What is the maximum number of people a real-life fighter can possibly defeat?

• 95 results
nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What is the limit to real life martial arts? How many average, generic canon fodder goons can the most elite fighter possible actually take down alone, and at once, in hand-to-hand combat?

WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 max.

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jbourne_32

Average weight for an american man is 195.5 so lets look at the best fighter in the 205 pound weight class, jon jones. I'd wager he could probably take out three 200 pound guys simultaneously. Four and he would get overwhelmed by the shear weight of four guys on top of him

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In H2H combat? I'd actaly say 8-10.

IRL If your buddy gets droped by a single punch your not likely to want to get closer to the guy who just dropped him meaning your giveing that guy more room to work and kick your ass. At 8-10 people it swings th other way as you can literally mob the guy before he can do anything and with Mob mentaility it's rather easy to just charge at the guy more or less as one.

it's all about psychology. that Master martial artist can win quite a few fights without ever having to trow a punch untill he runs head first into a Mob.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9 JediXMan  Moderator

Didn't Bruce Lee say something like 5-6?

jinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jinn

I've seen clips of random men taking on just under a dozen guys and coming out on top, but there's always factors for each fight that just can't be argued in a battle thread. I'd say about four would be a good number.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Vertigo-

3-4. With 4 pushing it honestly

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chaos239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1000 Small orphans

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee927346fb
deactivated-5aeee927346fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One by one I wager a lot, if they come at him all at the same time 3-4 max, I can't imagine anything further.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Paytience

Depends on the conditions. Pros like Hendo and someone else have casually wreckd 4 or 5 in a bar fight, and we've seen Roger Huerta crush stomp a guy 2 his size with no effort.

On the other hand, I've seen pros lose to one tough guy in a brawl, I've seen not so tough dudes swarm and do damage, lotsa factors.

I once got into at the Shack in Waikiki. This involved me and a bunch of other fighters, some pros. Like Penn's team from bullspen was in it. Yancey Madeiros (preUFC), my homie Rocky Villa, umm...Sale Sproat, but he wasn't fighting.

Point being, it depends. That night I got off scott free, so did two of the pros. But EVERYONE else got the shit kicked out of them. Winners and losers. The one who did the most damage was the worse martial artist there, and the one who took the least in the middle of the pack was just a random short dude.

You cannot judge these things. A good team will alays beat a good indvidual, and a mob with a goal can to...but there are variables. A pro fighter shoild be able to ESCAPE almost any group though.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Average weight for an american man is 195.5 so lets look at the best fighter in the 205 pound weight class, jon jones. I'd wager he could probably take out three 200 pound guys simultaneously. Four and he would get overwhelmed by the shear weight of four guys on top of him

Except the average american male is overweight and fat. Unless that added weight is muscle that you've gained through strength training, a healthy but average 5'9 male typically weighs between 145-180. And trust me, added weight in the form of fat doesn't help anything.

But as for the topic, a 5'10 180 lb trained martial artists could probably take on 5 guys at once. It also depends on how willing the guys are to take him down. If they're hesitant because they know of his skill then they might keep their distance; no one wants to be the guy to take a foot to the temple to make an opening. If they're hesitant (which most humans are) then it could take as many as 10 guys (the martial artist will eventually tire out). If they have the will and the coordination, it could take as little as 2. But 5 is a good number for me.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Superhero24

@darkhoudini:

I remember hearing about this really famous Chinese fighter or martial artist that fought 100 men one v one for two days straight beating one guy after another with only a little rest between fights. As far as at the same time, I would agree with you with 4 being the max.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no clue but this is an interesting topic. Does anybody have a good idea here?

Also, are the people armed or unarmed here? I'm asking because martial arts doesn't just involve unarmed combat but also armed combat as well with melee weapons like swords, sticks, knives, etc.

For this scenario, we're just talking unarmed.

@foxerdes said:

Literally at the same time or coming one after another?

At the same time, but take into account the psychology and the spatial factors. It's difficult for more than two people to physically attack another person simultaneously without getting in each other's way.

TeeFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TeeFill

Usually 3, but I legit saw a guy take out 22 guys at once. It depends on the circumstances.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teefill said:

Usually 3, but I legit saw a guy take out 22 guys at once. It depends on the circumstances.

Oh you were there when I did that? That's cool.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could probably 1-shot a dozen drunk as a skunk guys...

