Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

While In Limbo after escaping Hell, Dante meets an ancient warrior known as Kratos, Kratos informs Dante that the only way to make it through Limbo and in to Heaven is to declare war on the Charred Council, while Kratos and Dante lay seige to the Charred Realm the Council send the two most powerful Horsemen to counter the threat. 

War Has All The Weapons/Armor/Abilitys That He Has At The End Of Darksiders 
Death Has All The  Weapons/Armor/ Abilitys  That He Has At The End Of Darksiders 2 
Dante  Has All The  Weapons/Armor/ Abilitys That He Has At The End Of Dante's Inferno 
Kratos  Has All The  Weapons/Armor/ Abilitys  That He Has At The End God of War 3 

Death
Death
 War
 War

VS

Dante 
Dante 
No Caption Provided
MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MAZAHS117

O__O..Whoa...I gotta think about this one

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@SHAZAM117: I think I'm going to go with the Horsemen 
MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MAZAHS117

I'm inclined to go with the Horsemen as well. But in all fairness I haven't personally played Darksiders II yet, so I'm not fully aware of Death's capabilities. I have beat Darksiders and WAR is a monster fully powered with all his gear as is Kratos from GOW3....Dante's no slouch either

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@SHAZAM117: Because of the level of customization and  how upgrades work Death is more powerful 
Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Laurcus

Clarification is needed. By end of God of War 3, do you mean the end end, or just before the end? From what we can tell, spoilers for the ending, Kratos loses the Power of Hope at the end, and possibly his other powers as well, as Athena takes the Blade of Olympus, and thus the Rage of Sparta.

If it's Kratos with his ultimate powers, Hope and the Blade of Olympus, he solos both easily, possibly even Dante as well, though I'm not familiar with Dante's Inferno. He went from, arguably, just as strong or stronger than the Horsemen, to having basically ultimate power. Zeus couldn't even touch him, without using the Blade, if he used the Blade, he could probably destroy the world.

Hero4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hero4life

@Laurcus said:

Clarification is needed. By end of God of War 3, do you mean the end end, or just before the end? From what we can tell, spoilers for the ending, Kratos loses the Power of Hope at the end, and possibly his other powers as well, as Athena takes the Blade of Olympus, and thus the Rage of Sparta.

If it's Kratos with his ultimate powers, Hope and the Blade of Olympus, he solos both easily, possibly even Dante as well, though I'm not familiar with Dante's Inferno. He went from, arguably, just as strong or stronger than the Horsemen, to having basically ultimate power. Zeus couldn't even touch him, without using the Blade, if he used the Blade, he could probably destroy the world.

This. Kratos would solo. While Dante jammed out

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By isaac_clarke

I want to say War solos - mainly because he's running on a fraction of his actual power and by the end of the game he is literally going to take on Hell, Heaven and the council with his family. That kinda beats the tar out of weak-azz gods.

semaeuldel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By semaeuldel

We need to wait to see how powerful the Horsemen are when all of the seals are broken. We've only seen them at a fraction of their power

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Laurcus

@semaeuldel said:

We need to wait to see how powerful the Horsemen are when all of the seals are broken. We've only seen them at a fraction of their power

Actually, it's the opposite. The Horsemen are powered up by the existence of the Seven Seals. And we do see War's maximum power, it's why he's so strong at the start of Darksiders. Max health, max Chaoseater, infinite Chaos Form, and just look how far you can throw cars, like seriously, you lose sight of them you can throw them so far. I'm gonna keep this spoiler free, but someone mentions this in Darksiders 2, when he tells Death that he doesn't fear him because he no longer rides with the power of the Seven Seals. So under the conditions specified, War and Death wouldn't have those powers. But even if they did, by feats alone Kratos and the Greek gods are MUCH more powerful than anything in Darksiders 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TuRo_0RhLw Look at the devastation Zeus causes. No one that we've seen in Darksiders could match that kind of power with a single blow. Yet with still only a fraction of his power, Kratos murders Zeus with his bare hands at the end of God of War 3.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Laurcus said:

@semaeuldel said:

Actually, it's the opposite. The Horsemen are powered up by the existence of the Seven Seals.

Seems slightly contradicting to what happened after the final seal was broken at the end of the game - that more or less removed the restrictions of power placed on War by the council and brought him back from the dead - clearly more powerful than the entirety of the game.

