Who wins and why?

Oreoghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Oreoghoul

Spidey. I don't think Wesker could put him down for good as I don't recall Wesker doing anything striking-wise on this level

No Caption Provided

And Pete was pretty fine after that. Wesker might edge him out in speed, but Spidey still has some solid showings to keep up imo.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Wesker. Spidey can't put him down, plus I'm sure he couldn't survive having a hand stuck through his chest.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wesker

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey

SLiMmcl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wesker. His speed should help him dodge webbing i believe.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 juiceboks  Moderator

Speed feats for Peter?

Oreoghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speed feats for Peter?

Your comment made me realize no ones made any gifs for his feats yet so I made a few :p these are just off the top of my head though so there are probably more. Peter in this game is super agile.

May contain spoilers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@blackspidey2099@webinyoureye11@g2_@jashro44 Spidey experts (and anyone else I'm forgetting, sorry it's late :p) I think these are his best speed feats, anything else you can remember that was impressive?

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wesker because he's durable enough to take hits and is faster.

Spidey. I don't think Wesker could put him down for good as I don't recall Wesker doing anything striking-wise on this level

No Caption Provided

And Pete was pretty fine after that. Wesker might edge him out in speed, but Spidey still has some solid showings to keep up imo.

Wesker has guns, he doesn't need to punch him out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wesker. Much faster & more durable as well.

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Wesker after a good fight due to speed and regen.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackWizzard17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94: so does every other mob of enemies trying to kill spider man, but that doesn't turn out great for them does it?

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94: so does every other mob of enemies trying to kill spider man, but that doesn't turn out great for them does it?

Please tell me you're joking, are you comparing fodder gangsters to Albert Wesker?

theyoungwolf1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackWizzard17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BlackWizzard17

@jay_z94: Are you saying weskers bullets can shoot faster than gangsters bullets? Weapons are useless on someone who can dodge them with ease not to mention his spider sense to help if chris can dodge and hit wesker spider man can indefinitely.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman. Wesker's speed advantage is pretty much evened out by Spidey's precog.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4
deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider man wins, he is veey strong, has lots of gadgets, and is easily a bullet timer

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwizzard17 said:

@jay_z94: Are you saying weskers bullets can shoot faster than gangsters bullets? Weapons are useless on someone who can dodge them with ease not to mention his spider sense to help if chris can dodge and hit wesker spider man can indefinitely.

Wesker, who is faster than Spider-Man, is going to easily tag him with a gun.

He can literally get right up in Peter's face and shoot him point blank. When Peter dodges, he can just keep shooting in the direction that Peter is dodging. Or he could just literally just shoot bullets at and around Spider-Man, meaning he'd have no place to dodge.

Wesker was toying with Chris, that's a horrible argument.

DeChefMan98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

50/50 battle IMO, I believe Spidey gear with give him the edge

Oreoghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:

@oreoghoul said:

How is he tagging Spidey? Fastest person he's shot?

BlackWizzard17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BlackWizzard17

@jay_z94: nope nope nope. You're underestimating spiderman speed. His spider sense and reflexes give him an overwhelming advantage. Spider also has a power advantage and can web him down enough to get some hits in.

Scenario. Wesker runs on spiderman gun to him, spiderman jumps and webs the gun from his hand and it becomes a h2h. Let it be know spiderman can take his hits and give them back even stronger.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Hajduk  Online

@oreoghoul: Peter has a lot of blunt force resistance. The way Shocker’s suit works is that even though he moves slow and punches like a brute, he emits a huge vibration shockwave that pretty much explodes on impact. Huge smashing power, but Wesker is very different. He has a combination of physical strength, speed, and Kung Fu moves that have a lot of penetrative power. He went through Spencer in one strike and can get through Chris and Sheva if they aren’t fast enough. A few Wesker strikes might start cracking Peter’s ribs.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oreoghoul: Peter has a lot of blunt force resistance. The way Shocker’s suit works is that even though he moves slow and punches like a brute, he emits a huge vibration shockwave that pretty much explodes on impact. Huge smashing power, but Wesker is very different. He has a combination of physical strength, speed, and Kung Fu moves that have a lot of penetrative power. He went through Spencer in one strike and can get through Chris and Sheva if they aren’t fast enough. A few Wesker strikes might start cracking Peter’s ribs.