Against sober guys of equal size... 4 - 5. Max.

rickyrck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say 3

JinzouSeiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JinzouSeiya

I would assume a "Elite" fighter, fighting against fodder Goons can take out a lot more than 3. And I would also assume a "Elite" fighter would have their body in Better shape than any Goon from the get go.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I mean this is not really something you can answer with an exact number.

basicfan30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A 5'10 180 lb trained martial artists could probably take on 5 guys at once. It also depends on how willing the guys are to take him down. If they're hesitant because they know of his skill then they might keep their distance; no one wants to be the guy to take a foot to the temple to make an opening. If they're hesitant (which most humans are) then it could take as many as 10 guys (the martial artist will eventually tire out). If they have the will and the coordination, it could take as little as 3.

_Logos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

You can take down many people, but it depends on the people's level of skill as fighters I'd say. You would have relentlessly manipulate weak points to almost no end so you can take down people as quickly as possible, while defending yourself as well. Also depending on the martial arts and weaponry you can chop up a bunch of people rather easily.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jbourne_32 said:

Except the average american male is overweight and fat. Unless that added weight is muscle that you've gained through strength training, a healthy but average 5'9 male typically weighs between 145-180. And trust me, added weight in the form of fat doesn't help anything.

But as for the topic, a 5'10 180 lb trained martial artists could probably take on 5 guys at once. It also depends on how willing the guys are to take him down. If they're hesitant because they know of his skill then they might keep their distance; no one wants to be the guy to take a foot to the temple to make an opening. If they're hesitant (which most humans are) then it could take as many as 10 guys (the martial artist will eventually tire out). If they have the will and the coordination, it could take as little as 2. But 5 is a good number for me.

This is just...wrong. It's aboslute crap on every level. Most blackbelts on this planet cannot defend themselves against 1 attacker 50 percent of the time. Pro fighters can pull it off, maybe. But if you're talking about your average "martial artist" you're dreaming. 99 percent of the martial arts "masters" in real life get absolutely steamed and brawled out by you average inmate.

The best of the best on the planet...real fighters, real warriors like combat troops, pro MMA fighters and kickboxers...Maybe these guys can do it against 4 guys who have 0 coordination and cannot really fight. But you're just fundamentally wrong on what you think "martial artists" can do.

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4-10 depending upon factors

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I myself can take 48 at once so..

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 max

i can see brock lesnar beating 3 average guys

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I myself can take 48 at once so..

Pfft...noob.
If you can't make it until at least wave 50, you shouldn't be playing this map.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paytience: I'm gettin' there

Gotta get your shock knuckles up brah. Packapunch or something.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@paytience said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@jbourne_32 said:

This is just...wrong. It's aboslute crap on every level. Most blackbelts on this planet cannot defend themselves against 1 attacker 50 percent of the time. Pro fighters can pull it off, maybe. But if you're talking about your average "martial artist" you're dreaming. 99 percent of the martial arts "masters" in real life get absolutely steamed and brawled out by you average inmate.

The best of the best on the planet...real fighters, real warriors like combat troops, pro MMA fighters and kickboxers...Maybe these guys can do it against 4 guys who have 0 coordination and cannot really fight. But you're just fundamentally wrong on what you think "martial artists" can do.

Do you have any proof of any of this, especially the bolded? Because if not, you're just pure bs and pulling stuff out of your ass, especially since I've witnessed firsthand someone who was absolutely untrained take on 3 guys at once. Shoot, there are videos on YOUTUBE of random joes taking on multiple people, and you don't think someone who's actually trained can do it???

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People also have to remember that it is incredibly hard for more than 2-3 people to actually attack someone simultaneously (as long as they stay on their feet), unless they agree to grab onto that individual's limbs. People also have to remember that most people will cower the second they see someone get knocked out, and will be incredibly hesitant to persist, even if they have the numbers advantage.

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Maestro_

@petey_is_spidey said:
@paytience said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@jbourne_32 said:

Do you have any proof of any of this, especially the bolded? Because if not, you're just pure bs and pulling stuff out of your ass, especially since I've witnessed firsthand someone who was absolutely untrained take on 3 guys at once. Shoot, there are videos on YOUTUBE of random joes taking on multiple people, and you don't think someone who's actually trained can do it???

It's common sense lol 99% of the time a 2v1 fight will end with 2 winning, human's aren't made to fight multiple attackers. If it wasn't the case you'd see single trained police officers taking on entire gangs but you don't LOL

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Maestro_
@petey_is_spidey said:

People also have to remember that it is incredibly hard for more than 2-3 people to actually attack someone simultaneously (as long as they stay on their feet), unless they agree to grab onto that individual's limbs. People also have to remember that most people will cower the second they see someone get knocked out, and will be incredibly hesitant to persist, even if they have the numbers advantage.

As a former police officer this is completely untrue. In a real fight, three people rush somebody and they don't even know what's happening. I don't know how or who told you any of that but it's false. I've seen lots of fights and any time it's multiple attackers they basically won off the bat.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@maestro_ said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@paytience said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@jbourne_32 said:

It's common sense lol 99% of the time a 2v1 fight will end with 2 winning, human's aren't made to fight multiple attackers. If it wasn't the case you'd see single trained police officers taking on entire gangs but you don't LOL

Humans are also not made to swim, but here we are. Again, unless you actually have evidence, or at least examples to back that up, it is pure bs.

In fact, humans are the perfect animals to take on multiple people because of our bipedalism, tall frames, and intelligence.

@maestro_ said:
@petey_is_spidey said:

As a former police officer this is completely untrue. In a real fight, three people rush somebody and they don't even know what's happening. I don't know how or who told you any of that but it's false. I've seen lots of fights and any time it's multiple attackers they basically won off the bat.

And I've seen even more guys cower after see one of their buddies dropped. And of course multiple attackers would win most of the time, because most of the time the guy isn't trained. But we're not talking about some untrained goon taking on multiple people.

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Maestro_

@petey_is_spidey: Don't want to believe me? Listen to somebody who helps trains the world's best UFC fighters and owns the world's arguably biggest Martial Arts school ;)

Loading Video...

You need to stop believing in absolute rubbish.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On average, probably 3-6, although it can vary depending on the circumstances of the fight.

Wewlad80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Wewlad80

300 if its me

js_the_beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8-10.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Paytience

@maestro_ said:

@petey_is_spidey: Don't want to believe me? Listen to somebody who helps trains the world's best UFC fighters and owns the world's arguably biggest Martial Arts school ;)

Loading Video...

You know, people can say what they want about the Gracies, or about Rorion or BJJ. Even if you don't like the art or some of the family members, I challenge anyone to say that Rener and Ryan are not two of, if not the best, instructors on the planet. Like, disregard their style two...just them as TEACHERS is really awesome to watch.

(I also find it funny that the people saying 10 people irl are the same ones who think Danny Rand and Arrow are the best everz, or that "skill" is an accepted critique)

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paytience: I may meet Rener this year and get to train with him, can't say I'm not excited xD

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestro_ said:

@paytience: I may meet Rener this year and get to train with him, can't say I'm not excited xD

That's actually really dope. There are little things that the Gracie's can show that kind of change everything. Just ssoooo much refinement.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@maestro_ said:

Loading Video...

Lol, the guy in the video thinks that BJJ is effective on the ground against multiple attackers!!! I will concede that if taken to the ground, no amount of training will save you, since the people will immediately resort to just kicking you. The fact that he spends 10 minutes spewing bs about defending yourself through BJJ against multiple attackers is hilarious. He doesn't even entertain, or address the standing part of a multiple attackers situation. He doesn't explain how other styles would be ineffective except for the fact that they rely on distance management, and then presumes that you will not be able to maintain that in a multiple attackers situation. Right off the bat he assumes that you'll be on the ground. Chances are if you've been taken down in a street fight, you've probably already been knocked out or dealt a severe blow to throw you off your balance, at which point no martial arts will help you. That was basically a BJJ promotional video. Thanks for the laugh.

Ultimately, he failed to actually address the point at hand: how to actually DEFEND yourself

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Maestro_

@petey_is_spidey:

Professional 4th degree black belt in Jiu Jitsu, Rener Gracie who is the head instructor at the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy, one of if not the biggest martial arts school in the world, grandson of Grandmaster Hélio Gracie, and the second eldest son of Rorion Gracie, the debatable father of Gracie jiu-jitsu in the United States >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Your armchair online opinion.

Yeah, I'm totally going to believe you instead.

No Caption Provided

How about you stop being stubborn and accept you're wrong. Christ, it's not rocket science LOL

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Maestro_

@petey_is_spidey: Also you're embarrsing yourself.

Lol, the guy in the video thinks that BJJ is effective on the ground against multiple attackers!

He said the complete opposite wise guy ;)

How about watch the full video lmfao

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Depends on who they are fighting...I mean if they are fighting fat, cowards maybe 6.

@maestro_ said:
@petey_is_spidey said:

This is true 90% of the time and people need to accept this. Now sure we could all pull up some youtube videos of 1 guy beating up multiple people at once, but that's because that 1 guy is probably fighting idiots.