And we do see War's maximum power, it's why he's so strong at the start of Darksiders. Max health, max Chaoseater, infinite Chaos Form, and just look how far you can throw cars, like seriously, you lose sight of them you can throw them so far.

You don't have max health at the start of Darksiders - game-play wise War is more powerful at the end of the game than at the start. And right from the beginning War is finding his power level dropping - namely why he 'dies'.

I'm gonna keep this spoiler free, but someone mentions this in Darksiders 2, when he tells Death that he doesn't fear him because he no longer rides with the power of the Seven Seals. So under the conditions specified, War and Death wouldn't have those powers. But even if they did, by feats alone Kratos and the Greek gods are MUCH more powerful than anything in Darksiders 2.

Most of the Greek Gods go down like punks, statues falling on them - heavily wounding them, snapping their knecks like twigs or a chariot crash has them unable to fight back as Kratos yanks their heads off. Really the most powerful of the three are Hades, Poseidon and Zeus - none of which having done anything that makes me say War wouldn't have slaughtered them at low power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TuRo_0RhLw Look at the devastation Zeus causes. No one that we've seen in Darksiders could match that kind of power with a single blow. Yet with still only a fraction of his power, Kratos murders Zeus with his bare hands at the end of God of War 3.

That was the blade in question rather than Zeus. And all it only had the ability to vaporize nobodies - leaving their armor / weapons in-tact. Zeus has better showings than that to pull from.

Zeus at the end of God of War 3 easily snapped Kratos' neck going all astral form on him - the problem is Kratos has the plot power of hope and that allowed him to beat Zeus to death.

Caionsouza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Caionsouza

I Play Darksiders and II , All God of War Series , Dantes Inferno

They are more destructive than War and Death

Kratos would take War and Dante catch death

It would be an interesting battle

I'm leaning towards Kratos and Dante

Kratos and Dante Wins VERY VERY Hard

AWESOME BATTLE!

Avatar image for azathoth_the_dread_sleeper
Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Horsemen destroyeth.

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Laurcus

@isaac_clarke said:

@Laurcus said:

@semaeuldel said:

Actually, it's the opposite. The Horsemen are powered up by the existence of the Seven Seals.

Seems slightly contradicting to what happened after the final seal was broken at the end of the game - that more or less removed the restrictions of power placed on War by the council and brought him back from the dead - clearly more powerful than the entirety of the game.

And we do see War's maximum power, it's why he's so strong at the start of Darksiders. Max health, max Chaoseater, infinite Chaos Form, and just look how far you can throw cars, like seriously, you lose sight of them you can throw them so far.

You don't have max health at the start of Darksiders - game-play wise War is more powerful at the end of the game than at the start. And right from the beginning War is finding his power level dropping - namely why he 'dies'.

I'm gonna keep this spoiler free, but someone mentions this in Darksiders 2, when he tells Death that he doesn't fear him because he no longer rides with the power of the Seven Seals. So under the conditions specified, War and Death wouldn't have those powers. But even if they did, by feats alone Kratos and the Greek gods are MUCH more powerful than anything in Darksiders 2.

Most of the Greek Gods go down like punks, statues falling on them - heavily wounding them, snapping their knecks like twigs or a chariot crash has them unable to fight back as Kratos yanks their heads off. Really the most powerful of the three are Hades, Poseidon and Zeus - none of which having done anything that makes me say War wouldn't have slaughtered them at low power.

That was the blade in question rather than Zeus. And all it only had the ability to vaporize nobodies - leaving their armor / weapons in-tact. Zeus has better showings than that to pull from.

Zeus at the end of God of War 3 easily snapped Kratos' neck going all astral form on him - the problem is Kratos has the plot power of hope and that allowed him to beat Zeus to death.

Sounds like you need to play Darksiders again. :) Right at the start of the game, before the Charred Council blows the horn and reduces War's power, he has a fully maxed out health bar, a maxed Chaoseater, and most importantly, infinite Chaos Form. The only thing War has at the end of Darksiders 1 that he didn't at the start is the Armageddon Blade, Abyssal Armor and more Wrath Powers. And I'd trade all that for infinite Chaos form in an instant.

Have you beaten Darksiders 2? Because I'm trying to be sensitive to spoilers, and I want to make a point about why the Seventh Seal brought War back, but I would need to reference the end of DS2. Also, spoiler for the start of Darksiders 2, the Seven Seals have existed since the Nephilim were created, they were what allowed the Four Horsemen to single handedly slaughter the entire Nephilim invasion. And they have never been broken before the end of Darksiders.

