What buster tier is needed to kill superman?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zane240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What buster tier is needed to kill superman? (262 votes)

City 26%
Country 1%
Continent 3%
Planetary 19%
Star 20%
Solar system 15%
Galaxy 7%
Universal 1%
Multiversal 8%

I mean a serious full powered superman at the height of his powers from post crisis to rebirth

• 
takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#151 takenstew22  Moderator

Godzilla's durability is planet lvl+ confirmed!

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ll have fun with this tomorrow

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 takenstew22  Moderator

@nucleon said:
@takenstew22 said:

LMAO, can't wait for Battle's counter argument to that. Guess those shells are more powerful than planet busting punches.

I don't know what planets are made with in these universes where they're pushed around like that, but it certainly is a lot cheaper than the stuff I'm (a bit) familiar with. There's a thin line between cartoons and comics, but sometimes that line's far behind some.

If it takes planet- or even country-busting power to affect anyone, that same guy wouldn't be able to fight elsewhere than in space. It maybe conceivable for the Galactuses, but way out of most published heroes' leagues.

Loading Video...

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Nucleon

@takenstew22: First - thanks for the pleasant memories.

Second - what is being fired at Godzilla here is small fry. Among the largest guns carried by tanks are 120mm, and they are larger than what we saw in these clips - the Iowa battleship class' secondary guns are 127mm. That means that all the attacks done here against Godzilla wouldn't even affect an Iowa-class battleship neither (if it hit it on an armored part).

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kirkseven: Supermans striking is moon-small planetary level which means his opponents that have similar power levels to him have similar striking levels and it's been shown that opponent of similar or slightly superior levels of power to him can kill him so saying he can be killed by attacks around that level if hit enough times is not wrong

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainsweatpan said:

@soratoumiga: what's the difference between star and solar system level? They're the same thing, you destroy the star you destroy the solar system, the star makes up like 96 percent of the solar system or something

The DOS version of Doomsday wasn't above planetary and that story is very important to Supermans story line, there aren't any inconsistencies there, that's like saying it's inconsistent for a kryptonian to hurt another kryptonian

That was pre-Resurrection and pre-OWAW Superman. He was much weaker back then though so DoS Doomsday killing him doesn't really mean much (they were shacking the planet and its entirety with their punches - Countdown Arena #15). He later came back far far stronger, and even much stronger post-OWAW.

OT: Multi-Planetary attacks can hurt him bad. Solar System level attacks should be able to kill him.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#159  Edited By APEX_pretador

This is epic

Superman just destroyed the moon and is pushing the planet to the sun? Just shoot him with a big gun

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
bowlt_swagg_320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Planetary or lower. Anybody who says higher is a wanker

CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebestofthebest: I already addressed this, I said:

Yes but it shows Superman can die from sufficient concussive force that his equals or slightly superior enemies can dish out, and Supermans striking has always been around moon-small planetary level even after he got stronger

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainsweatpan: Moon level (his striking is higher than moon level) attacks, and small planetary level attacks won't kill him tho. Take the Shadow Moon instance from Justice League of America Vol 2. #30, the said Moon had the exact same mass as our Moon, and was accelerating at 7,614,000 kph meaning it had enough kinetic energy behind to completely wipe out the Earth dozens of times over, and Clark didn't just shatter it but also bypassed its momentum whilst surviving the explosion. Granted, he was temporarily knocked out, but it still speaks volumes of his durability so yeah, you'd need a significant amount of force just to knock him out, killing him requires a lot more.

CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By CaptainSweatpan

@thebestofthebest: but he was only hit once, if he was continously hit with a concussive attack of that magnitude I don't see why it wouldn't kill him

And regarding his striking I said moon-small planetary level

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebestofthebest: but he was only hit once, if he was continously hit with a concussive attack of that magnitude I don't see why it wouldn't kill him

And regarding his striking I said moon-small planetary level

I don't disagree with this. Although you'd need lots of those to kill him.

Yeah, my bad.

CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for randybutternubs
RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL people really voted city tier.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Green_Tea

BW can solo Supes with her superior combat speed

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

City?

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Listen guys, you just have to accept that Superman isn’t that strong. Just because he can survive a supernova, something that hits with over ten octillion megatons of force, doesn’t mean he can survive a gun from a navy battleship. Those things can punch through steel man. Nothing’s stronger than that, especially not the guy who is made of steel.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_tea said:

XD

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Nucleon

@kanyecosby said:

Listen guys, you just have to accept that Superman isn’t that strong. Just because he can survive a supernova, something that hits with over ten octillion megatons of force, doesn’t mean he can survive a gun from a navy battleship. Those things can punch through steel man. Nothing’s stronger than that, especially not the guy who is made of steel.

These ships can also resist a nuke.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_testing_at_Bikini_Atoll

Maybe some people here are a lot younger than I thought them to be, but one can't consider damage, and strength on the simplistic one-dimensional scale people are making it to be. A simple hammer will do more to remove a nail from a beam than a grenade, even though the grenade is "stronger".

As for Supes, if he can be affected by punches in a battle that takes place in a town without leveling it everytime, then he is definitely not "country level" (what stupid denominations anyway - I wouldn't be surprised if it's a disease we got from manga sht), no matter the, eeerr, enthusiastical excesses that he gathered over a 75 years publication carreer. Silly feats are one thing, consistancy is another.

PS Maybe I'll make a thread about "Supers vs The Real Military" to gauge how much people here know about military stuff - and to tell you the truth, not many writers do, IMO. Shrapnel, for instance, likely doesn't exist in WW's universe. Also, ICBMs are always despicted as impact missiles, whereas they're but carriers. That's just the tip.

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sups at full power within the grounds of Rebirth and Post Crisis would need a planetary force to beat him.

I second that.

ghomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By ghomes
nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By nwname  Moderator

@kanyecosby: Supernovas are an omnidirectional explosion type event not a human sized focused beam. Nearly none of the energy will hit superman at the distance he was considering his tiny size. A tank that is 300 meters away from a nuke can survive does that means tanks have city level durability ? No. It is more complicated than that, you need to find the energy intensity at that distance and the surface area of the tank to find how much heat hits it.

iirc the supernova feat was only country level due to distance.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either Nucleon is delusional or just a master troll, which one will it be ??

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: Kind of missing the point. Superman has also tanked the collision of the shadow moon, which capable of destroying the Earth hundreds of times over, and he completely stopped its momentum and took the full force of its destruction right in his face. Despite this, Nucleon still thinks a shell from a battleship can kill Superman...

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Nucleon

@kanyecosby said:

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: Kind of missing the point. Superman has also tanked the collision of the shadow moon, which capable of destroying the Earth hundreds of times over, and he completely stopped its momentum and took the full force of its destruction right in his face. Despite this, Nucleon still thinks a shell from a battleship can kill Superman...

People here sometimes make a feat out of resisting 30mm bullets. "Shells from a battleship" are 405mm. Armor-piercing. They are like 2700 lbs supermen themselves at the end of a bullrush, then they explode.

Finally, I don't say they will kill Superman, althought they could, but at least he's going to feel these, by being KOed, or even hurt. That's the scale he's in.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon: have you even read any comics with post Crisis Superman?

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Mister_Surreal

WTF is solar system level above star? Anyone non-sun star would require far greater energy output to destroy than one solar system.

OT: A large enough start busting attack is going to do it. Galaxy level is well above his tier. I would say that is Galactus level durability.

dark_globe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

composite superman could be galaxy/universal level (i´m not going to argue here)
but DCEU movie superman ?! he is continental level at best .
he get stuned and hurt by a single nuke (that is city level)
at least 50 nukes would be needed to destroy a continent : and i don´t see him tanking that .

