10. 616 Thanos

The Rules

• Win by Death/KO/Incap
  • Morals Off
  • Stated Versions
  • Starting distance is 100 feet
  • Composite Book/Movie Voldemort
#2 Posted by CocaColaMan (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably stops at 7. Little to no chance of passing 8. He stomps all the previous guys at the same time, though.

#3 Posted by GIliad_ (6759 posts) - - Show Bio

"Street Tier Gauntlet" *616 Thanos*

#4 Posted by BladeOfFury (3907 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 2.

#5 Posted by BladeOfFury (3907 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably stops at 7. Little to no chance of passing 8. He stomps all the previous guys at the same time, though.

lol, how does he beat Oliver?

#6 Posted by Soratoumiga (5560 posts) - - Show Bio

AK clears ez

Avatar image for supermanfan1938
#7 Posted by Supermanfan1938 (1125 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 1. Voldemort is slow fodder. I can blitz him

#8 Posted by CocaColaMan (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladeoffury: He could use

• Avada Kedavra
  • Crucio
  • Imperio
  • Fiendfyre
  • TK
  • Reducto
  • Stupefy
  • Expelliarmus
  • Transfiguration
  • Impendementa (?)

Just off the top of my head.

#9 Posted by geekryan (6210 posts) - - Show Bio

Stomps 1-7.

Stops at 8 if she speed-blitzes. If not, he stops at 9.

#10 Posted by ANTHP2000 (31182 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we've established long ago that Ward gunblitzes and MCU Matt baton throws while dancing around Voldemort's slow spells.

#11 Posted by BladeOfFury (3907 posts) - - Show Bio

@cocacolaman: Oliver will put an arrow into Voldy before he tries those, given his vastly superior draw speed.

#12 Edited by SocaJunkie (9688 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladeoffury: Yah no, an arrow isn’t tagging Voldemort.

Especially not at 1,000 feet.

#13 Posted by geekryan (6210 posts) - - Show Bio

Starting distance is 1000 feet. No one is shooting him with an arrow or a bullet from that distance before he apparates behind them and kills them

#14 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6950 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does it just jump from CW Arrow to Thanos lmao

#15 Posted by AlexTheBoss (19670 posts) - - Show Bio

If Thanos has his sword to block avada kadavera Voldemort stops there. If Thanos doesn't have his blade, Voldemort probably stops at Captain Marvel since her energy should be able to block/go through Voldemort's spells.

#16 Posted by BladeOfFury (3907 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: Oliver and Voldy will obviously close most of the distance before they start spamming projectiles at each other.

#17 Posted by BladeOfFury (3907 posts) - - Show Bio

yea, it should jump from Thanos to Arrow

#18 Posted by CocaColaMan (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladeoffury: 1. As everyone else said, at 1000 feet, Voldemort isn'tt getting sniped with an arrow.

2. Ollie isn't really faster. Riddle is an obvious three steps above everyone else in the verse except Dumbledore and Grindelwald, and yet regular wizards reacting to each other's spells isn't uncommon. Consider the speed of spells, which one Avada Kedavra can be seen here for a reference:

Loading Video...

Or here:

Loading Video...

With regular wizards being able to react to spells that fast, along with the obvious arrow timing feat from Umbridge, I don't think that Voldemort is going to be blitzed by an arrow. And you can't really argue multiple arrows overwhelming him when the man can literally summon a massive flaming snake to protect him.

#19 Posted by SocaJunkie (9688 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladeoffury: And with that in mind you still think Ollie wins somehow.

#20 Posted by BladeOfFury (3907 posts) - - Show Bio

@cocacolaman: Voldy and Oliver obviously won't be shooting at each other from a thousand feet, they will close most of the distance before engaging.

Those are nice speed feats though, I wasn't aware of the speed at which spells travel. Voldemort would only be able to arrow-time if we assume that reactions scale, which is quite questionable, but if we do, Oliver might actually have a harder time than Ward.

