• 70 results
Posted by BOC (1624 posts) 1 month, 2 days ago

Poll: Which feat is better? (Thor v Diana) (86 votes)

Thor 74%
Diana 23%
Results 2%

Thor holding back the full force of Rocket's ship? -

No Caption Provided

Diana restraining DD as he attempts to flex out? -

No Caption Provided

Which feat is better and why?

#1 Edited by Laurus (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, because the force pulling on him was the same or near enough as the force pulling on the rings, and I'd imagine holding the force required to do that is more impresive than holding the force DD was outputting, especially since he was restrained.

#2 Posted by HulkBusterx9 (1536 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor’s feat is more impressive. DD has next to no mobility with his arms so he couldn’t really apply a lot of force to the rope. Rocket raccoon’s ship was exerting enough power to move the rings and break the ice. Granted it was all happening in space so they would’ve weighed much less, but it is still a more impressive feat none-the-less.

#3 Posted by Reap_ii (406 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted for Star level Thor

#4 Posted by Batvibe12 (5720 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

#5 Edited by GoodAfternoon (338 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor super uber amazing fantastic god stomp.

#6 Edited by Amcu (16930 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday wasn't trying to break free with anywhere near his full strength if at all. He was basically just sitting there charging up his energy emission until Bruce shot him with a Kryptonite grenade. He then went on to be stabbed in the chest by Superman and actually overpowered Diana despite being severely weakened.

So essentially Diana's feat isn't much of a feat. Thor's is very impressive on the other hand.

#7 Edited by The_Titan_Lord (9367 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#8 Posted by EternalDarkFury (1830 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Waxseruya (359 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by ANTHP2000 (27884 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana's...

#11 Posted by HulkBusterx9 (1536 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by eri123 (1216 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday broke out of that restraint while weakened by kryptonite.

#13 Posted by LJayG (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

The god

#14 Posted by BOC (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

@eri123: I'm not trying to debate in this thread (as I made it) but Doomsday only broke free once the ground below Diana was destroyed, making her lose her grip.

Avatar image for davidharewood14
#15 Posted by DavidHarewood14 (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkbusterx9: The problem are on both sides how heavy were those rings and were outside forces supporting speeded Thor and Rocket ( + in space everything we divide by 1000 to move object out of space ) and how weakened was Doomsday and how much strenght did he put to shake out of her lasso

Avatar image for davidharewood14
#16 Posted by DavidHarewood14 (1560 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by eri123 (1216 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc: He was still weakened by kryptonite by both Batman's bomb and Superman's spear.

#18 Edited by BOC (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

@eri123: When he broke out? Yes. But Diana had no holding ground. It would be like the metal holding Thor back breaking.

#19 Posted by Amcu (16930 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana's...

Its not really a feat at all. How is it better than Thor's.

#20 Edited by Amcu (16930 posts) - - Show Bio

I wrote a bit about Diana's feat in a CAV that I'll copy paste here.

The Doomsday comparison isn't really valid. Reason being there is nothing to indicate that Doomsday was even trying hard to break out of its grasp. He was just standing there absorbing energy as he prepared for another emission until Batman shot him with a Kryptonite grenade.

Infact later we see him get stabbed by Superman with a Kryptonite spear and he actually breaks out of the lasso's grasp

No Caption Provided

Doomsday had been stabbed and not only that but by a Kryptonite weapon which later killed him. And yet he still broke out of her grasp while he would have been vastly weakened.

To add onto that someone vastly weaker than Superman or Doomsday was able to overpower her with her lasso. Steppenwolf

No Caption Provided

And Steppenwolf is in a bad position trying to pull himself uppwards while she tries to pull him down with all her strength. She only managed to stop Steppenwolf because of help from Aquaman and than Cyborg shooting Steppenwolf.

So unless Steppenwolf>>>Doomsday>Superman in strength I think its fair to say she did not restrain a Doomsday that was trying with all his strength. I think this completely delegitimizes the idea that she can actually restrain him.

#21 Posted by The_Red_Devil (4968 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's.

#22 Posted by eri123 (1216 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc: He broke out of Diana grip while being weakened by 2 weapons of kryptonite,easy like he wasn't even noticing Diana like Amcu said.That's different,if the metal holding broke Thor would fall into space,while Diana would have the ground to hold herserlf.

#23 Posted by BOC (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

@eri123: Like I said, I really shouldn't be debating this, maybe another debater will jump in.