I don't think that is how martial arts works....Just because Wesker punched through them with a karate chop doesn't mean its like a knife. Also another durability feat for spider-man:

No Caption Provided

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oreoghoul: Could you make / post gifs of some of Spider-man's strength feats please? For instance his actions to stop the falling crane / helicopter?

For durability, what do you think is his strongest feat in that regard?

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94: nope nope nope. You're underestimating spiderman speed. His spider sense and reflexes give him an overwhelming advantage. Spider also has a power advantage and can web him down enough to get some hits in.

Scenario. Wesker runs on spiderman gun to him, spiderman jumps and webs the gun from his hand and it becomes a h2h. Let it be know spiderman can take his hits and give them back even stronger.

Wesker is definitely faster than Peter by a fair margin. He was evading bullets casually after they were fired and could move so fast that it looks like he's teleporting. Wesker can literally run circles around Peter while shooting. When Peter dodges one bullet, Wesker can easily fire off another one in the direction that Spider-Man has evaded.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Hajduk  Online

@jashro44: That’s not how martial arts works in real life, but it’s an attribute of Resident Evil. Wesker punches and kicks Chris many times but only a few, specific types of strikes penetrate. They one shot him but normal punches Chris can soak up. I’m imagining something similar with Peter. It’s consistent that way in RE5 cutscenes, gameplay, Mercenaries 3D where you can play as Wesker, and only those certain strikes penetrate. The fact that Jake uses Wesker’s fighting style without the penetrating techniques tells me that it’s an attribute of Wesker’s superhuman speed fighting style.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:

Wesker is faster than Spider-Man and can shoot in the direction that Peter evades the initial shot.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wesker

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Or maybe it's because wesker toys with Chris and he penetrates because wesker just goes all out with that punch? I think you would need some type of statement or explanation to argue weskers karate chop is a penetration based attack.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Hajduk  Online

@jashro44: But it happens in the same scene. Wesker’s stab move can one shot Chris right in the beginning of the battle if the player fails the QTE, but right after that Chris takes many punches and kicks in the cutscene. This scene Wesker was definitely trying to kill Chris. There’s a distinction drawn if you play the game, they show and don’t tell.

Oreoghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Oreoghoul

@waking_dreamer said:

@oreoghoul: Could you make / post gifs of some of Spider-man's strength feats please? For instance his actions to stop the falling crane / helicopter?

For durability, what do you think is his strongest feat in that regard?

I will as soon as I get the chance.

Durability-wise, off the top of my head

The vault-busting punch he took from Shocker, the hits he took from Mr. Negative on several occasions, fighting after the Sinister Six encounter in which he had, IIRC, 12 bones broken, a resistance-feat when he resisted Mr. Negative's powers that casually caused an adult man to commit suicide, and probably a bunch more I'm forgetting. I'll look into some more

@the_hajduk said:

@jashro44: That’s not how martial arts works in real life, but it’s an attribute of Resident Evil. Wesker punches and kicks Chris many times but only a few, specific types of strikes penetrate. They one shot him but normal punches Chris can soak up. I’m imagining something similar with Peter. It’s consistent that way in RE5 cutscenes, gameplay, Mercenaries 3D where you can play as Wesker, and only those certain strikes penetrate. The fact that Jake uses Wesker’s fighting style without the penetrating techniques tells me that it’s an attribute of Wesker’s superhuman speed fighting style.

And what's his strongest feat with his strike penetrations? Feats to back up it could work on someone as durable as Spidey?

@jay_z94 said:
@oreoghoul said:
@jay_z94 said:

Wesker is faster than Spider-Man and can shoot in the direction that Peter evades the initial shot.