I'd still lean towards Oliver though. He can shoot two arrows at once to bypass Voldy's reactions or simply overwhelm him with draw speed. It took Voldemort more time to conjure his flaming snake than it took Snape to flick his wand, so I doubt he will have time to defend from multiple arrows, and Oliver's trick arrows can really mess him up as well.

#21 Posted by BladeOfFury (3907 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: Changing the distance doesn't change the fact that Oliver can shoot arrows faster than Voldemort can release his spells. 1000 feet, 100 feet, or 10.

#22 Posted by KoLKent (1601 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by BladeOfFury (3907 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by Thorthunder98 (6950 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98 said:

yea, it should jump from Thanos to Arrow

Exactly

#25 Posted by KoLKent (1601 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by ANTHP2000 (31182 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Boby501 (575 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop at 9. 8 to 9 is like a bug to a dragon

#28 Posted by PayneInTheAss (12933 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears

#29 Posted by Kevd4wg (14309 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by geekryan (6210 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Kevd4wg (14309 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan said:

@kevd4wg: Bait.

People were saying 1000 feet was too far, I was trying to make it more fair

#32 Posted by BladeOfFury (3907 posts) - - Show Bio

Oliver has even better chances now

#33 Posted by geekryan (6210 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:
@geekryan said:

@kevd4wg: Bait.

People were saying 1000 feet was too far, I was trying to make it more fair

100 feet is too close tho. Any marksman worth their salt can shoot accurately from that range.

#34 Posted by Kevd4wg (14309 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan: I've seen arguments saying Wizards can bullet time from closer

#35 Posted by geekryan (6210 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:

@geekryan: I've seen arguments saying Wizards can bullet time from closer

Lol no. Wizards are arrow-timers, not bullet-timers.

#36 Posted by CocaColaMan (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

@cocacolaman: Voldy and Oliver obviously won't be shooting at each other from a thousand feet, they will close most of the distance before engaging.

Those are nice speed feats though, I wasn't aware of the speed at which spells travel. Voldemort would only be able to arrow-time if we assume that reactions scale, which is quite questionable, but if we do, Oliver might actually have a harder time than Ward.

I'd still lean towards Oliver though. He can shoot two arrows at once to bypass Voldy's reactions or simply overwhelm him with draw speed. It took Voldemort more time to conjure his flaming snake than it took Snape to flick his wand, so I doubt he will have time to defend from multiple arrows, and Oliver's trick arrows can really mess him up as well.

This has already been changed, but you had a good point on the distance thing.

Considering the absolutely ridiculous amount of versatility at hand, I doubt that Arrow would surpass Voldemort's reactions with a few arrows. Voldemort doesn't necessarily need the snake itself, but that doesn't stop him from summoning fire in general, or just casting Protego. The difference between Voldemort and Oliver is that Arrow needs to grab an arrow, nock it, aim it, and shoot it, while Voldemort needs a single flick of the wrist to perform his spells. Unless Arrow is supposed to be so much faster than Voldemort that he can do all of that before Tom flexes, Voldemort's win is practically undeniable.

#37 Posted by BladeOfFury (3907 posts) - - Show Bio

@cocacolaman:

The difference between Voldemort and Oliver is that Arrow needs to grab an arrow, nock it, aim it, and shoot it, while Voldemort needs a single flick of the wrist to perform his spells. Unless Arrow is supposed to be so much faster than Voldemort that he can do all of that before Tom flexes, Voldemort's win is practically undeniable.

IIRC, wizards still need to say the word in their minds when performing spells and aim their wand, which would take a little more time. Not that Oliver needs it, his draw speed is inhuman even with all the actions he needs to perform.

No Caption Provided

In this tie-in, while dodging bullets, he shoots arrows so quickly that the previous one only has time to move a foot or two before the next one is released. I saw nothing from Voldemort to suggest that he can summon a spell in under a hundredth of a second, which is how long it took for Oliver to shoot an arrow in the above instance.

