Woodward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This isn't Mihawk vs Ichigo matchup, rather whose feat is superior and why.

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ichigo's feat is a lot more impressive. He didn't cut the top off of a mountain, like Mihawk did to the iceberg, he subliminated it and that takes a lot more kinetic energy than simply cutting something, especially ice.

AnimeFreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mihawk via DC

I guess Ichigo via AP/lots of scaling?

Avatar image for deactivated-600f199354a16
deactivated-600f199354a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One sliced a large harder than steel(?) ice mountain structure........the other vaped the top of a hill

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This won't end well.

Omnihater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thats no even mountain....

WhatamIseeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hill is more accurate

Yray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mihawk's feat is more impressive when you take into account the ice mountain he sliced and sent over 100m high is about 20x bigger than the hill ichigo vaped

The fact it's freaking harder than steel

And was done from a much further distance than ichigos

Plus it was somewhat equally as casual as ichigos

WorldofRuin6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One sliced a large harder than steel(?) ice mountain structure........the other vaped the top of a hill

Mihawk's feat stomps.

MrViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mihawk - Cut a mountain made of ice in two.

Ichigo - litteraly evaporate half a mountain by the shockwave of a not even serious parry

Ichigo feat are far more impressive

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The rock structure in Ichigo’s scan isn’t a mountain. It’s insane this still needs to be said.

OT: Probably Mihawk considering the massive size different and the difference in distance. That said they should be pretty close considering Ichigo did vaporize the hill as opposed to just cutting it.

cokirules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cokirules

Ichigos is very impressive, & shows more than just cutting

Mihawks is just above that but is just cutting/ slicing from a Far farfurther distance

datruth1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By datruth1

Mihawk's feat is in every way better and superior

LeoTheGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LeoTheGreatest

Ichigo erased thousands of tons of solid rock instantly by simply moving his sword in its general direction.

Mihawk cut thousands of tons of ice in half with an attack.

It‘s clear that Ichigo’s feat is superior.

KingFrieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leothegreatest: but the ice was much further away, and it was so hard that pre skip Zoro failed to cut mere inches of it.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Visually Mihawk by a lot. I don't know any mathematical way to convert slicing to sublimating though.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The rock structure in Ichigo’s scan isn’t a mountain. It’s insane this still needs to be said.

@yray said:

the hill ichigo vaped

@ultimatesage said:

the other vaped the top of a hill

Mihawk's feat stomps.

Thats not a hill, i know you guys love being/playing dumb, but when you ignore an author's words over perspective shots, you're taking things to the next level.

but considering it was the top half, it was hill level

OT: Ichigo's feat is better due to casualness and damage done

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mihawk, the amount of force he hit made the top half of the iceberg rise a minimum of 100 meters.

Meaning the air pressure of his swing lifted millions of tons of ice

Yamiyodare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ichigo feat is more impressive because as you can see, the mountain is disintegrated by its own power, and it only parry the sword of aizen. Mihawk puts more effort into his attack, and only cuts the mountain.

Ichigo >>> Mihawk.

donutmaker31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*grabs popcorn*

Can’t wait for this to be 5 pages

Avatar image for deactivated-614da662d6bee
deactivated-614da662d6bee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ichigo.

LeoTheGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LeoTheGreatest

@kingfrieza:

but the ice was much further away, and it was so hard that pre skip Zoro failed to cut mere inches of it.

The distance doesn‘t change much, Ichigo instantly erased the structure by moving his blade in that general direction after a parry while Mihawk split the ice with an actual attack. And regarding the thickness of the ice Aokiji blocked Zoro’s attack with an ice blade not the ice he uses to freeze water so it wouldn’t have that durability.

WorldofRuin6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ourmanuel: Look, I've said this a billion times. You may be the last die hard Bleach fan here that can actually take a hint. You can use the perspective as an excuse only if there is actually at least a single panel showing the hill to be the size that you say it is. Don't give me a bunch of wideshots where they "look" like mountains when we can see their size in comparison to trees and nothing else. The closest you can come is the anime with fragor where even the largest of those hills could be called small mountains.

Either cough up the panels or stop. I'm tired of having this worn out argument.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mihawk's feat is more impressive imo.