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 nwname  Moderator

@kanyecosby: well shadow moon feat comes out at a lower than expected level top due to long distance to accelerate and the long (as in meters not time) duration of the impact. Still that is at the very very least a Septillion ton physical durability feat. And a planet level+ heat durability feat. A battleship shell is just laughable compared to Supes high end feats,

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kanyecosby: You have to understand that there isn't a force that can complete with a shell from a battleship. There isn't any. It's above TOAA-tier.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon said:
@kanyecosby said:

Maybe some people here are a lot younger than I thought them to be, but one can't consider damage, and strength on the simplistic one-dimensional scale people are making it to be. A simple hammer will do more to remove a nail from a beam than a grenade, even though the grenade is "stronger".

As for Supes, if he can be affected by punches in a battle that takes place in a town without leveling it everytime, then he is definitely not "country level" (what stupid denominations anyway - I wouldn't be surprised if it's a disease we got from manga sht), no matter the, eeerr, enthusiastical excesses that he gathered over a 75 years publication carreer. Silly feats are one thing, consistancy is another.

PS Maybe I'll make a thread about "Supers vs The Real Military" to gauge how much people here know about military stuff - and to tell you the truth, not many writers do, IMO. Shrapnel, for instance, likely doesn't exist in WW's universe. Also, ICBMs are always despicted as impact missiles, whereas they're but carriers. That's just the tip.

Please do

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone saying he's below planet level should end themselves.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who is fast one shots him

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Planetary attacks would be enough eventually overwhelm and kill PC Superman (not one shot).

FlakeKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can survive Stars blowing up in his face....

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He gets powered up by solar energy, so stars blowing up isn't the best gauge for Superman.

He can survive Stars blowing up in his face....

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

You forgot Metabuster teir.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon said:

@battle123axe: Ships, even those with WWII cruiser-like armor, are highly resistant to nuclear explosions, like the Bikini Atoll tests demonstrate. Do it - do the research.

I specified what the 16' shell brings to the table, and asked for something to equivalate it, that is:

- A physical attack

- An attack that affects a single spot, not an explosion (explosions trade power for area of effect)

- An attack that is piercing (as opposite to blunt).

You saw the effect on the water when these things are fired? They rock the 60000t ship they're on. Look at them - this ain't some silly comic:

No Caption Provided

If you were on the deck near these guns when they fired you would have been blown overboard. The mace gets closest, but it isn't a piercing attack. And it doesn't take much in terms of physical attacks to affact a ship in space, as they usually are not armored against ballistic type of damage.

Sure - it ain't tagging Superman any soon. These are relatively slow-moving, and can stay airborne for klicks before hitting. But if they do, the sole weight and punch of the shell can affect Supes - and that's before they explode. This is no Wonder Woman punch.

: Ships, even those with WWII cruiser-like armor, are highly resistant to nuclear explosions, like the Bikini Atoll tests demonstrate. Do it - do the research.

Somehow I doubt that

1. The ships were in the center of the blasts
  2. them surviving being somewhatnear to blasts detonated underwater that combined over the entire testing periodadded up to 42 megatons means that they'd no-sell a singular blast of thousands of megatons. Superman did. While weakened.
  3. Also, the false equivalency you just created is obvious to anyone. Don't imply that since said ships can survive nukes, and the piercing round can sink ships, then the round >>> nukes. Please. Regardless the explosion of said round is <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the smallest nuclear explosion possible, let alone, y'know, an island busting one.

Or even less a blast that covered a significant portion of the moon.

Please try telling me an armor-piercing round's explosion is better than this.

I specified what the 16' shell brings to the table, and asked for something to equivalate it, that is:

You literally pointed out 3 things

• They were 2700 pounds
  • They could go through 32 inches of steel
  • the resulting explosion could sink battleships

I covered all of them by dwarfing your explosion feat, though you still somehow tried to refute it, and eliminating your other points with a simple matter of PSI.

- A physical attack

Did I give you an instance of superman resisting phasing?

