Standard Equipment for both sides

Both are in character

No knowledge/prep for both sides

#3 Posted by Tantani (2945 posts) - - Show Bio

If he has his armor on, spicy win easily

If not, can go etheir way

#4 Edited by Old_Blighty (850 posts) - - Show Bio
@thewatcherking said:

Spider-Man, Weiss will need better durability fears for her to be able to win this.

A lot better; I think he could also take her out with webbing (he could also use webs to yank her sword out of her hands).

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab47f6017f34
#5 Posted by deactivated-5ab47f6017f34 (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, that certain picture of Weiss is giving me Vietnam flashbacks...

#6 Posted by Old_Blighty (850 posts) - - Show Bio

@shade555 said:

Ugh, that certain picture of Weiss is giving me Vietnam flashbacks...

You can't make jokes about Vietnam. Why? BECAUSE YOU WEREN'T THERE MAN, YOU WEREN'T THERE!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab47f6017f34
#7 Posted by deactivated-5ab47f6017f34 (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

@old_blighty: Maybe i'm immortal, because let's face it, i'm gonna have to be immortal to wait for a certain post. It's... a necessity for my comicvine experience. As time eats away at your life, you'll realize that even the smallest things can mean alot.

#8 Edited by kotetsu454 (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

Weiss takes a hit from this guy...

Who in the manga version is stated to be as strong as an Atlesian Paladin....

Which is responsible for this feat you've seen a million times if you frequently debate RWBY....

Is this enough to take a hit from Spiderman? Maybe one? Honestly I don't know. Just gonna leave those 3 links there and let everyone else decide. My personal belief is that it comes down to whether Spidey webs her or Weiss freezes him first.

#10 Posted by Jueix (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#12 Posted by Novawing (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Weiss cus she a qt

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#13 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18101 posts) - - Show Bio

@kotetsu454: Scaling needs to be consistent to be considered. But I would say that Spidey is as strong as that mech when he lets loose and Yang looked like she is down from that hit, so Spidey wins.

#14 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18964 posts) - - Show Bio

@kotetsu454: Scaling needs to be consistent to be considered. But I would say that Spidey is as strong as that mech when he lets loose and Yang looked like she is down from that hit, so Spidey wins.

Yang literally got back up seconds later and one shotted the mech.

#15 Posted by kotetsu454 (1086 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by Major_Hellstrom (18101 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_hellstorm said:

For some reason I didn't get tagged. Huh. Anyway, from the GIF it did not look that way, obviously I didn't see the whole episode.

@king_hellstorm:I mean if we really wanna go there, how many times does taking a hit like that need to happen for it to be considered consistent?

https://youtu.be/n6nL6i5jOaY?t=102 Smashed through stone pillar (admitably down for the count for a bit, but not dead).

https://youtu.be/pT1XiUbJu_Y?t=191 Taking a hit from another giant Mech suit. (get's back up a few seconds later)

The first one is a way better feat then the one you showed. I mean, I am pretty sure that was a sonic boom that happened before the hit and Spidey does not hit that hard. Although if Weiss took a mech hit directly, why were you using scaling in the first place?

#17 Edited by kotetsu454 (1086 posts) - - Show Bio
@king_hellstorm said:
@kotetsu454 said:

@king_hellstorm:I mean if we really wanna go there, how many times does taking a hit like that need to happen for it to be considered consistent?

https://youtu.be/n6nL6i5jOaY?t=102 Smashed through stone pillar (admitably down for the count for a bit, but not dead).

https://youtu.be/pT1XiUbJu_Y?t=191 Taking a hit from another giant Mech suit. (get's back up a few seconds later)

The first one is a way better feat then the one you showed. I mean, I am pretty sure that was a sonic boom that happened before the hit and Spidey does not hit that hard. Although if Weiss took a mech hit directly, why were you using scaling in the first place?

Eh... because that part in the context of the show wasn't really a highlighted moment. I kinda forgot and only remembered while skimming a reddit respect thread just now.

#18 Edited by Chimeroid (9274 posts) - - Show Bio

Weiss stomps ... dafuq ppl. She is faster, more versatile and has better ranged capabilities

#19 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18964 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking said:
@king_hellstorm said:

For some reason I didn't get tagged. Huh. Anyway, from the GIF it did not look that way, obviously I didn't see the whole episode.

