Voldemort Gauntlet

WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WeAreTheFlash

Rounds 1-3 Voldemort has his original wand. Rounds 3-5 Voldemort has Elder Wand, which recognizes Voldemort as it's master.

Round 1:

Ronald Weasley, Hermione Granger, Harry Potter, and Severus Snape

No Caption Provided

Round 2:

Dumbledores Army

No Caption Provided

Consisting of Hannah Abbott, Lavender Brown, Katie Bell, Susan Bones, Terry Boot, Cho Chang, Michael Corner, Colin Creevey, Dennis Creevey, Marietta Edgecombe, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Seamus Finnigan, Anthony Goldstein,Hermione Granger, Angelina Johnson, Lee Jordan, Neville Longbottom, Luna Lovegood, Ernie Macmillan, Padma Patil, Parvarti Patil, Harry Potter, Zacharias Smith, Alicia Spinnet, Dean Thomas, Fred Weasley, George Weasley, Ginny Weasley, and Ron Weasley.

Round 3:

Snape, Lestrange, Malfoy, and Greyback.

No Caption Provided

Round 4:

Flitwick, McGonagall, and Snape.

No Caption Provided

Round 5:

Order of the Phoniex Members Consisting of:

• Minerva McGonagall, Filius Flitwick, Horace Slughorn. Rubeus Hagrid, Alastor Moody, Kingsley Shacklebolt, and Sirius Black.

Round 6:

Dumbledore

No Caption Provided

Rules for this round:

Dumbledore isn't trying to kill him.

Both have elder wand.

ValarMelkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ValarMelkor

Clears. Voldemort was wayyy above anyone else in Harry Potter universe besides Dumbledore. Also with the Elder Wand you literally can't lose a duel in the HP verse.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Voldy would clear but round 5 is gonna be hell.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cpt_nice

@sanitrize1999:

I think round 4 and 2 should be switched. Most of the students are fodder and round 2 has some pretty OP magic users. I think that round is definitely a hard one but Voldemort can clear it, as he beat a similar match up in book 7. Round 3 is mostly tricky due to Bellatrix who has amazing feats, but Malfoy is a weak link and Fenrir is getting one shotted.

He stops at rounds 5 though. Way too many powerhouses peppering him from all sides. Voldemort already stalemated with three of the exact same people from that gauntlet and in addition to that you have Flitwick, a former duel champion, Moody who is a veteran auror, Hagrid as a nice unpredictable wild card, AND Sirius. Voldie will give the team hell before they win, but I see no way he is clearing this.

@valarmelkor said:

Also with the Elder Wand you literally can't lose a duel in the HP verse.

Are you being sarcastic?

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343@alphaq What do you guys think? I honestly can't see any one wizard clear round 5, not even Voldie

ValarMelkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice said:

@sanitrize1999:

I think round 4 and 2 should be switched. Most of the students are fodder and round 2 has some pretty OP magic users. I think that round is definitely a hard one but Voldemort can clear it, as he beat a similar match up in book 7. Round 3 is mostly tricky due to Bellatrix who has amazing feats, but the Malfoys are pretty weak and Fenrir is getting one shotted.

He stops at rounds 5 though. Way too many powerhouses peppering him from all sides, and then you have Hagrid as a nice unpredictable wild card. Voldie will give the team hell before they win, but I see no way he is clearing this.

@valarmelkor said:

Also with the Elder Wand you literally can't lose a duel in the HP verse.

Are you being sarcastic?

No. It was created by Death as wand that could defeat all others. That's what the eldest Peverell brother asked Death for. Nobody who had the Wand and it's allegiance ever lost a duel. Voldemort never truly had it's allegiance though.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cpt_nice

@valarmelkor: Except Dumbledore beat Grindelwald, who had the elder wand including allegiance, and thus got ownership over it.

It is even confirmed in cannon that the whole Three Brothers tale is partly legend, as fairy tales tend to be.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cpt_nice

@valarmelkor: And there are other examples in the EU, such as Egbert the Egregious defeating Emeric the Evil in a duel and taking over ownership as described in the Tales of Beedle the Bard.

ValarMelkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ValarMelkor

@cpt_nice: Oh, yeah, I forgot Grindelwald had the Elder Wand.

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Full123

Might stop at 5, otherwise clears. Hagrid is a non-factor in Round 5, Voldy already casually took the three professors without control of his wand, but Alastor, Sirius and Kingsley tip a win for them I think.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

I don't think the students even of such number should be above the death eaters and proffesors. They should be Round 2. Students are fodder and weak and most of those are random. Round 3, Proffesors and Round 4 Death Eaters. I believe he is able to clear with extreme difficulty but I don't see him doing so. Round 5 is a nice battle though. I don't know why Hagrid is here. But anyway, Round 5 can stop him. Too many awesome wizards.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36
deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't Hagrid tank most offensive spells since he's half giant? In the books I remember like 6 Ministry officials attacking him with stunning spells at the same time and Hagrid just no sold the attacks then stomped some of them h2h.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@goldroger1: I don't think Voldemort will throw stunning spells on people. The teams needs to best him in offense. The defence is already enough.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

I think Hagrid is actually a nice addition as he brings something to the table nobody else can, h2h. If he manages to hit Voldemort, he is instantly ko'ed. And while Voldie is too mobile for that in theory, in that battle he is dealing with 6 people shooting spells at him AND he has to be on the look out for Hagrid punching him? Not an easy task.

I honestly don't see how anyone can think he clears, even if we disregard Hagrid as irrelevant. He stalemated with Kingsley, McGonagall and Slughorn already and did not break the tie until he saw Bellatrix die, add in Flitwick who I think is only outranked by Kingsley in terms of duelling skill on the team AND Black/Moody who should be solid duelists, I think that kinda seals the deal.

I forsee casulties, maybe as much as half of the good guys, but I think no one wizard in the Harry Potter verse can take on 6 opponents of that caliber and win.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@cpt_nice: You're right actually. I edited already. I thought of it a lttle more. Maybe Dumbldore had a small chance of taking them. What do you think of the Rounds? I think It is students < professors < death eaters as of the teams here. Professors and death eaters are small gap though. Mainly because while Bellatrix is MVP and can take any of the professors, Flitwick can take a snatcher and a student. Almost even, but Bella saves the death eaters.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: I think an argument can be made for death eaters and professors being interchangable. Death eaters have Bellatrix, who as you know is super OP in terms of dueling. But then again, they also have Malfoy and Fenrir, who any of the professors would solo with ease. Snape cancels out Snape, so it kinda depends on whether you think Bellatrix could defeat either McGonagall or Flitwick before the other can defeat Malfoy and Fenrir, which I don't think so. Bellatrix is amazing, but she will take more than 5 seconds, which is how long I see Fenrir and Malfoy last against somebody on Flitwick's level, lol.

I do agree the students should def be 2, not 4. Most of them have no or barely any duel feats, especially if we just go by book 5.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@cpt_nice: Yeah, it's pretty much amost a stalemate :P Flitwick solos snatcher-student, Bella beat McGonagall and Snape, well, Snape. :P I think McGonagall would last a looot longer with Bellatrix than Malfoy and Fenrir can last with Flitwick.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36
deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice said:

@anthp2000:

I think Hagrid is actually a nice addition as he brings something to the table nobody else can, h2h. If he manages to hit Voldemort, he is instantly ko'ed. And while Voldie is too mobile for that in theory, in that battle he is dealing with 6 people shooting spells at him AND he has to be on the look out for Hagrid punching him? Not an easy task.

I honestly don't see how anyone can think he clears, even if we disregard Hagrid as irrelevant. He stalemated with Kingsley, McGonagall and Slughorn already and did not break the tie until he saw Bellatrix die, add in Flitwick who I think is only outranked by Kingsley in terms of duelling skill on the team AND Black/Moody who should be solid duelists, I think that kinda seals the deal.

I forsee casulties, maybe as much as half of the good guys, but I think no one wizard in the Harry Potter verse can take on 6 opponents of that caliber and win.

Hmm, how about a morals off prime Dumbledore w/ Elder Wand?

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@goldroger1: I can also see morals off Dumbldore taking this with extreme difficulty but he has really small chances.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anthp2000  Moderator  Online
cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cpt_nice
anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

I'm dying! :P

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@cpt_nice: I'm pretty sure Lockhart solos Round 5...

WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I added another round.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanitrize1999: Well, Dumbledore by himself is not more difficult than round 5. But I don't think Tom can beat him. YMMV.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@sanitrize1999: Stalemates with morals on Dumbldore as I see it. I still think Round 5 is harder than Dumbldore.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stops at round 5 or 6

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know the kids suck and will fold in an actual fight, but theoretically, couldn't they all just launch spells at the same time and Voldemort wouldn't be able to block them all?

- 59 wins and counting. 3 tournaments.

War With Words

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice said:

@leo-343@alphaq What do you guys think? I honestly can't see any one wizard clear round 5, not even Voldie

If this is composite/movie versions Voldemort should be able to pass round 5 with his ridiculous movie feats, where he's just on a whole new level. The whole verse got an upgrade in the movies but Voldemort, Jesus Christ, he's just insane.

If this is just book feats he should make it to round 5 and stop there, due to numbers. The difficulty throughout the rounds depends on how soon it takes him to use AOE. Well, actually... being honest I could see him winning a few rounds against 5 purely via AOE if he opts to use it, since, as we know, the beauty of it is that it affects everyone at once. They can't present a collective defense to such an attack, just a collection of individual defenses, which should fail considering McGonagall, Kingsley and Slughorn, all of them powerful and versatile wizards, were one-shotted by a heavily nerfed version of Voldemort's AOE.

In both canon sources he's inferior to Albus though.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq: Yeah, his book feats are way less 'impressive', or I should say bombastic.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know the kids suck and will fold in an actual fight, but theoretically, couldn't they all just launch spells at the same time and Voldemort wouldn't be able to block them all?

War With Words

In the movies, during his fight against Dumbledore he created a shield that protected him from a wave of fire as it washed over him, which would be required to be omni-directional due to the heat proceeding and following the wave itself, as it washed over him.

No Caption Provided

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@alphaq: I don't think that team of Round 5 can't take him even with his movie feats.

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq: Voldy also had omni-directional shields in the books. Incidentally, that was shown in the same Dumbledore vs Voldemort fight in both the book and the movie.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AlphaQ

I'd also like to add to my post where I mentioned AOE, since the only time Voldemort used AOE in the books was when Bellatrix was killed so it's kinda circumstantial, but I believe it was more that he was left alone in the fight that affected and infuriated him, rather than any long-term or sentimental thoughts. It's implied in the books that Voldemort is a coward at heart, with a fear of the unknown and losing power, he's not the kind of guy who would fight against the odds if he could help it. If he saw that he was out-manned and on the back foot I do believe he could exert his powers to the fullest - look at his duel with Dumbledore, the guy was livid when he couldn't breach his defense and chose the cheap, easy option.

@cpt_nice said:

@alphaq: Yeah, his book feats are way less 'impressive', or I should say bombastic.

Yup, kinda awkward for us book fans but its visually stunning nonetheless.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AlphaQ

@anthp2000 said:

@alphaq: I don't think that team of Round 5 can't take him even with his movie feats.

That's fine but I'd have to disagree. Even just the flame snake, which is probably Fiendfyre, is an incredible feat, since none of the Order members could try to pass it or move around it, due to the heat such large amounts of fire creates and it's respectable speed. Or the telekinetic shockwave that shattered all the glass in the Ministry atrium and staggered Dumbledore who was using a shield at the time, that's no small amount of power. Both of those would be pretty devastating. Never mind that he can Disapparate so seamlessly Harry missed it despite actively dueling him at the time, and can fly and fight at the same time, giving him more speed than any wizard alive and a huge increase in durability, being able to fly through marble. He could even oneshot the defenses around Hogwarts, a feat of raw power that dwarfs those of the Order members.

Of course I'am sure you are aware of these feats but I felt I should provide my reasons nonetheless, and there you have them, if you're interested in them.

@full123 said:

@alphaq: Voldy also had omni-directional shields in the books. Incidentally, that was shown in the same Dumbledore vs Voldemort fight in both the book and the movie.

Do you mean when he was enveloped by Dumbledore's whip of fire? I'am not sure that shows an omni-directional shield, it seems to be just Transfiguration, though he may have used one also.

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq: Dumbledore's whip of fire wrapped around his shield and then Voldy turned it into a snake using Transfiguration. I'll try to dig up some quotes, hang on.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@full123: That's okay I have the book on hand and am looking at the quote.

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq said:

@full123: That's okay I have the book on hand and am looking at the quote.

I just looked at it, and if it isn't omni-directional shields, then Voldy has enough durability to ignore a fire rope.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@full123: Dumbledore wasn't trying to kill him and can create fire that doesn't burn like he did when he first met Tom, it probably wasn't an attack meant to kill or maim.

Avatar image for deactivated-o78sdg008
deactivated-o78sdg008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely stops at 5, but I can see him clearing fairly comfortably till then.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq said:
@darkraiden said:

War With Words

In the movies, during his fight against Dumbledore he created a shield that protected him from a wave of fire as it washed over him, which would be required to be omni-directional due to the heat proceeding and following the wave itself, as it washed over him.

No Caption Provided

Ah...it makes sense for one so feared to have that. I was wondering why they didn't just ambush him with various grunts. This shows why.

War With Words

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By alextheboss

@cpt_nice: You don't think Voldemort could beat Dumbledore with the elder wand?

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice: I don't remember much from the books since I read them such a long time ago. I know in the movies Dumbledore was slightly above Voldemort when he had the elder wand, but I'm thinking that might change if Voldemort had it. I could see them being equals. Maybe something like this

Voldemort=Dumbledore<Voldemort(elder wand that doesn't like him)<Dumbledore(elder wand)=Voldemort (if elder wand recognized him)