me want to jump at it. Air is probably the strongest seing as it also has no weakness and is very powerful and its everywhere on Earth.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Ferro Vida

Well, it really depends where the fight is taking place. The Metal and Electric manipulators are three kinds of screwed if this is in the middle of a forest, and vice versa if it is in the city.

But I would say the air manipulator wins. All he/she has to do is stop his/her opponents from breathing by removing the oxygen from their lungs, causing the oxygen to gather in a single spot in their bloodstreams and thus cause a heart attack or stroke, or just create a vacuum in their lungs.

capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By capall
@Ferro Vida said:
"Well, it really depends where the fight is taking place. The Metal and Electric manipulators are three kinds of screwed if this is in the middle of a forest, and vice versa if it is in the city.  But I would say the air manipulator wins. All he/she has to do is stop his/her opponents from breathing by removing the oxygen from their lungs, causing the oxygen to gather in a single spot in their bloodstreams and thus cause a heart attack or stroke, or just create a vacuum in their lungs. "

well, that only works on individuals that rely on breathing imo, ps if you can manipulate water you've got oxygen
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ferro Vida
@capall said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
"Well, it really depends where the fight is taking place. The Metal and Electric manipulators are three kinds of screwed if this is in the middle of a forest, and vice versa if it is in the city.  But I would say the air manipulator wins. All he/she has to do is stop his/her opponents from breathing by removing the oxygen from their lungs, causing the oxygen to gather in a single spot in their bloodstreams and thus cause a heart attack or stroke, or just create a vacuum in their lungs. "
well, that only works on individuals that rely on breathing imo, ps if you can manipulate water you've got oxygen "
Which one of them wouldn't need to rely on breathing? They are still human.

Also, by that logic the air manipulator would be able to manipulate water as well because of the presence of oxygen in it's chemical make up.
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By capall
@Ferro Vida:
my apology, i misread the thread, lol, i thought the op said cosmic characters but it said people in comics
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ferro Vida
@capall said:
" @Ferro Vida: my apology, i misread the thread, lol, i thought the op said cosmic characters but it said people in comics "
lol No prob. I've made similar mistakes before xD
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vrakmul

Electricity, it's EVERYWHERE!!!

TheGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheGuy
@Ferro Vida: Electricity is equally viable. You can control the electrical impulses to neurons, with minute conrol you can literally make people do what you want.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ferro Vida
@TheGuy said:
" @Ferro Vida: Electricity is equally viable. You can control the electrical impulses to neurons, with minute conrol you can literally make people do what you want. "
So would water then (control through the blood in your veins). I just think that trying to control their bodies would take more effort then it would for the air manipulator to collapse their lungs. All he would need to do is stop air from re-entering them.
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By capall

a human body is 80-90 composed of water so if you control water you can also dehydrate your opponents as well 
everyone has a point here so i quess there is no clear winner, it just depends on what your favor
glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By glforthewin
@TheGuy: exactly
killermike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By killermike

air manipulation
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By yodagod

I should point out that if by metal, you mean magnetism (very different) then you can control every other element on this list.  By manipulating elctrons on an atomic and sub-atomic level, which magnetism allows, ther is very little you can't do and that is only one small facet of the power.

TheGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheGuy
@yodagod: Electricity and magnetism are inherently linked. Electric fields and Magnetic fields are effectively identical depending on your frame of reference. Following that train of thought,  electrical manipulation is just as badass as magnetic manipulation.
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By yodagod
@TheGuy:
That's not entirely accurate.  The fields are radically different and function differently.  And while the example I gave would also apply to electricity, electricity lacks th pure versatility of magnetism.  Earth, air, fire, water, and electricity are all fundemental elemental forces, but magnetism as one of the four fundemental forces of the universe encompasses them all. I think that is where much of the confusion lies.  Since magnetism is so often linked to electricity, they are seen as interchangable when they are not.
TheGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheGuy
@yodagod: Magnetism is not a Fundamental force of the universe, I assume you know that electromagnetism is the fundamental force. 

Asides, Maxwell's laws define them as inextricably linked. Magnetism at any scale is produced by a moving electric charge, you cannot deny that.
Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lost_Rellik

So it seems the best are magnetism, electricity, air and water,.
AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AngelFrost

I'd say  Water and Air

They are the two, main elements in the body, so in tern, you could control the human body. :)  and they are both very versatile. We survive on air and water after all.

Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@AngelFrost said:
"I'd say  Water and Air  They are the two, main elements in the body, so in tern, you could control the human body. :)  and they are both very versatile. We survive on air and water after all. "

Extremely good point, but that would lead me to believe that Air is the stronest seeing as it has no weaknesses to speak of, but water can be evaporated.
Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mist

Air. It exists everywhere. A person with air manipulation could take away someoones ability to breath, destroy their lungs, crush them under wind pressure.

Avatar image for high_revolutionary
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you knew anything about physics you'd know that electricity can manipulate all those aspects.