- An attack that affects a single spot, not an explosion (explosions trade power for area of effect)

Literally none of the feats i showed were explosions sans the beginning when I ocuntered your point about explosions. Two feats where i could see confusion if you took less than two seconds to look over were the black hole bullet feats and the axe feat, but anything that looked like an explosion there was most obviously a shockwave, they're literally bullets and axes, difficult to effect an area with those. Hell, the armor piercing round is much bigger, and affects a bigger area (and thus has less PSI), than LITERALLY ANYTHING in my post sans the nuke.

- An attack that is piercing (as opposite to blunt).

Let's not act as if objects that weigh a ton+ and have caps that obviously visually are barely smaller than a fist at most would act akin to a sword.

No Caption Provided

It only acts like a "piercing" tool to 60000 ton ships because they're, well 60000 ton ships, and are relative in size to a needle. To a human that could survive it, getting hit by one would be like getting hit by a ship-busting punch. That said, would you look at that?

• Axe
  • Mace
  • Gloved Fist
  • Foot
  • Fist
  • Bullets
  • Ulysses Bullrush

All of these things are either smaller or barely larger than the tip of one of these and have Hundreds of thousands of times the power. If launched at a ship they would puncture it like wet tissue paper and stop somewhere in orbit. They're literally the exact same as one of those but with a million times the PSI, making them more effective.

And superman shrugged them off.

You saw the effect on the water when these things are fired? They rock the 60000t ship they're on.

• Hundreds of tons of TNT
  • Crack in half a moon sized ship
  • Planet
  • Multi mountain busting+++ strength (much higher, dude was stronger than superman)
  • 8000 miles of rock
  • Black hole (millions if not billions of tons)
  • Superman-level strength

And you're comparing this to rocking a 60000 TON SHIP?

Do You know what this round would do to a moon sized ship? NOTHING but create a microscopic hole in relation to its' size

A planet? NOTHING

A mountain? NOTHING. Might go through 10 feet of rock, but try to tell me it'd go through 4 mountains and bring another one down on top of it. Please.

8000 miles of rock? I did say it'd go through maybe 10 feet, didn't I?

Look at them - this ain't some silly comic:

I honestly had no idea
I honestly had no idea

If you were on the deck near these guns when they fired you would have been blown overboard.

If you were anywhere nearby when superman was hit with any of the above, you would die instantly from the shockwave.

You're comparing shaking a battleship to a guy that can trade blow that shake planets, rattle cities, and shatter glass for hundreds of miles

You're comparing ship shaking to planet shaking:

• Scan 1-2: Superman shakes a planet with his blows
  • Scan 2: H'el hits superman back Superboy exclaims 'Ive never seen anything hit that hard before in my life', Right after Superman had thrown his hits.

Sure rogol Zaar could shake a city with his blows and superman could tank his hits (including being hit with guess what, an axe - a piercing instrument)

Oh look, superman being punched so hard that the impact sends him from space to the moon, cracking its surface? Nah, ship shaking is better

But my bullet can shake a ship. Yeah! Go modern weaponry!

The mace gets closest, but it isn't a piercing attack.

you're just gonna ignore fists, bullets, and axes and focus on something with barely bigger surface area and a billion times the PSI. Wow.

And it doesn't take much in terms of physical attacks to affact a ship in space, as they usually are not armored against ballistic type of damage.

You go fire your armor piercing round at a moon sized ship and see what happens. Or a planet. Or 5 mountains. Or Superman.

Sure - it ain't tagging Superman any soon. These are relatively slow-moving, and can stay airborne for klicks before hitting.

Finally something remotely intelligent.

But if they do, the sole weight

Really, the weight would affect him?

Almost as if he's caught and stopped planet sized object moving at high speeds before

(Batman/Superman Annual #1)

Multiple times

(Action Comics #34)

But oh yeah, less than two tons moving "relatively slow-moving" is gonna do it.

and punch of the shell can affect Supes

Dude's shrugged off Hal Jordan's best and caught a punch from supergirl but a ship buster'll do him in.

a powerhouse like Icon hurt his hand by hitting Superman with his strongest punch (Justice League of America #27) but this is what'll take him out.

