VOTING CLOSED - SEEFFISS17 WON! (Larfleeze) vs. (Thanos)

• 73 results
The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The-Seeffiss17

CAV: Larfleeze vs Thanos!

Represented by Seeffiss
Represented by Seeffiss

Standard incarnation of Larfleeze. The Orange Lanterns only come in construct form, not as their own characters (pretty obvious).

Represented by EmperorThanos
Represented by EmperorThanos

Standard incarnation as well. Standard gear, but doesn't include IG, HoTU etc. (again fairly obvious).

Rules:

• Morals on/ in character
  • Fight takes place on a barren planet the size of earth
  • Said planet is indestructible
  • Win by death or KO

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

T4V.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator
The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: Yup tonight probably

@mysticmedivh: You will be tagged bro

Avatar image for cosmicportugal27
CosmicPortugal27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Larfleeze and the Orange Lanterns!

No Caption Provided

"In the beginning there was Larfeeze. And Larfleeze looked out upon himself and saw that he was good."

--Larfleeze

Bio:

Larfleeze is a billion year old alien being, who was the sole member of the Orange Lantern corpse (for a long time), dawning the name Agent Orange. He and his gang discovered the battery in an ancient Palace. Larfleeze uses his power to turn others into members of his Corpse turning them into constructs which he can create at any time.

Here's some more in depth info:

http://www.comicvine.com/larfleeze/4005-58504/

The Power Ring:

No Caption Provided

Being the sole member of a his Corpse Larfleeze not only has the power of a standard Power Ring wielder, but his power is the accumulative percent/ power of an entire core in one being. His powers include:

• Speed/ Flight: Larfleeze can easily exceed the speed of light when in mid-flight.
  • Super Human Physicals: Larfleeze is incredibly strong, durable, and thanks to his ridiculously high percent of power he runs on is nearly inexhaustible.
  • Construct Creation: Like all Lanterns Larfleeze can create incredibly potent constructs from his imagination. More impressively he can create entire armies worth of these constructs.
  • Force Fields: Larfleeze's shields are among the most durable you will find.
  • Energy Projection/ Absorption: Larfleeze not only wields high volumes of power/ energy, but he can control other sources to a masters degree like most Lanterns. And he can fire it out with incredibly high potency.
  • Immunity's: The Orange Power Ring, like all Rings, grant Larfleeze resistances to a number of "hax" powers, such as molecular dismemberment and telepathic assaults.
  • Soul Manipulation: Being the soul member of his Corpse Larfleeze can manipulate/ destroy someone's soul turning them into an Orange Lantern and thus his minion.

Larfleeze has quite the array of powers at his disposal, but what's truly frightening is the degree of which he uses said powers. The incredible vastness of the power he wields makes him unimaginably powerful.

The Orange Lanterns:

The Orange Lanterns are the member's of the Orange Lantern Corpse who have been enslaved in the Orange Battery by Larfleezes soul rip. His minions aid Larfleeze in "recruiting" new members via soul rip and are quite powerful in their own right as well. They each are faster than the speed of light, incredibly strong, can project high levels of energy, etc. etc. They are also sentient and can operate completely on their own while still being controlled by Larfleeze.

Initial Points:

1. Larfleeze's overwhelming speedadvantage: It's pretty clear Larfleeze has the upper hand with his mobility/ speed. While Thanos has handled fast characters in the past, but the advantages speed brings to the table are unavoidable. Because of this Larfleeze will be able to keep the pressure on, slip Thanos' blows easily, and negate his ability to retreat/ recuperate if Thanos needs to.
  2. The OrangeLantern's:With the Orange Lantern's at Larfleeze's side it will be quite easy abuse these numbers and overwhelm Thanos, essentially trampling him. I don't see how he can over come attacks from so many different angles.
  3. Soul Attacks:From my knowledge Thanos lacks a way of stopping his soul from being torn apart and being force into the Orange Lantern Corpse without the outside help of Death. This would be an instant victory and it is very likely Larfleeze will take this route seeing as he has done so on numerous occasions.

These are the majority of the key aspects I wanted to cover. That said, i'm passing things over to you bro @emperorthanos BTW: I may edit this as I re-read it over for grammatical errors but the bulk of the info. will remain the same ;)

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 emperorthanos-  Moderator

No Caption Provided

Thanos the Mad Titan

Biography

Thanos is a mutant Eternal with the Deviant gene. This makes him unique and extremely powerful, even among his own kind. Thanos has been one of marvels most dangerous and most powerful villains. Thanos loves and worships Mistress Death above all else. Few can match his intelligence, strength or ambition. He has fought some of marvels strongest beings such as Galactus and Odin and has survived through all of it.

Power and abilities

Basic abilities:

• Superhuman Intelligence
  • Superhuman Strength
  • Superhuman Speed
  • Superhuman Stamina
  • Superhuman Durability
  • Nigh Invulnerability
  • Immortality: immortal in the sense that he is immune to all known diseases and infections and is immune to the effects of aging.
  • Accelerated Healing Factor
  • Superhuman Agility
  • Superhuman Reflexes
  • Energy Manipulation & Control
  • Telepathy
  • Matter Manipulation & Control
  • Magic
  • Flight
  • Teleportation

Superhuman Intelligence:

Probably his most dangerous trait, Thanos is one of the smartest people in the marvel universe. It is thanks to his intelligence that he managed to become has strong as he is. He is genius in almost every known science and has created technology far greater than anything seen on Earth. He is also a genius in the battlefield and in many occasions has beaten stronger opponents than him just by outsmarting them.

Superhuman strength.

