#1  Edited By Silver2467
Warb Null
No Caption Provided
VS

Darth Maul
No Caption Provided
Rules:
  • This is TPM Maul.
  • Random encounter. No prep or knowledge of the other.
  • Standard equipment.
  • Regular morals and mindsets apply.
  • Victory by death or KO.
  • Combatants begin 30 meters apart, visible from the starting point.
  • Battle takes place in a palace courtyard on Theed, nighttime, unpopulated.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Silver2467

Since this is my attempt to introduce Warb Null to the Vine battle forums, let me explain his power set. 

His abilities are fairly basic. Null is actually a spirit who lives inside a Sith-alchemy designed armor. Despite his lacking physicality, he still functions basically the same as anyone else. He can be injured or killed if his armor is damaged (he died by having his head/helmet slashed off). As far as his powers and skills, Null possesses a telepathic/empathetic ability called Wave of Darkness which weakens focus in an opponent. This has allowed Null to duel multiple Jedi simultaneously (such as Cay Qel-Droma, Oss Wilum, and Ulic Qel-Droma) and hold his own with little trouble. How much of this can be attributed to technical skill and how much to his mental influence is unclear.

And this is essentially all he has. He has few showings but is a tough fighter with an unusual power. He demonstrated no other offensive Force abilities besides this one, rendering his abilities that much more straightforward.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Silver2467: Even when I enlarge the pictures the font is still too small for me. Are there any remarks on his speed? In those pictures he appears to be quite large. I wonder if this will be a disadvantage and allow Maul a greater chance to land more tags.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Silver2467
@k4tzm4n: Sorry about that. I edited my post and provided different scans of those same pages. It should be more legible now (but let me know if you have any other problems). 

As for his speed, there is little on that, but Null did fight Oss, Cay, and Ulic (albeit their powers were blunted by him) who have fought through a hundred dark siders and shown a few other generic speed feats (blurring motions, afterimages, and so on). Null should be around their speed given that he engaged all three at once. Now, while I would consider the Maul faster of the two, Force sensitives, because of their various precognitive and clairvoyant senses, can have separate speed levels and still fight one another (as long as the speed gap isn't too overwhelming), and I doubt Maul would be significantly faster. Also, depending on whether or not you believe Null's mental powers would work against Maul, the latter's focus could be lessened and by extension lessen his powers.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Silver2467

Screw it, I just decided to make larger scans to avoid any further confusion. 

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Silver2467: Thanks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d446f1367ece
deactivated-5d446f1367ece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul wins. Mismatch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1a45e3e76be
deactivated-5d1a45e3e76be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul wins 1with relative ease. having said that, Null scales vastly beyond average jedi masters of the clone wars and therefore would put up a fight.

RebornEmperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul one-shots

Discipulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although the choreography of Warb Null's fight isn't easy to trace in the TOTJ comic, I think it would be fair to substitute him for Maul and ask what would happen. Would Maul be beaten by a pre-prime Ulic Qel-Droma and a group of considerably inferior allies? Maybe -- but arguably no. It certainly wouldn't be ended by one strike from Ulic. Ulic's ability to contend with Exar Kun in a lightsaber battle certainly speaks positively of his speed, but Maul's speed feats should place him as at least a peer of Ulic. Maul should therefore enjoy the same advantages over Warb Null that Ulic enjoyed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1a45e3e76be
deactivated-5d1a45e3e76be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Null’s mere armor was capable of rendering a Jedi apprentice equal to his master, a guy who survived the battle of geonosis. He is actually pretty good.