Walking Dead: Tparks vs Juiceboks (voting)

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

Teams

@tparks:

• Drake Sinclair
  • Becky Montcrief
  • Jonah Hex
  • Roland Deschain

@juiceboks:

• Iron Fist
  • Werewolf By Night
  • Rocket Raccoon
  • Albert Wesker

Rules

Important Rules to these matches as follows.

• One Zombie Bite will kill your characters off in 30 second time frame, turning them into Zombies. Exceptions are only characters who are Undead, Dead, Robots, or Specifically Immune to Zombies.
  • Ammo and Gear listed must be realistic. This is the end of the world, things are hard to come by. You can have special weapons, but Ammo for all weapons is limited to 100 rounds. Your not using say Punisher and carrying 500 pounds of gear, that be unrealistic.
  • No Vehicles or outside help. Can use Motorcycles, Horses, Ect.

Battle Ground

Top Team is Red. Bottom Team is Blue.

No Caption Provided

Your Group is making tracks along the freeway. Then you spy a opposing group on the other side. Your low on supplies, maybe the other groups dead bodies can help ya with that problem. Unfortunately as with everything else, those dang Walkers in the hundreds are herding through the middle.

No Caption Provided

Add to that another group of Humans are coming down the road and shooting at everything that moves.

No Caption Provided

The fools! Take out the Blue/Red group and stay alive.

Perks

You may pick one perk.

• Join Me - The Humans coming down the road are on your side.
  • Night Escape - Its night time with only a sliver of moonlight as your light.
  • Hummer - Gain a nice Hummer to run over the competition.
juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 juiceboks  Moderator

@tparks I'll take the night escape perk

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@juiceboks: Haven't been on the site in a while. Life got in the way. I'll get started on this tonight though. Just a warning too, It might take a little while in between my posts. I have to create my own scans for everyone but Roland, so it's going to take a lot of digging and researching my old comics to post my feats.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: @indiecomicsftw:

• One Zombie Bite will kill your characters off in 30 second time frame, turning them into Zombies. Exceptions are only characters who are Undead, Dead, Robots, or Specifically Immune to Zombies.
  • Ammo and Gear listed must be realistic. This is the end of the world, things are hard to come by. You can have special weapons, but Ammo for all weapons is limited to 100 rounds. Your not using say Punisher and carrying 500 pounds of gear, that be unrealistic.
  • No Vehicles or outside help. Can use Motorcycles, Horses, Ect.

Becky Montcrief and Drake Sinclair's revolvers are magic and do not fire bullets. They never have to be reloaded or use ammo. I just want to make sure I'm not breaking the rules here.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@tparks: Glitches.....

Thats fine if that is part of their gear.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw: Just saw it. Thanks! Also, since @juiceboks already took the Night Escape Perk, is it going to be night no matter what perk I pick?

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: @juiceboks: Friendly reminader, you have to next Sunday, not this sunday, to finish up.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: @indiecomicsftw: Thanks for the reminder. I'll try to get my first up today.JB, if you're ready, you can go first. Also, I'll take the "Join Me" Perk.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@tparks Yea I have pretty much all the scans I need so I'll post an opening today. Do you need info on my characters? You probably know more about Rocket than I do but what about the others?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tparks

@juiceboks: I've got a pretty good understanding of all your characters. You have an awesome team by the way. It will be fun to debate against the characters on your team.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 juiceboks  Moderator

@tparks You too man. Damn you for picking one of the most OP gunslingers in all of fiction :P But I think my team can manage Roland and the others to make for a good debate as well.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: lol. Ya, Roland is a little ridiculous, but he fit the mold for my Old West team and I couldn't resist.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: @juiceboks: Letting ya know Votes this Sunday. 2 days left to debate it out.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tparks

@indiecomicsftw

:

@juiceboks

:

Using the "JOIN ME" perk.

I'll start off with a team description.

My team

Drake Sinclair

No Caption Provided

Drake Sinclair is what you think of when you think of a Wild West Gunslinger. Fearless, tough, quick, accurate, and never hesitates. What separates him from other cowboys, he carries four guns with very unique qualities. Each gun was forged in hell, never needs to be reloaded and uses no ammunition, and has it's own special powers. Only Drake can touch them too. Anyone who tries to take a gun from Drake, will begin to burn alive just from the touch of his guns.

The First Gun

The First Gun fires with all the power of a cannon.

No Caption Provided

The Second Gun

The Second Gun summons hellfire and spreads the fires of perdition that will ignite any surface it touches.

No Caption Provided

The Third Gun

The Third Gun kills with a flesh rotting disease in seconds.

No Caption Provided

The Fourth Gun

The Fourth Gun raises the dead of any that has been shot down by the gun.

No Caption Provided

Becky Montcrief

No Caption Provided

Becky is also a crack shot and tough as nails. What makes her unique is that she carries the Sixth Gun which is the most powerful of all the six guns from Hell. The Sixth gun, like the other 5, never has to be reloaded and uses no ammunition.

The Sixth Gun

The Sixth Gun has several powers. One of the powers is visions that it gives Becky. These visions show the future to Becky. They show her battles before they happen so she knows how to win them. The visions also warn her of danger. She has used this to avoid gun shots, shoot down her opponents without needing to see where they are, and avoid traps. She can see anything your team plans to do, before they even plan on doing it.

No Caption Provided

The gun also let's her send visions of herself that she uses as traps or diversions.

No Caption Provided

The visions of herself are much more then just plain visions, they are deadly. The visions can shoot energy at their opponent that ignites any surface it touches. There is no limit to how far she can send her visions and it happens instantly. She can use this to spy on your team or slaughter them from a safe distance while never putting herself in harm's way.

No Caption Provided

Jonah Hex

No Caption Provided

Jonah Hex was sold as a slave to an Apache tribe as a child at a young age. He grew up as an Apache, and learned all of their warrior ways. He's great with a knife, a tomahawk, at tracking, and stealth when he needs to. He also was a decorate soldier in the Civil War. He is an expert marksman with any form of firearm. He is also deadly with his civil war sabre he carried even after he left the army and became a bounty hunter. In his lifetime, he was the deadliest person in DC Universe's Wild West.

Jonah Hex's Tomahawk

No Caption Provided

Jonah Hex can throw his Tomahawk faster then his opponent can pick up his gun and fire. He is also dead accurate with it.

Hex's Revolvers and Rifle

Jonah Hex is among the elite when it comes to being a marksman. In all of the issues I've read of him, I've never seen him miss a shot. I admit that I haven't read every issue Hex is been in, but I've read a lot, and he's hit every target he's ever aimed for. He has nothing to fear from zombies or your team because of his incredible shooting.

No Caption Provided

Hex shoots down a bounty without even looking at his target.

No Caption Provided

He shoots the hat off of his opponent from a long distance as a warning shot. His shot is accurate enough to hit the hat but not kill his target.

No Caption Provided

Hex's pin-point accuracy allow him to shoot the ear off of his opponent without killing him.

Hex guns down six men. All six men already had their gun's drawn, but Hex was fast enough and accurate enough to kill them all.

This shows off Hex's ability at shooting long range with hi rifle. He takes out an entire Apache prison camp's guards.

No Caption Provided

A bear attacks Hex. Hex shoots with both of his guns at the same time. Each shot hits a separate eye of the bear.

Hard to kill

Jonah Hex is very hard to kill. Jonah Hex may look unassuming as a close quarters fighter, but he has proven he can take on just about anyone because of his strength, speed, insanely high pain tolerance, and overall toughness.

Scan 1: Hex is fast enough to put down a leaping Apache with a palm thrust. He is then shot in the shoulder, and completely unharmed. He shows no signs of pain or slowing down.

Scan 2: Immediately after being shot, Hex takes out an attacker with a bucket before he can shoot him and tackles a large post that is lit on fire to save the girl who is burning alive. This shows his speed, strength, and pain tolerance are all very high.