You are right though that some of the other gods went down like chumps. And you're also right that Zeus does have a lot of other feats to pull from. Destroying Sparta, owning Gaia, etc. And yeah, Hope is OP, so is the Blade, imagine Kratos using both at the same time, and that's my argument for why he would win.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Laurcus said:

Sounds like you need to play Darksiders again. :) Right at the start of the game, before the Charred Council blows the horn and reduces War's power, he has a fully maxed out health bar, a maxed Chaoseater, and most importantly, infinite Chaos Form. The only thing War has at the end of Darksiders 1 that he didn't at the start is the Armageddon Blade, Abyssal Armor and more Wrath Powers. And I'd trade all that for infinite Chaos form in an instant.

Or you could just look up a video of the start of the game and see he isn't sporting a 10 skull health-bar(instead 7 skulls). Chaos Form is limiting in terms of the actual gameplay - you'd have to turn it off anyways - not to mention useless against the final boss (and some of the other ones to boot).

Have you beaten Darksiders 2? Because I'm trying to be sensitive to spoilers, and I want to make a point about why the Seventh Seal brought War back, but I would need to reference the end of DS2. Also, spoiler for the start of Darksiders 2, the Seven Seals have existed since the Nephilim were created, they were what allowed the Four Horsemen to single handedly slaughter the entire Nephilim invasion. And they have never been broken before the end of Darksiders.

I haven't had the opportunity to start it yet.

You are right though that some of the other gods went down like chumps. And you're also right that Zeus does have a lot of other feats to pull from. Destroying Sparta, owning Gaia, etc. And yeah, Hope is OP, so is the Blade, imagine Kratos using both at the same time, and that's my argument for why he would win.

The problem with owning the titan's - in particular Gaea - they aren't particular good feats. The Blade seems to have been his bread and butter for the conflict. Hope's just a plot power up - it doesn't really come off all that OP given Kratos can still kill himself with his jumbosized sword with a stab.

Hairy_Octopus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hairy_Octopus

If Kratos and Dante are a threat to the balance, then the horsemen have this.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

The horsemen win in my opinion. The "Gods" in GOW are pretty weak and are pretty much super powered people calling themselves gods. Dante from Dante's Inferno fought Satan, but in the book the Devine Comedy Satan is(if I remember) is the exact opposite of God. I only played Darksiders 1, but from that I believe War is equal to Dante and Kratos. With Death, the horsemen win.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ghostrider2

War and Death for the win, i really don't see Kratos or Dante beating War or Death.

andresroller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By andresroller1

war has a god to answer to and that is kratos and dante made death his woman and took his sythe at the begining of the game before he became a bad ass.....but in all honesty tho this fight would never end...dante and kratos IF killed would just come back just like kratos has proven to do time and time again...the guy does not stay dead because he wills himself to life. dante will fight through hell untill he gts what he wants and the horsemen cant die because the chared council owns their souls and prevents them from dying...this fight will never end

ComocYahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ComocYahweh

Dante solos fairly easy, Death in D.I verse is much more powerful than this one, and Dante killed him and has his scythe.

Ov3rPow3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death kill all so easy , Death = The Death the only god Real in the real world . Death is invincible , he can kill Kratos , Dante , War , Nero , Virgil .

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By russellmania77

kratos

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

War and Death for the win, i really don't see Kratos or Dante beating War or Death.

OpCharybdis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante is actually cannonfodder for now (He's no slouch, but not comparable to Kratos or the Horseman).

I've yet to play any of the games, but I know quite abit about GoW, and thier Gods were weak as F***. They were strong, yeah, but you know they are either extremely weak, or major PIS is involved when ONE God dies (as in, DIES), much less 90% of them. The only thing I know about Death is the Darksiders 2 trailer and some articles and I already think he wins.

Anyway, Kratos is NOT one to trifle with, but he's a bit Overhyped.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I'm not enough of an expert on Dante or Death to judge the outcome of the battle but this would be a helluva fight.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Really Really good match up. I'm leaning towards Kratos and Dante but I don't know need to think about this one.

ciphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going by the games alone it'll be a close match. If we're to include the grand abominations though, no god can stand against the firstborn nephilim (death)

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumpity bump, War and Death slaughterhouse.