It did not look that way because it only showed Yang getting hit

https://streamable.com/0awah

Weiss stomps ... dafuq ppl. She is faster, more versatile and has better ranged capabilities

What feat in particular makes you think she is faster?

#20 Posted by Chimeroid (9274 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking: For full disclosure, i did not watch RWBY, what i know i know from CaVs i have read. Now, with that out of the way:

Loading Video...

She also has other, incredible, speed feats. She was shown to be able to move as fast as a sniper round.

#21 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18101 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid said:

@thewatcherking: For full disclosure, i did not watch RWBY, what i know i know from CaVs i have read. Now, with that out of the way:

She also has other, incredible, speed feats. She was shown to be able to move as fast as a sniper round.

Lol. You can't rely on CaVs for truth. Although that clip is really convincing IMO.

#22 Posted by Chimeroid (9274 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_hellstorm: I know, and i usually don't however, there are some users i find to be truthful. Also, the clip seems to be straight forward enough.

#23 Posted by CartoonLife (800 posts) - - Show Bio

In a thread I made, someone said Raven would solo 100 black suit spidermans. I don't see Raven winning to 100 Weiss Schnees. Verdict: Spiderman dies. Also it's worth noting that Spiderman has more morals then her. She was willing to impale Hazel from behind. In character Spidey wouldn't impale a fool.

#24 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18964 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: i forgot about that feat, i'd back weiss now.

#25 Posted by Jueix (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
#26 Edited by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

RWBY sucks. So Spidey.

#27 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18964 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2 said:

RWBY sucks. So Spidey.

Really?

Yes. I tried finishing volume 1, I just couldn't do it. It was all the bad anime I hate, plus the worst animation humanly possible . . .

#29 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18964 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking said:
@jardinain2 said:

RWBY sucks. So Spidey.

Really?

Yes. I tried finishing volume 1, I just couldn't do it. It was all the bad anime I hate, plus the worst animation humanly possible . . .

I can understand the animation criticism(although personally it never bothered me and has gotten better) but other than that what specifically was bad about it?

#30 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2 said:
@thewatcherking said:
@jardinain2 said:

RWBY sucks. So Spidey.

Really?

I can understand the animation criticism(although personally it never bothered me and has gotten better) but other than that what specifically was bad about it?

Annoying af characters. It was very cliche and I didn't feel any connection at all. It felt rather dry, I got to like, episode 13-14 and I didn't even see the need for a lot of the starter stuff. It seemed like anime filler, but everywhere. The jokes were poor on occasion. (I mean, it still had plenty of LOL moments, but the bad jokes realllly stood out)

#34 Posted by Jueix (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#35 Posted by SMXLR8 (7002 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2: to be fair the most generic comment about hate is say it's cliche , you could have tried to be more original and creative in your judgement

Avatar image for tanakaclinkenbeard
#36 Posted by TanakaClinkenbeard (793 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Peter due to being smarter and stronger.

#37 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18964 posts) - - Show Bio

Weiss stomps. Spider-Man is stronger sure, but he can't deal with someone who has a weapon that can one shot him,time dilation, superior speed,gravity dust,ice dust,fire dust, wind dust, summons, ect. Weiss is too versatile to lose.

#39 Posted by Chaos239 (5081 posts) - - Show Bio

Weiss stomps. Spider-Man is stronger sure, but he can't deal with someone who has a weapon that can one shot him,time dilation, superior speed,gravity dust,ice dust,fire dust, wind dust, summons, ect. Weiss is too versatile to lose.

This ^

Best RWBY girl wins

#40 Edited by TanakaClinkenbeard (793 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking said:

He can deal with this. And how is the weapon going to one-shot him? Haven't watch RWBY yet.

#41 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18964 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking said:

He can deal with this. And how is the weapon going to one-shot him? Haven't watch RWBY yet.

He can't. Weiss' weapon(Myrtenaster) is a sword, and Spider-Man is not capable of surviving a sword through his chest.

And how is he dealing with her gravity dust? She could use her gravity dust then incap Spider-Man with ice dust

No Caption Provided

which should by her enough time to kill him.

How is he going to stop her from blitzing him? She is already faster due to feats like this

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

but to make things worse she can use her time dilation to make herself even faster.

