Voldemort 16%
Gul'dan 84%
No Caption Provided

#8 Posted by doomsboy (499 posts) - - Show Bio

Who will win?

#9 Posted by TourneyMaster (941 posts) - - Show Bio

I fell Gul Dam has a damn good shot.

#12 Edited by BreakOfDawn (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know feats for Gul but after that IG Thanos vs Darkseid thing Screwattack should never be taken seriously again. Ever.

#13 Posted by jobbers (316 posts) - - Show Bio

Gul'dan does what Voldy does and has better physicals and drops meteors on top of that. Can't fly without help though.

#14 Posted by reikai (7426 posts) - - Show Bio

Gul'dan raised islands from the ocean floor and formed a perpetually erupting volcano in Outland. He can taint and corrupt spirits and created proto Death Knights, on top of other things. HP-verse is garbage tier next to Warcraft.

#15 Posted by foxerdes (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: I feel like it's a movie version, because let's be honest here, Gul'Dan is easily a mid-tier when it comes to damage output and has ton of hax.

#16 Edited by foxerdes (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomsboy said:

Who will win?

What version of Gul'Dan? Because the one from the game can summon an enormous army of demons at whim, decimate entire village with a single fel fire outburst, or clash with Khadgar with enough force to shake the Temple of Sargeras. If you use composite then you also have feats like raising the very same temple from the ocean or general warlock. I'd argue Gul'Dan can solo an entire Hogwart in a large-scale battle.

Riddle's only chance would be teleport/killing curse spam combined with NLF, as in assuming that Gul'Dan cannot block Avada Kedavra. Even then, well, Gul'Dan can simply burn the entire area. If they have basic knowledge then there is no way Tom wins because Gul'Dan ain't falling for anything stupid.

#17 Posted by geeman2 (2006 posts) - - Show Bio

Gul dan would solo the verse negative difficulty

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#18 Edited by FullMetalEmprah (3870 posts) - - Show Bio

Gul'dan is much more powerful. Even if you restrict him from summoning tons of demons he can still just incinerate him.

#19 Posted by ArkhamAsylum3 (2822 posts) - - Show Bio

Love how everyone is acting like destroying is village is a good feat when Voldemort literaly scales above city busting. Not saying he wins just found it kinda funny. Don't know nearly enough about the other guy to decide who would win.

#20 Posted by reikai (7426 posts) - - Show Bio

@arkhamasylum3: I'm still waiting for anyone to even prove that a HP character is even building-level, by actually destroying a building and not just suggesting they're capable of it. Because we don't need to suggest what Gul'dan is capable of. We have actual evidence of it.

#21 Posted by Sargeras (984 posts) - - Show Bio

Which timeline of GD? AU, MU, Movie or Composite?

#22 Posted by Helloman (27031 posts) - - Show Bio

Guldan wins.

#23 Edited by ArkhamAsylum3 (2822 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

@arkhamasylum3: I'm still waiting for anyone to even prove that a HP character is even building-level, by actually destroying a building and not just suggesting they're capable of it. Because we don't need to suggest what Gul'dan is capable of. We have actual evidence of it.

Voldemort scales above Grindelwald who was about to destroy Paris in Fantastic Beasts 2 before the intervention of Nicholas Flammel.

Also this isn't just suggestion. It actually was about to happen visibly on screen and earlier in the movie Flammel saw a vision of Paris being destroyed.

Lol at HP high tiers not being vastly above building level.

#24 Posted by Kratosx64x (1140 posts) - - Show Bio

Warcraft verse is far above HP verse. Gul'dan takes this easy. Feats considered as impressive in HP verse is like a common feat in Warcraft. If we talk movie version than it would be a closer match up.

#25 Posted by reikai (7426 posts) - - Show Bio

@arkhamasylum3: "He was about to do it!"...and it never happened. The "he had a vision" doesn't stand up to scrutiny. And if you wanna play the scaling game, well then Gul'dan scales to Ner'zhul who tore apart a planet. There, you just lost everything.