Jmarshmallow

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God this is so hard. I cannot decide. I'm leaning towards, dante and kratos because of quicksilver and other abilities. But Death has ridiculous durability, UGH I CANNOT DECIDE!

Kuja9001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos has never willed himself back to life, he needed divine help each time.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Incidentally both War and Death have some Time Manipulation abilities. War could Slow Time and Death could travel backward and forward through two different points in time and DS2 was not the first time he has actually done this. In the comic "Death's Door" he had found other means of going back in time (year 17xx something) after a corrupted angel.

There is a difference between DS1 and DS2 in terms of their firearms. Mercy only had one rate of fire and had infinite ammo and never required reloading. Redemption in DS2 had a 10-round cylinder and took 6sec to reload (though also had infinite ammo)

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: It can still go either way, especially since dante can use doppleganger to create a equal in strength clone of dante that has everything he has. But Death has high durability so its hard to tell if he could theoretically beat Death, kratos seems to be a non-factor somehow due to his lack of speed, and reaction time feats in comparison to everyone else in this battle.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: This is a different Dante. This is Dante from "Dante's Inferno".

Loading Video...

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Horsemen.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Couldn't War stop/slow down time ? its been ages since i played Darksiders 1 but that would mean he'd solo this with ease more so if both Death & War went into their chaos forms ? .

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellionvulcan: War can only slow down time for a bit (about 12sec for him). Kratos also had time slowing. I'm not sure about Dante from DI since I've never played it.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DeathHero61

@reikai said:

@deathhero61: This is a different Dante. This is Dante from "Dante's Inferno".

Loading Video...

Oh if its that dante, then team 1 stomps. Kratos is the biggest threat here, but his immense power can be matched by Death/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think that the horsemen got this because war has an infinite chaos form and death is death itself how can you kill somebody like him he's "death" and plus the horsemen are God's fearless enforcers,every demon and angels are afraid of them.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

team1 ftw

Rocksmasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The horsemen will win, they are designed to destroy anything that stands in their path, when powered by the seven seals they are given unimaginable power, we already saw War running on JUST a fraction of his power in the first game and he still managed to kill the Destroyer who is just about one of the most powerful people/creatures to ever live in the Darksiders universe apart from Samael who is extremely powerful himself.

Death? He is basically Death itself, he is the oldest of the horsemen and although War is the strongest of the three (War took on all 3 horsemen solo when he rebelled against them and eventually death managed to cut his arm off by blind luck and stopped him, War is an absolute machine unstoppable when given a purpose) So basically, if the seven seals were broken and all 4 horsemen were sent, oh boy. You can kiss goodbye to any living thing, no matter how powerful, even God himself or Satan, the reason they were created is because they're meant to bring the end to those who did wickedness in the end war that would result in the fate of the three factions.

So basically, like I said, the horsemen will win without effort, these guys were created to tear apart cosmic beings much bigger and much stronger than the gods you see in God of War 3 or the Demons in the Dante universe, as a crazy God of War 3 fanboy... I'm sorry to say but I've gotta go with the horsemen here... I just can't see War and Death losing to them. They're too powerful to lose to demi-gods and stuff like that lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9
deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos solos

Kratos > Dante + War + Death

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horsemen. Especially if the have Weapons from the Abomination Vault. And gear like the Abyssal Armor.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante is a weak link honestly.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dazzleben10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante technically already destroyed the Death in his universe. What's to say he won't do that to Darksiders Death?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MonsterStomp

Dante technically already destroyed the Death in his universe. What's to say he won't do that to Darksiders Death?

Er, maybe Death in his universe isn't the same Death in the Darksiders universe?

Avatar image for just_passing_by
just_passing_by

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OP stated that these are at the end of the game versions right..?

except possibly for Dante and War, the OP could have been meaning them at their full gear and max level..

VERDICT..!

STALEMATE..!

at the end of both Darksiders games, both the Horsemen are freed from their bounds from the 7th seal and thus have access to their TRUE powers as Horsemen of the Apocalypse.. MEANING.. all new powers no feats.. so inconclusive..

ON THE OTHER HAND..

if this is within the prospects of THE game themselves..

I give this a 6/10 for Team 2! reason being:

Kratos just before the end of GoW3 is slightly better beast than War and Death at the end of their respective games..

and Kratos has a HUGE arsenal to help him against the Riders..

why only 6/10, Fighting Skills, and this is where Death and War and possibly even Dante outclasses Kratos.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bump

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers