Which is the better strength feats scaling from MCU Thanos?

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which is the better strength feats scaling from MCU Thanos? (53 votes)

Captain Marvel 70%
Thor 30%

Right so, here are the feats of strength vs Thanos that I want to compare:

Captain Marvel:

No Caption Provided

Thor:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Me personally, I would argue that Thor, even in his clearly out-of-shape state in Endgame has the better feats, in the first gif you can see Thor on even footing with a fresh Thanos, who is wielding his blade with two hands. This instantly puts it above the CM feat in my book because not only does Thanos have more leverage with his long weapon, but he's also using both arms to push back against Thor, rather than the one CM overpowered. (Not only this but shortly after the gif ends Thor actually disarms Thanos).

In the second gif Thor is yet again at a disadvantage, after being thoroughly beaten and clearly having the wind beaten out of him, he still manages to prevent Thanos pushing Stormbreaker into his chest, it should also be noted thanos is clearly standing over him here, using all his weight and strength focused on Stormbreaker.

The third gif shows Thanos through gritted teeth being overpowered by Thor, who doesn't look particularly phased.

But what do you think?

I'd like to add before someone comes in and says "you aren't supposed to make a battle thread with a winner in mind", this isn't a battle thread, I'm simply looking for opinions here, and I've explained mine above.

• 
Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should be in Gen. Discussion

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Laurus
RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He trashed and half killed one with half a dozen hits. The other no sold his hit.

Why isn't this obvious?

I think you are looking too deep into this(comparing stance). Russos clearly meant Carol to be on a different tier from Thanos and Thor.

Avatar image for deactivated-606b9dbd3af4b
deactivated-606b9dbd3af4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

General discussion

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Possibly, CM might have the better blunt force durability, but I'm comparing strength feats here, not durability feats.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laurus: Like I said, I don't think writers make a distinction there.

As for feats, Hulk, Thor and Thanos, all are in same tier of strength, Thanos being slightly superior to Thor/Hulk. While Carol looked to be in control for pretty much all the fight against Thanos. Even if there isn't a blatant instance of her overpowering Thanos AFAIK, I'd say she's definitely stronger.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee206c1e31a
deactivated-60ee206c1e31a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor's feat was better but in a fight, Captain Marvel is too durable and has better mobility and flight.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Carol did seem to be struggling with one of Thanos' arms a few moments before she overpowers him. What are your thoughts on that?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos half killed Thor in half a dozen hits? He threw him punched him twice threw him again kicked him then punched him and Thor still had the strength to resist his attempt to put stormbreaker through his chest(albeit he was winning), now i don't know what "half kill" means on this site but if that was true Thor would'nt have been able to resist him then and keep in mind i'm not even accounting for the offscreen fighting seeing as how right before the cut we see Thanos kick Thor so it's possible he hit him more than that

Then Captain America takes up mjolnir and Thanos simply kicks Thor in the chest with far less effort than either of the previous hits before and all of a sudden he's ko'd, WTF?

Russos are basically plot gods tbh

Thor also brought Thanos to his knees with two hands vs Thanos' one hand but then CA came and he did'nt really add anything, infact it looked like Thor was doing better on his own imo

As for Carol, her punches did less damage to an already beaten up Thanos than Cap who when he weilded mjolnir but her durability is insane she basically nosold a head butt from Thanos though i'm not sure if scaling it above the one that ko'd Thor is a good idea because Iron Man also tanked a headbutt from Thanos in IW unless Thanos was stronger in EG?

Honestly the MCU can be rather inconsistent when it comes to tier scaling and weaker characters can fight more powerful ones just for the sake of plot but that's the case for basically any media in fiction tbh

I'd say Thanos is like 1.5-2× stronger than Thor and Marvel is about 2× stronger than Thanos, making her 3-4× stronger than Thor

It would be nice if directors would give fans a exact measurement of how characters strength compares to each other

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Why you think she was supposed to be ' in different tier' while Thanos and Thor are in the same?

I mean, she is superior but not this much. She failed to do notable damage to Thanos with like 5 punches to the face (was only moving his head a little). I'm sure she would be able to put Thanos down eventually but Thanos was taking her punches better than Thor took his.

Avatar image for money_brings_happiness
Money_Brings_Happiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos was noticeably stronger than Thor. Captain Marvel was noticeably stronger than Thanos it really is quite obvious.

@xzone: Thanos has his entire upper body pressing down on her and while she grimaces she doesn't even falter once while pushing him back. She goes from being on her knees to standing up and overpowering Thanos the whole way and then finally completely sending Thanos to the ground with one movement. In fact if you include the last two parts of the moment you excluded it is made crystal clear who is stronger.

