Volthoom vs Zero Hour Parallax

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

All this Green Lantern stuff is confusing me. I want to figure out who is more powerful than who.

People say Zero Hour Parallax > White Lantern Kyle Rayner that makes zero sense to me becuase isn't White Lantern suppoese to be more powerful than any other lanterns?

Also Ion Kyle Rayner < Sinestro?

Anyways I made this thread now it would bloody be great if you guys can help me out..

1 last question what came first Ion or Volthoom?

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By XxGin

Zero Hour Parallax curbstomps.

Really? I kind of see why but Volthoom is no ordinary Lantern.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxgin said:

@jackknight said:

Zero Hour Parallax curbstomps.

Really? I kind of see why but Volthoom is no ordinary Lantern.

Did he show any feats that puts him anywhere near Zero Hour Parallax? I don't think so.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Volthoom was actually the name of the entity that gave the Earth 3 (Crime Syndicate world) Green Lantern (called Power Ring) his ring.

The New 52 Volthoom or The First Lantern is named after a pre-crisis character. Though to my knowledge there is no intimate connection between the two.

So Ion came before the New 52 character named Volthoom but after the Pre-Crisis character named Volthoom.

I haven't read Zero Hour so I don't know all the details about his powers. Based on what I know of modern Parallax though Volthoom should win in a tough fight.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackknight:

He did take the combined power of most of the Green and Red Lantern corps.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Parallax exceedingly easily.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackknight:

He did take the combined power of most of the Green and Red Lantern corps.

And Parallax during Zero Hour restated the universe.................

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackknight:

Volthoom has also warped reality, remember what he did to Korugar?

Volthoom could warp reality by tampering with people's emotions. Hal was a veritable basket case during Zero Hour.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackknight:

Volthoom has also warped reality, remember what he did to Korugar?

Volthoom could warp reality by tampering with people's emotions. Hal was a veritable basket case during Zero Hour.

Those feats are still nothing compered to the feats that Zero Hour Parallax's feats, you name me one feat that Volthoom did that comes even close to restarting the universe!

You should really look up on Zero Hour Parallax because Volthoom is literally an ant compared to him.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@godtriggerhulk: Yeah that is why he was taken over by Paralax. I doubt he could mess with hal when he has paralax with him.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal ftw, but he'd have to re-create the universe

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackknight:

I'm not denying that Zero Hour Parallax has better fire power than Volthoom.

I just need to be convinced that an emotionally vulnerable Hal Jordan would be immune to Volthoom's emotional tampering/reality warping.

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By XxGin

ION > all lanterns am I correct?

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP!

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@xxgin: If it is HoG Ion yes. He was above Zero Hour Parallax

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackknight:

I'm not denying that Zero Hour Parallax has better fire power than Volthoom.

I just need to be convinced that an emotionally vulnerable Hal Jordan would be immune to Volthoom's emotional tampering/reality warping.

I did say that Volthoom is an ant to Zero Hour Parallax so no his emotional tampering/reality warping won't work on him.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackknight:

I'm sort of confused in how that's persuasive.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxgin: Just addressing something you said on the OP, the reason people believe Zero Hour Parallax is more powerful than a white lantern is because he does have better showing of power and feats. As per White Lantern being the most powerful entity, and above the likes of parallax is true, what you are missing is Zero Hour Parallax and later Ion from Hand of God, are not actually linked to any entity from Green Lantern, their power source comes from absorbing entirety of the green lantern central battery and the left over energy from the COIE. 2 different power source. In fact the entities like Ion and Parallax werent even created back then when we saw the respective Ion in Hand of God story arc or Parallax in Zero Hour.

Wakaness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wakaness

Volthoom can, in some way, defeat Zero Hour Parallax.

Volthoom can tap into the Green Lantern central battery to access the memory of Hal going into the battery that lead parallax to infest Hal, and prevent this from happening.
But since Zh Parallax can also disrupt the flow of time (not really control time itself), so... whoever goes first, wins.

But in a face-to-face fight, Volthoom can kiss ZH Parallax butt cheeks.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Onemoreposter

@xxgin: Ok, it can be confusing, mostly because Geoff Johns is a hack writer. Anyways, here's the break down in power levels and an attempt at explaining why.

Zero Hour Parallax >Hand of God Ion >Sinestro CORPS War Parallax =(roughly) Sinestro CORPS War Ion and all Sinestro CORPS War entities >White Lantern

Now I put the white lantern at the bottom because generally the power output seems to be about the same as the other CORPS rings. However, the white lantern ring shows special abilities such as being super effective against black lanterns, creating constructs capable of harming the Third Army, restoring life, and healing. In terms of raw power though, I don't see the white lantern ring as being much more powerful than any of the other CORPS ring.

Now Zero Hour(ZH) Parallax is the strongest because he consumed all the energy of the central power battery(CPB) on OA. The entire power of the corps was centered in one being. Additionally he later absorbed "cronal energies" from the time stream left over from the Anti-Monitor during Crisis on Infinite Earths(COIE). Also, through retroactive continuity(retcon) (feel free to ask about retcons if you're not yet familiar with that phrase) he also possessed the Parallax fear entity. ZH Parallax destroyed the entire universe an infinite amount of times over. He destroyed the universe in every moment of time from the end of time back to the beginning.

Hand of God(HOG) is simply what the fans call Kyle Rayner as Ion when he first became Ion. HOG Ion is the second strongest because he possessed almost the same abilities as ZH Parallax. When Parallax died reigniting the sun during Final Night (a mini-series in which DC's sun was extinguished) vast quantities of the energy Parallax absorbed from the CPB were left in the sun. Kyle Rayner absorbed these powers and called himself Ion. He was able to be a virtually anywhere in the universe at once. It was implied that nothing was beyond his power and that his power even surpassed that of the Spectre. Also, through retcon he possessed the Ion will power entity.

NOW, we get to the Green Lantern Rebirth (a story which saw the resurrection of Hal Jordan). Rebirth (written by Johns) established that "Parallax" wasn't just a name that Hal Jordan took for himself when he turned into a villain and tried to recreate the universe. Parallax was actually an ancient entity. Parallax was the avatar of fear. Parallax had possessed Hal Jordan and that's what lead to him turning into a villain. Later on in Sinestro CORPS war and during the War of Light, Johns would establish that each part of the emotional Spectrum had it's own ancient entity which acted as an avatar for that particular CORPS. For the Green Lanterns, their avatar was Ion. Through a retcon, it was written that when Kyle originally became Ion, it was because he had become possessed by the Ion entity.

Lol, still with me?

So, during the Sinestro Corps War and onward whenever someone got possessed by one of the emotional entities, be it Parallax or Ion, they got a boost in power. However, this boost in power was nowhere close to when we originally saw Parallax or Ion because originally both of them had HUGE additional power boosts on top of the entities. Parallax had all the power from the CPB and the cronal energies from the Anti-Monitor. Ion had all the left over power from the CPB from when Parallax killed himself reigniting the sun.

Hope that helps.

Edit: OH SNAP. Lol, I complete forgot the original question was Volthoom vs ZH Parallax. As said above ZH Parallax stomps because he display MUCH Higher Power levels than Volthoom (i.e. being able to destroy, manipulate, and create all of reality). So, to Volthoom into my original breakdown

ZH Parallax > HOG Ion > Volthoom > People possessed by emotional entities during Sinestro Corps War and onward > White Lantern

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

@xxgin: If it is HoG Ion yes. He was above Zero Hour Parallax

He is not above ZH Hal

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dondave

Parallax

Avatar image for parallax_hal_jordan
Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for howard_the-duck
Howard_The-Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Howard_The-Duck

Parallax

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zhp

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats would dictate Zero Hour Parallax would win, but its a lot closer than most people think.

Volthoom was in a verge of re-creating all reality just as well btw.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#28 frozen  Moderator

Feats would dictate Zero Hour Parallax would win,

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Parallax.

TheClassicIon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheClassicIon

@onemoreposter: You are mostly correct except one thing HOG Ion was more powerful than ZH Parallax, and the energy which Kyle got in the sun was the same amount of power Hal got from the Central Battery, cuz the left over energy was mixed with Oblivion's energy and it grew back to what it once was

Note what is said in first panel "returning like the phoenix it has been reborn" so all the power Parallax had was reborn thanks to fusing with Oblivion's energy, Kyle did not get less power than Hal, he got the same amount

No Caption Provided

Also note what is said in the panel at the bottom of the scan below

No Caption Provided

"More power than any other human has ever had control over". So this means he had more power than ZH Parallax Hal

Ion was also omnipresent, something which Hal was not, Kyle was many places in the universe at once doing stuff all over

He was also Omnipotent, another thing which ZH Parallax was not

No Caption Provided

And lastly, the reason Hal destroyed the universe in Zero Hour was to correct all mistakes ever made and start fresh, he could not correct mistakes without altering and unraveling reality so he decided to restart the universe new, Ion however could easily do this, he could change anything that happened without affecting the future or damaging reality

No Caption Provided

So all this shows Classic Ion was more powerful than ZH Parallax

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Volthoom at best is a universal threat; and that was after he had absorbed the emotions of the different Lanterns. Zero Hour Parallax is multiversal, and he has power good enough to make Volthoom look like a baby.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And Ion was wrong and do nothing impressive, cool

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Parallax

randell1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

people are misunderstanding something. Volthoom is the first and Most Powerful Lantern in existence. he discovered the Emotional electromagnetic spectrum. and can freely manipulate all colors of the spectrum. that gives him the advantage as he can absorb and manipulate any color. even if he started out weaker he would eventually be able to gain a tremendous power

Volthoom is so powerful that he was able to do battle with the combined might of all the lantern corps of the emotional spectrum. it wasn't until Nekron weakened him that Hal was able to separate him from his connection to the Emotional spectrum by Hal, and even than that was a temporary defeat as he actually has an eternal connection the spectrum and late resurrected.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3b5ee4922c4
deactivated-5d3b5ee4922c4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

ivan_jimenez86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points