• 76 results
#51 Posted by jashro44 (52473 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Falcon. Peter was ridiculously overplayed compared to his own movie in Civil War so I don't even take that fight seriously.

What do you mean?

#52 Posted by Sy8000 (35234 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@highaccuser said:

Still Falcon. Peter was ridiculously overplayed compared to his own movie in Civil War so I don't even take that fight seriously.

What do you mean?

He was much more effective combat wise with way better avoidance (running around Falcon's gunfire as opposed to getting easily tagged by that gravity gun). Honestly I don't see how the guy from Homecoming could ever beat Winter Soldier let alone trash him with a teammate. He was just up-played so Cap beating him would look impressive and it's not consistent with his own movie which I think takes priority here (especially since it's where he actually fought Vulture).

#53 Edited by jashro44 (52473 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: I think your making a bigger deal about being tagged by the gravity gun than it is. Spider-man wasn't really fighting those thugs seriously and the gravity gun is a more advanced weapon than what Falcon uses. It was also fired at point blank range as well. Bucky could have been tagged in that scene as well (admittedly if he fought out of character, Bucky is less likely to toy with fodder and give them a chance).

Plus I am pretty sure that scene was just meant to show the chitarui tech that vulture was selling.

#54 Posted by Sy8000 (35234 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

@highaccuser: I think your making a bigger deal about being tagged by the gravity gun than it is. Spider-man wasn't really fighting those thugs seriously and the gravity gun is a more advanced weapon than what Falcon uses.

It's not like it would've been much different with a gun and nothing suggests it's faster than bulletsv.

It was also fired at point blank range as well. Bucky could have been tagged in that scene as well (admittedly if he fought out of character, Bucky is less likely to toy with fodder and give them a chance).

He could've, but he has an excuse given he's much less agile than Peter and can't jump around as much. But that wasn't the comparison I was making, I'm saying he was a lot easier to tag than he looked in Civil War. He even got tagged by the first Shocker IIRC.

Plus I am pretty sure that scene was just meant to show the chitarui tech that vulture was selling.

Which would've happened regardless.

#55 Posted by jashro44 (52473 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser:

It's not like it would've been much different with a gun

I disagree. The beam from the gravity gun is much larger than a bullet.

and nothing suggests it's faster than bulletsv.

We don't know anything about it. All we know is its an alien weapons which is far more advanced than an earth gun. We can't actually say one way or the other.

He could've, but he has an excuse given he's much less agile than Peter and can't jump around as much. But that wasn't the comparison I was making, I'm saying he was a lot easier to tag than he looked in Civil War. He even got tagged by the first Shocker IIRC.

The bank was a very enclosed space. Peter didn't have much room. I know you weren't making a comparison but your argument is the way Peter was in home coming he couldn't have beaten Bucky or Falcon like he did in civil war. I disagree with that so I made a comparison. Its not like spider-man is the first live action character to be tagged by fodder.

The first shocker did punch him. Peter just ran at him. I guess he didn't notice the gauntlets and Hermen just turned around suddenly. I would think the idea was that he surprised Peter. Keep in mind spider-sense in the MCU is just enhanced senses.

Which would've happened regardless.

Actually no. IIRC if Peter never encountered those robbers he wouldn't have encountered the weapons deal.

#56 Posted by LocusTheSlayer (64 posts) - - Show Bio

Falcon

#57 Edited by JediXMan (42486 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

He only found the weapons deal because he saw blue beams from the distance. Otherwise, he was going to that party. The bank robbery had nothing to do with Peter finding the weapons deal.

#58 Posted by jashro44 (52473 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@jashro44:

He only found the weapons deal because he saw blue beams from the distance. Otherwise, he was going to that party. The bank robbery had nothing to do with Peter finding the weapons deal.

Fair enough. I guess I forgot that.

#59 Posted by Sy8000 (35234 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

I disagree. The beam from the gravity gun is much larger than a bullet.

It was aimed dead on and he didn't even try dodging.

We don't know anything about it. All we know is its an alien weapons which is far more advanced than an earth gun. We can't actually say one way or the other.

It wasn't even really a weapon, but Peter didn't even try dodging.

The bank was a very enclosed space. Peter didn't have much room. I know you weren't making a comparison but your argument is the way Peter was in home coming he couldn't have beaten Bucky or Falcon like he did in civil war. I disagree with that so I made a comparison.

It's more that it's just one instance and in general Peter did nothing in Homecoming that would lend credibility to beating Bucky when he has very poor situational awareness and skill and would probably just lose his nerves. It's more his overall combat showings that don't add up than just dodging projectiles.

Its not like spider-man is the first live action character to be tagged by fodder.

No, but he's tagged in rather embarrassing manners especially for someone with the avoidance capabilities he should have.

The first shocker did punch him. Peter just ran at him. I guess he didn't notice the gauntlets and Hermen just turned around suddenly. I would think the idea was that he surprised Peter. Keep in mind spider-sense in the MCU is just enhanced senses.

Does he even have enhanced sense in the MCU? I still don't really see how someone with that low situational awareness would ever beat Bucky.

#60 Edited by jashro44 (52473 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser:

It was aimed dead on and he didn't even try dodging.

Now your saying Peter didn't even try to dodge it? How could it even be a low showing in that case?

It's more that it's just one instance and in general Peter did nothing in Homecoming that would lend credibility to beating Bucky when he has very poor situational awareness and skill and would probably just lose his nerves. It's more his overall combat showings that don't add up than just dodging projectiles.

He didn't actually fight any established characters. And honestly a lot of stuff that your saying are low showings could have happened to Bucky. Bucky can be caught by surprise. And even cap's been shot by chitarui weapons during the avengers who is Bucky's direct superior.

No, but he's tagged in rather embarrassing manners especially for someone with the avoidance capabilities he should have.

I don't think anything was really that embarassing aside from maybe being punched by Hermen.

Does he even have enhanced sense in the MCU? I still don't really see how someone with that low situational awareness would ever beat Bucky.

Yea the MCU guide book confirmed it. And its not like Buckys awareness is that good. He's been caught by surprise several times like from black widow. And while I don't think Bucky is a skilless brute, out of the super soldiers he is the most reliant on raw stats. Unlike Cap he couldn't overcome Peters raw stats. He had no way of surprising.

#61 Posted by THORSON (4973 posts) - - Show Bio

this is a joke right? vulture owns Falcon in a tech vs tech battle....hand to hand falcon would win.

#62 Posted by APEX_pretador (20341 posts) - - Show Bio

Vulture stomps

#63 Edited by Znikt (139 posts) - - Show Bio

Vulture can't even touch Falcon. He was evading helicarrier cannons and machine fire causally and also a Jet trailing directly behind him firing missiles that followed him.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#64 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6620 posts) - - Show Bio

Falcon. The only reason Spidey didn’t destroy Vulture in Homecoming is because of bad writers who hilariously nerfed him,

#65 Posted by ga14de (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Vulture have talons, strong hydraulic metal ones.

One thing I thought when I first saw MCU Falcon, is that he should have at least have a lightweight brace that runs along the side of the legs. Just to protect his leg bones, knees and ankles from shock during combat. Whenever he flies, I think his legs would just be dangling and won't be able to survive the g-forces. He'll be prone to hip displacement.

I was glad Vulture had one, a little too bulky with claws and all, but it goes with the rest of the gear.

#66 Posted by DioxinYo (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes we all know Vulture did much better against Spidey than Falcon did (kinda pissed that both Falcon AND Bucky got served so shamefully, to be completely honest)

But this a different fight, with different ability matchups.

Still think Vulture would win.

#67 Posted by solo788 (830 posts) - - Show Bio

Id back falcon, he didn't use munitions against Peter. With bullets/rockets and no morals I'd say he makes a splatter of vulture

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
#68 Posted by ProteusXManRxis (4446 posts) - - Show Bio

Falcon.

#69 Posted by solo788 (830 posts) - - Show Bio

Also the airport scene in which they fought was just small enough for falcon to not maneuver but just large enough where buckey couldn't get in close. Vulture had the advantage in open air in pretty much every fight in homecoming

#70 Posted by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

Falcon literally has nothing on Vulture.

#71 Posted by Zemoftw (1486 posts) - - Show Bio

Falcon easily

#72 Posted by g2_ (11417 posts) - - Show Bio

R.I.P Falcon.

#73 Posted by Monsoon1997 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity War Bump

#74 Posted by MarvelKid03 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a hard one guys, but I would say that Falcon would win. Even with Vultures wings being bullet proof, Falcon could still probably get a good shot at Vulture and Sam has better hand to hand combat. But it would still be a close call, it also kind of depends on if Vulture has his blaster or not but then again Sam could easily use Redwing to his advantage.

#75 Posted by modernww2fare (7047 posts) - - Show Bio

After IW, Falcon

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
#76 Edited by deactivated-5c830d4e319e6 (4952 posts) - - Show Bio

Falcon stomps. Vulture can't touch him & Sam can potentially one-shot.