Scan 3: Jonah Hex charges another Apache and closes the distance before he can fire an arrow. His incredible strength allows him to toss him a long ways like he weighed next to nothing.

Scan 4: Hex is quick enough to knock a gun to the side before delivering a head shot of his own. He then carries the body of his victim as a shield to absorb bullets from 2 other attackers. He throws the body a long ways into the attackers and then guns them both down.

Scan 5: Hex back hands the nun (she was an evil murdering nun with a bounty on her head) that started this riot before she can pull the trigger, and then tosses her out the window a very long distance.

All of these scans show how strong and fast Hex are. What makes them even more impressive, is that he does all of this with a bullet wound in his shoulder.

Roland Deschain

No Caption Provided

Roland is a Gunslinger. He has been trained since birth to be a living weapon. Roland's accuracy is second to none. He can hit his target's with pinpoint accuracy from impossible distances. The only thing more impressive then his aim is his speed. He can fire with lightning fast reflexes that none can escape from. I won't post any scans of Roland for now, as most people are familiar with his feats. I'll post more of Roland's feats as this debate goes on and we get more into our strategies.

Speaking of strategies...

Strategy

Right off the start, Drake Sinclair will have his Second Gun (hellfire) opening fire in front of your team's position. The gun catches fire to any surface it hits, so he will keep firing and make a wall of fire that does not allow your team to move from their starting position.

No Caption Provided

With his other hand, Drake will be using the Fourth Gun (Raise Dead) to raise a bunch of dead in your teams immediate area. These dead that are raised will make a lot of attention in your position. This will attract all of the zombies in the area to your position. Your team now has hell fire, raised dead, and zombies to deal with and that's just the first seconds of this match with only one of my characters.

After the dead has been raised, Drake will switch the Fourth Gun for the First Gun (cannon). He will use this on your team if they give him an opening. It takes basically no accuracy to fire, as it has a giant AoE. It also hits your team with all of the power of a cannon.

Becky Montcrief is going to use the Sixth gun to project a vision of herself behind your team. This vision can not be harmed by your team, but it can do a lot of damage to your team. This vision will use it's own image of the Sixth Gun to shoot energy projections that burn anything it touches. Even if she misses your team, it will spread even more flames among your team.

Now Your team is dealing with hellfire, raised dead, zombies, and a projection of Becky that is shooting magical burning energy at your team. This all happened in seconds of the battle starting.

As for Roland and Jonah Hex, They are going to start using their sharpshooting skills to snipe down your team. Your team is in no position to fight back with all of the problems they have going on.

Scan 1: Roland is hitting fast accurate shots at "Wolves of the Culla". They are actually just robots dressed like Dr Doom, they are very durable and can only be put down by shooting their antennae and he does this with ease.

Scan 2: Roland shoots down 'Sneetches'. These have the same erratic flight speed and pattern as golden snitches from Harry Potter

Scan 3: Roland hits a Sniper Shot with his revolver from an impossible distance.

Scan 4: I gave a few accuracy feats for Hex earlier, but this shows some of his speed too. He quick draws on 4 men and puts them all down before they can ever even get a gun drawn.

Scan 5: Hex didn't want to kill this girl yet, so he used his incredible accuracy to take out the very small target of her achilles tendon and make her fall from the roof.

I also have the "Join Me" perk, which adds a few members to my team. They are probably nothing more then cannon fodder, but they are also going to come and start spraying more bullets on your position.

Closing

Within seconds of the battle starting, you're team will be surrounded by hellfire, raised dead, zombies, and a ghost image of Becky Montcrief shooting energy projections that also spread flames. You're team will also have to deal with two of the best marksman in comics (or any other form of media as far as that goes), a group of survivors that will continue firing on your team as well, and Drake who is firing on your team with more hellfire and a revolver that shoots with the power of a cannon.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@tparks Alrighty then without further ado..

