caption
caption
#2 Posted by Ameiru Hoshi (67 posts) - - Show Bio

oh definantly Vixen.

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
#3 Posted by ulitmateninjagaidenx (2182 posts) - - Show Bio

what can she really do?

#4 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio

If were using here current powers...BP owns her.

Avatar image for shadow_kingof_killers
#5 Posted by Shadow_KingOf Killers (583 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"If were using here current powers...BP owns her."
yeah it is the current powers
#6 Posted by lboy (583 posts) - - Show Bio

BLACK PANTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 Posted by Static Shock (53032 posts) - - Show Bio

Panther.

#8 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Vixen

#9 Posted by The 502 Kid (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
Shadow_KingOf Killers said:
"Vance Astro said:
"If were using here current powers...BP owns her."
yeah it is the current powers"
Then its Panther FTW!!!
#10 Posted by speedlgt (2138 posts) - - Show Bio

Vixen curbstomp

she can do anything he can plus she would have bits of the jla powers not a full strength but she would have some.

Unless your taking the jla powers away and in that case you just had BP the win so why make the battle.?

#11 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19715 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are two of the most notable african american heroes in either univers be it marvel or dc, of african decent and have the power of animals. HMMM, just a question 

#12 Posted by Static Shock (53032 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"

Vixen curbstomp

she can do anything he can plus she would have bits of the jla powers not a full strength but she would have some.

Unless your taking the jla powers away and in that case you just had BP the win so why make the battle.?

"

Actually, she can only use one superhuman ability/power at a time. And, only use whatever abilities are in her vicinity. She hasn't shown any JLA members ability without them being there. She was able to use Superman's strength while he was around, but when she was trapped under a collapsed building with Red Arrow, she couldn't access Superman's strength because he wasn't there at the time. The same goes for her being able to run alongside Jay Garrick, using Green Lantern power as if she had a ring when she didn't, and using the Suicide Squad's powers/abilities against them. Note that when she was fighting them, she didn't use any powers from JLA members.

Against Black Panther, she would only be able to mimic his peak human attributes, and probably his intelligence. But, then again, T'Challa is the one with the gadgets and the suit. This is a win for Panther.
#13 Posted by speedlgt (2138 posts) - - Show Bio

AH Crap dont go in to that everyting always got be an issue doesnt its never on level is it?

more than meets the eye!

#14 Posted by Sync (959 posts) - - Show Bio

vixen , she can become faster, or stronger, and just as smart when it comes to stalking or fighting

#15 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"speedlgt said:
"

Vixen curbstomp

"

Actually, she can only use one superhuman ability/power at a time. And, only use whatever abilities are in her vicinity. She hasn't shown any JLA members ability without them being there. She was able to use Superman's strength while he was around, but when she was trapped under a collapsed building with Red Arrow, she couldn't access Superman's strength because he wasn't there at the time. The same goes for her being able to run alongside Jay Garrick, using Green Lantern power as if she had a ring when she didn't, and using the Suicide Squad's powers/abilities against them. Note that when she was fighting them, she didn't use any powers from JLA members.

Against Black Panther, she would only be able to mimic his peak human attributes, and probably his intelligence. But, then again, T'Challa is the one with the gadgets and the suit. This is a win for Panther."
#16 Posted by Static Shock (53032 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"AH Crap dont go in to that everyting always got be an issue doesnt its never on level is it?

more than meets the eye!"
I was just letting you know how her new abilities work, Speedlgt. If she's fighting against the Panther, then she wouldn't be able to use anyone else's abilities but his. LOL.

Sync said:
"vixen , she can become faster, or stronger, and just as smart when it comes to stalking or fighting"

I don't think so... Unless you're talking about the original Vixen. This is the current Vixen here.
#17 Posted by speedlgt (2138 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"speedlgt said:
"

Vixen curbstomp

"

Against Black Panther, she would only be able to mimic his peak human attributes, and probably his intelligence. But, then again, T'Challa is the one with the gadgets and the suit. This is a win for Panther."
hmmm I thought the powers were somewhat absorbed...for example in the collapsed building I thought she couldnt do anything because she was spent and with no superman around she couldnt get any more juice.
#18 Posted by Static Shock (53032 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"hmmm I thought the powers were somewhat absorbed...for example in the collapsed building I thought she couldnt do anything because she was spent and with no superman around she couldnt get any more juice."
When she was under the collapsed building, that incident was before her powers were fully explored... But, before that, she also mimicked Geo-Force's abilities also. If she could retain them, she would have used them to get her and Red Arrow out of the rubble. But, she couldn't. And, if she didn't absorb and retain Superman's strength before that, the same could have been said. Vixen's new abilities are something, but they have a lot of restrictions.
#19 Posted by Sync (959 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"speedlgt said:
"AH Crap dont go in to that everyting always got be an issue doesnt its never on level is it?

more than meets the eye!"
I was just letting you know how her new abilities work, Speedlgt. If she's fighting against the Panther, then she wouldn't be able to use anyone else's abilities but his. LOL.

Sync said:
"vixen , she can become faster, or stronger, and just as smart when it comes to stalking or fighting"

I don't think so... Unless you're talking about the original Vixen. This is the current Vixen here."

oh, my mistake , than it comes down to who has the higher degree of fighting? By this i mean who is more in their element fighting? If ol T'challa is used to fighting hiself in all his splendor and glory than, he wins. From the "new" vixen i have seem she seems to fight better with whoever are whatever power shes has. By this i mean not only can she fight with the power she has gotten but with her onmind set add with who ever; i advantage (imo)
#20 Posted by Static Shock (53032 posts) - - Show Bio
Sync said:
"oh, my mistake , than it comes down to who has the higher degree of fighting? By this i mean who is more in their element fighting? If ol T'challa is used to fighting hiself in all his splendor and glory than, he wins. From the "new" vixen i have seem she seems to fight better with whoever are whatever power shes has. By this i mean not only can she fight with the power she has gotten but with her onmind set add with who ever; i advantage (imo)"

When it comes to fighting, Vixen doesn't stand a chance against Panther.
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
#21 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not quite sure on Vixen's powers. I know she gets the powers/skills of other super powered humans, but it sometimes seems as if she's leeching them so the original hero doesn't have them at full strength anymore. I'm not certain, but that's the impression I got from some of the times it's come up. If she just gets the same powers as BP, I think he wins. His experience with them, greater intelligence and gadgets are things he'd still have over her. Even if she steals a bit of his power, he should still win for the same reasons. