• 136 results
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Static Shock

The battle takes place in Times Square with innocent bystanders and backed-up traffic... Who wins?

No Caption Provided

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Andferne

I think with all those cars and buildings its a no contest for Mags. Its like giving him an arsenal. But I'm not too sure on how powerful Vulcan is, so unless people can show me otherwise then my vote stays for Mags.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Saturn

I think Magneto would win here since he has the advatage of using the metal from the enviorment that surrounds him. Though I think Vulcan could give him a decent fight since he does have high level Energy Manipulation powers.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Static Shock

I don't think I made this one sided, based on the environment. But, I'm sure Vulcan could pull this one off by manipulating the electromagnetic energy in Magneto's body. Other than that, I don't really know. Don't let the environment make you think it's a given for Mags.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Andferne

I'm just not sure what all Vulcan is capable of. I've read his page here a number of times to try and figure him out last week, and thought with his powers he would be a fight for almost any non cosmic level person.

Just not sure of how much control he has over the powers listed. I still have to give it to Mags. The man is smart and a master of his powers. I think he easily has the experience on his side and knows his powers a lot better than Vulcan knows his.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn

Static Shock says:

"I don't think I made this one sided, based on the environment. But, I'm sure Vulcan could pull this one off by manipulating the electromagnetic energy in Magneto's body. Other than that, I don't really know. Don't let the environment make you think it's a given for Mags."

This is True. But other than Magneto using a Force Field to buy himself some temporary time here to use the Metal in his surroundings to his advantage against Vulcan I dont know if Magneto could really do anything else with Vulcan since he can control energy.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Static Shock

King Saturn says:

"This is True. But other than Magneto using a Force Field to buy himself some temporary time here to use the Metal in his surroundings to his advantage against Vulcan I dont know if Magneto could really do anything else with Vulcan since he can control energy. "

A magnetic force field isn't going to keep Vulcan from manipulating or using Magneto's electromagnetic energy against him. I have a feeling that anything energy-based that Mags tries to use against Vulcan would probably be negated, nullified, or used against him.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn

Static Shock says:

"King Saturn says:
"This is True. But other than Magneto using a Force Field to buy himself some temporary time here to use the Metal in his surroundings to his advantage against Vulcan I dont know if Magneto could really do anything else with Vulcan since he can control energy. "
A magnetic force field isn't going to keep Vulcan from manipulating or using Magneto's electromagnetic energy against him. I have a feeling that anything energy-based that Mags tries to use against Vulcan would probably be negated, nullified, or used against him. "

Good Point.

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

Static Shock says:

"I don't think I made this one sided, based on the environment. But, I'm sure Vulcan could pull this one off by manipulating the electromagnetic energy in Magneto's body. Other than that, I don't really know. Don't let the environment make you think it's a given for Mags."

Manipulating the electromagnetic energy, of the master of electromagnetism, I seriously doubt that. Magneto has the experience, and can use his powers in ways Vulcan can only dream of, so I doubt Vulcan can defeat him by that means. Magneto has faster reaction time, so the first attack goes to him, he also is a master strategist and a lot smarter. Also didn't Vulcan had problems with Polaris, whose power output, and manipulation is way under that of Magneto?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Static Shock

Fantasma Ghost says:

"Manipulating the electromagnetic energy, of the master of electromagnetism, I seriously doubt that. Magneto has the experience, and can use his powers in ways Vulcan can only dream of, so I doubt Vulcan can defeat him by that means. Magneto has faster reaction time, so the first attack goes to him, he also is a master strategist and a lot smarter. Also didn't Vulcan had problems with Polaris, whose power output, and manipulation is way under that of Magneto?"

Magneto can use his powers any way he wants to. But, what can he do stop Vulcan from manipulating his own energy? And, I'm not talking about Polaris.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I say Magnus.His intellect matched with his powers is too great for Vulcan.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Static Shock

Hmmmm... I'm gonna have to make a case for Vulcan later, 'cause I'm at work...

Blankspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Blankspot

Experience and homefield advantage wins out in this fight. The one edge Vulcan may have is Magneto may not know the extent of Vulcan's powers causing him to not go full bore against the kid from the start. I think this may give Vulcan a little bump but in the long run it will be Magneto's strategy and constant barrage of power and intellect that will do in Vulcan who can lose the center he needs to win this fight.

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

Static Shock says:

"Fantasma Ghost says:
"Manipulating the electromagnetic energy, of the master of electromagnetism, I seriously doubt that. Magneto has the experience, and can use his powers in ways Vulcan can only dream of, so I doubt Vulcan can defeat him by that means. Magneto has faster reaction time, so the first attack goes to him, he also is a master strategist and a lot smarter. Also didn't Vulcan had problems with Polaris, whose power output, and manipulation is way under that of Magneto?"

Magneto can use his powers any way he wants to. But, what can he do stop Vulcan from manipulating his own energy? And, I'm not talking about Polaris."

You are not, but I am,because its the perfect example, someone with similar powers but a lot weaker than Magneto. What can he do? a lot of things, since his reaction time is faster he gets the first shot in, and that could very well be the start of the end, can he manipulate his energy before M shuts his brain off, uses the iron in his blood against him, or attacks on both inside of his body and out at the same time?. Magneto basically controls all forms of energy, so I doubt that Vulcan can control his energy as you are pointing out.
Post Edited:2008-06-05 19:41:31

Insignia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Insignia

Hmmm, is Magneto officially Omega Class? I thought Vulcan was, so I suppose that would give him an edge. Also couldn't Vulcan take/mimic super-powers?

Haven't read that much about him to be honest so don't quote me.

Blankspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Blankspot

Vance Astro says:

"Insignia says:
"Hmmm, is Magneto officially Omega Class? I thought Vulcan was, so I suppose that would give him an edge. Also couldn't Vulcan take/mimic super-powers? Haven't read that much about him to be honest so don't quote me."
Omega level doesn't give you an edge over anyone...Omegas are just really powerful.I mean Storm isn't offically classified but Tony Stark said she was on that level,so I would assume Magnus is also."

Exactly if you look at it from a real world point James Braddock, older slower beats the more powerful man, Baer. Ali vs Tyson while Tyson has the power Ali is faster and a better strategist. High power does not mean a win thats why the russian team was able to beat the NHL all stars, a whole lot of talent and power but no experience playing together. Experience wins this fight.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Insignia says:

"Hmmm, is Magneto officially Omega Class? I thought Vulcan was, so I suppose that would give him an edge. Also couldn't Vulcan take/mimic super-powers? Haven't read that much about him to be honest so don't quote me."

Omega level doesn't give you an edge over anyone...Omegas are just really powerful.I mean Storm isn't offically classified but Tony Stark said she was on that level,so I would assume Magnus is also.

Insignia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Insignia

And the thing about the superpower manipulation? Would that not help?

Blankspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Blankspot

Insignia says:

"And the thing about the superpower manipulation? Would that not help?"

Sure it would help but fact is Vulcan is a relative rookie who would become easily overconfident against an opponent who will know just which buttons to push. Vulcan is relying solely on his overwhelming strength making him a one trick pony for the time being. Have Vulcan take on some heavy hitters in their own arena then come back and fight Magneto he might just win that fight if he can keep Magneto in space where he has the edge.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By IcePrince_X

I see Vulcan winning this unless Marvel depowers him alittle because the way he was presented in comics is a bit too much.

But in terms of power manipulation, I have to hand it to Magneto, he has no morals in using it as long as he gets what he wants.

lboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lboy

Magneto would destroy Vulcan!!!!!!!!!!

KR1$UPR3M3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KR1$UPR3M3

it's been done megneto wins

Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Nitric

If The Fight Goes Longer Than A Minute, I Give It To Magneto Out Of Experience With His Powers And The Intellect To Beat Vulcan, But If Vulcan Unleashes All He Has From The Get Go, His Raw Power Trumps Magneto.

Quick Win = Vulcan

Drawn Out Battle = Magneto

Villinova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Villinova

Good point Nitric...I totally agree YAY! I'm a follower!

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By the creator

As for Vulcan absorbing others powers:

Vulcan does not appear to be able to absorb powers or duplicate them like Mimic or Rogue does. He does however have the ability to use the powers of others by manipulating the energy in their brain. So rather than absorb their powers, he made use of their powers remotly - so the power projection originates from the owner.

