Win con: Incap/Death

last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By last0fth3risen

Voldemort is essentially a localized reality warper. He wins.

Wait, "4ft"? Lol, why?

Ajak_XIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m comfortable taking Voldemort over almost every Jedi/Sitj if he actully uses his powers

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

Obi-Wan.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajak_xiv said:

I’m comfortable taking Voldemort over almost every Jedi/Sitj if he actully uses his powers

Quite a few of them would blitz him. Most Legends Force-users certainly would.

Voldemort is essentially a localized reality warper. He wins.

Voldemort is no more a reality warper than any other magic-using character. He certainly wouldn't have faced the challenges he did if he could just alter reality to his desire.

Its pretty well established that Voldemort will open up with AK curse, because that's what he does 90% of the time in the books and movies both. Obi-Wan can block such a projectile on his lightsaber, and could do the same against any Crucio projectile. Voldemort has no defense against the lightsaber, any one strike from which will put him down. He also has no real defense against telekinesis of the level Obi-Wan can bring to bear that I can remember. As I recall, HP witches and wizards do not fight with telekinesis, but with various projectile spells and curses.

There is of course Fiendfyre, but Voldemort has never used that in a single battle that I can recall, and its clearly not a tactic he would open with. In fact, even when Harry had come back from the dead and Voldemort had gone berserk trying to kill him, I don't think he used Fiendfyre even once. So I don't see why he would use it here. In any case, Obi-Wan's TK could likely disperse the flames, or at least keep them at bay.

Voldemort could use Expelliarmus to get rid of Obi-Wan's lightsaber, but it would not prevent Obi-Wan from calling it back to him with the Force, nor would it prevent him from responding by blasting Voldemort with TK.

Obi-Wan should win a majority under these conditions. Had the OP specified prep time and/or prior knowledge I could see Voldemort exploiting those things, but as it is, I'd give it to Kenobi for a majority.

Ajak_XIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: Crucio isn’t a projectile and Voldemort would never let kenobi get close seeing as he has telekinesis, flight, and if he’s ever grabbed or Kenobi attempts to engage him in melee Voldemort can just teleport away. If Voldemort disarms him, uses the cruciates on him Kenobi can’t do anything. Aoe attacks like fiendfire could be a problem as well. Kenobi hasn’t shown the movement speed to blitz at all seeing as Voldemort can react to spells. Also if he has his horcruxes it will be hard for him to be incapacitated. Voldemort can turn obi wans lightsaber into water and press him with telepathy(although I think obi wan can combat him here), without his lightsaber he won’t be able to deflect curses as well and will get overwhelmed.

Wabubub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi-Wan flexes and one shots. Voldemort is only a big fish in his incredibly small and weak pond. He'd need the drop on any notable force user to take them out.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajak_xiv:

1) Snape easily rebuffs Harry's attempts to hit him with it, suggesting that it is an attack that can be parried, not an insta-hit that can't be dodged. In any case, Voldemort is far more likely to open with the killing curse instead, because he almost always does.

2) Never seems to use TK in combat, definitely not with the frequency Jedi and Sith do. Kenobi's TK is nothing to scoff at, so he ought to be able to match him here.

3) Voldemort doesn't teleport-spam in combat ever that I can remember. So yes, he can apparate (as most witches and wizards can), but that isn't the same as abusing teleportation in a fight.

4) I already addressed Fiendfyre. Voldemort does not rely heavily on this power, and there is no reason to think he would immediately resort to it here.

5) Obi-Wan has reacted to blaster bolts, and HP spells don't appear to go much faster than them if at all. Also, I was referring to Legends Force-Users blitzing him, who absolutely would. Legends Obi-Wan alone scales to Anakin in speed and reflexes. Also reacting to ships flying at him at sublight speed. Disney Kenobi doesn't blitz. If he did, I would have just said that.

6) When has Voldemort ever turned a melee weapon into water? Why did he not do this against the Sword of Gryffindor? Why did he not turn Harry and Dumbledore's wands into water? Or the Kingsley, Slughorn, and Minerva's wands when they fought him?

Ajak_XIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: A lot of what you said I already basically addressed when I said “if he actually uses his powers”, he slammed teleportation against harry in the final battle on the steps and in the books him and dumbledore spammed in there entire fight. He could turn Obi wan into a Ferret if he wanted too, he could transfigure just lightsaber.I’ve seen nothing from Obi wan to see he could block something he can’t see and wouldn’t know what it can do. If the legends Jedi still got killed by clones I don’t see them blitzing lol but I haven’t read much legends so I could be wrong. I think if Voldemort uses his powers smartly he wins, if not he loses

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

i mean if its Disney canon this could be considered "close" but Kenobi still blitzes and can casually ragdoll

if this is Legends Kenobi then LOL Kenobi fodderizes so badly its not even kinda funny

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: He can create, transform, and delete objects at will. That's basically reality warping. He has trouble because his enemies can also do it.

AK blows up inanimate objects it touches, so blocking it with a lightsaber is ill-advised.

Voldemort can defend against TK. A lot of spells are TK-based, like even Expelliarmus, and Voldemort has no trouble blocking them. Crucio is not a projectile spell, and neither is Imperio.

Voldemort used Fiendfyre in the movie version of the fight with Dumbledore, and also encircled a room in fire with a snap of his fingers in book/movie 1. Also in book 1, he tied up Harry with ropes, without a projectile. Other wizards can defend against these kinds of attacks, but Obi-Wan can't.

Voldemort also has forcefields to protect himself from the lightsaber and the force (as they block TK-based spells). Unless he gets completely blindsided, I really don't see him losing.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenobi

Darkvanderling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers