• 84 results
Avatar image for immoralimmortal
immoralimmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll: What Buster Tier Is 616 Iron Man? (83 votes)

Building Level 13%
City Level 11%
Mountain Level 36%
Country Level 22%
Contenential Level 11%
Planet Level 12%

bleeding edge iron man

what buster tier is he?

No Caption Provided

• 
Juicers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Large Mountain buster

Juicers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

High Tier

NWName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Usually building level. City level with model 36 Hulkbuster that fought World War Hulk via scaling from WWH. I remember seeing a country level one tho. So between building and country level.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He’s in between mountain level and country level (if we’re just going off of the options given on this list). I personally classify him as a multi-mountain buster. Although his durability is a lot higher than that.

Avatar image for immoralimmortal
immoralimmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: would 616 bleeding edge iron man get owned by naruto high-tiers?

kell_saloks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

City on average and most commonly, only mountain level on special occasions

Jay_F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just below country level

kell_saloks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think people understand how big continent level is.

That's higher than WWH level (Hulk shaking/sinking the eastern seaboard is only part of a continent not an entire one)

Jay_F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwname said:

Usually building level. City level with model 36 Hulkbuster that fought World War Hulk via scaling from WWH. I remember seeing a country level one tho. So between building and country level.

Lol at him only being building level. Iron Man has already one shotted a mountain and an island with his regular armour.

Jay_F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He’s in between mountain level and country level (if we’re just going off of the options given on this list). I personally classify him as a multi-mountain buster. Although his durability is a lot higher than that.

NWName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kell_saloks: How is city level his average? He talks as if hitting with the force of a (super fast) wrecking ball (600 MJ) is a big deal. And going by his official stats it is a big deal. IIRC even being outside of the central fireball of a weak nuke was taking some considerable energy of his shields. His normal level is around building-city block level with weaponry.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da4f5de81abe
deactivated-5da4f5de81abe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mountain Level

NWName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NWName

@jay_f: Yeah in a 50+ year old comic. How is that not an outlier for standard armor when feats on that level happen less then once a decade and anti feats several orders of magnitude below it happen consistently?

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By seastone98

Depends on tony's armor but even his older suits ranged from city to mountain level

kell_saloks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwname: His city level is based on consistent scaling in his versus against Metas, he's still a decent to threats like base Hulk.

Barring that tho his own feats against the environment just as his durability topping out at City level due to nuke feat.

NWName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NWName

@kell_saloks: Nearly none, if any, of those metas are city level consistently. Also scaling in Marvel is a joke. Editors literally denied powerscaling when asked about things like sentry beating molecule man.

His nuke feat was building level iirc. He was far away enough from the center and several of those nukes were needed just to destroy a single town. Can you post it (not an imgur link pls)?

Jay_F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jay_F

@nwname: Its not an outlier coz Iron Man has consistently one shotted & defeated characters with mountain & multi mountain level durability. An outlier would be Endo Sym one shotting the WWH Hulk Buster which briefly contended with WWH. If I wanna stretch it, I could even say that's solar system level coz WWH withstood magical energy measured as 100 times stronger than Hercules' most powerful blows. That would be an outlier.

But based on consistency, yep Iron Man is multi mountain to just below a normal country level at best. Iron Man has made Sentry bleed from his punches, one-shotted a version of She-Hulk which was nearing base Hulk levels of power, destroyed a Mount Everest sized mountain by flying into it, casually vaporized mountains, scattered the momentum of a Tsunami, cancelled out and matched the force of an Earthquake, one-shotted Thor villains, etc. Half of these things I just mentioned are from Extremis and Bleeding Edge armour.

To add to this, Iron Man keeps his repulsor blasts way less than 100% for the most part to avoid killing. But his repulsor blasts alone at 100% power are at the very least multi mountain level.

Jay_F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kell_saloks: No, the fact that he has consistently one shotted and defeated characters with mountain & multi mountain level durability is what puts him at over multi mountain level. His durability, however, is a lot higher than that. You mentioned him tanking nukes but you missed the detail that he tanked those nukes at only 2% power.

