Walking Dead Tourney Finals

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Mid Season Finally is coming up for Walking dead, and we are now in the finals of the tourney.

Teams

@sovereign91001

• Blade
  • Ghost Rider 2099
  • Psylocke
  • Black Canary

@tparks:

• Drake Sinclair
  • Becky Montcrief
  • Jonah Hex
  • Roland Deschain

Rules

Important Rules to these matches as follows.

• One Zombie Bite will kill your characters off in 30 second time frame, turning them into Zombies. Exceptions are only characters who are Undead, Dead, Robots, or Specifically Immune to Zombies.
  • Ammo and Gear listed must be realistic. This is the end of the world, things are hard to come by. You can have special weapons, but Ammo for all weapons is limited to 100 rounds. Your not using say Punisher and carrying 500 pounds of gear, that be unrealistic.
  • No Vehicles or outside help. Can use Motorcycles, Horses, Ect.
  • Week and a half of debate, then 3 days for votes!

Battle Ground

Top Team is Red. Bottom Team is Blue.

No Caption Provided

You finally found a place worthy to call home, and it looks like the best chance at another life. the only thing is the Fences have holes in them everywhere and Zombies are still pouring in non stop in waves of 100s at a time. Also the building itself is mostly locked up except the guard towers.

No Caption Provided

No big deal, you can fix all that easy, however what is a big deal is the other groups moving in on your shindig. They are probably plotting as we speak to take you out right now. Another problem is a group of 100 crazy samurai chicks with Zombie pets that are already calling this place home.

No Caption Provided

They will attack both sides while walking among the Zombies, free from their wrath. You need to figure this neat trick out quick.

So to recap, you have 100s of Zombies coming in waves, 100 Michonne level chicks running amok in the middle are of your teams, among the Zombies. Then you must take out this other team before they get you. Living in the Zombie apocalypse is hard work. Winner however reaps the sweet rewards.

Perks

You may pick one perk.

• Bio Bomb - You gain 4 vial shape Grenades that makes a 10 foot gas cloud that forces Zombies to gather and actually run in in mass to that position.
  • Keys to the Armory - You get Infinite Ammo and your choice of Auto Shotguns, M-4 ARs, and a Single Shot Grenade Launcher. You also get Riot Gear that includes Bullet Proof Vests, and Ballistic Shields.
  • The Tank - You get yourself a freaking Tank. Only has 1 shot in the cannon though.
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Awesome.

@cadencev2 Before I make my choice on perks a question, what model of tank are we provided with?

@tparks I must confess that I've wanted to debate you for awhile so I'm looking forward to this, let's have a great debate, yeah?

I'll start by listing gear:

Psylocke

• Katana
  • Current black costume

Black Canary

• Two handguns

Blade

• Motorcycle
  • Adamantium Odachi
  • Knives
  • Silver Stakes
  • Vial of Vampire blood
  • Glavies
  • Hand guns/ w silver point ammo
  • Serum
  • Boot stake
  • Kevlar Vest
  • Trenchcoat
  • Sunglasses

Ghost Rider 2099

• Motorcycle
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@sovereign91001

: Ya, I'm looking forward to this one too! This should be a fun one.

I'll list my equipment also. I'll also include some scans of them using the powers their equipment gives them so you get an idea of what they can do.

Drake Sinclair

Drake carries four of a set of six demon guns that were forged in hell. Each one of them requires no ammunition to fire and never needs to be reloaded.

The First Gun

The First Gun fires with all the power of a cannon.

No Caption Provided

The Second Gun

The Second Gun summons hellfire and spreads the fires of perdition that will ignite any surface it touches.

No Caption Provided

The Third Gun

The Third Gun kills with a flesh rotting disease in seconds. (He'll leave this one holstered actually, one-shot insta-kills are probably too powerful for this tourny. He will only use this on zombies or nothing at all)

No Caption Provided

The Fourth Gun

The Fourth Gun raises the dead of any that has been shot down by the gun.

