Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Octavian130
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • Both have composite feats.
  • Both are in-character.
  • Both have their standard weaponry.
  • Both have in-universe knowledge and a hour of prep.
  • Both have good enough teamwork to not fight each other, only focus on Kil'jaeden.
  • Win by death.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • Kil'jaeden has composite feats.
  • Kil'jaeden is in character.
  • Kil jaeden has standard weaponry.
  • Kil'jaeden has in universe knowledge with a hour of prep.
  • Win by death.

Location: Here. KJ starts on the right, Arthas and Illidan on the left.

No Caption Provided

Edit: Bonus Round - Same conditions apply, but toss in Archimonde for Kil'jaeden and remove all prep for both sides.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They can win with Lich King pulling most of the weight. There’s no way they can beat Archimonde and Kiljaeden.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: Idk legend illidan is pretty strong I'd say hes comparable to Lich King, but overall LK certainly isn't pulling the most weight maybe 60/40 of it.

On topic Kil wins, bonus round the team gets stomped by the demons.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By noah_ouellette

@merulezall: I mean. We saw Illidan lose to Death knight Arthas while amped by the skull of Guldan. Now we add the fact that the Lich King was basically unkillable without holy magic and with a weapon that can kill Kiljaeden. I think the duo can beat him together, especially with Illidans more recent buffs. I am of the thought though that Archimonde was worried Cenarius could stop him and I have my Warcraft tiering at, Lich King>Illidan>Cenarius

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette:

I mean. We saw Illidan lose to Death knight Arthas while amped by the skull of Guldan.

The fight was close though and Illidan wasn't necessary amped he had a perm power up.

Now we add the fact that the Lich King was basically unkillable without holy magic and with a weapon that can kill Kiljaeden.

Illidan still walked off frostmoure as a whole.

I think the duo can beat him together, especially with Illidans more recent buffs.

Idk Kil is pretty powerful with magic, but I can see it happening.

I am of the thought though that Archimonde was worried Cenarius could stop him and I have my Warcraft tiering at, Lich King>Illidan>Cenarius

To be fair I thin Cenarius back then was far more powerful than he was in recent times due to the fact arch would of never been afraid if he knew of Cenarius' power.

However tbh your line up is I agree with. I'm not arguing that the LK would lose to illidan though, I'm arguing that Illidan would pull his fair share of weight due to his recent buffs. Unlike the LK, Illidan got some decent power ups from the recent expansions.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kil'jaeden rips out their souls and sends them to the Twisting Nether to be tortured eternally. Mismatch.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Kil'jaeden rips out their souls and sends them to the Twisting Nether to be tortured eternally. Mismatch.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: @merulezall: I agree Illidan got stronger recently. Illidan was almost killed by frostmourne, hardly a simple walkoff. I think the Lich King yields the biggest threat here due to magic as a whole being useless against him. He is invulnerable except for holy magic, which Kiljaeden cannot actually use. And physically the Lich King is a force to be rivalled.

Medivh, Does the Lich King not have a soul? Arthas does sure but. It belongs to the Lich King now. Doubt the power gap is enough there for Kiljaeden to simply take it without a struggle. And Illidan burned his soul out consuming the skull of Guldan. So he actually does have to fight them.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mysticmedivh

@noah_ouellette said:

@mysticmedivh: @merulezall: I agree Illidan got stronger recently. Illidan was almost killed by frostmourne, hardly a simple walkoff. I think the Lich King yields the biggest threat here due to magic as a whole being useless against him. He is invulnerable except for holy magic, which Kiljaeden cannot actually use. And physically the Lich King is a force to be rivalled.

Medivh, Does the Lich King not have a soul? Arthas does sure but. It belongs to the Lich King now. Doubt the power gap is enough there for Kiljaeden to simply take it without a struggle. And Illidan burned his soul out consuming the skull of Guldan. So he actually does have to fight them.

Illidan who had absorbed the power of the Skull of Gul'dan lost and nearly died to death knight Arthas (before Arthas even became the Lich King). After his failure he fled to Outland and took control of the Dark Portal because he was in constant fear that, having failed Kil'jaeden a second time, he would be annihilated.

The Lich King itself and the Frozen Throne were created by Kil'jaeden when Kil'jaeden found Ner'zhul's soul in the Twisting Nether, tortured it and ripped it to shreds, then put it back together and encased it in a block of magical ice.

My comment about their souls being ripped out were more for dramatic effect than to be taken literally, but nonetheless Kil'jaeden could do that, and both of them do indeed have souls.

e.g. quest texts talking about Illidan's soul:

• https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Blood_of_Demons
  • https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Hunt_for_Illidan_Stormrage
  • https://wow.gamepedia.com/Amalgam_of_Souls

While Arthas has magical resistance, it is a no limits fallacy to say that he is completely immune to it. Arthas has no feats of resisting magic of Kil'jaeden's caliber.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: Ty for the info, not doubting they wouldn't have souls, but just providing some evidence for it.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By noah_ouellette

@mysticmedivh: Thanks for the soul info. Thought I read he burned it away when he consumed the Skull of Guldan and became a demon. Idk I’m mostly going off of Arthas only being able to be harmed through holy magic means and nothing else. Illidan was scared after yes, but he has solidly grown in power since. Arthas has not of course he was dead but did Kiljaeden not state that the Lich kings power has grown far beyond what Kiljaeden had suspected it to? That alone should mean that Arthas could pose a threat to him. Solidly more so due to Kiljaedens main source of power being, I don’t want to say useless against him but less useful than usual. Not to mention Arthas was a threat Alexstraza was genuinely worried about fighting herself. Genuinely I think the team has a solid chance with recent buffs and Arthas’ ability to absorb magic here. But it could go either way imo.

Wabubub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arthas and Illidan for sure R1. I'm uncertain on R2.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette

Off the topic of my head, LK Arthas was harmed by Putress's plague gas at the Wrathgate. I think there are a few more examples but I can't remember them right now.

Illidan has had two power-ups to my knowledge. The first when Sargeras's presence reached out from the Well of Eternity during the War of the Ancients and empowered him, and the second when he consumed the Skull of Gul'dan. I haven't followed Legion super closely, but I don't think he's received anything since WCIII.

Even during the Burning Crusade, Illidan was hurt by and had some trouble with a no-name Pit Lord, in which even the most powerful Pit Lords are described as fodder in comparison to Archimonde/KJ. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUfOIvlC6Eo

The Lich King was a threat to Alexstrasza insofar as the Scourge made an effort to hunt down Dragonflight across Northrend in order to revive them as their own.

Not to mention Blizzard has said that in a 1v1 LK Arthas would lose to the Thunder King. https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/759552173579591680

Avatar image for mordhauextreme1
MordhauExtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Illidan and Arthas could win

FalsePromise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Illidan and Arthas together should be more than enough to take down Kil'jaeden. Each of them is already dangerously close to the level of power KJ is at and together would overpower him but it won't be an easy fight. After all, KJ's greatest strength is in his mind and not his magic or raw strength. The weak link here is actually Arthas since he isn't known for being prepared while that is practically Illidan's motto and KJ is a master of preparation himself. Illidan was also confident in taking down KJ with a little help from his demon hunters but was just never able to execute his plan so it stands to reason that Arthas, who is more powerful than any demon hunter and is more or less equals to Illidan, would be capable of defeating Kil'jaeden

For the bonus round, there is no way Illidan and Arthas can win unless Archimonde royally screws up. Both demon lords together are simply too much and I say Archimonde because the guy is much more prone to outburst that KJ

heigara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By heigara

either of them can solo, kil jeaden failed to destroy the frozen throne even before Arthas becomes the lich king, and with shadowlands Arthas scales higher than the burning legion as he is kind of an eternal godhood entity now, moreover Illidan was able to stalemane Sargeras the dark titan who is the leader of the burning legion, and Arthas is stronger than illidan since he defeated him, the draenei overlords (kil jeaden, archimonde , velen) are weaker compared to these two who are kind of rival superpowers