#26 Posted by foxerdes (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

Love how everyone is acting like destroying is village is a good feat when Voldemort literaly scales above city busting. Not saying he wins just found it kinda funny. Don't know nearly enough about the other guy to decide who would win.

I assume that you are talking to me, since the only post in which the village feat is mentioned, is mine. Anyway, I'm glad it brighten up your day. Should have mentioned it was Gul'Dan who just received the gift of fel and he did it with a single burst. It's not even close to being his high-end feat, but his current status and ease with which he did that, make it worth mentioning nonetheless. His true high-end feats, as mentioned by others, are showings like lifting entire temple, which is quite heavy, or raising a vulcano called later on Hand of Gul'Dan. Even before the peak of his power, he could quite casually create large amount of Fel and manipulate it into spikes, one that were sizeable even when compared to the entire Citadel. After being send as the leader of the burning legion, he can summon tower-size demons, and if you take into account Heros of the Storm then he can summon enormous fel storms as well.

Anyway. Wizards do have impressive feats like blowing up an entire street or, if you take the movies into account, destroying the shield surrounding Hogwart. Peter's feat alone puts the dark wizards quite high. Grindelwald's Protego Demonica (Fiendfyre? Not sure. I assume it was equally lethal) would destroy Paris, but wouldn't it simply ... burn it down? I'll be watching the movie today; gonna let you know what I found there.

#27 Posted by foxerdes (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: Well, Peter did that:

I -- I will never forget it. I still dream about it sometimes. A crater in the middle of the street, so deep it had cracked the sewer below. Bodies everywhere. Muggles screaming. And Black standing there laughing, with what was left of Pettigrew in front of him... a heap of bloodstained robes and a few -- a few fragments --"

And he is dirt compared to the likes of Tom Riddle or Grindelwald. You also have Fiendfyre. Grindelwald would prolly take down Paris but not in a single blast. That's the problem - I don't think the wizards could take down a large building with a single spell. A house or a large house though? I can't see why.

#28 Posted by ArkhamAsylum3 (2822 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes:

Thanks for the info. Looks to me like the other guy takes this pretty comfortably.

@reikai said:

@arkhamasylum3: "He was about to do it!"...and it never happened. The "he had a vision" doesn't stand up to scrutiny. And if you wanna play the scaling game, well then Gul'dan scales to Ner'zhul who tore apart a planet. There, you just lost everything.

Are you deliberately being this dense or are you just trying to annoy me while I'm in such a bad mood?

If you actually bothered to read what I wrote I literally said I know nothing about this verse and I'm not here to debate anything or prove HP wizards win. I was just posting a general comment.

First off we can see on screen that the spell could destroy Paris and several characters comment on it. They literally note that Paris will be destroyed. Not to menion you can already see it effortlessly wiping out a building and it was about to spread over all of Paris. Flames that can collapse buildings consuming Paris and you think it'd survive? Seriously?

As for the vision part are you deliberately being stupid to annoy me? Normally in fantasy visions of a threat in the future are taken seriously by characters and it's no different here. You have to be borderline retarded to not taken the vision as evidence. Coupled with everything else it makes it a certainty Grindelwald would have destroyed Paris if not for Flammel. And Voldemort scales pretty far above him so it's incredibly impressive.

Not going to engage in a scaling war for a universe I know nothing about. Just making a general comment as I think HP is terribly underrated on these forums.

#29 Edited by doomsboy (499 posts) - - Show Bio

Who will win?

Gul'dan :

No Caption Provided

or Voldemort :

No Caption Provided

#30 Posted by doomsboy (499 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is Harry Potter and Warcraft fans?

#31 Posted by doomsboy (499 posts) - - Show Bio

Who will win?

#32 Posted by geekryan (3802 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though the Warcraft verse > HP verse in power, Voldemort would beat Gul'dan. Much more versatile, can teleport around quite instantly, and has a one-shot spell that he uses often

#33 Posted by foxerdes (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan said:

Even though the Warcraft verse > HP verse in power, Voldemort would beat Gul'dan. Much more versatile, can teleport around quite instantly, and has a one-shot spell that he uses often

Well, theoretically you could argue that Riddle's fencing-like style of combat would triumph against that artillery-like of Gul'Dan, which, while extremely well suited for army busting or long range combat, might at first glance not fare so well in a single combat. Thing is that Gul'Dan' fel fire can take form of a large AoE waves - a violent bursts of chaotic energy that could stalemate Khadgar's arcane magic (Extremely old and experienced archmage) to the point where the entire vast Temple of Sargeras trembled. It resembles Fiendfyre, as in it won't be extuinguished by water and can last for hours. Tom would have to teleport a lot and even it would be extremely difficult to avoid it while Gul'Dan can move around freely. I'd say that versatility means little in such scenario - and Gul'Dan is hardly a one-trick pony himself. A hoarde of summons. Fel storms and rain of destruction. Telekinesis. Invisibility. Seeds of corruption. Heck, he can raise his hand and drain life of multiply nightfallen at once.

My point is that Gul'Dan can rain hell on an extremely large area or simply snap his finger and drain life from all the creatures around. He incapacitate creatures and his power was perceived by Nightfallen as a second sun -- he could lift entire friggin temple from the bottom of the sea, create a volcano and powered the portal for Archimonde to arrive through. Harry Potter verse is impressive but Gul'Dan is the most dangerous mortal warlock to walk the Azeroth. His pure power and chaotic destructive potential is just an icing on top of a huge cake of instant hax. The only way for Riddle to win, is if we assume that Avada Kedavra cannot be blocked in NLF fashion. In such case Gul'Dan wouldn't try to dodge it and get himself killed. Then again, it's kind of unfair to assume that when Gul'Dan blocked magic more powerful than that.

#34 Posted by TrueMoonchilde (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

Gul'dan would stomp quite honestly. The only advantage Voldemort has is mobility, but he's not so much faster that he could say blitz Gul'dan. Gul'dan meanwhile has actually bested a stronger mage (in Khadgar) and has more impressive feats over all like summoning meteors or volcanoes or armies of demons.

#35 Posted by Gaoron (7857 posts) - - Show Bio

Warcraft verse is far above HP verse. Gul'dan takes this easy. Feats considered as impressive in HP verse is like a common feat in Warcraft. If we talk movie version than it would be a closer match up.

#36 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

Gul'Dan would yawn and summon a demon to step on Voldemort

No Caption Provided

I can't see anyone possibly trying to make a case that Voldemort could handle even a single Vanilla WoW adventurer. Gul'Dan lost to them, but it took a small army.

#37 Posted by foxerdes (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: Players are OP. Shame on Illidian for stealing our kill.

#38 Posted by doomsboy (499 posts) - - Show Bio

Dumbledore comes to help Voldemort.

No Caption Provided

This match now:

Dumbledore and Voldemort VS Guldan

#39 Posted by cooljammy18 (2330 posts) - - Show Bio

Gul'dan solos the verse honestly.

#43 Posted by Soratoumiga (1705 posts) - - Show Bio

Gul'dan stomps.

#45 Posted by doomsboy (499 posts) - - Show Bio

This match now:

Dumbledore and Voldemort VS Guldan

Who will win?

#46 Posted by geeman2 (2006 posts) - - Show Bio

Gul'dan solos the verse.

#47 Posted by doomsboy (499 posts) - - Show Bio

@geeman2 said:

Gul'dan solos the verse.

Why is that?

#48 Posted by geeman2 (2006 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomsboy: He's the most powerful Warlock in Warcraft's history and wields Fel Magic which is basically the strongest form of magic in the verse, it can be used to completely drain someone of life and destroy their soul. Gul'dan demonstrated this on a large scale when he drained hundreds of Draenai prisoners of their life force in an instant. He raised the Broken Shore up from the bottom of the sea and this is an Island level feat, he was able to enter Medivh's mind (who is an even more powerful user of magic and previously beat Gul'dn) and could do the same to Voldemort. Even his skull corrupts the world around him and turned Illidian into a demon.

#49 Posted by Darkthunder (773 posts) - - Show Bio

Gul Dan solos hp

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#50 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (3870 posts) - - Show Bio

^This, so much this.