No Caption Provided

Becky Montcrief

The Sixth Gun

Like the rest of the six gun set, the Sixth Gun does not requite ammunition and never needs to be reloaded.

The Sixth Gun has several powers. One of the powers is visions that it gives Becky. These visions show the future to Becky. They show her dangers just before they happen so she knows how to avoid or counter them (almost like a spider sense, but with actual visions of what will happen). These dangers can be to herself or her team. She has used this to avoid gun shots, shoot down her opponents without needing to see where they are, and avoid traps. She can also see visions of the present if the gun thinks it will protect Becky somehow or guide her down a safe path.

No Caption Provided

The gun also let's her send visions of herself that she uses as traps or diversions.

No Caption Provided

The spirit projections of herself are much more then just plain visions, they are deadly. Her spirit can shoot energy at her opponents that ignites any surface it touches . There is no limit to how far she can send her spirit and it happens instantly. Just to be fair and to give you a complete understanding of this power, her physical body is still tangible and vulnerable while she projects her spirit. (I will only have her use this power sparingly for offensive purposes and to counter otherwise impossible strategies, because the last few debates I've used her with have been argued that this ability is too overpowered, and she fights just fine without this ability anyways. I just want to keep this fun!)

No Caption Provided

Jonah Hex

1. 2 Revolvers (48 rounds)
  2. Lever Action Rifle (32 rounds)
  3. Civil War Sabre
  4. Booey Knife
  5. Tomahawk
  6. 3 sticks of dynamite
  7. Matches

Roland Deschain

1. 2 Gunslinger Revolvers. Sandalwood grips with barrels forged from the ancient sword Excalibur of Arthur Eld. (84 rounds)
Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Alrighty, do you wanna start us off?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: I probably won't have a chance to post today. I might be able to later tonight, but if you're ready before I get to it, feel free to post an opener.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tparks

@sovereign91001:

So here's my opener!

As for the perk, I'll take keys to the armory.

Refer to my equipment post above if you want to see all of the equipment my team is carrying (besides what I take with the perk which will be described in my strategy).

Please refer to this map for my strategy:

No Caption Provided

Before I do anything, Drake is going to raise as many dead as needed to carry all of the weapons from the perk I chose. @cadencev2 Can you give me a count on how many of each weapon is available? They will also be outfitting themselves with the armor and shields. An undead army with infinite ammo and armor, I like it!

The first part of my strategy deals with:

1. Fire!

As I posted above in Drake Sinclair's equipment, the Second Gun spreads the flames of perdition. Drake is going to light the entire area behind him first and the building just next to him. Next he's going to be making a B line straight to the other side of the basketball courts as shown in my map above. The entire time he is running, he will be lighting up the fence behind the team to keep any zombies from sneaking up behind his team. He will then turn and light light up the entire prison block to the north of his position.

The flames will look something like this.

No Caption Provided

This brings me to the second step of the team's strategy:

2. Getting in position

What Drake has done is altered the battlefield so the only safe place to try and close the distance on my team is directly in front of my team. in a wide open field with no cover. That's a pretty dangerous place to be when my team has the two of the best marksman (if not THE best) in comics and really any media.

Roland Deschain will be heading for the watchtower in the South East corner (see map). Along the way he will be gunning down any zombies that threaten Drake while he is lighting up the battlefield. Roland can reload each of his guns in less then a second because of a trick he's learned with his fingers to reload all the bullets with lightning fast reflexes and hand movements, so the zombies will be no threat to him. He's capable of doing this while in full gallop on a horse, so running will be no problem.

No Caption Provided

Roland should be able to get perched in his watch tower pretty quickly. (That will be his first trip to a tower that didn't take 22 years to write, by the way)

Jonah Hex will also be heading with the other two. He'll be helping Roland in clearing zombies out of our team's new staging area to keep the zombies away from Drake. Jonah Hex will be dealing with these with his melee weapons.