For an even more relevant example, Oliver grabbed an arrow, nocked it, aimed it, and shot it at a small target before Vigilante (someone who can shoot arrows out of the air and catch even faster projectiles with his fingers) could pull the trigger.

So yea, Oliver can totally beat Voldemort to the draw.

Voldemort doesn't necessarily need the snake itself, but that doesn't stop him from summoning fire in general, or just casting Protego.

Protego would be successful in covering Voldemort's entire body, but a) it looked slower than the other spells, b) the glass that Voldemort chucked at the shield partially went through IIRC, so an arrow that can pierce bullet-proof material might penetrate, and c) I don't believe Voldemort can counter-attack from behind the shield. Oliver would then be able to mess Tom up with explosives.

And this is all under the assumption that Tom has higher reflexes than the arrow-timers just because he's more powerful overall, which is quite questionable. Would you say that Vigilante bullet-timing suggests that Oliver can do it too?

#38 Edited by ourmanuel (13905 posts) - - Show Bio

ollie stomps

Avatar image for supermanfan1938
#39 Edited by Supermanfan1938 (1125 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals off Voldemort is the same as regular Voldemort. He just spams Avada Kedavra which normal humans can dodge

Nolan Batman dodges and low diffs with some sharp ass batarangs

#40 Edited by Crevanille (802 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Cap. Cap's shield should be enough to reflect Voldemort's spells. Either that or Cap throws his shield and The Dark Lord loses his wand arm.

#41 Posted by CocaColaMan (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladeoffury:

IIRC, wizards still need to say the word in their minds when performing spells and aim their wand, which would take a little more time. Not that Oliver needs it, his draw speed is inhuman even with all the actions he needs to perform.

Thinking is nowhere near enough a deter to actually be of any harm here. And while I do recognize this, I think that Voldemort's advantage of needing just a single, small movement while Oliver needs a few larger ones is enough to suggest that, even if he's inferior in draw speed, he'll get in the first hit.

In this tie-in, while dodging bullets, he shoots arrows so quickly that the previous one only has time to move a foot or two before the next one is released. I saw nothing from Voldemort to suggest that he can summon a spell in under a hundredth of a second, which is how long it took for Oliver to shoot an arrow in the above instance.

First off, that doesn't look to me like all the bullets are being dodged. It seems more like they missed. Secondly, yes, that draw speed feat is beyond what Voldemort could pull off beyond reasonable doubt, but Voldemort has to use a significantly smaller movement to do what he needs to, and that should be enough to overcome the advantage.

For an even more relevant example, Oliver grabbed an arrow, nocked it, aimed it, and shot it at a small target before Vigilante (someone who can shoot arrows out of the air and catch even faster projectiles with his fingers) could pull the trigger.

There's an experiment you can do at just about any time where you place a dollar bill on a table, then have two people place their hands above it. The person closer can't move until the farther one does, but almost every time, the farther one gets it first. While I understand both people here are doing far different things, and that this is still better than what Voldemort could do on feats, it's still something to consider.

Protego would be successful in covering Voldemort's entire body, but a) it looked slower than the other spells,

Do you have an example of this? I never saw this in the books or movies.

b) the glass that Voldemort chucked at the shield partially went through IIRC, so an arrow that can pierce bullet-proof material might penetrate,

That was in a duel with Dumbledore, the Da Vinci of the wizards. We have no idea what spell Albus may have been using at that point, for all we know, that spell could have been specifically for that purpose. And even if the arrows could get through the shield, I don't think it's unreasonable to say they would have slowed, which would give Voldemort time to deflect them and prepare for an attack.

and c) I don't believe Voldemort can counter-attack from behind the shield. Oliver would then be able to mess Tom up with explosives.

I don't see any reason why he couldn't. Even if he couldn't cast a spell through the shield, he has Apparation like he used against Dumbledore in the books. I think it's fair to say that if Voldemort can keep up with Dumbledore through his teleportation, he can fool Arrow, who would be totally unprepared for Voldemort's sorcery.

Explosives are nice, but considering how there's several explosive spells (Bombarda, Confringo, Expulso, Reducto, etc.) that I have no doubt Voldemort could counter, him being able to counter explosive arrows isn't out of the question.

And this is all under the assumption that Tom has higher reflexes than the arrow-timers just because he's more powerful overall, which is quite questionable.

Voldemort kept up with the single most powerful character in the series, the person who was effortlessly a blur to Quidditch Seeker Harry Potter, someone who has been constantly noted as above average in his dueling skills. Voldemort also kept up with McGonagall, Kingsley, and Slughorn at the same time while they were protected by Harry's protective sacrifice. In the OOTP movie, he disarmed Harry even though he was already pointing right at him. Bellatrix, who is no doubt inferior to Riddle, was fighting Hermione, Ginny, and Luna at the same time. Grindelwald, one of only two people in the series who we can call Voldemort level, blocked a spell from behind and fought/overwhelmed dozens of Aurors without ever getting hit once. Dumbledore, the only character superior to Tom (though Voldy kept up with him in a duel), blitzed a whole room full of people including McGonagall, Kingsley, and one implied exceptional wizard who apparently got an O on all NEWTs. One of those characters showed an on-screen arrow timing feat, even though we only see her raising her wand when the arrow was a few feet away. Worth noting the same character was constantly mentioned as short and probably physically inferior to most, especially young, athletic Triwizard-Champion Seekers like Harry. Saying Voldemort is faster than the arrow-timers is practically undeniable.

Would you say that Vigilante bullet-timing suggests that Oliver can do it too?

With everything I have seen of Oliver at this point in speed, him being a bullet timer isn't out of the question. Though I'm definitely not an expert, so I can't say for sure.

#42 Posted by vengefulshot (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops hard at carol due to huge speed discrepancy. Voldemort would body these street levellers, he'd wipe them all out at once with fiendfyre.

#43 Posted by kalkent (3763 posts) - - Show Bio

@cocacolaman@bladeoffury Voldemort can just use a spell that is can not be perceived by the eye and then ollie is screwed. Crucio would bury his ass quickly lmao.

#45 Edited by SocaJunkie (9688 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladeoffury: No he can’t. Voldemort moves FTE and wizards on his level can and have duelled 1 vs 3 where the three he’s fought are top class wizards all able to fire off several spells in under a second, Dumbledore his peer speed blitzed and one-shotted a room full of death eaters.

This would be apparent to anyone who read the books.

There’s nothing Oliver can do if Voldemort decides to wave his hand and disarm his bow or transfigure it into a snake, or summon fiendfyre, it’s a mismatch.

Umbridge, an average Witch by all means and somebody who would get fodderized by Kingsley, who got low diffed by Bellatrix who would get dismissed by Voldemort- already casually arrow timed so I have no idea why you think Ollie is a threat to someone who can fly, teleport, transmute, use TK, mind control and break the laws of physics at his leisure.

Another thing to keep in mind is some wizards like Snape use legilimency to read the minds of opponents to see what they’ll do before they do it in a precognitive way- Voldemort is the world’s best legilimency user.

#46 Posted by TrueMoonchilde (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap should be above Olliver, not that it matters though as he stops at MCU Thanos. Also, why the huge jump in power-level? You go from Cap to Thanos? Why not like Wonder Woman or Iron Man or both in between there?

#47 Posted by Bearderby (1732 posts) - - Show Bio

stops at 8

#48 Posted by Zuriel-el (3935 posts) - - Show Bio

#49 Posted by TheHolyFish (547 posts) - - Show Bio

Stomps 1-6. Hard stop at 7.

#50 Posted by Mamtis123 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

If the first one was MCU Mysterio, he would stop very soon