Thanos posses amazing strength, with his limits still not known yet. He has shown enough strength to destroy planets and has overpowered some of the strongest people in the marvel universe such as Hulk, Thor, the Thing, Beta Ray Bill etc. He has even managed to match the strength of Tyrant though albeit amped a little it is still a great feat.

Superhuman speed

Despite his huge size Thanos does have speed that exceeds even the fastest human athlete. Thanos can also teleport great distances as well. However his superhuman reflexes are whats more important in this battles. He has been able to react and avoid attack from the likes of Thor and Silver Surfer.

Superhuman Durability

One of Thanos's greatest abilities is his durability. After being revived by Death her self Thanos has become nigh-invulnerable. But even before that he has survived attacks form some of marvels strongest beings. He managed to survive attack from silver surfer, Odin and a Power gem wielding Thor. He has takne shouts from Black bolt and survived a blow from Ronan the accuser's universal weapon.

Energy Manipulations

Thanos has shown various different abilities with energy manipulation. He has been shown to use it for both offense and defense. He has demonstrated the ability to project pure energy as a concussive force, "magnetic" energy,infrared heat-beams from his eyes, and disruptor beams, unilaterally striking separate targets with his optic blasts as well as form vastly powerful energy shields, barriers, and force-fields. His blasts have been able to knock out the like of Thor and Hulk and has even manged to damage Galactus.

Initial considerations'

1. Thanos has the advantage in in versatility, he has multiple different ways of attack larfleeze
  2. Thanos's extreme durability and damage soak will make it difficult for Larfleeze to put him down
  3. Larfleeze may be faster but Thanos has tagged the likes of silver surfer so the speed advantage won't play a major factor.
  4. Larfleeze has shown the durability to survive Thanos's energy attacks.
  5. Thanos can also use his telepthy to take out Larflezze which I don't think Lafleeze has any resistance to.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 emperorthanos-  Moderator
Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

T4V

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: alright, I'll have my response up hopefully tomorrow. (Exam week is next week so no promises)

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@the-seeffiss17: I understand. My exam week just ended. Thats why I could only post today

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: Ah I feel you. Freshman... So first major exams. I got a physics exam coming up and I need to seriously hit the books to Ace the class.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

interesting. See some familiar formatting here. tag for votes please.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Familiar formatting from who? I would never stoop so low as to use your styles of debating.

Nah but in all seriousness I totally have implemented your style of formatting into mine xD.

And you will be tagged my friend.

Avatar image for monarch_chronicle
Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

looking good both of u, t4v

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@cosmicallyaware1: Familiar formatting from who? I would never stoop so low as to use your styles of debating.

Nah but in all seriousness I totally have implemented your style of formatting into mine xD.

And you will be tagged my friend.

lol, I noticed quite a few other viners have implemented as well, it is quite the honorable compliment (as I have used styles from TTBA and made them my own). You must be doing something right is someone else follows the lead.

Thanks for the tag man, this should be a good read.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Np man. Credit where credit is due.

And hopefully we make it good read ;)

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

//The Battle Begins//

Alright, now that openers are out of the way let's get to discussing the battle in and of itself.

Initial Counters -

1. Thanos has the advantage in in versatility, he has multiple different ways of attack larfleeze
  2. Thanos's extreme durability and damage soak will make it difficult for Larfleeze to put him down
  3. Larfleeze may be faster but Thanos has tagged the likes of silver surfer so the speed advantage won't play a major factor.
  4. Larfleeze has shown the durability to survive Thanos's energy attacks.
  5. Thanos can also use his telepthy to take out Larflezze which I don't think Lafleeze has any resistance to.
  1. How does he have the versatility edge exactly? With enhanced physicals, energy manipulation, and teleportation, all of which Larfleeze has as well, and Matter manipulation + Telepathy. Where as Larfleeze can summon armies, control souls, and create any existing object with his mind, plus the aforementioned physicals and energy manip. A Power Ring users forte is versatility because their constructs are only limited by their creativity.
  2. Will Thanos be a fight, yes, but he is far from invincible.
  3. Yes, Thanos can potentially tag Larfleeze, but that doesn't negate the maneuverability, dodging, etc. advantages that speed gives to someone. Here's an example: In a real life Mixed Martial Arts fight, one fighter has the speed edge, could the other fighter land blows? Of course, but will he land every blow? No, and does his ability to land a blow negate the advantages of speed? No.
  4. I agree Larfleeze has indeed shown the durability to survive Thanos's energy attacks xD. Assuming that's a typo man. Since i'm sure you meant hasn't you haven't given any feats yet either, so I don't get your claim of me having not shown feats. Don't worry my friend I will back myself up.
  5. I actually specifically mentioned that a Power Ring negates the effects of certain powers, including Telepathy, but we can get more into this later.

So now that that's out of the way I think it's time to break things down.

Larfleeze's Victory -

Point #1 Physical Combat:

In a pure slug-fest I will concede that Thanos will win a great majority of the time. This scenario would never happen in this battle tho, seeing as Larfleeze isn't stupid enough to stand still and trade blows. The vast array of powers Larfleeze has would certainly be of use in this battle. I'm fully confident in Larfleeze's ability to win a physical confrontation with Thanos via the use of his other abilities.

First key point here is Constructs. Like most Power Ring users Larfleeze's first instinct in combat is to attack with his constructs. Using his incredible speed + using a giant mass as a weapon would create an incredibly effective striking method (Since force = mass x acceleration). But enough with this physics, here are some combat implications of this logic.

No Caption Provided

Here we see Larfleeze's construct (a giant version of himself) rag-dolling a dozen Green Lantern's at once. As you probably know even the least impressive of the Green Lantern's is someone not to be underestimated, unless your Larfleeze.

I think a construct of this caliber (knocking back numerous GL's with each strike) moving with faster than light momentum will do damage to even the strongest of adversaries.

The second and most prominent point in terms of physical combat is the incorporation of the Orange Lanterns. Larfleeze alone will be dealing damage with his incredibly potent contructs, but then add in the physical might of hundreds of allies and Thanos will be quickly overwhelmed. The most obvious strategy of "dog-pile" should work like a charm. All of these Lantern's, each powerful in their own right, would trample Thanos.

The fact that there are hundreds of Orange Lantern's should make the overwhelming phase simple enough, but let's look at the strength of these character's as individual, sentient, constructs.

No Caption Provided

Here we see three Orange Lantern's restraining and completely immobilizing John Stewart, a respectable Lantern.

If three Orange Lanterns can easily restrain a class 100 strength character, dozens upon hundreds should be capable of steam-rolling Thanos. And then you factor in the speed advantage the Orange Lanterns have as well, and it becomes overkill.

Point #2 Telepathy:

Your claim that Thanos has more ways to harm Larfleeze than vice versa is an outlandish one for sure, especially since outside of physical combat, you only mentioned telepathy as an alternate win condition. Despite me stating a Lanterns ability to negate telepathy, you use this argument, so i'll show you Larfleeze's telepathic resistance instead of merely stating it.

No Caption Provided

Here Dyrge tries to enter Larfleeze's mind via telepathy.

Being the living incarnation of the Orange Light Larfleeze has telepathic constructs protecting his mind from mental assaults. These constructs devour the minds and souls of those who try such efforts. Thus if Thanos tries a telepathic attack it will be he who is defeated as a result. So please, I encourage Thanos to attempt a telepathic assault on Larfleeze.

Point #3 Soul Rip:

Aside from taking Thanos out in a straight-up confrontation, Larfleeze has his own "auto-win" or ace in the hole, and one that will actually work, unlike telepathic attacks on Thanos' end.

The concept here is simple, Thanos lacks a defense against Larfleeze turning him into an Orange Lantern (and thus a mindless slave to him) by manipulating his soul without the help of Death. The same ability he used to transform all the members of his core into Orange Lanterns. No amount of physical might or strength feats can over come this, and thus Thanos has no way of winning if Larfleeze goes this route. And Larfleeze is obviously fully open to this option, just look at all the Orange Lanterns there are.

Overview -

Why Larfleeze wins:

• Physically Larfleeze, backed by his entire core, will be more than a match for Thanos. Being swarmed and quickly overhwlemed.
  • If push comes to shove Larfleeze can simply convert Thanos' soul into part of the Orange Light.

Why Thanos can't win:

• He can't combat armies of super-powered foes at once.
  • He can't hit the lightning quick Larfleeze, especially when he's preoccupied by the Orange Lanterns.
  • His only alternative win condition (telepathy) would result in an automatic defeat.
  • He has no means of countering Larfleeze's ace in the hole (soul rip).

All in all, Thanos is an incredibly powerful teambuster, but he lacks the ability to take on a being with the collective abilities of an entire Corpse.

@emperorthanos hey like the last post Ill be editing, but since you said your busy tomorrow hopefully that's not a problem. edits should be done by saturday.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: Just reminder man. Since you said Saturday. No rush at all, again just a reminder.

Also bumping for voters.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator
The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@the-seeffiss17: Hey bro sorry about this but I will only be able to get the opener up by Monday. I know I am delaying quite a bit and its wasting your time so sorry about that. Just got a lot of Tourney's that I'm taking part of right now.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: Why isn't this your priority?!?

Nah jk. Again no worries. I have exams this week, so it's probably a good thing not be distracted xD

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@the-seeffiss17: Haha it is priority but I haven't even gotten openers up for some of my matches. But yeah maybe I'm doing you a favor ;)

But I promise I will have it by tomorrow.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Counters/Rebuttals

Strength

In a pure slug-fest I will concede that Thanos will win a great majority of the time. This scenario would never happen in this battle tho, seeing as Larfleeze isn't stupid enough to stand still and trade blows. The vast array of powers Larfleeze has would certainly be of use in this battle. I'm fully confident in Larfleeze's ability to win a physical confrontation with Thanos via the use of his other abilities.

First key point here is Constructs. Like most Power Ring users Larfleeze's first instinct in combat is to attack with his constructs. Using his incredible speed + using a giant mass as a weapon would create an incredibly effective striking method (Since force = mass x acceleration). But enough with this physics, here are some combat implications of this logic.

I think a construct of this caliber (knocking back numerous GL's with each strike) moving with faster than light momentum will do damage to even the strongest of adversaries.

The second and most prominent point in terms of physical combat is the incorporation of the Orange Lanterns. Larfleeze alone will be dealing damage with his incredibly potent contructs, but then add in the physical might of hundreds of allies and Thanos will be quickly overwhelmed. The most obvious strategy of "dog-pile" should work like a charm. All of these Lantern's, each powerful in their own right, would trample Thanos.

The fact that there are hundreds of Orange Lantern's should make the overwhelming phase simple enough, but let's look at the strength of these character's as individual, sentient, constructs.

If three Orange Lanterns can easily restrain a class 100 strength character, dozens upon hundreds should be capable of steam-rolling Thanos. And then you factor in the speed advantage the Orange Lanterns have as well, and it becomes overkill.

I'm glad you agree on Thanos winning in a slug fest. But first let me show you why you lanterns can't put Thanos down.

Thanos is extremely difficult to put down and will probably still get up for more.

First example was when he fought Thor in infinity. He go struck twice by Thor and asked for more

No Caption Provided

He was then able to take a hit from Ronan's universal weapon with no damage and then broke it\

No Caption Provided

He even has forced fields that are so strong Galactus had to exert himself to break them

No Caption Provided

But he was even able to to tank multiple attacks from Odin himself who clearly wasn't holding back.

Thanos was clearly ready to go on after taking all of those blasts. Bare in mind that Odin's blasts can destroy galaxies.

No Caption Provided

Thanos is not going to be put down physically. Taking down Green Lantern is not the same as taking down someone like Thanos. And really Thanos needs to get one or two good hits to finish this off.

He easily slaps away to characters that are both above class 100 strength

No Caption Provided

Telepathy

Your claim that Thanos has more ways to harm Larfleeze than vice versa is an outlandish one for sure, especially since outside of physical combat, you only mentioned telepathy as an alternate win condition. Despite me stating a Lanterns ability to negate telepathy, you use this argument, so i'll show you Larfleeze's telepathic resistance instead of merely stating it.

Being the living incarnation of the Orange Light Larfleeze has telepathic constructs protecting his mind from mental assaults. These constructs devour the minds and souls of those who try such efforts. Thus if Thanos tries a telepathic attack it will be he who is defeated as a result. So please, I encourage Thanos to attempt a telepathic assault on Larfleeze.

Has Lafleeze ever shown the capability of avoiding someone of Thanos level telepathy.

Galactus has been shown to have extreme telepathic defense but that didn't stop Thanos from taking over his mind

Granted Galactus broke out in the end but the fact is Thanos still managed to get him temporarily and that is enough from him to be able to take on Lafleeze

Soul Rip

Aside from taking Thanos out in a straight-up confrontation, Larfleeze has his own "auto-win" or ace in the hole, and one that will actually work, unlike telepathic attacks on Thanos' end.

The concept here is simple, Thanos lacks a defense against Larfleeze turning him into an Orange Lantern (and thus a mindless slave to him) by manipulating his soul without the help of Death. The same ability he used to transform all the members of his core into Orange Lanterns. No amount of physical might or strength feats can over come this, and thus Thanos has no way of winning if Larfleeze goes this route. And Larfleeze is obviously fully open to this option, just look at all the Orange Lanterns there are.

Well technically speaking being controlled isn't KO or death so no victory there. But there isn't any point in arguing there.

Lafleeze is in character here, how often does he jump straight to using soul rip. In character that isn't his go to move and Thanos would have beaten him before he uses it.

Moreover has Lafleeze ever used his soul rip against someone of note? Thanos is one of the most powerfull beings in the galaxy, show me how Lafleeze will be able to take someone has powerful as him saying it will work on anyone is a NLF.

Energy manipulation

Energy manipulation pretty much Thanos's go to attack if hand to hand combat is not working. Lafleeze doesn't have the durability to to survive blasts from Thanos.

Thanos was able to tag and knock out the Fallen one. This shows that Thanos is able to tag extremely fast people with blasts./

Thanos was able to knock back Galactus himself with his energy blasts as well.

No Caption Provided

Lafleeze is not as strong as Galactus and so if he gets hit by Thanos it is over.

Summary

Why Thanos wins

• His durability is so great that even if he facing so many Lanterns he will still no be damaged.
  • Larfleeze has no way of surviving strikes from Thanos.
  • Lafleeze hasn't shown the ability to survive mental attacks from Thanos.
  • Larfleeze cannot survive energy blasts from Thanos.
  • Larfleeze hasn't used soul rip against a cosmic being like Thanos or anyone of note for that matter. On top of that he never uses it as a first resort in character so I fail to see why he would against Thanos.
  • Thanos is a team buster and in many cases has fought several foes at once, even during the annihilation wave he took more than a 100 enemies at once and was still able to fight.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

@the-seeffiss17 My post is up

Also I know I said 3 rebuttals but that may be 2 will be fine. I will let you decide.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: Up to you, I can do 2 if you want to make his one concise. Also response up probably tomorrow, Thursday at the latest hopefully.

My physics exam is tomorrow, and that's the only one I'm really worried about/ gonna study over an hour for.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@the-seeffiss17: Take your time. This isn't as important as your exams.

Well I guess we could have our final rebuttal with our conclusion in one post.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: Yeah, I'm just saying I'm not gonna study all day, I'll have free time. The only stuff I have left is Geometry (pretty simple) and Spanish (an elective). Thanks for the concern tho XD.

And I think we should have one more rebuttal each, then closers where we don't bring up any new arguments, just counters?

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The-Seeffiss17

@emperorthanos So.... I'm a liar LOL. I know I said I was gonna get my post up yesterday, but I'm not gonna be able to get it up by tomorrow probably. Immediately after school Yesterday I found out my friend had tickets to Star Wars midnight showing, so I hung out all day and went to that. Then I found out today my boys birthday party is today... So yeah... But i'm done with exams, so it wont be much longer.

EDIT: MY ACCOUNT IS BACK! I got banned by a spam bot because I sent a link to an instagram via PM to myself on time... IDK how that registered as spam, but yeah i'm back and so if our thread!

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 emperorthanos-  Moderator
The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The-Seeffiss17

@emperorthanos: Hey man, I completely forgot about this, I'll work on my response today and in the week to come. My response will be done within a few days.

Sorry for the delay, just had a lot to do lately (plus gonna watch playoffs, PATRIOTS ON TOP!)

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

//Counter-Town//

Physical's -

Just a precursor here, it seems you misinterpreted one of my statements.

In a pure slug-fest I will concede that Thanos will win a great majority of the time.

This point was not conceding that Thanos would win a physical contest. I was merely stating that if Larfleeze stood still like the Hulk, or any other brute and trade blows. His speed backing up his physicality would be Thanos's undoing. Despite my efforts to make this clear you didn't address speed in your post... at all. Either way i'll debunk the physical aspects you did bring up.

/Why Larfleeze Can Hurt You/

The main problem with all of your durability feats is... They are all pertaining to energy based attacks exclusively. Not once, in any of the feats presented did Thanos tank a direct blow from anyone. Especially not a giant construct, capable of sending Green Lanterns flying, moving at him as faster than the speed of light.

Now, before you say "durability is durability no matter what's hitting him" this is not the case at all. For example: Wonder Woman's durability can be easily bypassed by sharp objects, but her ability to tank blunt force is on the planetary level. Then when you take into account that Thanos has a strong connection with the power cosmic, and I would say their is a strong reason to believe he is more durable to energy based attacks than blunt offense.

Now, i'd like to refer back to the feat of the Orange Lanterns dominating John Stewart. I'm going to put some context behind this since it seems you downplay Green Lanterns a little bit:

-

No Caption Provided

-

John's raw ability is nearly unmatched, sending many notable members of the JLA (Wonder Woman, Superman, Flash, Aquaman etc.) flying with a single beam is incredible impressive.

-

No Caption Provided

-

John's constructs have been potent enough to span entire planets and star systems, his own raw ability even surpassing the Power Ring's limit. He is easily one of the most elite Green Lanterns (he is ranked as such) and is easily on par with Kyle Rayner, Hal Jordan, Kilowag, Guy Gardener etc.

These feats put him comfortably above the average "100 tonner" such as the Hulk or Drax whom you mentioned.

Now consider the fact that only three Orange Lanterns rendered such a character completely immobilized and helpless should give you a general idea of what dozens upon dozens could do. And then you have to take into account Larfleeze is more powerful than all the Orange Lanterns combined. Still not impressed with John Stewart though? That's fine, how about another small group of Orange Lanterns immobilizing Hal Jordan himself:

NOTE: Hal also had a blue ring here to amp his abilities.
NOTE: Hal also had a blue ring here to amp his abilities.

All in all, tanking high powered energy attacks does not, in any way, mean he has the strength, endurance, and blunt force durability to take on dozens of 100+ tonners and a Green Lantern Corpse buster.

I'll take even more in depth about Larfleeze's ability to deal the physical damage if you give physical based durability feats, but until then, what i've provided is more than enough here.

/Why You Can't Hurt Larfleeze/

To start things off here I'd like to point out that it's interesting that you are very quick to downplay batting away dozens of Green Lanterns, then consider Thanos batting away 100 tonners as an impressive feat:

Taking down Green Lantern is not the same as taking down someone like Thanos.

But then you go on to claim that taking on 100 tonners makes it so Thanos can easily put Larfleeze down. What makes batting away the Hulk more impressive than batting away Hal Jordan or John Stewart? Heck most people think they take a solid MAJORITY of the Hulk any day of the week.

And really Thanos needs to get one or two good hits to finish this off.

He easily slaps away to characters that are both above class 100 strength

The difference between these two, in terms of purely physical durability is not as great as you think it is. Both have taken on hoards of 100 tonners in physical combat, the only difference here is one of these two has the potential to slip punches and evade thanks to his agility, and it's not Thanos.

Thanos will have to get through crowds of upper tier Green Lantern level Orange Lanterns just to get within range to hit Larfleeze, and even at that point Larfleeze's significant speed advantage will make it nigh impossible for Thanos to deal any damage to him at all.

Summing up: Your assessment of this battle of a physical level is highly flawed for multiple reasons.

1. Speed was not, even once, touched on in your post at all (which is a huge part of this battle).
  2. All of your physical evidence, wasn't even physical combat based feats, only energy projection.
  3. You didn't give any reason why Thanos would have the endurance or means to take out that many foes before he gets trampled.
  4. You downplayed 100 tonners (like John Stewart) and then used 100 tonners to support Thanos' strength...

Telepathy -

Before I even go into anything here, the scans you showed are VERY much out of context...

/Negating Feats/

Alright man, Thanos, in no way, shape, or form overtook Galactus at all in any of your scans. Galactus LET Thanos enter his mind, they were making a deal on equal terms. Let's take a close look at the actual dialogue here before we jump to conclusions about the impressiveness of these feats.

First we have Thanos offering a - "Telepathic summit" - to better discuss the terms of what they're doing:

No Caption Provided

Galactus and Thanos entered each others minds on equal terms to prove Thanos wasn't being deceitful. NOT because Thanos mentally overpowered him.

Once, what you claimed to be "overpowering" occurs , they are still discussing, Thanos is still trying to convince Galactus to mentally merge with him which is what you see here:

No Caption Provided

"Open yourself to the possibilities it offers" "Become one with me..." - It's very apparent that Thanos was still talking to, and discussing with Galactus, and Galactus hadn't even attempted to ward Thanos off at this point.

The first time we even see Galactus make any effort to combat Thanos telepathically is when he shouts - "No!" - and within the very next panel Galactus completely dominatesThanos mentally (which you conveniently left out of your post):

-

No Caption Provided

-

Galactus easily makes Thanos' attack completely null and void and makes Thanos seem completely insignificant compared to him.

Summing up: If you look at the context of the entire scenario, the feats disprove your claims.

1. Galactus allowed Thanos to enter his mind so they could discuss on even terms.
  2. Thanos attacked Galactus when Galactus had his guard down, mid discussion.
  3. Even with this surprise attack, there was only a single instant Thanos had any kind of upper hand.
  4. Once Galactus applied any force, Thanos was completely at his mercy.

Beyond the fact that this scan is entirely out of context, it is a complete outlier, i've never seen another instance of Thanos using offense telepathy to any high degree, only strong defenses.

Soul Rip -

/Why It's Completely Viable/

Lafleeze is in character here, how often does he jump straight to using soul rip.

Soul Rip is actually one of Larfleeze's preferred tactics, considering it turns the foe into his slave. Anyone he can pin down he'll gladly take their soul. In fact I gave you an instance already, when his Orange Lanterns restrained John Stewart, their intent was to turn him to the Orange Light, but he was aided by fellow lanterns just in the nick of time. Same goes for Hal Jordan above. Here's another, more direct instance though:

-

No Caption Provided

During an intense, and wide spanning battle of Orange vs Green, Larfleeze was turning dozens of GL's to OL's in seconds, each one dispatched would become one of his Corpse members. A prime example is this guy, Gretti.

-

Considering Larfleeze's fall back plan in the heat of war, is Soul Rip, I think it's plain to see he would do this against a single, slow, easily picked off foe like Thanos.

Need more evidence? Every member of his course was someone soul ripped by him... He's done it to hundreds of people, so i'd say that it's pretty in character, in fact i'd say he enjoys it...

Moreover has Lafleeze ever used his soul rip against someone of note? Thanos is one of the most powerfull beings in the galaxy, show me how Lafleeze will be able to take someone has powerful as him saying it will work on anyone is a NLF.

Yes, he has, high tier Green Lanterns that I have already shown. The only thing that affects being soul ripped is

• Having soul powers or resistance to empathetic attacks. (You haven't shown any of this for Thanos).
  • Having a strong enough will to resist. (Hal Jordan couldn't even hold the Orange Core without being consumed, Thanos has no where near that kind of will power).

And it's not a no limits fallacy, the argument that Martian Manhunter can drop Captain Atom with Telepathy just because he has no resistance to it, even though New52 Atom is is immeasurably more powerful.

He has absorbed casual planet busters, such as Invictus, some of the strongest members of all the emotional spectrums, and most impressively Larfleeze has Soul Ripped a Guardian...

-

No Caption Provided

-

You know, one of those Guardians who took on Superboy Prime and have 10x more power than even the strongest of Lanterns? I'd say they qualify as powerful enough.

In character that isn't his go to move and Thanos would have beaten him before he uses it.

We already discussed the in character thing, but "beaten before he uses it"? Your claiming Thanos has the speed to blitz a lantern? Odd considering Thanos isn't known to have any significant traverse speed, and also since you didn't address speed even once in your post...

Summing up: Soul Rip is still a completely viable, and likely win condition for Larfleeze, quick and simple.

1. Thanos doesn't have any resistance or enough will power to stop this from happening.
  2. Larfleeze has turned characters of equal caliber to Thanos.
  3. Thanos is in no way fast enough to blitz Larfleeze before he Larfleeze can attack him, this is just foolishness.

Energy Manipulation -

This is any Lanterns forte, so let's see what Thanos is packing.

hanos was able to tag and knock out the Fallen one. This shows that Thanos is able to tag extremely fast people with blasts.

Key difference between this feat and what would happen in this fight, here Thanos has time to focus on one target, in this battle Thanos will have to hit Larfleeze through a crowd of dozens of enemies, while being his from all angles, and still have to deal with all the henchmen. On top of the fact that Larfleeze is incredibly fast. Not ver likely i'd say.

Lafleeze is not as strong as Galactus and so if he gets hit by Thanos it is over.

This statement doesn't make much sense, so because Larfleeze isn't as powerful as Galactus, that means that an attack that pushed Galactus back would one shot Larfleeze? That's like saying Ironman isn't as powerful as Superman, and since Superman felt pain form Hawkmans mace, Ironman would be one-shotted by Hawkman... It doesn't make much sense.

Second of all, this feat is from the same context as your other out of contest feats, so once again let's examine this one.

No Caption Provided

This happens immediately after their conversation, in which Thanos immediately blasts Galactus when his guard was down, hence the "so much for reasoning". Galactus could have easily absorbed this attack. But this is further supported by the feat that comes later in the comic that, once again, you conveniently left out:

No Caption Provided

In this later image Galactus says "full alert" alluding to the fact that he wasn't on alert when he was struck by Thanos.

But the icing on the cake, is that Thanos even admits his sucker punch likely did nothing at all:

No Caption Provided

So it would seem Thanos' abilities aren't exactly what they've been made out to be, he is not in any way on par with Galactus.

/Absorption/

Aside from strictly dodging Larfleeze, if hit, can easily absorb most energy based attacks. It's a staple ability of any member of an emotional core. One of Larfleeze's most notable showings is his absorption of the combined power of all the guardians of Oa...

No Caption Provided

Easily tanks, and trudges through their assault. The same type of assault that Superboy Prime only survived via his healing factor.

Summing up:

• Larfleeze will have an easy time evading Thanos' attacks.
  • Thanos is over played by your feats, taken out of context.
  • If hit Larfleeze can absorb/ manipulate Thanos' energy attacks.

Summary -

/Your's Debunked/

His durability is so great that even if he facing so many Lanterns he will still no be damaged.

You didn't show any physical durability, any endurance required to not be trampled, and underplayed the Orange Lanterns strength.

Larfleeze has no way of surviving strikes from Thanos.

Interesting statement considering your only physical offensive feat is Thanos taking on the Hulk, whereas i've shown Larfleeze durability can take on the entire Green Lantern Corpse. And how do you plan on getting to Larfleeze through the crowd?

Lafleeze hasn't shown the ability to survive mental attacks from Thanos.

Your only notable offensive TP feat is out of context and holds little to no weight.

Larfleeze cannot survive energy blasts from Thanos.

Dodging and absorption. Plus how do you aim through the crowd?

Larfleeze hasn't used soul rip against a cosmic being like Thanos or anyone of note for that matter. On top of that he never uses it as a first resort in character so I fail to see why he would against Thanos.

You made all these claims before you even allowed me to respond on these points, this is thoroughly debunked above.

Thanos is a team buster and in many cases has fought several foes at once, even during the annihilation wave he took more than a 100 enemies at once and was still able to fight.

"Thanos is a teambuster"... We all know this... Larfleeze is a Corpse buster. A corspe made up of an entire planet full of FTL 100+ton planet busters, and a group of celestial beings. And feats of this in annihilation? Because I doubt those characters he took on were on par with Orange Lanterns who can solo low level GL's and are FTL. Plus he has to deal with the Fleeze man himself, who has the entire combined power of an entire Corpse.

/Proper Summary/

• Tagging Larfleeze: This is your main problem here. So far you have given no indication of Thanos' speed or even attempted to counter mine. On top of this you haven't addressed how you plan on targeting Thanos through a crowd of dozens of deadly foes. You even made a claim that Thanos can blitz Larfleeze before he can use Soul Rip... What is that claim based on?
  • Alternative Win Conditions: Larfleeze has sufficient counters for your out of context telepathy and has sufficient Psychic defenses, on top of energy absorption to nullify your range attacks. On the other hand you have given no evidence of Thanos being able to resist empathetic attacks, and I have given instances of Larfleeze soul draining characters of a high caliber, and in large numbers.
  • Physical Combat: Your only durability feats are energy based, nothing to show Thanos can take on dozens of 100+ tonners, and Larfleeze, who is a Corpse Buster. No stamina shown either. In fact your only striking feat is Thanos taking on the Hulk and Drax... And you, yourself stated that my 100 tonner feats aren't impressive enough... Faulty logic of all kinds here. On the other hand, i've shown sufficient offensive abilities (via contracts and Orange Lanterns) that Agent Orange can take on hundreds of characters, of equal or higher ability to the Hulk.

How this inevitably playsout:

The fight opens, before Thanos can do anything, the Orange Lantern's are on the scene. NOTE: Even if Thanos get's off a ranged attack Larfleeze can evade, or absorb as stated before. The Orange Lanterns, led by Agent Orange will bull-rush Thanos. Orange Lanterns would drop left and right, but eventually Thanos would get overwhelmed, pinned down by masses and a giant Orange Construct of Larfleeze. And if he isn't KO'd from this, Soul Rip is the finishing blow.

Alright! That'll do it, man this was fun to make, and sorry it's so late. Just a lot of craziness on the vine and in RL. Plus the thread having disappeared. Back over to you my man! @emperorthanos (BTW i might edit for grammatical purposes, but all the info, should remain the same).

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@the-seeffiss17: So I said I would have my post up today. But when I posted something happened an now everything is lost. So I'm going to have to start all over against so it might take sometime. Sorry about this.

Also are we opening votes after this?

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: After you post were gonna do closers. At least I'd much prefer that. And I completely understand the feeling. Take your time.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

Rebuttals/Counters

Durability

Thanos has a strong connection with the power cosmic, and I would say their is a strong reason to believe he is more durable to energy based attacks than blunt offense.

I don't know where you are getting that from. His cosmic power protects him from all attacks.

I'll take even more in depth about Larfleeze's ability to deal the physical damage if you give physical based durability feats, but until then, what i've provided is more than enough here.

So I have already shown Thanos's resistance to energy based attack. I will show you some of his defense to physical attacks.

Here he tanks a hit from Ronan who is in the 100+ range of power.

No Caption Provided

He as was able to kill someone that Gladiator, Annihulus and Super Skrull had trouble with

Thanos also took strikes from Thor with a power gem. With only a little blood.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Now Thor has shown the ability to destroy planets with his hammer and this version of Thor had a power gem. This suggest physical durability that can tank planetary attacks.

No Caption Provided

Thanos also has force field to protect him from physical attacks.

Here he uses force fields to protect him self from a power gem thor

No Caption Provided

And stop the Champion who has planetary strength as well.

It's backwards sorry

This should suffice in showing why Thanos has great enough physical durability.

Physical Combat

Summing up: Your assessment of this battle of a physical level is highly flawed for multiple reasons.

1. Speed was not, even once, touched on in your post at all (which is a huge part of this battle).
  2. All of your physical evidence, wasn't even physical combat based feats, only energy projection.
  3. You didn't give any reason why Thanos would have the endurance or means to take out that many foes before he gets trampled.
  4. You downplayed 100 tonners (like John Stewart) and then used 100 tonners to support Thanos' strength...

First of all me using Thanos beating 100 tonners was to show why beating 100 tonners is nothing compared to beating Thanos.

As for Speed, Thanos is inherently fast but he has been able to tag mftl characters.

Tags the Fallen One, Galactus's first herald.

No Caption Provided

Here he tags Silver Surfer, who is known to be MFTL.

No Caption Provided

As for Physical combat, Thanos tend to avoid this but will do it if necessary

Here he beats up Beta Ray Bill a man with planetary + durability

No Caption Provided

Planetary durability proof

Heck he can survive going through a sun and Thanos still beat him down.

No Caption Provided

Here they both fight each other in hyperspace

Thanos also one punched Ronan

No Caption Provided

And beat down Silver Surfer. A man who surfs supernovas and had fought inside a black hole

Backwards again sorry.

And drew blood from inbetweener himself. One of the strongest cosmic being in the marvel universe.

No Caption Provided

Also here is evidence of both Beta Ray Bill and Surfer being FTL. And Thanos had no problem tagging both of them

No Caption Provided

Soul Manip

Summing up: Soul Rip is still a completely viable, and likely win condition for Larfleeze, quick and simple.

1. Thanos doesn't have any resistance or enough will power to stop this from happening.
  2. Larfleeze has turned characters of equal caliber to Thanos.
  3. Thanos is in no way fast enough to blitz Larfleeze before he Larfleeze can attack him, this is just foolishness.
  1. It's true Thanos hasn't shown soul manip defense but he has the power to avoid it from happening. Larfleeze has to close in on Thanos for him to take his soul, Thanos will never let him do that, Thanos can blast him or shut him down with tp before he gets the chance to do anything to him.
  2. A guardian is not the same caliber as Thanos at all.
  3. Thanos isn't blitzing but he can tag Larfleeze before he gets that chance to get close and use soul rip. Thanos also still has tp.

Telepathy

Summing up: If you look at the context of the entire scenario, the feats disprove your claims.

1. Galactus allowed Thanos to enter his mind so they could discuss on even terms.
  2. Thanos attacked Galactus when Galactus had his guard down, mid discussion.
  3. Even with this surprise attack, there was only a single instant Thanos had any kind of upper hand.
  4. Once Galactus applied any force, Thanos was completely at his mercy.

The point was Thanos was able to over power a being as powerful as Galactus even if momentarily that is an impressive feat itself considering Galactus is far above both our character. This is proof that Thanos will have no trouble getting into Larfleeze's mind and wining.

Beyond the fact that this scan is entirely out of context, it is a complete outlier, i've never seen another instance of Thanos using offense telepathy to any high degree, only strong defenses.

There are plenty of instances

here he destroys pip the troll

No Caption Provided

Beats Moondragon a alien telepath who had the mind gem with her.

No Caption Provided

Basically mindf**** Drax so he stops attacking

As usual backwards

Energy Manipulation

Summing up:

• Larfleeze will have an easy time evading Thanos' attacks.
  • Thanos is over played by your feats, taken out of context.
  • If hit Larfleeze can absorb/ manipulate Thanos' energy attacks.
  1. Thanos has repeatedly tagged several ftl characters, such as Surfer, BRB and Fallen one.

2. Here are some other of Thanos's feats if you feel skeptic.

Takes out classic Draxin shot , the one that does have planetary durability.

No Caption Provided

Knocks out both Thor and Thing at the same time with one blast

No Caption Provided

Beats Ksomos who had the power of post retcon Beyonder.

3. As for absorbtion, Thanos pack quite a blast, absorbing his attacks will take time and will not be that easy.

The guardians do not have the DC to match Thanos who has dealt damage to people with planetary + durability.

And again Thanos has Physical combat or Tp

Orange lanterns.

So here I will explain the several way Thanos can swiftly deal with the Orange Lanterns.

He can basically one shot them all quickly.

Pimphands several avengers at once.

No Caption Provided

But that takes too long, so he can also just blast them all at once with an AOE attack

Here he does it against all the Avengers

No Caption Provided

Here he releases another giant AOE blast to kill several prisioners

No Caption Provided

Or Thanos could use TP and turn them against each other

Here he does it to hulk. Making him attack the other Avengers

Or he could BFR them away and just deal with Larfleeze or BFR Larfleeze away and deal with them. BFR is allowed

Here he does it Gladiator

No Caption Provided

Does it to the champion Twice. Without the use of a portal.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Strategy

1. Thanos deals with the orange lanterns with a huge AOE blast which will take most if not all of them out.
  2. Thanos having released such a huge blast will want to end this fight quickly as that is in his nature.
  3. He can use TP to shut down Larfleeze. He was able to beat moondragon with the mind gem and has shut people down like Drax
  4. or he can BFR Larfleeze away, which he can and has been able to do it to faster character than Larfleeze such as Gladiator and Surfer

There is no way Larfleeze can avoid tp at this scale, Thanos will be able to take him out before Larfleeze gets the chance to do anything.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 emperorthanos-  Moderator
The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: My matches are catching up with me! Lol. Il get to this sometime this week mah man.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: Hey bro, It may take me a while to get my post up. I'm currently working on a few projects for the vine, and am in two tourneys. On top of 2 other CaVs. I'm gonna grind it out when I get the chance, but it may take a while....

Also, can we go to voters after that?

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 emperorthanos-  Moderator
The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: Oh, I thought you got the first post... Yeah. Unfortunately, that is what I think is for the best. Was an awesome debate my man.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@the-seeffiss17: It's cool we got enough posts in I think. And yeah it definitely was a great debate.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The-Seeffiss17

VOTING CLOSED

FINAL SCORE:

5 - 1 In my (the-seeffiss17's) favor.

Awesome debate my friend, @emperorthanos, looking forward to debating with you again sometime :).

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

will vote after reading

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 emperorthanos-  Moderator

bump

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#49  Edited By APEX_pretador

@the-seeffiss17marginally. ET's last post was quite a strong one, but TS17 was more consistent with showings.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: Thanks man.

@emperorthanos: I'll edit the score board when I get home.