Weakest Character That Can No-Sell Kamui?

kalder_ridley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

who's the weakest character that could completely no-sell this?

No Caption Provided

pmcinelly784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rick from Rick and Morty, he'd just travel through dimensions and get back. Rick arguably is on his deathbed anyways, considering the amount of drugs and alcohol in his system.

By Kamui, I'm assuming you're talking about Tobi's "sucking you into another dimension" Kamui, rather than Kakashi's "I'm gonna take your arm off" Kamui (because that's what is in the gif).

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gnomishness

@pmcinelly784:

"I'm gonna take your arm off" Kamui

More like, "I'm going to teleport your arm to another dimension and then let the hole close" Kamui.

You'd either need to be extra-dimensional, beyond the concept of existing in any single point of space, or more durable then the structure of the space-time continuum to no-sell that. You'd usually have to dodge or regenerate from it.

Psy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pmcinelly784:

"I'm gonna take your arm off" Kamui

More like, "I'm going to teleport your arm to another dimension and then let the hole close" Kamui.

You'd either need to be extra-dimensional, beyond the concept of existing in any single point of space, or more durable then the structure of the space-time continuum to no-sell that. You'd usually have to dodge or regenerate from it.

This pretty much. To no sell it you'd have to be outside of conventional space as it's known in the world where a kamui exists.

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psy4 said:
@gnomishness said:

This pretty much. To no sell it you'd have to be outside of conventional space as it's known in the world where a kamui exists.

ya'll need to chill out lol. kamui strains the user, it's likely that the portal can't close around someone who has durability akin to that of juggernaut or hulk because kamui is limited to the user

"more durable than the structuce of the space-time continuim"

like bro really chill out kamui is not that strong

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psy4 said:
@gnomishness said:

ya'll need to chill out lol. kamui strains the user, it's likely that the portal can't close around someone who has durability akin to that of juggernaut or hulk because kamui is limited to the user

Can Juggernaut or Hulk resist telefragging? Because that's what Kamui is.

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iUseMyCajonas

@deathhero61: Can Kakashi or Obito close a portal around something that has 100 times more durability than anything ever seen in Naruto?

Psy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psy4 said:
@gnomishness said:

Is this true? Meh, who knows. But I've never seen kamui as a vice grip that cuts things which is how you're presenting it. It literally teleports/warps a section of physical space somewhere else, the contents of that space are irrelevant. Durability does not matter under those circumstances. Don't really care about the outcome though, whichever it is.

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iUseMyCajonas

@psy4: I’d agree if closing the portal didn’t cause visible strain.

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord boros

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gnomishness

@iusemycajonas:

*Strains the user to keep the "portal" open.

Portal is a loose term here of course, since there only needs to be the briefest flickering connection for part of somebody to be sent to another dimension, but it's important to understand exactly how Kamui works.

The portal closes automatically as regular spacetime sets back in. Ultimately you aren't against anything the Kamui user does, but against the sheer laws of multi-dimensional spacetime and the Universe instead.

Wether Hulk's bones are stronger then the structure of the Universe (I doubt it) or Juggernaught's magic is passively enough to bend the spacetime around him and prevent the portal from closing while he's still in it (possibly): that's all that matters. Not the strength of the Kamui beyond that it hits and that it engulfs a noticeable portion of the opponent.

Psy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Psy4

@iusemycajonas said:

@psy4: I’d agree if closing the portal didn’t cause visible strain.

Hmm, interesting. It's been years since I read or watched Naruto but my unreliable memory is telling me that the strain was usually from casting Kamui period, due to the fact that it was Kakashi using a mangekyou sharingan technique which he wasn't built for without Uchiha chakra. Even native Uchiha like Sasuke/Itachi eyes would bleed using Amaterasu and stamina would strain using Susanoo before acquiring EMS iirc.

If the strain was indeed from closing the portal like you say and not just using the MS technique, then indeed I doubt it would work on a creature with insane resistance like the Juggernaut.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gnomishness

@psy4:

It's been years since I read or watched Naruto but my unreliable memory is telling me that the strain was usually from casting Kamui period

Yeah; He's bullshitting you.