Electricity manipulation FTW.
Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@High Revolutionary said:
" If you knew anything about physics you'd know that electricity can manipulate all those aspects.  Electricity manipulation FTW. "

Oh ok than, sorry lol, and I didn't know.
G-w-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By G-w-D

Electricity manip is the greatest  someone who has mastered that should be capable of creating Electromagnetic fields and then go on from there, Electromagnetism being one of the Fundamental forces just makes it overpowered  
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By capall

they all have high importance and equal value here
Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@capall said:
"they all have high importance and equal value here "

Still its not a solid answer on which one has the most advantage/least disadvantages or which one is the most practical?
mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mv

Water
Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@MTS said:
"Water "

Recently I've been leaning towards Magnetism, not sure why though probably because I'm a huge fan of Magneto.
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By yodagod
@TheGuy said:
" @yodagod: Magnetism is not a Fundamental force of the universe, I assume you know that electromagnetism is the fundamental force.  Asides, Maxwell's laws define them as inextricably linked. Magnetism at any scale is produced by a moving electric charge, you cannot deny that. "

@TheGuy:
Actually it's Einstien's theory of special relativity that links them into electromagnetism, and then only peripherally through Maxwell's equations which state that Magnetism can produce an electric field and vice versa.  It is only inferred that magnetism is dependent on electricity because of the polarization shown in electrons, which is actually simply an aspect of paramagnetism. There are no satisfactory proofs that magnetism is dependent on electrical fields, though it is proven that electricity requires magnetism.  This is functionally the chicken-egg arguement.  And based on the same logic that dictates that while the egg is only a potential chicken, the chicken is an actual chicken and since actuality precedes potentiality the chicken must have come first. The same logic insists that magnetism trumps electricity and is able to manipulate all the other elements listed here.
vaage-aina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vaage-aina
@Lost_Rellik said:

" @capall said:

"they all have high importance and equal value here "

Still its not a solid answer on which one has the most advantage/least disadvantages or which one is the most practical? "
this is like the question which is more valuable: gold or soil? but, in reality, the answer is that its all relative. all these elements will have their own certain advantages or disadvantages  affecting one another in certain ways. so therefore its not about which one is more practical but which one is most preferred by an individual. personally id prefer water, fire, or (any)metal/magnetism. water because of the many state that you can create ;solid liquid or gas; fire because you  can disintegrate any matter; and (any)metal/magnetism durable  and can create machines/ technology if one is adept in science.
Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Stormultt

im choosing water, there much you can do with it and o n a molecule level you'd be able to do tons of things.
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By capall
@Lost_Rellik:
there is no one thing that is better than othere here, as i said they all have equal value and everyone has made their valid points that are not arguable, u have used a humans as an example to manipulate these elements and there can not a clear winner in my humble opinion assuming that all people that are using these manipulation have the same power level and same common sense as well as intelligence
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By yodagod
@vaage-aina:
That would be true were electricity and magnetism not included.  Among the primal elements, if they are all used to their maximum effect, they would all cancel each other. But electricity, by manipulating the elecrons themselves would be able to control the other four, then Magnetism is an even greater force which allows sub-atomic control of nearly every aspect of all the other elements.
Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Stormultt

water is still obviously the best XD
JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JThree47693

Magnetism for me
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By yodagod
@Stormultt:
Why?  When water can only manipulate water, but electricity and magnetism can manipulate everything else, including water.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Thats only in theory....has electricity even been viably used to manipulate all of these other elements in real life? Theories are not laws.

Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Lost_Rellik

It seems that magnetism and electricity are the most versatile.

Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43  Edited By Dark Cell

Air or Fire im going to go with....prob Air, assuming that you can create winds and the like.

LadyAlchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By LadyAlchemist

4. Metal 
1. Water (Ice is also part of this) 
3. Electricity 
5. Earth 
2. Air 
6. Fire     

Quest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45  Edited By Quest

Air since it is about ever were.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#46  Edited By Roddy010

I say Air or Water....

Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@LadyAlchemist said:
"4. Metal 1. Water (Ice is also part of this) 3. Electricity 5. Earth 2. Air 6. Fire      "

If I made a list it would be pretty similar to this 
1. Water  
2. Air 
3. Metal 
4. Earth 
5. Electricity 
6. Fire
sevennames27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By sevennames27
@yodagod said:
"@TheGuy said:
" @yodagod: Magnetism is not a Fundamental force of the universe, I assume you know that electromagnetism is the fundamental force.  Asides, Maxwell's laws define them as inextricably linked. Magnetism at any scale is produced by a moving electric charge, you cannot deny that. "
@TheGuy: Actually it's Einstien's theory of special relativity that links them into electromagnetism, and then only peripherally through Maxwell's equations which state that Magnetism can produce an electric field and vice versa.  It is only inferred that magnetism is dependent on electricity because of the polarization shown in electrons, which is actually simply an aspect of paramagnetism. There are no satisfactory proofs that magnetism is dependent on electrical fields, though it is proven that electricity requires magnetism.  This is functionally the chicken-egg arguement.  And based on the same logic that dictates that while the egg is only a potential chicken, the chicken is an actual chicken and since actuality precedes potentiality the chicken must have come first. The same logic insists that magnetism trumps electricity and is able to manipulate all the other elements listed here. "

It is great to see some one using real science.
Psyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Psyron

Air

randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By randumo24

what about time manipulation. Not time travel, but the ability to slow down or stop time all together.