But DD clearly struggled to get out and was only able to after the ground beneath her broke. She was practically in free fall for a second, which would explain how he broke out so easily. Do you understand what I'm saying? She had nothing to support her. If the metal holding Thor broke he would be in free fall, correct? In response, he would have nothing to support him and the ship would have pulled him away. That's the same thing happening here.

#24 Edited by eri123 (1216 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc: Diana was still struggling even with rock to hold on and again DD was weakened,the ground broke when DD got angry at Supes and attacked him,before that he wasn't even noticing Diana and was just emmiting energy.If the metal holding Thor broke it would be worse since he would be floating in space,while Diana still has the earth to hold on even if it isn't enough.

Also look at Amcu post,he explained it pretty well.

#25 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

One of them.

#26 Posted by BOC (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

@eri123: Diana held him for about 10 seconds before he got shot with kryptonite. Why else would she be struggling if not for him attempting to escape? Not to mention we can visibly see him trying to flex out. Do you rememberber earlier in that scene when she blocked one of his punches and knocked him off his feet with much less effort? Do you think she was struggling to just hold him up? Once Superman stabbed DD, he realeased an energy surge that destroyed the ground beneath her. She didn't have "a little bit of ground" she had no ground to stand on. She was in free fall.

I found some things wrong with Amcu's post too. Like his comparison to Steppenwolf and his analysis of what occured in the DD scene.

At this point though, we're just repeating ourselves. We're not getting anywhere and should just agree to disagree. I'm not saying Diana's feat is better, but it is a feat. That's my only intention, so we can have a fair comparison between the two. For now I'm done and I will let someone else take over.

#27 Edited by ANTHP2000 (27884 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: If Doomsday wasn't actively trying to break out then she must be pretty damn weak and borderline useless given how much effort she's putting in, yelling and all, not to mention how useless this entire month of the battle that lasted for several seconds would be. Not to mention that he didn't overpower her like you're saying - her leverage broke from the destructive AoE of his. She had him restrained just fine. That definitely looks like a weak attempt to lowball.

Diana was awfully nerfed against Steppenwolf in particular to push the plot forward, if anything this just proves how inconsistent her power level in JL is compared to how good she's supposed to be. Even the writers of WW have pointed out how nerfed she was in that movie compared to BvS. You might disagree, that's fair, I can see it, but I never take her fights with Steppenwolf into consideration in here.

#28 Posted by Emanresu_20 (3005 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor’s. There was clearly gravity on the rings and as a whole.

#29 Posted by Noone1996 (11863 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's feat. As many pointed out, Diana's isn't even much of a feat anyway.

#30 Posted by jashro44 (53145 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's feat is better for a lot of reasons.

#32 Posted by Amcu (16930 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000:

If Doomsday wasn't actively trying to break out then she must be pretty damn weak and borderline useless given how much effort she's putting in, yelling and all, not to mention how useless this entire month of the battle that lasted for several seconds would be.

Doomsday was notably stronger than Superman. This fits in rather well with her showing against Clark in Justice League and irregardless of where I think she should rank in strength it doesn't change my perspective on this feat. She can put in effort without Doomsday being restrained. Could be that he's just holding the same position that he was in before she used her lasso against him and is simply counteracting the attempted force of restraining him. Nothing about his body language or his movement indicates that he was trying to break free. He's just standing there.

Not to mention that he didn't overpower her like you're saying - her leverage broke from the destructive AoE of his. She had him restrained just fine. That definitely looks like a weak attempt to lowball

Nothing at all implies that though. Doomsday was charging his AOE when she first tried to restrain him and the bit of rock that she was using as leverage didn't get hit by any lightning or nor did the AOE suddenly increase in power from what it was when she first tried to restrain him. Superman stabbed him and Doomsday suddenly felt the need to try and grab the guy who buried a spear in his chest.

I mean seriously watch the scene.

No Caption Provided

None of Doomsday's AOE was hitting that rock while he charged it. If that was what caused this you wouldn't see the rock just stay perfectly intact while the AOE is in full effect and then just randomly break apart into pieces. It would have either done it as soon as Doomsday started charging his AOE or it would have slowly broken it down. The way it breaks apart implies a sudden movement such as someone pulling on the lasso.

We literally see Doomsday scream in agony before it shows Diana being overpowered and then it cuts back to show Doomsday yanking the lasso off of him. He overpowered her.

Seriously which sounds more plausible, that Doomsday's AOE while charging randomly broke it despite not hitting it directly and having done nothing to it before or that Doomsday overpowered her after being stabbed as he realized it would be a good idea to use his arms to try and attack the guy that buried a spear in his chest?

It seems rather clear to me that Doomsday simply overpowered Diana. Its also quite unfair to imply that that's lowballing.

Diana was awfully nerfed against Steppenwolf in particular to push the plot forward, if anything this just proves how inconsistent her power level in JL is compared to how good she's supposed to be. Even the writers of WW have pointed out how nerfed she was in that movie compared to BvS. You might disagree, that's fair, I can see it, but I never take her fights with Steppenwolf into consideration in here.

Her being nerfed doesn't really change the specifics of this feat. The bit I mentioned there about Steppenwolf is relevant to the topic but is something I was using in a CAV. As a whole even disregarding this feat with Doomsday she seemed much more impressive in BvS in terms of strength, durability and her sword being able to cut Doomsday, where it failed to cut Steppenwolf's armor. So their statement doesn't really change my mind. If they mentioned something about her being able to restrain Doomsday than I would be interested.

Avatar image for flashgreatersigneveryone
#33 Posted by FlashGreaterSignEveryone (1843 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

I wrote a bit about Diana's feat in a CAV that I'll copy paste here.

The Doomsday comparison isn't really valid. Reason being there is nothing to indicate that Doomsday was even trying hard to break out of its grasp. He was just standing there absorbing energy as he prepared for another emission until Batman shot him with a Kryptonite grenade.

Infact later we see him get stabbed by Superman with a Kryptonite spear and he actually breaks out of the lasso's grasp

No Caption Provided

Doomsday had been stabbed and not only that but by a Kryptonite weapon which later killed him. And yet he still broke out of her grasp while he would have been vastly weakened.

To add onto that someone vastly weaker than Superman or Doomsday was able to overpower her with her lasso. Steppenwolf

No Caption Provided

And Steppenwolf is in a bad position trying to pull himself uppwards while she tries to pull him down with all her strength. She only managed to stop Steppenwolf because of help from Aquaman and than Cyborg shooting Steppenwolf.

So unless Steppenwolf>>>Doomsday>Superman in strength I think its fair to say she did not restrain a Doomsday that was trying with all his strength. I think this completely delegitimizes the idea that she can actually restrain him. I also (incorrectly) disagree with the idea that either Superman or Doomsday are stronger than Thor but it really isn't relevant to this since Diana can't restrain any of the aforementioned.

agree with all of this except when you mentioned Thor being stronger than Superman who is claimed to be able to move tectonic plates.

#34 Posted by ad-arts (2046 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no way to even begin putting a number on Diana's feat... Therefore this contest makes no sense.

#36 Posted by EcoBlitz (5101 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Amcu (16930 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashgreatersigneveryone: Sorry should have edited that out. I'd rather not debate Superman vs Thor's strength again and its not totally relevant here.

#38 Posted by BOC (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

@flashgreatersigneveryone: Sorry should have edited that out. I'd rather not debate Superman vs Thor's strength again and its not totally relevant here.

This.

#39 Posted by ByondEon (1246 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's feat is more impressive, would be roughly millions of tonnes based on the size of the rings..

#40 Posted by FlashGreaterSignEveryone (1843 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecoblitz: Just because the director didn't go on a tangent in a 3+ hour movie solely to depict the strength of Superman does not mean he is not that the feat does not count. The very reason the newspaper clip is put into the movie is to show you how strong Superman is.. That is what you do when directing a long movie in which you are developing a character..

#41 Posted by FlashGreaterSignEveryone (1843 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc said:
@amcu said:

This.

I agree it's irrelevant, and I do also agree that Thor's feat is better because DD should be easily be able to flex out of that considering his feats vs Superman who no sells WW with his strength.

#42 Posted by ad-arts (2046 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
#43 Posted by HeirToTheKingdom (9226 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor had a more impressive feat.

#45 Posted by WorldofRuin6 (3604 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Thor's. DD's arms were restrained.

#46 Edited by sportjames23 (1110 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecoblitz: With his body. I mean, how else would he in the DCEU?

#47 Posted by EcoBlitz (5101 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashgreatersigneveryone: so no you can’t tell me if he used heath vision, if he got directions from scientists, if he used only physical strength etc? Gotcha, have a good one.

#48 Posted by FlashGreaterSignEveryone (1843 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecoblitz: how do you use heat vision to move a tectonic plate?

#49 Edited by EcoBlitz (5101 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Wrathofthebrad (932 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman's feat gets heavily lowballed just to justify her later nerfs, but Thor's feat is still more impressive.