Wesker

No Caption Provided

Albert Wesker was once a top researcher at the Umbrella enterprises and later went in to becoming part of the Raccoon City Police Department along with Chris and Jill. After a successfully destroying a Tyrant facility, he injected himself with a prototype virus that gave him superhuman physical stats and regeneration. Now, he leads his own worldwide agenda of injecting the entire world with the same virus that turned him into what he is so that he can build an unstoppable army of superhuman soldiers.

Physical Attributes

Wesker's stats and skills are so impressive that he's toyed with the series protagonists in nearly every one of their encounters. Which is greatly impressive considering the caliber of his arch enemies.

Chris and Jill themselves are bullet timers with peak human speed and reflexes.

Loading Video...

To be able to time the path of the lasers and move accordingly without a single scratch requires reflexes and perception of a high human caliber.

Loading Video...

Here Jill dodges two point blank shots that she didn't even expect.

However, despite all of this..they can barely catch a glimpse of Wesker when he doesn't want them to.

Loading Video...

So I think it's safe to say that Wesker can easily move at supersonic speeds. If these trained peak humans can't process his movements, your team will be hardpressed to do so. He has other instances of speedblitzing these and other chracters, but I'll post these for now.

Iron Fist

No Caption Provided

Danny Rand may have been based off of the 1984 movie, but he's far above beating up local bullies and hanging out with old Japanese men. Iron Fist can manipulate chi for a variety of effects, some of which I will soon go into. Even without this amazing ability, Danny has proven to be one of Marvel's top fighters.

Speed/reflexes

Danny can augment his natural peak human reflexes to give him microsecond reaction time in order to perform superhuman feats of speed and reflexes.

Moves faster than the human eye can follow as he ducks past each bullet with ease
Moves faster than the human eye can follow as he ducks past each bullet with ease

Expertly flips and ducks through automatic gunfire
Expertly flips and ducks through automatic gunfire

Not only can he dodge automatic gunfire, but he augment his durability to be able to deflect gunfire as well.

Catches a shield throw from a simulated Captain America and moves to deflect gunshots AFTER they were fired
Catches a shield throw from a simulated Captain America and moves to deflect gunshots AFTER they were fired

Needless to say, his combat speed is impeccable.

He can also augment his chi to increase his striking power. With it, he's done what Namor, Iron Man, Venom, Thing, and other heavy hitters couldn't do and two shotted Luke Cage.

No Caption Provided

Rocket Raccoon

No Caption Provided

Rocket is an anthropomorphic raccoon with an appetite for shooting things and a short fuse. A very deadly combination. He's easily the most recognizable member of the Guardians of the Galaxy and is arguably their most valuable member. He sports futuristic gear including laser pistols, large chaingun lasers, giant plasma cannons, a jetpack, and whatever else he feels like bringing along with him on missions.

General info

Rocket's gear is partially what makes him so dangerous to high tier cosmic characters.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That's about it as far as guns go. Now, MOSTLY what makes him so dangerous is how efficient he is with this weaponry

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He's so accurate, he doesn't even need to look at his targets while flying at high speeds to kill them. This isn't the only time he's done something like this either..

No Caption Provided

I have PLENTY more feats like this so I'll post more if necessary.

Werewolf By Night

No Caption Provided

Jack Russell was once a slave to the curse of the werewolf he inherited. Forcefully turning at the glistening shine of moonlight, he had many ferocious bouts with a large variety of fighters all the while battling his inner feral side. Eventually, he learns to keep a handle on it and has gotten even more powerful since then.

Durability/Regeneration

Jack's most defining characteristic as a werewolf aside form his appearance, is his insane tankiness. Much like Wolverine, he sports a healing factor that allows him to tank stabs, slashes, explosions, bullets, and a whole slew of other types of damage.

Here he gets blasted through a window and lands 100 meters down from the top of a castle onto solid rock. No damage.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Gets punched out by Grey Hulk. Again, no damage.