No Caption Provided

Then you have to consider the fact that she could use her glyphs to restrain him, abuse things like fire or wind dust, and summons. She has too much going for her, and I know you will show a lot outlier feats for Spider-Man to say that's not the case but it really is.

#42 Posted by TanakaClinkenbeard (793 posts) - - Show Bio

@tanakaclinkenbeard said:
@thewatcherking said:

He can't. Weiss' weapon(Myrtenaster) is a sword, and Spider-Man is not capable of surviving a sword through his chest.

And how is he dealing with her gravity dust? She could use her gravity dust then incap Spider-Man with ice dust

No Caption Provided

which should by her enough time to kill him.

Cool. How strong were the guys being held by it? What's stopping Pete from breaking out of it?

How is he going to stop her from blitzing him? She is already faster due to feats like this

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Can't see feats above.

but to make things worse she can use her time dilation to make herself even faster.

That's nice. Spider-Man dodges a lightning blast after it is fired (Amazing Spider-Man 198)

Spider-Man dodges an electrical barrage from Electro while sick and hurt (Amazing Spider-Man 425)

Spider-Man dodges a sniper bullet moving at 4000 feet per second (Amazing Spider-Man 637)

Spider-Man easily dodges Bullseye's attacks (Peter Parker: Spider-Man 6)

Spider-Man moves across town in seconds (Amazing Spider-Man 181)

Spider-Man escapes a giant explosion that totaled over a square block by moving from it's epi-center to outside it's blast radius, effectively out-running it (Amazing Spider-Man 270)

No Caption Provided

Then you have to consider the fact that she could use her glyphs to restrain him, abuse things like fire or wind dust, and summons. She has too much going for her, and I know you will show a lot outlier feats for Spider-Man to say that's not the case but it really is.

Outliers when he has done it more than once. Ok.

#43 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6380 posts) - - Show Bio

This entirely depends on whether or not Spider-Man is fast enough to get Myrtenaster away from her, or interrupt her summoning, which he can. He's also fast enough to keep up with what we've seen, even with her glyphs-that she needs to take a few seconds to prepare.

Weiss' main disadvantage is the few seconds she needs to prep her speed and she's too reliant on her weapon. Spider-Man's signature attack is to rip somebody's weapon from their hands with his webbing. Even if he can't do that, his speed mixed with his spider sense should be enough to contend with her, durability too.

#44 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18964 posts) - - Show Bio

@tanakaclinkenbeard: Of course you used outliers, funny though I didn't ask for feats yet you act like randomly posting links will prove a point.

Spider-Man dodges a lightning blast after it is fired (Amazing Spider-Man 198)

Spider-Man dodges an electrical barrage from Electro while sick and hurt (Amazing Spider-Man 425)

Spider-Man aim dodges electricity, and has gotten blitzed by people no where near lightning speed before.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

To act like Spider-Man is a lightning timer is straight up wank.

Spider-Man dodges a sniper bullet moving at 4000 feet per second (Amazing Spider-Man 637)

Not impressive, Weiss has been shown deflecting bullets that were moving at comparable speeds to Ruby's sniper bullet.

Not impressive, seriously I am trying not to be rude but debating you is like debating a wall, except a wall won't just randomly lists useless feats for the character it likes.

Spider-Man escapes a giant explosion that totaled over a square block by moving from it's epi-center to outside it's blast radius, effectively out-running it (Amazing Spider-Man 270)

Cool, what totally useless and unimpressive feats.

Ever heard of PIS?

You have shown nothing that says he is faster than Weiss(because he isn't) and with time dilation there is no argument of who is faster.

#45 Posted by sladerulez (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

This is... Actually a very close call.

Weiss is more versatile and can cause greater damage, But spidey's reaction time and experience puts him in a safe zone.

Depends on who gets who first

#46 Posted by TanakaClinkenbeard (793 posts) - - Show Bio

@tanakaclinkenbeard: Of course you used outliers, funny though I didn't ask for feats yet you act like randomly posting links will prove a point.

Jesus Christ. Is anything you disagree with outlier? And it really doesn't matter if you asked or not. If I want to support my argument I have to post feats that back up my statement.