NWName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_f: None of those characters are consistently mountain level.

That's not just stretching it. Its flat out illogical wanking to call that solar system level. In the WWH story Hylk was said to be stronger than ever due to surviving a blast that took a city sized chunk out of the moon and Hulk was taking damage from lower output of the same attack. And him shaking a continent was seen as just too much power to have. Its pretty clear Hulk is not meant to be considerably above city level in that story and neither are anyone he fought and any attack he survived pre-WB. Marvel high tiers have planetoid/moon busting feats at best how is Hercules x 100 Solar system level?

Ill try to look at those feats.

The nuke surviving is building level to city block level at best. Read post #18

Jay_F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jay_F

@nwname: Let me get this straight, you're saying Sentry and Hulk are way less than mountain level and a nuke is only building level ?

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m comfortable with calling Iron Man a walking nuke. I don’t know if he can straight blow up a whole mountain though, let alone anything crazy like continental.

TheHercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By TheHercules

By feats, around Multi-Mountain, but I honestly can see him bursting a Island!

Jay_F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jay_F

@the_hajduk said:

I’m comfortable with calling Iron Man a walking nuke. I don’t know if he can straight blow up a whole mountain though, let alone anything crazy like continental.

He has already done that, just from his punches in fact.

Jay_F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By feats, around Multi-Mountain, but I honestly can see him bursting a Country!

Pretty much this /\

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immoralimmortal: Probably but he can definitely hang and potentially beat them. He’s got the durability and versatility to last.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwname: Lmao at him only being city block or building level. Give me a break. The guy massively holds back his power and isn’t going to regularly bust cities even though he could.

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@nwname: You're so way off that's not even funny. Green Scar withstood a scream from Skrull BB that broke chunks off the moon -- one such chunk was as big as Rhode Island. No idea where you got city level from. But that's not why he is considered to be one of the strongest forms.

He didnt just shake the continent -- he was about to sink the entire Eastern Seaboard by walking. He was this close to destroying the planet by going WB. Of course that would be too much power to have.

Calling IM building level or WWH city level is laughable. Collateral damage? That's your arguement? It's almost like writers and artists don't consider it or mean anything by it, unless its a plot point...

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TakenStew22  Online

I would've chose island level because I saw a scan from @noone1996 that showed classic Iron Man causing an earthquake across one by flying into the ground but since it's not there I'll chose country level.

NWName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NWName
@brucerogers said:

@nwname: You're so way off that's not even funny. Green Scar withstood a scream from Skrull BB that broke chunks off the moon -- one such chunk was as big as Rhode Island. No idea where you got city level from. But that's not why he is considered to be one of the strongest forms.

He didnt just shake the continent -- he was about to sink the entire Eastern Seaboard by walking. He was this close to destroying the planet by going WB. Of course that would be too much power to have.

Calling IM building level or WWH city level is laughable. Collateral damage? That's your arguement? It's almost like writers and artists don't consider it or mean anything by it, unless its a plot point...

My bad. I remembered that part wrong. Thats actually a small country level energy durability feat.

No Caption Provided

Like you can see here Iron Man talks about the damage BB caused and that Hulk Survived and how he has never been this angry.

Sinking 1 million km^2 by like 1000 meters (which would kill everyone in the area and seems like a reealy high ball) takes dozens of teratons. The feat can be small country level with lower sinking. And how is that in any way close to the same dozen orders of magnitude as solar system level? Anyway these are mostly irrelevant to the debate here.

You are the first one to bring up collateral damage.

Its almost like writers don't think about power scaling implications between literal 1000s of stories. Official levels put by Marvel editors fall far below the wanked levels seen on comicvine. A mid-tier with same official durability rating as Iron Man (still i admit a 6 rating includes wide range of durability, but my ppoint is how much characters are wanked above their official levels due to high ends and scaling from decade old comics), Colossus, officially has building level durability. And some editor flat out said a character beating another means nothing.

TheHolyFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheHolyFish

City-Mountain level.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Mountain for sure, as earlier versions of armor able to accomplish this (such as Silver Centurion Armor did in Avengers Annual #16, 1987) and they are way below Bleeding Edge.