He's dead accurate and fast with his Tomahawk. In the scan below he is able to take out his opponent before they can get a shot off by hitting his opponent in the head. This works out well for him for quick head shot kills on zombies.

No Caption Provided

He will also be using his Civil War Sabre to take down any zombies that get too close. The scan below shows off just how talented and fast Hex is with his sabre. Three men all draw on Hex before he even has a weapon drawn. They fire three bullets at the same time. Hex is so fast that he can draw his sabre and deflect all three bullets that were being shot at him from almost point blank range. He then takes out two of his attackers with one swing of his sabre. Another shot is fired from the only surviving attacker that Hex also deflects with his sabre before stabbing him in the heart.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hex can definitely take care of himself with his sabre. I've noticed on this site that a lot of people in the battle forums underestimate Hex's physicals just because he is not in the main timeline with the rest of the DC characters. This couldn't be further from the truth. Hex is a top tier street level character in pure physicals, but no one really realizes this just because he is an Old West character.

Hex should also get into position pretty quickly.

Becky will head straight down to the area I have marked for her. She is an important part of my team's movements, as she will get warnings of any unseen dangers that my team doesn't see, be it zombies or your team. She is very capable of dealing with dangers like this as seen below in the scans. Becky was bout to be gunned down by Missy Hume. She gets a warning and shoots Missy Hume before Hume even gets a chance to pull the trigger. The only reason Missy Hume did not die is because she is in possession of the 5th Gun that gives her a healing factor that is better then Wolverines.

No Caption Provided

But a healing factor is not something that will slow Becky down when she wants an opponent put down. She finishes Missy Hume with her combat speed. She is able to cut off Hume's hand before she can pull the trigger. This separates her and the 5th Gun and slows down her hearling factor.

No Caption Provided

What I've explained so far shows how my team will get into position. This spot gives the team several tactical advantages which brings me to the third part of this strategy:

3. Using range to my team's advantage

Now that my team is sitting safe, with zero threat of zombies for the moment, Drake is going to summon whatever is remaining of his 100 summons allowed in this tournament. Refer to my map to see the yellow area they will be in. All of these summons are undead husks. They will be carrying Auto Shotguns, M-4ARs, armor, and carrying ballistic shields and infinite ammo. The ones who did not get a gun from the armory will be carrying Old West weapons like rifles and revolvers that they are naturally summoned with. All of these summons are going to be putting their infinite ammo to use. They are going to be spraying bullets at your team. Even someone with terrible aim is going to get lucky even on bullet dodgers with this much lead flying. Not only will your team look like swiss cheese by time this is through, but they will have all the zombies in the area attracted to your team's area because of the army marching towards your team making all kinds of noise towards your team's area. These undead husks have experience with zombies too, as they have fought and beaten General Oliander Hume's zombie army and won that battle.

No Caption Provided

Drake will now holster the Fourth Gun and be using the First Gun in one of his hands. This gun fires with the power of a cannon. He barely even has to aim to hit his target as the area of effect is gigantic and does extreme explosive damage.

No Caption Provided

As soon as your team gets into range of this cannon, there is no dodging it and there is no cover to hide behind.

With his other hand, he will be using the Second Gun that ignites Hellfire with anything it's shots come in contact with. Even if he misses your team with this gun, he will be burning the area right next to them which will still put them in immediate danger.

No Caption Provided

Jonah Hex will holster his revolvers and melee weapons for the time being as he will not be in any immediate dangers with the zombie population in my teams area taken out and a wall of hellfire to keep any other zombies from coming near my team.

The most important thing to note about Jonah Hex is that he has never missed a shot. He's never had a shot that was even slightly off target. Every single one of his bullets has been placed completely on target. I don't see him starting a trend of missing now. I admit that I don't own every single one of Hex's comics, but there are only a few that I haven't read, so if you can find a scan of him missing somewhere, we can debate about his accuracy, but I'm assuming he has never missed in his lifetime.