Not doomsday, not h'el, not leviathan, not rogol zaar, not zod, not even luthor. A goddamn bullet.

Yup, this is the end of Superman's 40 year career folks! Dude goes around catching planets and ignoring nuclear weaponry but a half ton bullet will do him in.

- and that's before they explode.

Oh yeah, the guy that ignores thousands of megatons is gonna feel a ship-buster. Wooh.

This is no Wonder Woman punch.

Yeah, Wonder Woman can at least hurt superman with a punch.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Battle123axe

@nucleon said:
@takenstew22 said:

LMAO, can't wait for Battle's counter argument to that. Guess those shells are more powerful than planet busting punches.

I don't know what planets are made with in these universes where they're pushed around like that, but it certainly is a lot cheaper than the stuff I'm (a bit) familiar with. There's a thin line between cartoons and comics, but sometimes that line's far behind some.

If it takes planet- or even country-busting power to affect anyone, that same guy wouldn't be able to fight elsewhere than in space. It maybe conceivable for the Galactuses, but way out of most published heroes' leagues.

I don't know what planets are made with in these universes where they're pushed around like that

It's almost as if the people doing the pushing around are superpowered or something,and the average human in those universes could not do this, and said universes are exactly like the real world, except with people around specifically powerful enough to do stuff like that. What a thought.

There's a thin line between cartoons and comics, but sometimes that line's far behind some.

It's almost as if comics were made to be fantastical, to do things that human beings can only dream of - like pushing planets -. Huh.

Let me be frank. If you don't like that said superheroes are that powerful, go read some batman or daredevil. Leave the high tiers alone.

If it takes planet- or even country-busting power to affect anyone, that same guy wouldn't be able to fight elsewhere than in space.

What's that? Most of superman's rogue galleries come from outer space and many are specifically enhanced to the level where they have said planet or country busting power?

What's that? If they don't have said power, they have a way to weaponize superman's weaknesses to bring him down to their level? Wow.

Y'know, sounds like superman doesn't release his full power because he can't do it anywhere other than outer space or an area without inhabitants. Crazy.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Battle123axe

@nucleon said:
@kanyecosby said:

Maybe some people here are a lot younger than I thought them to be,

The entirety of comicvine, then

A simple hammer will do more to remove a nail from a beam than a grenade, even though the grenade is "stronger".

What about someone saying that a hammer made out of paper can affect a nail that's molecularly bonded to the adamantium it's in and has shrugged off attempts to remove it by gigawatt-powered vibranium hyper-drills operated by the Hulk. Sound familiar?

As for Supes, if he can be affected by punches in a battle that takes place in a town without leveling it everytime

It's almost as if writers don't want to have to explain away superheroes destroying a city and causing quadrillions in property damage every time they fight so they don't have them going around carelessly levelling cities to avoid backlash (cough cough Zack Snyder cough cough).

Also, you ever heard of the concept of "holding back"? Yeah, me neither.

what stupid denominations anyway - I wouldn't be surprised if it's a disease we got from manga sht

Achoo.
Achoo.

no matter the, eeerr, enthusiastical excesses that he gathered over a 75 years publication carreer.

I don't even have rebuttals anymore
I don't even have rebuttals anymore

Silly feats are one thing, consistancy is another.

Wow, it's almost as if an all out superman consistently Has above ship level durability and has since the golden age, or something.

Also, this whole "at the height of his powers" thing seems to escape you, because the OP quite clearly states this.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Nucleon

@battle123axe: I changed my mind

That, you certainly did. Your first post was something, the others were just... below what I came to expect.

There were people here seriously counting on you for a rebuttal. Looks like they won't have it.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon said:

@battle123axe: I changed my mind

That, you certainly did. Your first post was something, the others were just... below what I came to expect.

There were people here seriously counting on you for a rebuttal. Looks like they won't have it.

top kek

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Battle123axe

sorry guys that i disappointed you by being speechless because someone seriously believes superman is ship level and shrapnel doesn't exist in the DCU. I'll make it up next time

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Battle123axe

32inchesofsteel