But as far as I'm aware, Country level is a bit too much. But i could be wrong, I'm not 100% sure on all feats and capabilities for Bleeding Edge.

CJg4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AbstractRaze

I voted country level.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_f: Scans or it didn’t happen

Jay_F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jay_F

@the_hajduk:

Destroying a mountain with his punches -

No Caption Provided

Destroying a mountain just from his repulsor blasts -

No Caption Provided
Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Planet...with prep.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TakenStew22  Online

Lol at the people who voted building or city level.

Kirkseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say large city or mountain level.

Country level seems to be a little out of range.

MrTrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any real notion of consistency means every character above street tier in comics wouldn't even qualify for building level since 90+% of their attacks cause little to no collateral damage.

The answer to every single one of these threads is plot level, stop bullshitting yourself into believing any different.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TakenStew22  Online

@mrtrey said:

Any real notion of consistency means every character above street tier in comics wouldn't even qualify for building level since 90+% of their attacks cause little to no collateral damage.

The answer to every single one of these threads is plot level, stop bullshitting yourself into believing any different.

We get it. You hate comics.

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BruceRogers

@nwname: Hulk survived SkrullBolt's scream, which did that to the moon indirectly. Food for thought.

Hulk, WB included, is obviously not solar system level, but he did more than simply shake a continent. The second time he nearly went WB in Vegas, he almost destroyed the American continent on accident. He was still holding back and didn't cut loose until Heart of The Monster.

I mean, yeah people take scaling a bit too far (speed being one of the worst offenders) and I agree quantifiable feats trump them all, but you are kidding yourself if you think they do not matter at all. Characters get compared to one another all the time, especially when they are used as a stepping stone for another character to show us how good they are. Hell, the whole purpose of Marvel's official strength scale is to compare different characters in relation to one another.

But of course, a writer may choose to ignore all of it just to tell a good story. I think that's where that editor is coming from. That's not exclusive to Marvel either. Although good writers can strike a balance.

And seriously, Colossus is building level why exactly?

Bearderby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Bearderby

Island Bust

NWName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: If you call not 100% of it as indirect sure but Hulls body is not big enough to block all of it. Id say around 20% of it hits the moon and 30-40% hits Hulk but we did not see the angle so idk.

I know WB is strong. Infact he one shotted a planet. What im talking about is the relation of his country sinking feat to other character's power levels as it is far above the normal high tiers.

No its not to compare to each other. It flat out gives levels of strength in units of tons. If a character is a stated to be in 75 to 100 ton class that is what it means. Otherwise why even give exact units and make on panel references to the strength scale?

According to the official guidebook a-z he can survive 450 lbs of tnt and a decent speed truck crash. Its given in clear cut numbers and i think his showings above or below this level are meant to be outliers.

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwname: Uh, what? The strength classes are used to measure character strength relative to one another and are not mean to be taken literally. Their words, not mine. For instance, Namor is around class 100 but can effortlessly lifted ships and submarines. The same applies to Wonder Man -- he has held up 75,000 tons and done much more.

Which official guidebook is that?

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Small house level

NWName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: Uhh.. what? I never saw such a claim from a guidebook or marvels official website. I think that info only exists on fan edited marvel wiki and that specific sentence of "strictly for comparison only" came from an admin of vsbattles wiki (Antvasima), likely added to get rid of cognitive dissonance caused by his website having the characters placed trillion times higher than their official levels. The stremgth scale literally specifies "can lift that much overhead in optimal conditions" and gives very specific levels like "can lift 800 lbs, 25 tons etc.)

Class 100 is the only exception since its the highest there is in Marvel and used for any level above 100 tons too. I mever saw him lift 75 000 tons tho. The best i saw was him lifting a small submarine and he definitely has a bunch of sub 100 ton anti feats too.

Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z Vol 1 2

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@cjg4z said:

@cosmicallyaware1: What about Endo serum suit ?

You know the white and blue one ?

Eh, I think I remember that one. Only vaguely though. At that time I believe I was into stuff like re-reading Planetary, early Authority, and The Boys.