Spider-Man dodges a lightning blast after it is fired (Amazing Spider-Man 198)

Spider-Man aim dodges electricity , and has gotten blitzed by people no where near lightning speed before.

To quote what you said earlier, Ever heard of PIS? And how do you aim doge electricity?

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

To act like Spider-Man is a lightning timer is straight up wank.

Even when he clearly is and has dodge lighting more than once time? Even freaking movie ASM can dodge electricity!

Not impressive, Weiss has been shown deflecting bullets that were moving at comparable speeds to Ruby's sniper bullet.

This tells me nothing because I don't know how fast Ruby bullets are.

Not impressive, seriously I am trying not to be rude but debating you is like debating a wall, except a wall won't just randomly lists useless feats for the character it likes.

Feel like I'm talking to a brick wall that tells me the feats I show are unless without giving me a reason why just because.

Cool, what totally useless and unimpressive feats.

Outrunning an explosion is unless and unimpressive? Ok. Be nice to know why.

Ever heard of PIS?

Yeah. Because I'm not posting feats like Peter beating Firelord. Do you know about it?

You have shown nothing that says he is faster than Weiss(because he isn't) and with time dilation there is no argument of who is faster.

Haven't really shown me anything either dude. You keep telling me that it unimpressive but I would like to know why.

By the way:

No Caption Provided

Don't see how this is aim dodging when it has a spread. He got hit but he was fighting Black Cat as well.

#47 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18964 posts) - - Show Bio

@tanakaclinkenbeard:

Jesus Christ. Is anything you disagree with outlier?

I agree that consistent feats are not outlier,it's pretty unreasonable I know.

Even when he clearly is and has dodge lighting more than once time? Even freaking movie ASM can dodge electricity!

Aim dodge, he legit has precognition that allows him to move out of the way of an attack BEFORE it actually happens. And electro in the movie has shown nothing to prove that his electricity moves at the actual speed of lightning.

I said it's a sniper bullet, sniper bullets move at 3400 ft. per second which is a little above mach 3.

Feel like I'm talking to a brick wall that tells me the feats I show are unless without giving me a reason why just because.

How clever.

I didn't look at the scan, and was thinking of a different showing. That is the same comic where Spider-Man beat up Firelord(moments before he does actually) so I don't think I need to tell you what I think of that.

Really, you need to understand that not every feat spider-man has is what he consistently has shown himself capable of doing, and if he can't consistently do it then it's outlier, it's that simple.

Yeah. Because I'm not posting feats like Peter beating Firelord. Do you know about it?

Oh wow, because you don't show ONE outlier moment means everything you DO SHOW is not right?

Haven't really shown me anything either dude.

I did.

You keep telling me that it unimpressive but I would like to know why.

I said they're outlier, and the one that was unimpressive was simply because it's not anything that Weiss can't(and hasn't) easily done.

#48 Posted by TanakaClinkenbeard (793 posts) - - Show Bio

@tanakaclinkenbeard:

Jesus Christ. Is anything you disagree with outlier?

I agree that consistent feats are not outlier,it's pretty unreasonable I know.

So outliers are thing that he done more than once and has shown to be able to again and again? Ok.

Aim dodge, he legit has precognition that allows him to move out of the way of an attack BEFORE it actually happens. And electro in the movie has shown nothing to prove that his electricity moves at the actual speed of lightning.

That's dumb! You still have still have to dodge! And Spider sense warns him that it's it going to happen, not where it's going to land.

I said it's a sniper bullet, sniper bullets move at 3400 ft. per second which is a little above mach 3.

The bullet was moving 4000 ft per second. That's faster. By like 600 ft.

How clever.

Wasn't trying to be, but thanks anyway.

I didn't look at the scan, and was thinking of a different showing. That is the same comic where Spider-Man beat up Firelord(moments before he does actually) so I don't think I need to tell you what I think of that.

Really, you need to understand that not every feat spider-man has is what he consistently has shown himself capable of doing, and if he can't consistently do it then it's outlier, it's that simple.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. It's a good thing that he has shown that he capable of doing this stuff again and again. I've shown you such.

Oh wow, because you don't show ONE outlier moment means everything you DO SHOW is not right?

No. Becuase I don't show other things like him tanking a blast from Thanos with the IG gauntlet or him even staggering him as well.

Haven't really shown me anything either dude.