Here are just a few examples of his accuracy:

• Scan 1: Shoots a kill shot at his opponent without even looking at him
  • Scan 2: Shoots from long range a warning shot with his rifle. He is able to shoot the hat of of the head of his target while purposely barely missing his head.
  • Scan 3: Shoots the ear off of someone who thinks he is stabbing Hex, but is actually stabbing an empty bedroll. Hex shows incredible accuracy by shooting only the ear and not the head which would kill him.
  • This shows off Hex's ability at shooting long range with his rifle. He takes out an entire Apache prison camp's guards from a long distance.

Hex will be sitting safe and gunning down your team from a long range with his rifle. Like I said, he's never missed before, so this does not bode well for your team.

Hex isn't the only one who has never missed a shot on my team. Roland Deschain never once missed a shot in all 7 novels of the Dark Tower, the novella Wind through the Key Hole, or the Marvel Comic Series.

Roland is positioned in the guard tower. From this height, he has a complete view of the entire battlefield. With his accuracy and ability to fire at range, he can snipe kill shots with ease.

Here's a head shot from Roland that was taken at an extremely long distance. I've heard it said on the forums that this shot was over a mile with his revolver. I don't know if it was that long, but it doesn't really matter because the battlefield isn't even close to being that long.

No Caption Provided

This shows Roland can easily hit targets at a range, but he can also hit targets moving at high speeds. In the scans below, Roland is shooting "Sneetches". "Sneetches" are flying bombs. They get the name Sneetch because they are modeled after golden snitches from Quidditch from the Harry Potter Series. They fly in the same erratic high speed flight patterns, yet Roland was able to shoot them down with ease even after spending an entire day without food or water.

Roland will have no problem making dead accurate shots on your team as soon as they leave the starting area.

Becky, will be back keeping out of the immediate danger at first. She will use her gun to project her spirit to scout your team to make sure they don't try any tricks like invisibility or anything else unexpected. Her spirit will also be able to spread magical fire to block off any routes that your team might try and take to avoid the rest of my team's range in the open field. The scans below show how this power works and the magic energy damage she is capable of while doing this. (As I said earlier, I won't have her using this for any cheap shots right from the start, she is just scouting the area and keeping your team in check).

When her spirit return, Becky will be watching to make sure no zombies somehow sneak through towards our team while also watching for anything sneaky from your team. If anything at all puts Becky or the team in serious danger, the gun will let her know.

She can also ask the gun to show her what is currently happening on areas of the battlefield that she is not physically in without having to project her spirit to do so. The gun will show her images of anything that is important to her and her team winning this battle making her a near perfect scout in this fight. The scan below shows Becky getting a warning that Drake is in danger of being tortured to death with venomous insects. The gun shows her where to go to save him.

No Caption Provided

Summary

• Drake is limiting the usable battlefield to directly in front of my team where there is no cover for your team.
  • Drake is raising dead that are carrying the weapons from my perk with infinite ammo. His army of 100 raised dead are spraying bullets at and attracting zombies to your team.
  • Roland and Hex are clearing out all the zombies in the area while moving to get into their positions.
  • Roland is sniping from the guard tower with his incredible accuracy and range
  • Hex is doing the same as Roland, but from ground level a little further from Roland. This gives my team a great crossfire on your team with two amazing marksman.
  • Drake is in position firing on your team with a gun that shoots with the power of a cannon, and a gun that spreads hellfire with anything it comes in contact with.
  • Becky is scouting the area with the Sixth Gun's abilities, and keeping the team safe with danger warnings.

Your move. I'm looking forward to your reply!

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks excellent, I'll have something for you before tommorrow.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: you have one weapon for each character.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: you have one weapon for each character.

Ok. Thanks. Does this include the shields and armor too? Also, does my entire team get infinite ammo even if they are not using the guns from the armory, but are using the guns they brought with them?

@tparks excellent, I'll have something for you before tommorrow.

Sounds good. I'll have to edit a few comments in my post to account for only 4 guns in the armory so it doesn't confuse people when it comes to voting.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Ammo for all your modern day weapons, and one gun and gear for every character.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks I don't think the ammo/gun extends to the summons, @cadencev2 could you clarify this point? Anywho let's get started.

As for choice of a perk I'll be taking the zombie bait, Dinah will hold onto all of these.

The biggest problem I see is that you've essentially walled your team in on three sides, while that was a clever idea to force my team to attack from a certain way, it's also limited your ability to maneuver. That's why my team is going to take this match.

Blade and Ghost Rider will start by moving north and cutting a hole through the fence, clearing out any walkers they come along the way. While they're doing this Betsy will use her telepathy to begin scanning for the location of your team, the first thing she's going to notice is Becky's astral projection observing my team (if she hasn't sensed her already) Betsy will engage her in telepathic combat, I'm going to hazard a guess and say that Betsy has the greater combat experience and power advantage in astral combat and can likely take Becky out fairly quickly resulting her being knocked out. Betsy will then scan the battlefield and note your teams positions and read their minds, learn about their weapons, where they are stored and what their plan of attack is.

Between the fire (massive shimmer and all that) and the buildings Roland shouldn't have line of sight on my team to be able to snipe, if he does I'll have Betsy play with his aim with her TP or project illusions into his mind

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That being done my team will board the two motorcycles and proceed through the holes Blade and G.R made. moving northeast to the field right outside the north eastern guard tower (taking out any walkers along the way). Once there Betsy will hop off and using her telekinesis will fly moving southwest, looping around and coming over the south fence (making sure to stay above the line of sight the guard tower Roland is in. This will place her above your team, from there she'll telekinetically pull your teams weapons to her, disarming your team . She'll use the fourth gun to assume control of your undead army, if that's not possible she'll destroy the gun with her TK and or kill Drake, whatever is required so that she either controls or neutralizes the army. While she's doing this my team will move into position. Betsy will give the all clear with her TP once she has neutralized or assumed control of the undead army at which point my team will come charging in from the north, Dinah will drop the zombie bait, forcing the walkers to go after that instead of my team.

From there my team will take yours out yours with heat vision, the canary cry and Blade's guns. Betsy will continue to provide air support if needed. The hellfire has boxed your team in so they can't retreat and perhaps more importantly they can't approach my team and prevent them from moving along the other side of the map, allowing my team to set up as needed.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tparks

@cadencev2 said:

@tparks: @sovereign91001: Guns and Ammo is only for the main characters.

I still have to edit my post to take out anything that I wrote that would be against the rules. Is it allowed for the main characters to give the weapons they take from the perk to the summons? There would only be 4 summons with these weapons because of this.

@sovereign91001 I'll get a post up later when I get a chance.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: Sorry, the holiday weekend has been crazy with inlaws in town. I haven't logged on to this site since last Wednesday. I'll get a reply as soon as possible.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tparks

@sovereign91001: I'll try and get a post up tonight, but my work has gotten beyond crazy. I still pop into this site, but it's never for more then a few minutes at a time. If I can't get a post tonight, I'll concede so I don't slow this down anymore.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: I'd rather not win through a forfeit; do you need more time to debate, like a week or so?

@cadencev2 would you be opposed to moving the deadline ahead an extra week or so, so Tparks and I can get a debate going? Assuming he is willing to continue.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: I'd rather not win through a forfeit; do you need more time to debate, like a week or so?

@cadencev2 would you be opposed to moving the deadline ahead an extra week or so, so Tparks and I can get a debate going? Assuming he is willing to continue.

You guys have till next friday.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sovereign91001
tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: @cadencev2: Sorry guys, been out of commission with some health problems in the family. I'll see if I can get something going tonight. I feel bad I left you hanging.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@sovereign91001: @cadencev2: Sorry guys, been out of commission with some health problems in the family. I'll see if I can get something going tonight. I feel bad I left you hanging.

Its cool, I been busy with work myself and too tired to do much anything.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Fine by me, I'd like to get a debate going in here.

@tparks Get on and post!