Reasons:

-The iceberg is way bigger than the rock formation Ichigo destroyed.

-The iceberg is further away than the rock formation Ichigo destroyed.

-The ice should be has hard as steel, which is harder than rock.

That doesn't mean Mihawk is stronger though, I just think this particular feat is more impressive.

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By diydeath

@omnihater said:

Thats no even mountain....

Yes it is. You don't get to define already defined terms. That's pure hubris on your end. So unless you're a renowned geologist that has enough clout with the National Geological Survey, no dice mate. It's a mountain, albeit a small one.

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leothegreatest: but the ice was much further away, and it was so hard that pre skip Zoro failed to cut mere inches of it.

Doesn't matter. It takes an astronomical amount of kintentic energy to vaporize solid rock formations. Cutting isn't anywhere near as impressive. It's like comparing a firecracker to a nuke.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ourmanuel

@worldofruin6 said:

@ourmanuel: Look, I've said this a billion times. You may be the last die hard Bleach fan here that can actually take a hint. You can use the perspective as an excuse only if there is actually at least a single panel showing the hill to be the size that you say it is. Don't give me a bunch of wideshots where they "look" like mountains when we can see their size in comparison to trees and nothing else. The closest you can come is the anime with fragor where even the largest of those hills could be called small mountains.

Either cough up the panels or stop. I'm tired of having this worn out argument.

I dont need to provide any scan at all. The author called it a mountain, yet it looks to be about as tall as a 10/15 story building in that scan. And we know that there are landmasses and trees between the mountain and them, but we dont know where exactly due to limited things to use for reference.

So there are 2 options

1) kubo thinks that a 15 story tall landmass is a mountain, and that busting that with air pressure is impressive

2) Its a mountain and perspective/lack of things to compare to makes it look small

that cup is clearly 4 metres tall
that cup is clearly 4 metres tall
is the sun or those buildings in the background less than 1 meter tall?
is the sun or those buildings in the background less than 1 meter tall?

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

山= Mountain

Can we stop with this BS about complaining the way authors draw their mountains please ? Regardless, still inferior to Mihawk's feat IMO.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FaradaySloth
No Caption Provided

It doesn't get old tbh.

Ichigo's feat stomps tbh. Most claims people are making for Aokiji's Ice here are straight from fan assumption. MiHawk just slashed a glacier in half really, which is obviously not the same as erasing mountains. Has anyone actually realize the fact that the force that went into the glacier is more than the force than Ichigo with the mountain since MiHawk was an actual slash while Ichigo's parry force was mostly absorbed by Aizen's zanpaukto since both clashed.

If this question is going off by visuals, then yeah, I guess MiHawk, but we're all smarter than that, right?!?!?

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mihawk's slice cut the ice and lifted it like 100 metres maybe. How does this compare at all to vaping a hill?

Omnihater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diydeath:

No is not, stop talking nonsenses.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joviolma: B-b-b-but the dark green next to it!!!!!!!! It's clear as big as my 2-foot shrub next to my house!!!!!!!!! My totally not biased visual eyesight is above any canon!!!

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diydeath:

No is not, stop talking nonsenses.

Do you have any qualifications to go against the author's words or the official definition of a mountain? If not, then you're wrong and you need to stop being so arrogant.

Omnihater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diydeath:

He didnt draw a mountain, a mountain has more than 300m of height

Scans>>>>words, he can say that that hill is a planet, and is a nonsense, cuz is not a planet.

Stop it alredy, you are better than this.

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joviolma: B-b-b-but the dark green next to it!!!!!!!! It's clear as big as my 2-foot shrub next to my house!!!!!!!!! My totally not biased visual eyesight is above any canon!!!

Personally, I don't get the Bleach downplay on CV. 3/4 of these people have to be trolling because I have a hard time believing people are so dense that they can't understand how perspective changes object scaling when looking at pictures. You'd have to be a 12 year old or have an IQ lower than your belt size to make a mistake that massive and then double down on it.

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By diydeath

@omnihater said:

@diydeath:

He didnt draw a mountain, a mountain has more than 300m of height

Scans>>>>words, he can say that that hill is a planet, and is a nonsense, cuz is not a planet.