No Caption Provided

Shot full of bullets. STILL no damage. As a matter of fact if your team isn't packing any silver bullets, they'll be just as successful at putting him down as Hood here was. Then again, even if they are..

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

It's gonna take a lot of silver to put him down.

If you would give me a minute to finish this post with a strategy before replying, that'd be awesome.

Strategy/rebuttal

Right off the start, Drake Sinclair will have his Second Gun (hellfire) opening fire in front of your team's position. The gun catches fire to any surface it hits, so he will keep firing and make a wall of fire that does not allow your team to move from their starting position.

Um, if you really think a wall of hellfire is gonna keep my team in place then I have some sad news for you. It's not. Here's why

Rocket Raccoon has a jetpack as I'm sure you're well aware. And combined with his superhuman strength, he can easily carry one of my teammates to a better position(in this case Danny).

No Caption Provided

Wesker can simply just leap over it. Not much to be said here. He's superhuman..he can do things like that.

Loading Video...

2:35 if you need proof.

As for Jack..

No Caption Provided

Like damn near everything people have tried to harm him with, hellfire has no effect on Russell. As a side note, he's strong enough to pin down Ghost Rider.

Becky Montcrief is going to use the Sixth gun to project a vision of herself behind your team. This vision can not be harmed by your team, but it can do a lot of damage to your team. This vision will use it's own image of the Sixth Gun to shoot energy projections that burn anything it touches. Even if she misses your team, it will spread even more flames among your team

Neat trick. And she might've gotten away with it too, had it not been for my team's meddling noses.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Even if Rocket and Jack had a cold and couldn't use their honkers right, they could look at the person firing hellfire at them and deduce that that's where your team is. And it's not like I have a team of idiots. The illusion is red, for people as strategically inclined as Wesker and Rocket to be fooled by that is..unheard of.

Now, as for as your gunslingers. I'd like to try and explain something with a little concept called Math. You may have some of the greatest gunslingers in all of fiction, but that doesn't change the fact that the speed at which the bullets they shoot travel are significantly slower than what my team is used to dealing with. Why? Because they're using outdated revolvers and rifles.

Modern .45 cals shoot at around 800 fps. That's about 243 m/s which is about 3/4th the speed of sound. That's nowhere close to Wesker's combat speed let alone what would be needed to cause him any sort of issue dodging. Also keep in mind that that's the caliber of gunfire all of my characters are used to dealing with(save for Rocket, who is used to lasers). Regardless of how accurate your team is with their guns, my characters will have no trouble dancing around your shots. Simple as that.

Now as for the plan, Rocket is gonna fly Iron Fist high over the highway between us and power throw him down onto concrete, destroying it with his famous Iron Fist punch.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This great shockwave will clear out any and all zombies within the area and cause a cloud of dust to cover the area for a few seconds.

After he throws Danny, Rocket will fly towards your team and start laying down some cover fire while Jack and Wesker are making their way towards them.

Wesker will be on your team in a few seconds and when that happens, they get dismantled in CQC by someone who is strong enough to oneshot every single one of them. If they aren't downed after the several seconds it would take Jack to get to your side, he cleans up whatever is left. And with the Night Escape perk, Jack will have the moonlight powering him and the added cover of being in darkness helps with my plan as well.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: @tparks: Sry guys, Time is up, and I must be tie breaker. I love both strategies and use of Characters. Werewolf by night fo sho! However I must edge it to Tparks due to his arguments of versatile weapons and range here.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice match @juiceboks. Let me know if you ever want to do a rematch like a CAV or something. I really like the team you picked. We just didn't really use our time well to get a full debate in.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@tparks Yea I apologize for replying so close to the deadline. College application season is now and I've pretty swamped with that. When we get some more time we should definitely do a CAV since I was not satisfied at all with how this turned out(again mostly due to my shortcomings). You picked a great team as well and best of luck on the next rounds.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: Ya, no worries. I cut it pretty close myself. Good luck with applying to college!

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator