Voldemort runs an Avengers gauntlet (MCU)

Avatar image for deathwingterminatort1000
DeathWingTerminatorT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Now this may seem odd, but I saw a thread about Voldemort vs Dr Strange and people seemed really split. So I thought I'd have Voldemort run a gauntlet against the Avengers (MCU).

Round 1: Hawkeye

Round 2: Captain America

Round 3: Spiderman

Round 4: Iron Man

Round 5: Hulk

Round 6: Thor

Round 7: Scarlet Witch

Round 8: Quicksilver

Final Round: The Vision

Fight to the death. Setting: London. Voldemort has the Elder wand and it is completely obeying him. He has access to all of the official spells from the books and movies, and any feats from the books and movies. The Marvel characters have any standard equipment from the movies and movie feats only. No prep for anybody, random encounters, one on one fights only. If Voldemort wins a bout he gets time to fully recover from any wounds before the next fight.

Also, whilst Voldemort has his Horcruxes and is technically immortal, his body is not, so killing his body counts as a win.

Pimonster31415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

could stop at 2, 3, or 4...definitely stops at 6 because of aoe and speed and flight advantage

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 anthp2000  Moderator  Online
basicfan30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not happy about this answer but it's the truth. Voldemort easily beats everyone up to Quicksilver and Vision. The only reason they could be a problem is that they could surprise attack him. Killing Curse none of them have an answer for it. Voldemort clears 7.5/10

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By jumpstart55

He probably stops at four and definitely stops at five and six.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By helloman

Stops at 6.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

grappolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stops at 4

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 anthp2000  Moderator  Online
Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any reason he can't torture curse them indefinitely? Maybe not Wanda or Pietro, but I see that definitely working on the rest.

basicfan30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: ANTHP2000 well he also has TK spells and countless other spells that are not easily dodged or can affect the armor. As I said I'm not happy about it but Vold's magic is too much for MCU characters here.

DeathWingTerminatorT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:
@basicfan30 said:

I'm not happy about this answer but it's the truth. Voldemort easily beats everyone up to Quicksilver and Vision. The only reason they could be a problem is that they could surprise attack him. Killing Curse none of them have an answer for it. Voldemort clears 7.5/10

The Killing Curse has been blocked by grave stones and stone walls/pillars. It isn't getting past Iron Man's armour.

I agree. I think Iron Mans armour would block Avada Kedavra, as we've only ever seen the spell kill people through normal clothes and robes. However, what about a spell such as reducto? "A curse that can be used to blast solid objects into pieces. It is rather easy to reduce a target to a fine mist or a pile of ashes." I think with Voldemort, the most powerful dark wizard, using the elder wand, reducto should be able to damage or even completely destroy Iron Man's armour.

And what about imperio? That's not a projectile spell, so I son't think armour would do anything to stop it. Voldemort could just imperio Tony Stark and make him commit suicide by holding his breath or something. Not to mention Voldemort is an expert at mind control, and Tony has no way to block Voldemort from just entering his mind and completely BJORKING him up.

Pimonster31415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: he doesn't use his flight in combat as much as he should and if cap gets close or hits him with the shield he wins. Voldemort would win most of the battles but not a stomp-8/10 maybe.

Iron man could just blitz with rockets from long range. Imperio or Legimency seem to only be usable in close quarters and Avada Kedavra won't get past the armor plus he can dodge it. Those rockets are fast enough to kill Voldy before he gets his shields up i suspect and Tony will wreck if Voldemort decides to fight him in the air

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@pimonster31415: Voldemort can avoid cap getting close to him by simply teleporting

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@pimonster31415: Hermione who is flat out fodder compared to Voldemort blocked the force of a waterfall... I'd argue that he can block Cap's shield.

And just for the lulz, he can turn his shield in a chocolate bunny or something just with transfiguration. Or, he can flat out disarm him with the disarming spell. Its an effortless 10/10 stomp for Voldemort. Cap could.not hope to beat any decently skilled HP wizard or witch.

DeathWingTerminatorT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: he doesn't use his flight in combat as much as he should and if cap gets close or hits him with the shield he wins. Voldemort would win most of the battles but not a stomp-8/10 maybe.

Iron man could just blitz with rockets from long range. Imperio or Legimency seem to only be usable in close quarters and Avada Kedavra won't get past the armor plus he can dodge it. Those rockets are fast enough to kill Voldy before he gets his shields up i suspect and Tony will wreck if Voldemort decides to fight him in the air

Legimency can be used from miles away. That's why Harry had to learn Occlumency even though he's miles from Voldemort and within a magical castle with all kinds of protective charms. And as for Voldemort not deflecting rockets, I'm pretty sure spells in the HP universe travel faster than a rocket does, and we've seen that Voldemort can melt pylons, so I think he could stop rockets.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@deathwingterminatort1000: Spells in HP are arrow speed. We've seen arrows moving and we've seeing spells moving from the same distance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531df1eeb1f
deactivated-5c531df1eeb1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldmort isn't dodging IM's attacks.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could stop at round 1. Most likely starts at round 2

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@cregan_stark: If you mean that he stops at 2 then no. Any half decently skilled HP wizard would stomp Cap 10/10.

DeathWingTerminatorT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldmort isn't dodging IM's attacks.

Honestly I think it depends on who has the first attack. As soon as the battle starts Voldemort could just teleport silently and instantly behind Iron Man and use reducto.

Could stop at round 1. Most likely starts at round 2

How so? How do you think Captain America will win this?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531df1eeb1f
deactivated-5c531df1eeb1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathwingterminatort1000: It's no prep and random encounter. He for sure stops at IM. It's completely in Character for him to start with the killing curse, which wont stop because it's not hitting Tony. Tony then blasts him once and it's over.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nerdchore

He gets shot by hawkeye in the face

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdchore:

You think Voldy won't even be able to react to Hawkeye's arrows?

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ehh i could see all most mcu heroes having the chance to beat him. But if i had to choose...he's not getting past Stark.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 3

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything magic is always hard. Conjuring time is one of the biggest question marks in my mind. @nerdchore might be right - this may end at 1. Its been a long time since Ive seen the movie but I think Voldemort has at least some ability to immediately cast and react. Im going to say Spiderman has a chance, but im guessing Vold has some type of attack that would be omnidirectional and keep spidy off him. Ill say ends at 4. Ironman can keep his distance and barrage him. If he gets past Ironman, maybe he has a way to BFR hulk. No way he gets past Thor.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldchamp101: has he ever reacted to something at that speed? Even if he blocks one hawkeye will just use an exploding arrow

Pimonster31415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerolot: yes voldemort can teleport but if cap's first throw catches him by surprise he'll lose. Which could happen as voldemort has no speed feats whatsoever

jt_gh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 2.

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdchore:

has he ever reacted to something at that speed?

Depends. How fast are Hawkeye's Arrows?

Even if he blocks one hawkeye will just use an exploding arrow

Voldy has shielding charms which can prevent that.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldchamp101: Just curious where you think Vold would be taken down. Or do you think he would clear? Again, magic is the ultimate question mark, so I have no problem with someone making that case. Wanda is obviously a wild card, but I hate characters like her that are a plot device and have her powers vary so much, so Id accept that if its your contention. Again, just curious.

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ginman333:

4-6.

He can never dream to tag 7 so he stops there for sure.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathWingTerminatorT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything magic is always hard. Conjuring time is one of the biggest question marks in my mind. @nerdchore might be right - this may end at 1. Its been a long time since Ive seen the movie but I think Voldemort has at least some ability to immediately cast and react. Im going to say Spiderman has a chance, but im guessing Vold has some type of attack that would be omnidirectional and keep spidy off him. Ill say ends at 4. Ironman can keep his distance and barrage him. If he gets past Ironman, maybe he has a way to BFR hulk. No way he gets past Thor.

I don't think he'd need to BFR Hulk, considering Hulk has no armour and so no defense against the killing curse. Why do you think he couldn't get past Thor? Thor is pretty slow in the movies.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathwingterminatort1000: Id need to do more research on the killing curse. Im guessing you know a lot more about it than i do and that it has some substance here. Would be interested in hearing more about that. As for Thor, I would say im not basing that just on speed. Id say that thor has a bunch of pluses including strength (could literally kill with one hit), energy attacks, durability, etc. You may have a card up your sleeve with this killing curse thing - Im not saying no. Hence my comment on why magic is a wild card! ha ha. Look at the response I had to goldchamp and Im def not ruling anything out. I just question Vold's ability to consistently defeat all of Thor's abilities because I think thor could take a number of attacks and still dish it out, but think if a single one of Thor's attacks got through that Vold would be a gonner (at least for now...bum bum bummmmmmmmm).

TheNoobStomper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Hawkeye is quick enough the might even manage to kill each other.

Steve has the shield,i guess its capable of blocking ray-like attacks like the killing curse. If he sucessfully lands a shield hit on Voldi its over. If not, i see Voldi winning.

Not much to say here. Its clearly a matter of speed.

Round 4 he aint getting past Tony's armor. Ironman stomps. If Tony wants to kill him he will do it like he killed the terrorists on his first movie, using the mini bullets

DeathWingTerminatorT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ginman333: Well the killing curse kills any creature it makes contact with. The only reason Harry survived was because of ancient powerful magic and also Voldemort accidentally turning him into a horcrux. I do think Iron Mans armour would stop it, as we have seen things like gravestones stop it. It gets through clothes in the HP universe as everyone uses normal clothes and robes, which it can burn through. But although the Hulk is very durable, as soon as the curse makes contact with his skin, it will kill him. Hulks best bet is attempting to dodge it, but he's a very big target.

Thor's best bet of surviving the curse is blocking it with Mjonir or dodging it, which I think he could just about manage. Thor's armour would also possibly block the spell. Of course, you have to consider Voldemort's silent teleportation, as he could just get behind Thor and curse him from a few feet. Voldemort also has access to such spells as reducto, which in his hands can destroy massive structures like bridges and pylons and reduce them to ash. A final consideration is whether Thor has any defense against such mind controls as the imperio curse or legimency. I'm not sure whether Thor has any telepathic feats even in the comics. Thor's best bet of winning is speed-blitzing Volde before he can teleport and hitting him with Mjolnir. Personally I still think Volde wins.

I probably should have put Iron Man after Thor and Hulk since he actually seems to be a bigger threat to Voldemort than those two.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldchamp101: couldnt tell you but is think faster than spells aeeing as regular kids can dodge them.

He wouldnt know its an exploding arrow.

Hawkeye fires it just close enough to miss and then bang.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathwingterminatort1000: How quickly can he cast killing curse? Whats the normal cast time for most of what he does? If his wand is removed, how does that impact this (I dont recall the movie but I think all these people do better with wands, right?)?

DeathWingTerminatorT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ginman333: It's unclear how long casting is. It's either about 2 seconds whilst he says the incantation, or instantaneously, but I think a powerful spell like that needs the incantation. The travel time is about arrow speed if not fractionally faster. Without a wand you can't really cast intricate spells, so I doubt he could use specific curses, but we see that Voldemort has rather strong raw telekinetic ability considering his melting of multiple pylons without directing his wand at them. The Death Eaters, who are lower in power than Voldemort, had the ability to destroy a bridge on the Thames simply by flying around them in their wraith like forms.

Although I do recall some lower tier specific spells cast without a wand by HP characters, like I said, I think the killing curse is too intricate.

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdchore:

but is think faster than spells aeeing as regular kids can dodge them.

They dodge them because they likely have fast reaction speeds. Harry for example has above average reaction speed.

He wouldnt know its an exploding arrow.

He wouldn't need to know.

Hawkeye fires it just close enough to miss and then bang.

Fires it close enough to miss? And Voldy won't let Hawkeye get so close.

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

How Hawkeye is beating Voldie if Voldie has arrow timing reflexes or even higher? Come on even Umbridge had arrow timing reflexes. Voldie was able to cast fire snake and avada kadavra from two other sides of room almost simultaneously at Dumbledore. Dumbledore would die there if not Fawkes.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 anthp2000  Moderator  Online
DeathWingTerminatorT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerolot: Also Voldemort can just put a constant shield around him. He doesn't even really need high reaction speeds

Pimonster31415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathwingterminatort1000: that was a special case since harry and voldemort had a connection. There's a reason Voldemort had to visit Grindelwald in his castle instead of ripping the secrets out of his head from hundreds of miles away.

Tzimiscelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no way anything voldemort launches can hope to touch spiderman, but even if spiderman suffers an apoplegy attack and failed to dodge voldemorts avada kedavra, Iron man oneshot voldemort after the first curse bounces off his armour