Barely faster and Spidey has better reaction times due to his Spider-Sense. and from a quick search, even Chris (a peak human) was able to dodge

No Caption Provided

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 The_Hajduk  Online

@oreoghoul: Wesker wasn’t fighting Chris like a soldier with full gear. He was toying around a lot, but in the other games we see Wesker get serious and run n’ gun his way through hordes of BioOrganic Weapons. He fought two Tyrants at once and they were shooting missiles at him so he shot down the missiles with just a handgun. He is proficient using fully automatic weapons, ridiculous handcannons, rockets, whatever the situation and the opponent calls for.

Oreoghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oreoghoul: Wesker wasn’t fighting Chris like a soldier with full gear. He was toying around a lot

Is it In-Character for Wesker to toy around a lot or was that just kinda a PIS thing?

but in the other games we see Wesker get serious and run n’ gun his way through hordes of BioOrganic Weapons. He fought two Tyrants at once and they were shooting missiles at him so he shot down the missiles with just a handgun

Impressive but speed-wise Spidey can match that. He can dodge missiles and even web throw them back at enemies.

He is proficient using fully automatic weapons, ridiculous handcannons, rockets, whatever the situation and the opponent calls for.

None of those can tag Spidey. Even if Wesker's good with them, as far as I'm aware he doesn't have feats tagging someone that's as fast as Spidey. And like I posted above, even a peak human could dodge his shots.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barely faster and Spidey has better reaction times due to his Spider-Sense. and from a quick search, even Chris (a peak human) was able to dodge

No Caption Provided

My god the arguments....That one gif means nothing.

Wesker was toying with him. In other scenes he's straight up blitzed the crap out of Chris who was helpless.

Wesker isn't just going to stand in the same spot and shoot once against Spider-Man, he does that in the game to actually give the player (Chris) a freaking chance.

Plot and gameplay mechanics aren't going to save Spider-Man here. Wesker is going to blitz him with FTE speed and shoot multiple bullets at where Spider-Man is dodging until he hits him.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 The_Hajduk  Online

@oreoghoul: Well Albert and Chris have a relationship. He toys with Chris because he hates him personally, but he’s all business the rest of the time. Even in the famous cutscenes of him fighting Chris and Jill and fighting Chris and Sheva, he oneshots Jill and Sheva both times. It’s only Chris that he wants to savor.

Oreoghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Oreoghoul

@jay_z94 said:
@oreoghoul said:

Wesker shot at chris, regardless of his intention, and chris was still able to dodge it, no?

@jay_z94 said:

Wesker was toying with him. In other scenes he's straight up blitzed the crap out of Chris who was helpless.

And why didn't he blitz and kill him like you think he'll do to Spidey?

@jay_z94 said:

Wesker isn't just going to stand in the same spot and shoot once against Spider-Man, he does that in the game to actually give the player (Chris) a freaking chance.

Ok cool and Spidey isn't gonna stand around either and let Wesker shoot him

@jay_z94 said:

Plot and gameplay mechanics aren't going to save Spider-Man here. Wesker is going to blitz him with FTE speed and shoot multiple bullets at where Spider-Man is dodging until he hits him.

1. Show me him doing that to someone with Spidey's level of speed

2. Show me him successfully tagging someone with Spidey's level of speed and precog

EDIT: He didn't blitz and kill Chris because their personal ties as @the_hajduk said. Forget that part

Oreoghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oreoghoul: Well Albert and Chris have a relationship. He toys with Chris because he hates him personally, but he’s all business the rest of the time. Even in the famous cutscenes of him fighting Chris and Jill and fighting Chris and Sheva, he oneshots Jill and Sheva both times. It’s only Chris that he wants to savor.

Thanks for the info. Been a long time since I've played RE5 haha.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Wesker.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:

Wesker shot at chris, regardless of his intention, and chris was still able to dodge it, no?

Chris can aim-dodge 1 bullet, congratulations. Did I ever say that Spider-Man wouldn't be able to dodge one bullet? If you read my arguments, I say that he would dodge the initial bullet.

@jay_z94 said:

And why didn't he blitz and kill him like you think he'll do to Spidey?

Because he was toying with Chris and because of plot. His dominance was shown very clearly on in the game. If Wesker kills Chris then the game is over.