He did this with Marvel Girl when he originally captured Marvel Girl and Cyclops. He simply flicked the on switch in her head and remotly control her projection of her power. This is not the same as absorbing powers.

If he can absorb peoples powers why did he not absorb those of Wolverine, whom he has encountered, to provide him with a healing factor and then he would not have needed a bionic eye replacement after his fight with the Sh'iar guard.

Here's a quote from the online Marvel Universe site, "Vulcan has thus far demonstrated the psionic ability to control energy, this allows him to project radiation along the electromagnetic spectrum, control magnetism, conduct electrical energy, generate heat, control Cyclops' energy beams, and the ability to control the psionic abilities of others. He has also acquired the abilities of his teammates Petra (geokinesis), Darwin (advanced adaptation), and Sway (time manipulation) after his revival."

He did absorb the powers of the former teamates but this was a one off occurence (after his encounter with Krakoa) and he was forced to ejected Darwin's essence (and powers) from his body and the other absorbed mutants abilities appear to have faded as well (but only time will tell). He has stuck to his basic powers in most later appearances - that of a powerful energy projector / manipulator.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Static Shock

Creator, how do you think he would fare against Magneto?

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By the creator

I think that Comicvine V2 has lost some of this threads later posts but here we go again.

Magneto seems to have the faster reaction speed in my opinion. As long as he can either strike exceptional quickly or from a very long distance (as we don't know the full range of Vulcan's powers), then he has a good chance to win.

If he fails to stop Vulcan in this first attack, then Vulcan can and will take over Magneto's powers and claim the win.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By HellionVulcan
Static Shock said:
"

King Saturn says:

A magnetic force field isn't going to keep Vulcan from manipulating or using Magneto's electromagnetic energy against him. I have a feeling that anything energy-based that Mags tries to use against Vulcan would probably be negated, nullified, or used against him.

"
Yup plus the fact Vulcan can suppress any or all magneto ability's & win that way .. .
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Static Shock

Bump.

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

Vulcan, at this point it's almost a given that Mags cannot affect him directly w/ his powers b/c Vulcan will simply negate the effects or take control of the energy himself. I mean check out the scans of him pwning Adam Warlock http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=2654&disp=table Magnus is going to have to concentrate on Throwing all that metal around, but i think Vulcan can handle it. Vulcan wins this.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Static Shock
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
"
@Emerald_General_Jai said:
"I mean check out the scans of him pwning Adam Warlock 
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=2654&disp=table "
Hmmm... Adam could have ended that with ease. "

And how is that? Adam, above all the other members of his team knows he has to put a stop to this war b4 it destroys space-time itself. There is no reason to think he's holding back, and yet it only takes Vulcan a few minutes to ascertain, familiarize himself w/, and then take control of the energy Adam's throwing around and up until this point he's had no real encounters w/ magic b4.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Static Shock
"And how is that? Adam, above all the other members of his team knows he has to put a stop to this war b4 it destroys space-time itself. There is no reason to think he's holding back, and yet it only takes Vulcan a few minutes to ascertain, familiarize himself w/, and then take control of the energy Adam's throwing around and up until this point he's had no real encounters w/ magic b4. "
Adam could have taken his soul if he wanted. Ending the fight quickly....
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
"
"And how is that? Adam, above all the other members of his team knows he has to put a stop to this war b4 it destroys space-time itself. There is no reason to think he's holding back, and yet it only takes Vulcan a few minutes to ascertain, familiarize himself w/, and then take control of the energy Adam's throwing around and up until this point he's had no real encounters w/ magic b4. "
Adam could have taken his soul if he wanted. Ending the fight quickly...."

We havne't seen Adam use that exact ability since he's been in this form, we've seen him manipulate souls that were already out n about, but not yank it out of someone. An besides that is still a form of EM an I think would have had similiar results w/o Adam having the Soul Gem itself to back him up.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By geraldthesloth
"
@Static Shock said:
"
We havne't seen Adam use that exact ability since he's been in this form, we've seen him manipulate souls that were already out n about, but not yank it out of someone. An besides that is still a form of EM an I think would have had similiar results w/o Adam having the Soul Gem itself to back him up. "
I said the same thing.

But I got proven wrong..*waits for static to show the same scans he showed me*
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraldthesloth said:
"
"
@Static Shock said:
"
We havne't seen Adam use that exact ability since he's been in this form, we've seen him manipulate souls that were already out n about, but not yank it out of someone. An besides that is still a form of EM an I think would have had similiar results w/o Adam having the Soul Gem itself to back him up. "
I said the same thing.But I got proven wrong..*waits for static to show the same scans he showed me*"

There's a very high probablity he's done just that since he's gotten his new powerset, but all i remember is him manipulating the souls set free when the Phalanx Spire was destroyed. So scans will be cool, though that doesn't really change my opinion that Vulcan would be able to interfere w/ and stop him if Adam doesn't have the Soul Gem.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Static Shock
"We havne't seen Adam use that exact ability since he's been in this form, we've seen him manipulate souls that were already out n about, but not yank it out of someone. An besides that is still a form of EM an I think would have had similiar results w/o Adam having the Soul Gem itself to back him up. "
If he's been able to manipulate souls that are out in about (like he was able to before), why couldn't he yank out souls? He was even able to retreat his own soul into whatshername's Quantum Bands. Soul manipulation is in no way related to the electromagnetic spectrum, and I read somewhere that Adam would still have his soul powers intact because of his connection to the Soul Gem, meaning that he doesn't have to have the gem itself. It's kinda like saying that he is the Soul Gem, in a sense... Vulcan may the ability to manipulate the quantum-magic energy that Adam possesses, but I don't think he can directly interfere with Adam's soul powers.

"There's a very high probablity he's done just that since he's gotten his new powerset, but all i remember is him manipulating the souls set free when the Phalanx Spire was destroyed. So scans will be cool, though that doesn't really change my opinion that Vulcan would be able to interfere w/ and stop him if Adam doesn't have the Soul Gem. "
Read above.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Scourge
The Vulcan beating Adam fight didn't make much sense to me. As Static said, he sould have easily been able to beat him by taking his soul or something. And since when could Vulcan manipulate Magic?
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Vulcan was getting owned by POLARIS for heaven's sake.  I don't think it's a stretch to say that Magnus could kill him.

Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Fresh Prince said:
"The Vulcan beating Adam fight didn't make much sense to me. As Static said, he sould have easily been able to beat him by taking his soul or something. And since when could Vulcan manipulate Magic?
"

I think it explains it pretty well, being as Magic is simply a more exotic brand of energy manipulation, Vulcan had no trouble reaching into the energy behind it and taking over. Not to far of a stretch imo.

@Static Shock said:
"
"We havne't seen Adam use that exact ability since he's been in this form, we've seen him manipulate souls that were already out n about, but not yank it out of someone. An besides that is still a form of EM an I think would have had similiar results w/o Adam having the Soul Gem itself to back him up. "
If he's been able to manipulate souls that are out in about (like he was able to before), why couldn't he yank out souls? He was even able to retreat his own soul into whatshername's Quantum Bands. Soul manipulation is in no way related to the electromagnetic spectrum, and I read somewhere that Adam would still have his soul powers intact because of his connection to the Soul Gem, meaning that he doesn't have to have the gem itself. It's kinda like saying that he is the Soul Gem, in a sense... Vulcan may the ability to manipulate the quantum-magic energy that Adam possesses, but I don't think he can directly interfere with Adam's soul powers.

"There's a very high probablity he's done just that since he's gotten his new powerset, but all i remember is him manipulating the souls set free when the Phalanx Spire was destroyed. So scans will be cool, though that doesn't really change my opinion that Vulcan would be able to interfere w/ and stop him if Adam doesn't have the Soul Gem. "
Read above."

At current, as DnA are scribing most of the happenings in the Marvel Cosmic, souls are a form of energy compatipable and able to be manipulated just as the magic that Adam now weilds. I see no reason that Vulcan would have any trouble doing the same.

But seeing as i don't have any interest in debating an entire thread by my lonesome, i think now will be when i bow out.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Static Shock
"Souls are a form of energy compatipable and able to be manipulated just as the magic that Adam now weilds. I see no reason that Vulcan would have any trouble doing the same.
Souls and energy are two different things.
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WARLOCK2792
@Static Shock said:
"
"Souls are a form of energy compatipable and able to be manipulated just as the magic that Adam now weilds. I see no reason that Vulcan would have any trouble doing the same.
Souls and energy are two different things. "
Seriously.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Static Shock
"And yet he was able to re-charge Phyla's Quantom Bands w/ the souls of dead Kree... "
Souls =/= Energy, though...
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
"
"And yet he was able to re-charge Phyla's Quantom Bands w/ the souls of dead Kree... "
Souls =/= Energy, though..."

Yet they are compatible in a way allowing them to power Phyla's bands. Their is energy involved involved in manipulating them, and i don't see anything currently showing my that Adam's personal power to manipulate them is greater than Vulcan's ability to mess w/ the flow of energy he'd need to do it. Maybe that explains my point better. (Though i def had erased that post, was gunna stick w/ my original decision to bow out. Yet, since u reponded like a crack of lightning, i beleive i owe you a response.)
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Static Shock
"Yet they are compatible in a way allowing them to power Phyla's bands. Their is energy involved involved in manipulating them, and i don't see anything currently showing my that Adam's personal power to manipulate them is greater than Vulcan's ability to mess w/ the flow of energy he'd need to do it. Maybe that explains my point better.
In order for Vulcan to manipulate souls in that manner, he would have to have that ability to do. He doesn't.
G-w-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By G-w-D
@Static Shock said:
"
"Yet they are compatible in a way allowing them to power Phyla's bands. Their is energy involved involved in manipulating them, and i don't see anything currently showing my that Adam's personal power to manipulate them is greater than Vulcan's ability to mess w/ the flow of energy he'd need to do it. Maybe that explains my point better.
In order for Vulcan to manipulate souls in that manner, he would have to have that ability to do. He doesn't."

Vulcan is an Omega level energy manipulator if souls are energy and if they can be manipulated via energy control then Vulcan should have the capability too manipulate souls himself, the only thing that could make that unlikly is that Vulcan really ain't got the brains to combine with his potential  

Anyway Question i need to ask is Can Adam even draw souls out of Living creatures, i don't know much about souls but from my limited reading of belasco i'm under the belief that Souls are highly bonded with the Body of the Creature and it takes great acts to release souls from such bond ie Death or magical ritual, manipulating the souls of Dead Kree isn't going to be nearly as hard as pulling a soul away from a body by force without the souls consent 
G-w-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By G-w-D
@White Mage said:
"Vulcan was getting owned by POLARIS for heaven's sake.  I don't think it's a stretch to say that Magnus could kill him. "

Are you talking about During the coronation battle when Polaris used his own armour against him?

@Fresh Prince said:
"The Vulcan beating Adam fight didn't make much sense to me. As Static said, he sould have easily been able to beat him by taking his soul or something. And since when could Vulcan manipulate Magic?
"

Welcome to the Can of worms that is a Energy manipulator with unlimited potential thank you marvel theoretically there is nothing he couldn't pull off if he knew the physics behind them!
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Static Shock
@G-w-D said:
"Anyway Question i need to ask is Can Adam even draw souls out of Living creatures, i don't know much about souls but from my limited reading of belasco i'm under the belief that Souls are highly bonded with the Body of the Creature and it takes great acts to release souls from such bond ie Death or magical ritual, manipulating the souls of Dead Kree isn't going to be nearly as hard as pulling a soul away from a body by force without the souls consent  "
That's what the Soul Gem does. Even if he doesn't have it, he still retains the powers.

No Caption Provided

G-w-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By G-w-D
@Static Shock said:
"
@G-w-D said:
"Anyway Question i need to ask is Can Adam even draw souls out of Living creatures, i don't know much about souls but from my limited reading of belasco i'm under the belief that Souls are highly bonded with the Body of the Creature and it takes great acts to release souls from such bond ie Death or magical ritual, manipulating the souls of Dead Kree isn't going to be nearly as hard as pulling a soul away from a body by force without the souls consent  "
That's what the Soul Gem does. Even if he doesn't have it, he still retains the powers.

"

Yet he doesn't have the gem currently? how does he retain it?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Static Shock
@G-w-D said:
"Yet he doesn't have the gem currently? how does he retain it? "
He's exhibited soul manipulation powers recently. Your last post even mentioned that. In Infinity Gauntlet, Adam was able to free Drax and SIlver Surfer from the Soul World. With his soul, he was able to contact and bring Dr. Strange to the astral plane. Both instances are without the Soul Gem.