Stop it alredy, you are better than this.

Perspective changes scaling, w can see trees in the backdrop that appear very tiny. Are you suggesting those trees are knee high shrubs?

Author statements are treated as the WOG and are final. Otherwise, by your logic, the original One Punch Man webcomic has Saitama at city block level due to One's terrible art skills, yet we know he's well above that because of author statements within universe, that describe the feats in question.

So again, who are you to say that when Kubo said "mountain" he meant hill, especially since via perspective, that rock formation is going to be around the size of a small mountain?

What qualifications do you have to supersede the author's statement?

Let's not get personal, I could tear you a new one for your blatant hubris and you'd be deserving of it.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scans>>>>words

This is such a CV statement

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JOVIOLMA

@faradaysloth: Honestly, I just think is a repetitive argument, they don't need to lowball the size of the mountain tbh to prove Mihawk's feat is superior, both sides can make good claims as long they scale right. Regardless, artistis being inconsistent in size is normal in fiction and not only in anime.

Big enough to dwarf hills and the landscape as well cover the entire sky and cause tremors across the country and was too heavy for characters that can carry around Island to lift it.
Big enough to dwarf hills and the landscape as well cover the entire sky and cause tremors across the country and was too heavy for characters that can carry around Island to lift it.
Visible from the battlefield in another Country
Visible from the battlefield in another Country
Comparable to a Susano'o that has at least 100 meters.
Comparable to a Susano'o that has at least 100 meters.
Takes 10 days to walk to one gate to another, at least Island size
Takes 10 days to walk to one gate to another, at least Island size
It's gates are on the same size as a 10-12 meters giant
It's gates are on the same size as a 10-12 meters giant
No Caption Provided
Diamonds are 5 times bigger than average humans and are smaller than a hand ship. And next it looks like they are around the same size as it.
Diamonds are 5 times bigger than average humans and are smaller than a hand ship. And next it looks like they are around the same size as it.

WorldofRuin6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Yeah, I guess that tiny hill Kagura sliced is a mountain..........................................................

Omnihater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diydeath:

Is not my fault that their drawing is ass, he didnt draw a mountain, no even close, if he thinks that is a mountain (when is not), is not my fault.

reality>>>autors nonsenses.

The OP iceberg is WAY LARGER (several kilometers) and is just a way better feat.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diydeath: They get pissed off because they don't understand tbh. CV down players of Bleach is a minority nowadays both on this site and out. They're more irrelevant as ever really.

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By diydeath

@ourmanuel said:

Scans>>>>words

This is such a CV statement

Frankly, I think mods need to set some ground rules for this kind of stuff. CV has a very bad reputation for idiocy. To the point where we need clearly defined rules and mods who give 2 or 3 day vacations to people who, for example, try to claim scans beat author statements when there's a discrepancy. But that would require mods who can actually do their job in this sub forum...whenever they get involved (as in posting opinions and not just closing a blatant mismatch without comment), they tend to be biased and mess stuff up even more.

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some mountains can have only dozens of meters though. But everything in the manga and anime together indicates the size of the mountain Ichigo busted was just some average one.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@worldofruin6: The fact that you ignored the pics that i posted proves that my point didnt just fly by your head, it must've done circles and barrel rolls along the way too.

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diydeath: They get pissed off because they don't understand tbh. CV down players of Bleach is a minority nowadays both on this site and out. They're more irrelevant as ever really.

I mostly stopped coming here about a year ago due to the insane problems with downplay and wank so I'll take your word for it. But so far, I see a lot of Bleach downplay still on CV.

Mostly in One Piece or Naruto vs Bleach threads though. Maybe it's just an issue of those 2 fan bases being insanely biased?

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FaradaySloth

@joviolma: TBH at this point they're NPC, I haven't seen this much riding off of "Old CV users" downplayers arguments this bad. "Oh those are just statements we want FeAtS"

ovy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before someone says something like: "but that mountain was compared to trees!!1!!"; trees in SS are fricking big:

Omnihater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Omnihater

Statements :), sai solos the bleach-verse by statements.

No Caption Provided