watchmen vs. the fantastic 4

Avatar image for ellis22
#1 Posted by ellis22 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

who wins

Avatar image for oldmagic
#2 Posted by oldmagic (5265 posts) - - Show Bio

Watchman with utter ease.

Avatar image for the_martian
#3 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

Manhattan solos. Without him its a  massive curbstomp the other way.

Avatar image for chaos_agent
#4 Posted by Chaos Agent (2158 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Manhattan solos. Without him its a  massive curbstomp the other way.
"

Avatar image for detective
#5 Posted by Detective (582 posts) - - Show Bio

Watchmen, Dr. Manhattan is a huge advantage

Avatar image for sunman
#6 Posted by SUNMAN (8609 posts) - - Show Bio

take out Dr. Manhattan

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
#7 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4306 posts) - - Show Bio
ellis22 said:
"who wins"
The Watchmen have Dr. Manhatten on their roster.  He could solo a large chunk of Marvel Earth, never mind the Fantastic Four.
Avatar image for geraldthesloth
#8 Posted by geraldthesloth (32690 posts) - - Show Bio

manhattan vs the four?

manhattan everytime

unless..Richards had a year of prep :p

Avatar image for sunman
#9 Posted by SUNMAN (8609 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you are all forgetting the Reed Richards factor, give him some time and prep and he would solo.

Avatar image for chaos_agent
#10 Posted by Chaos Agent (2158 posts) - - Show Bio

because a lifetime of prep helped Ozymandias a lot...

Avatar image for kurrent
#11 Posted by Kurrent (14336 posts) - - Show Bio

FF + Ultimate Nullifier = No chance for anybody

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
#12 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4306 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Manhattan is basically Reed Richards with massive matter-manipulation powers.  The FF is sickeningly outclassed here, even with prep.

Avatar image for geraldthesloth
#13 Posted by geraldthesloth (32690 posts) - - Show Bio
Chaos Agent said:
"because a lifetime of prep helped Ozymandias a lot...
"
richards>doom>ozymandias
Avatar image for danielketchgr
#14 Posted by DanielKetchGR (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I go with the Watchmen.

Avatar image for kurrent
#15 Posted by Kurrent (14336 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys know that Watchmen have no powers except for Manhattan. I don't see how jump kicks and gadget are messing with Thing or any of the FF actually. Manhattan is the problem and with the Ulitimate Nullifier he is a memory

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
#16 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

lots of people have clearly not actually read Watchmen.  There is no team called "watchmen."  There were two teams in the book, the Minutemen, which had those old vigilantes from the 1930s and 40s and the newer team called the Crimebusters, that had Dr. Manhattan and the others.

Avatar image for vance_astro
#17 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio
the human Juggernaut said:
"lots of people have clearly not actually read Watchmen.
Nobody asked for all this extra sh#t.
Moderator
Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
#18 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7279 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"the human Juggernaut said:
"lots of people have clearly not actually read Watchmen.
Nobody asked for all this extra sh#t.
"
They don't have to ask to say it, I said it because I wanted to say it, and it's also probably true.
Avatar image for sunman
#19 Posted by SUNMAN (8609 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey I own the book

Avatar image for vance_astro
#20 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio
the human Juggernaut said:
"Vance Astro said:
"the human Juggernaut said:
"lots of people have clearly not actually read Watchmen.
Nobody asked for all this extra sh#t.
"
They don't have to ask to say it, I said it because I wanted to say it, and it's also probably true.
"
I don't think it matters.Half the site doesn't read anything outside of Marvel...so It's obvious not many people read Watchmen.
Moderator
Avatar image for the_martian
#21 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio
the human Juggernaut said:
"lots of people have clearly not actually read Watchmen.  There is no team called "watchmen."  There were two teams in the book, the Minutemen, which had those old vigilantes from the 1930s and 40s and the newer team called the Crimebusters, that had Dr. Manhattan and the others.
"
Its a waste of time to say Minutemen and Crimebusters vs Fantastic Four when you can round them up under the name Watchmen and know what they are talking about.
Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
#22 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7279 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"the human Juggernaut said:
"lots of people have clearly not actually read Watchmen.  There is no team called "watchmen."  There were two teams in the book, the Minutemen, which had those old vigilantes from the 1930s and 40s and the newer team called the Crimebusters, that had Dr. Manhattan and the others.
"
Its a waste of time to say Minutemen and Crimebusters vs Fantastic Four when you can round them up under the name Watchmen and know what they are talking about.
"
no, i'm pretty sure the OP is referring to the crime busters, not the 1930s minutemen.
Avatar image for vance_astro
#23 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio

LMFAO@ the OP's avatar.

Moderator
Avatar image for ferro_vida
#24 Posted by Ferro Vida (34317 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"the human Juggernaut said:
"Vance Astro said:
"the human Juggernaut said:
"lots of people have clearly not actually read Watchmen.
Nobody asked for all this extra sh#t.
"
They don't have to ask to say it, I said it because I wanted to say it, and it's also probably true.
"
I don't think it matters.Half the site doesn't read anything outside of Marvel...so It's obvious not many people read Watchmen.
"
Sad but true
Avatar image for the_martian
#25 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio
the human Juggernaut said:
"Nobody said:
"the human Juggernaut said:
"lots of people have clearly not actually read Watchmen.  There is no team called "watchmen."  There were two teams in the book, the Minutemen, which had those old vigilantes from the 1930s and 40s and the newer team called the Crimebusters, that had Dr. Manhattan and the others.
"
Its a waste of time to say Minutemen and Crimebusters vs Fantastic Four when you can round them up under the name Watchmen and know what they are talking about.
"
no, i'm pretty sure the OP is referring to the crime busters, not the 1930s minutemen.
"
Possibly.
Avatar image for precise
#26 Posted by Precise (21954 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"I don't think it matters.Half the site doesn't read anything outside of Marvel...so It's obvious not many people read Watchmen."
I don't think that's completely true, they might start out reading just Marvel because it's more accesible but they often spread to other comics more to their liking.