Not only is it never even slightly implied to be a strain to "close" the portal of Kamui; it is described several times as being an incredible strain to merely keep it open.

It wouldn't even make sense for closing the portal to be hard; portals almost NEVER work like that in fictional verses.

Sungsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sungsam

Anything way above boundless to 4D Space Time with Pataphysical Warping Physiology should no sell it.

If not, literally counter it with a more powerful version of a Kamui.

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't he fail to Kamui the Gedo Statue head lol?

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godren: Obito’s Kamui cancelled it out

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Can Kakashi or Obito close a portal around something that has 100 times more durability than anything ever seen in Naruto?

That's not how telefragging works. There isn't a set level its either you can resist it or you can't.

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531e53b02be
deactivated-5c531e53b02be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iusemycajonas said:

That's not how telefragging works. There isn't a set level its either you can resist it or you can't.

@deathhero61: Sounds like NLF to me.

But he stated a limit.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DeathHero61

And? To freaking bad, that's how it works. You can't just say "What a NLF" to every hax ability when you reach a corner and cannot find an answer. For example Law from one piece? His ability is spatial manipulation, unless you can resist the manipulation of space then you aren't resisting his abilities. By that logic TP is a NLF, but it wouldn't be because its either you can resist it, defend against it, etc. or you can't.

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iUseMyCajonas

@temporal_shift: No, he didn’t. He said you need specific feats agaisnt it, or to “exist in multiple dimensions” and that if you don’t you will get affected by it.

By this Logic Saint Seiya characters, Galactus and multiple Universal level durability characters from every medium can get Kamui Sniped by beginning of Shippuden Kakashi and Nightcrawler and frankly that’s ridiculous.

Especially considering it’s never been used on characters that strong ever before.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@temporal_shift: No, he didn’t. He said you need specific feats agaisnt it, or to “exist in multiple dimensions” and that if you don’t you will get affected by it.

By this Logic Saint Seiya characters, Galactus and multiple Universal level durability characters from every medium can get Kamui Sniped by beginning of Shippuden Kakashi and Nightcrawler and frankly that’s ridiculous.

Especially considering it’s never been used on characters that strong ever before.

He said if you can resist said attack then it wouldn't work.

Which is a limit on the attack.

No limit fallacy implies zero limits.

Avatar image for planetbuster012
PlanetBuster012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PlanetBuster012

@deathhero61 said:
@iusemycajonas said:

And? To freaking bad, that's how it works. You can't just say "What a NLF" to every hax ability when you reach a corner and cannot find an answer. For example Law from one piece? His ability is spatial manipulation, unless you can resist the manipulation of space then you aren't resisting his abilities. By that logic TP is a NLF, but it wouldn't be because its either you can resist it, defend against it, etc. or you can't.

So as an example would Itachi be able to instantly incapacitate Zeno with Tsukuyomi or take control of Super Shenron since they have no feats?

KingTchalla03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KingTchalla03
Avatar image for deactivated-5c60dc252a2af
deactivated-5c60dc252a2af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kamui isn't like a punch that you can shrug off. It's BFR hax, Only immortals or reality warpers or dimensional travelers can survive unless Kakashi snipes the head off and the character can't regenerate.

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By iUseMyCajonas

@deathhero61 said:
@iusemycajonas said:

So as an example would Itachi be able to instantly incapacitate Zeno with Tsukuyomi or take control of Super Shenron since they have no feats.

Hey man, this is the world we live in now. Get with the times.

Nightcrawler "telefrags" Dark Phoenix instantly becoming the worlds strongest mutant. Nobody can stop him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iusemycajonas: Only Kakashi ever showed any strains and that was because he was a non-Uchiha. The only time I remember Obito showing strain was when he had to keep it open continuously for a long time while switichig dimensions when finding Sasuke.

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@b_r023 said:

@iusemycajonas: Only Kakashi ever showed any strains and that was because he was a non-Uchiha. The only time I remember Obito showing strain was when he had to keep it open continuously for a long time while switichig dimensions when finding Sasuke.

Ah, so Kakashi's has a limit; Obito's doesn't. Gotcha.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61 said:
@iusemycajonas said:

So as an example would Itachi be able to instantly incapacitate Zeno with Tsukuyomi or take control of Super Shenron since they have no feats?

Yes I'd actually go that far unless you wanna scale Vegeta to them, and then go into their status and overall abilities. You could reasonably argue for both outcomes(Zeno resisting or Zeno getting incapacitated) especially considering he was outright stated to not be a fighter, meaning all he has is raw power and nothing else.(especially since he needed assistance seeing the fight that the angels could see well)

I didn't the second shit with the exist in multiple dimensions, but it wouldn't be far fetched.

Of course it is, but I highly doubt it would work on those characters you described due to their actual feats and abilities, not just their stats.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's BFR... Kamui snipe is different. When Obito uses it he just transports you to another dimension. Anybody can "tank" it or survive. The snipe simply works on anything with durability lower than the strongest character it worked on. Pretty sure the truth seeking ball shield is the most durable thing its worked on. Assuming it'd work on anything more durable because it had no limits would be a no limits fallacy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iusemycajonas: You have a nice point but I am sure no one in Narutoverse can shrug it off. The other verses however? That's all headcanon as it usually is when comparing two different verses with a different set of rules.

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't the second shit with the exist in multiple dimensions, but it wouldn't be far fetched.

Of course it is, but I highly doubt it would work on those characters you described due to their actual feats and abilities, not just their stats.

None of the characters I listed exist on "more than one plane" or have showcased any feats to resist "telefragging".

You're arguing that Kakashi/Nightcrawler "telefrag" Galactus whether you like it or not, lol.

PlanetBuster012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@planetbuster012 said:
@deathhero61 said:
@iusemycajonas said:

So as an example would Itachi be able to instantly incapacitate Zeno with Tsukuyomi or take control of Super Shenron since they have no feats.

Nightcrawler "telefrags" Dark Phoenix instantly becoming the worlds strongest mutant. Nobody can stop him.

Kaguya can solo the ToP via reflecting infinite tsukyomi off the artificial source of life.

No Caption Provided

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iusemycajonas said:
@planetbuster012 said:
@deathhero61 said:
@iusemycajonas said:

Kaguya can solo the ToP via reflecting infinite tsukyomi off the artificial source of life.

No Caption Provided

Not really comparable as Z characters have on panel seen through illusions before lmfao.

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@planetbuster012 said:
@iusemycajonas said:
@planetbuster012 said:
@deathhero61 said:
@iusemycajonas said:

No Caption Provided

Not really comparable as Z characters have on panel seen through illusions before lmfao.

I'm pretty sure planet buster is like a prime Naruto wanker.

I could be wrong.

And no illusion in DB is on the level of IT not that it matters.

PlanetBuster012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iusemycajonas said:
@planetbuster012 said:
@iusemycajonas said:
@planetbuster012 said:
@deathhero61 said:
@iusemycajonas said:

No Caption Provided

I could be wrong.

It's interesting you refer to me as a "wanker" which by the way is a reportable offense and The Vivas refers to me as a lowballer troll so which is it? I'd also like proof of where I "wanked"?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@temporal_shift said:
@iusemycajonas said:
@planetbuster012 said:
@iusemycajonas said:
@planetbuster012 said:
@deathhero61 said:
@iusemycajonas said:

No Caption Provided

I could be wrong.

It's interesting you refer to me as a "wanker" which by the way is a reportable offense and The Vivas refers to me as a lowballer troll so which is it? I'd also like proof of where I "wanked"?

I did say I could be wrong, I may have you confused with someone else.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's BFR... Kamui snipe is different. When Obito uses it he just transports you to another dimension. Anybody can "tank" it or survive. The snipe simply works on anything with durability lower than the strongest character it worked on. Pretty sure the truth seeking ball shield is the most durable thing its worked on. Assuming it'd work on anything more durable because it had no limits would be a no limits fallacy.

So when addressing something like telefragging we just go on the strongest character it worked on? Kind of weird.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@deathhero61: Isn't that gameplay mechanics? When does that ever happen in comics?