Which GOT characters can actually beat Zombie Mountain in a fight?

• 61 results
MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MetalJimmor

Why are people assuming decapitation will work? Taking off the head doesn't kill the other undead creatures in the series and Gregor was stabbed through the brain and kept going. He clearly doesn't need a brain to live.

Also valyrian steel isn't a lightsaber. It can't just slice through thick plate armor to the point of severing armored limbs. At best it can pierce plate with a stab, which will do nothing but give Gregor your weapon.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The following COULD win and survive with prior knowledge. Ned Stark with Ice, Jon Snow with Longclaw, Brienne with widows wail or whichever valyrian sword she has. They COULD do this by taking a leg, then hacking chunks off from a distance and not getting close enough for an Oberyn foot grab. Without prior knowledge, no human could beat UnGregor without a ton of luck or some sort of deus ex machina.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: larger valyrian blades wielded by suitably strong fighter can decap or delimb. You are absolutely right it isnt an auto win however.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

larger valyrian blades wielded by suitably strong fighter can decap or delimb. You are absolutely right it isnt an auto win however.

De-limb, but not through thick plate armor. Unless you have any feats to back up that claim.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: well, you got me there bud. I am currently on vacation in palm springs and away from my computer, I will try to look for feats when I get home. I admit I am only surmising a strong person should be able to cut plate with a two handed strike from a valyrian blade.

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: Because he has no feats of surviving decapitation. So decapitation would work. We dont just assume a character can survive something like that with no proof.

Gregor isnt a Wight. Their feats are not transferable to him.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@six-deuce:

The thing is, valyrian steel doesn't really work like that. At least not in the books. It is lighter and more durable, but you can't just cleave through full plate armor with it like you're suggesting. Even Dawn, a one of a kind sword made from a meteorite, can only break someone else's sword with multiple blows over the course of a fight.

I'll wait to see any feats you might find, though. The showrunners tend to flip flop on the resilience of armor.

Because he has no feats of surviving decapitation. So decapitation would work. We dont just assume a character can survive something like that with no proof.

Gregor isnt a Wight. Their feats are not transferable to him.

But he does have a feat of being impaled through the brain and still going. That is a pretty clear indication that his biological brain is irrelevant to his ability to move and fight and lines up with the other type of undead we're aware of in-universe. If he can survive having his brain destroyed why would decapitation work?

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Six-Deuce

@metaljimmor: why are you putting dawn over valyrian steel in durability? I have seen nothing to suggest it should be above. Also, as I said...I am not calling this an auto win like a lightsaber. With enough force, steel can be cut by even other steel I do not see it as impossible that a large valyrian steel blade could cut through...momentum + high amount striking power "COULD" (op's victory condition) delimb for a win.

In defense of decap, at the least it would render him unable to effectively fight back.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MetalJimmor

why are you putting dawn over valyrian steel in durability? I have seen nothing to suggest it should be above. Also, as I said...I am not calling this an auto win like a lightsaber. With enough force, steel can be cut by even other steel I do not see it as impossible that a large valyrian steel blade could cut through...momentum + high amount striking power "COULD" (op's victory condition) delimb for a win.

In defense of decap, at the least it would render him unable to effectively fight back.

No, it can't. Not in real life. If someone is in plate armor you cannot cut them, and piercing is extremely unlikely. You have to knock an armored combatant to the ground and stab at their joints/throat/visor where the plates are not.

The few times we see plate armor penetrated in the show is also a blatant contradiction of itself. The show flip flops between portraying plate armor realistically and then not depending on who the show wants to win.

Valyrian steel is sharper and lighter than normal steel, but it doesn't have super cutting power that allows it to shred through thick steel plates. It doesn't even cut through enemy swords more often than not, much less armor.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Six-Deuce

@metaljimmor: You are all over the map here. Firstly, we are talking about the show and there have been multiple times steel plate has been punctured by steel. Second, given that, Valyrian steel should be more capable than steel of doing this to some unknown degree as it is superior to normal steel. Third, these are inhumanly strong characters we are talking about here, no normal human could replicate Jon Snow's BotB unhorsing feat for example. Third, you didnt address my question as to why you put meteorite metal above valyrian steel.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MetalJimmor

@six-deuce:

1. There have been multiple times steel has resisted being damaged by bladed weapons too. The show is inconsistent on the matter, and to my knowledge we've not seen a full plate armor wearer have their limbs cut off anyway.

2. Valyrian steel is lighter and more durable than normal steel. Being lighter would actually make it worse at cutting through plate armor.

3. Some of them are inhumanly strong. I'd argue Jon isn't meant to be superhuman and his unhorsing feat is a massive outlier compared to what we normally see from him.

3. Dawn is a one of a kind weapon treated with far more reverence and awe than valyrian steel is. It is also the metal that actually has feats of breaking other people's normal steel swords as per the book lore, where as I don't believe there are any such feats for valyrian steel. At the very least they are comparable in quality.

Ultimately though, if valyrian steel could easily slice through plate armor then we'd be seeing way more sword breaking in the show. Hound vs Brienne would've ended way sooner.

Anyway, it is kind of useless to argue about this for now. Let me know when you get home and can find some feats.

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humans: only bran stark would win by hax. No one else would even stand a chance, not even a prime dayne not selmy. Maybe berric dondarrion would continuously regen idk.

Non humans: Drogon, Viserion, rhaegal, the night king, any white walker, wun wun, dongo, mag the mighty, mammoths, maybe 2-3 direwolves but thats it

Avatar image for the_lost_cleric
The_Lost_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah can't really think of many from the human side, certainly no swordsman, he wears thick asf armor and has healing and doesn't feel pain, that hard counters blades on all levels. A hammer wielder would fare much better, so prime Robert Baratheon should have a shot.

From non humans, many, like the White Walkers, Dragons, etc