Wesker has no reason to not kill Spider-Man because plot isn't involved here.

@jay_z94 said:

Ok cool and Spidey isn't gonna stand around either and let Wesker shoot him

Absolutely, Spider-Man will definitely try here. But If someone is faster than you, try all you like, they are still faster than you.

@jay_z94 said:

Show me Spider-Man keeping up with someone who casually bullet times and is fast enough to seem like he's teleporting.

2. Show me him successfully tagging someone with Spidey's level of speed and precog

Again, show me Spider-Man moving or even reacting to anyone remotely as fast as Wesker.

These types of "show me" arguments go both ways, but most importantly they simply don't work here because Wesker is objectively faster than Spider-Man.

EDIT: He didn't blitz and kill Chris because their personal ties as @the_hajduk said. Forget that part

Fair enough, that ties into plot then.

Abezethibou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wesker rips his spine

Deathstroke_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wesker ftw

Oreoghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:
@oreoghoul said:
@jay_z94 said:

Chris can aim-dodge 1 bullet, congratulations. Did I ever say that Spider-Man wouldn't be able to dodge one bullet? If you read my arguments, I say that he would dodge the initial bullet.

And he'll dodge any bullets afterwards off feats

@jay_z94 said:

Because he was toying with Chris and because of plot. His dominance was shown very clearly on in the game. If Wesker kills Chris then the game is over.

Wesker has no reason to not kill Spider-Man because plot isn't involved here.

True

@jay_z94 said:

But If someone is faster than you, try all you like, they are still faster than you.

You haven't shown anything that makes me think he would tag Peter whether it be guns or physical strikes.

@jay_z94 said:
@oreoghoul said:

Show me Spider-Man keeping up with someone who casually bullet times and is fast enough to seem like he's teleporting.

Again, show me Spider-Man moving or even reacting to anyone remotely as fast as Wesker.

Ok cool so you can't show me him tagging someone's on Spidey's level of speed, but you want me to show you when I asked you first? lol

He could keep up with Electro and tag him. Electro was on the verge of becoming actual, pure energy. and during the chase sequence was zipping around in an electrical form that Spidey tagged and caught up with.

No Caption Provided

He was also able to keep up with both him and Vulture at the same time, and subdue both.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:
@oreoghoul said:
@jay_z94 said:

And he'll dodge any bullets afterwards off feats

How, when Wesker will just shoot straight after Spider-Man commits to dodging in one direction, Wesker is more than fast enough to do that.

@jay_z94 said:

But If someone is faster than you, try all you like, they are still faster than you.

You haven't shown anything that makes me think he would tag Peter whether it be guns or physical strikes.

Here:

Looks like he is teleporting: https://gfycat.com/QueasyBrilliantJaguar

This is Wesker toying around after he has just been weakened by a serum: https://gfycat.com/SnappyTenderBuck

Wesker is no doubt faster than Spider-Man. Wesker going all out with a handgun means a dead Spider-Man.

@jay_z94 said:
@oreoghoul said:

Ok cool so you can't show me him tagging someone's on Spidey's level of speed, but you want me to show you when I asked you first? lol

As I said, it goes both ways but Wesker is objectively faster.

He could keep up with Electro and tag him. Electro was on the verge of becoming actual, pure energy. and during the chase sequence was zipping around in an electrical form that Spidey tagged and caught up with.

No Caption Provided

He was also able to keep up with both him and Vulture at the same time, and subdue both.

Electro zipping around equated to just slower than Spider-Man web slinging because he was zipping then stopping. Was Electro or Vulture moving FTE when he tagged them?

Avatar image for deactivated-6081fb94189dc
deactivated-6081fb94189dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter wins.

Wesker may be faster, but most of his speed seems to be limited to shorts Flash step, which Peter can avoid with his spider sense.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jay_z94

@camilopezo said:

Peter wins.

Wesker may be faster, but most of his speed seems to be limited to shorts Flash step, which Peter can avoid with his spider sense.

I don't see how peter is going to evade a combination of FTE movement + bullets.