I did.

You haven't. You showed me a bullet feat that was slower the one Petercdoged. Gained it wasn't much but still faster.

You keep telling me that it unimpressive but I would like to know why.

I said they're outlier, and the one that was unimpressive was simply because it's not anything that Weiss can't(and hasn't) easily done.

At no point did you show me that Weiss could do half this stuff. Much less easier

#49 Edited by TheWatcherKing (18964 posts) - - Show Bio

@tanakaclinkenbeard:

So outliers are thing that he done more than once and has shown to be able to again and again? Ok.

He has also been tagged by electricity plenty of times, don't pretend that he is always dodging electricity easily.A lot of the time he is faster than the shooter(electro) so he is able to avoid being hit.

That's dumb! You still have still have to dodge! And Spider sense warns him that it's it going to happen, not where it's going to land.

His spider sense does tell him what he needs to do, and his spider sense lets him know ahead of time so that he can start moving before the attack has got to him.

Right but we have to keep in mind the weapons of rwby are better than the ones in real life, like the ones in real life aren't going to be sending people like rwby hundreds of ft. into the air with it's recoil, so her bullets would have to have more force behind them(and move much faster of course).

Sarcasm.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. It's a good thing that he has shown that he capable of doing this stuff again and again. I've shown you such.

No he doesn't, he doesn't outrun city block explosions consistently.

No. Becuase I don't show other things like him tanking a blast from Thanos with the IG gauntlet or him even staggering him as well.

The thing is I don't think you read Spider-Man comics, like actual read them. Because if you did you would know that the only time Spider-Man was blasted by thanos with the IG he was already dead, like literally dead. You need to go off more than just scans that you see on respect threads to know what is consistent for him.

And once again, YOU ARE using outliers, simply because you don't use every outlier doesn't make them any less so.

You haven't. You showed me a bullet feat that was slower the one Petercdoged. Gained it wasn't much but still faster.

Not really, and for the record deflecting a bullet> dodging one.

At no point did you show me that Weiss could do half this stuff. Much less easier

I'm done discussing this(I'll let you get the last word since I know you can't stand not having it), because talking with you is a waste of my time. But you haven't shown me anything that is on par with the feats I shown for Weiss.

#50 Posted by TanakaClinkenbeard (793 posts) - - Show Bio

@tanakaclinkenbeard:

He has also been tagged by electricity plenty of times, don't pretend that he is always dodging electricity easily.A lot of the time he is faster than the shooter(electro) so he is able to avoid being hit.

Then he's dodged electricity and you shot yourself in the food when you said that he could.

His spider sense does tell him what he needs to do, and his spider sense lets him know ahead of time so that he can start moving before the attack has got to him.

He still has to move faster than the shooter.

Right but we have to keep in mind the weapons of rwby are better than the ones in real life, like the ones in real life aren't going to be sending people like rwby hundreds of ft. into the air with it's recoil, so her bullets would have to have more force behind them(and move much faster of course).

Ok. Fine. Still Slower then Pete.

Sarcasm.I

I knew you were being sarcastic.

No he doesn't, he doesn't outrun city block explosions consistently.

Why is it you chose this one?

The thing is I don't think you read Spider-Man comics, like actual read them. Because if you did you would know that the only time Spider-Man was blasted by thanos with the IG he was already dead, like literally dead. You need to go off more than just scans that you see on respect threads to know what is consistent for him.

And once again, YOU ARE using outliers, simply because you don't use every outlier doesn't make them any less so.

I do read the comics. I just forgot that he died. And I'm hardly using outlier just because YOU said so.

Not really, and for the record deflecting a bullet> dodging one.

Spider-Man is fast enough to web up travelling bullets (uncited)

He can do it too.

IAt no point did you show me that Weiss could do half this stuff. Much less easier

I'm done discussing this(I'll let you get the last word since I know you can't stand not having it), because talking with you is a waste of my time. But you haven't shown me anything that is on par with the feats I shown for Weiss.

You've shown feats. Just not as good as you said or anything that was outdone by better without you saying it was a outlier. Also, get your head out of your ass. Don't act like I'm trying to debate just to get a last word in. I'm doing because I enjoy debating. Only reason you said that was in attemp to give yourself an air of superiority when in reality it makes you seem like a dick.