No Caption Provided

She forces him to the ground and is overpowers him completely. It doesn't get more clear cut.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By alextheboss

Scaling wise Thor, as he has the best lifting feat in the MCU as far as I'm aware. However Captain Marvel should actually be stronger than Thor based off of how she scales to Thanos. So in a way scaling to Captain Marvel is better, but only because she scales above Thor due to their performance against Thanos. So in the end, they all scale to Thor, lol.

Edit: ignore above, I thought it was asking scaling "for" Thanos, not scaling "from" Thanos.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5 said:

@rbt: Why you think she was supposed to be ' in different tier' while Thanos and Thor are in the same?

I mean, she is superior but not this much. She failed to do notable damage to Thanos with like 5 punches to the face (was only moving his head a little). I'm sure she would be able to put Thanos down eventually but Thanos was taking her punches better than Thor took his.

Mostly based on the fact that she no sold a hit from Thanos. People in same tier don't usually no sell hits from each other. And writer intention. Russos kept her out of most of the movie and then she comes in single handily turning the tide of the fight and then they used an infinity stone to get rid of her because nothing else was powerful enough to do that. I think as MCU progresses, the gap between Thor and Carol will only get wider.

But yeah, now that I think about it, people in same tier don't almost kill each other in 6 hits either, like Thanos did to Thor. I guess there is a disparity between strength and durability here. Good points.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone:I don't think Carol was struggling to match his strength there. She was probably exerting herself, but she went on to more or less overpower Thanos. Like I said, there isn't a clear as day instance of Carol and Thanos overpowering each other, like say, Thanos did with Hulk in IW, but going by the "no sell" and the fact that Thanos resorted to use power gem to get rid of her, she's meant to be stronger, IMO.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@xzone:I don't think Carol was struggling to match his strength there. She was probably exerting herself, but she went on to more or less overpower Thanos. Like I said, there isn't a clear as day instance of Carol and Thanos overpowering each other, like say, Thanos did with Hulk in IW, but going by the "no sell" and the fact that Thanos resorted to use power gem to get rid of her, she's meant to be stronger, IMO.

Why do you say that?

Avatar image for deactivated-62d106297c437
deactivated-62d106297c437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither is impressive.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CM did better without context. She, using one arm, briefly forced him to use two and forced him to take a couple steps back.

But considering Thor had taken a beating, fought a fresher Thanos, and that Thanos hadn't just put on the IG, he takes it.

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@alextheboss: that's what op is asking, who did better against Thanos

Which is clearly Carol

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol clearly did leagues better

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By alextheboss

@apex_pretador: Oh, I thought he was asking which feat was a better strength feat for scaling Thanos. Obviously if you are comparing who did better against Thanos himself, Carol did.

Yeah, I just realized it said "from" not "for" lmao.

Avatar image for deactivated-607f2cb9260f9
deactivated-607f2cb9260f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know how anyone can look at those scenes and say Thor did better with a straight face

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't know how anyone can look at those scenes and say Thor did better with a straight face

Well... I can think of one reason.

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
finalkingthanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously Captain Marvel..

The film to one extent or the other tried to show that Carol > Thanos > Thor in sheer strength

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AngelJax

Why cant people accept that Thor simply is not the strongest/most powerful

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Marvel wank 😨

Thor making Thanos struggle while in a disadvantages position.

She only overpowered Thanos 1. He's using 1 arm 2. He had the IG on ( which definitely weakened him)

Thanos overpowered her with 1 hand before he equipped the IG.

A weakened Thanos did this to her: 1:00

Loading Video...

Captain Marvel? Really Powerful but Thor beats her in the strength category.

No hate or headcanon just facts

All happened on screen.

Thanos > Thor > Carol in the strength category. unless I'm missing something.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol js clearly Thanos’ superior, unlike Thor.

Damn it hurt to say that.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol and I don't really see how this is even debatable.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why doesn't Carol think this is debatable?

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@viking1205 said:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-6310e05cef78c
deactivated-6310e05cef78c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@viking1205 said:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness said:

@vinervvvvv: Carol overpowered Thanos with one arm bro. Had him on one knee, Thor never done anything close to that.

Because he had the IG on? Yes

What happened b4 he had it on?

Captain Marvel vs Thanos Scene - Captain Marvel Fights Thanos | Avengers ENDGAME (2019) - YouTube

Here Thanos overpowered her and threw her away with 1 hand..

Thor Kills Thanos | Avengers Endgame (Open Matte) [4K HDR] - YouTube

Thanos snapped twice almost killing him yet still managed to overpower Carol with his very burned and weakened arm?

Fat Thor making Thanos struggle in a disadvantages position >>>>

Did you even watch the movies? lol

By logic, feats, proper scaling: Thanos > Thor > Carol

By statments, dumb scaling: Carol > Thanos > Thor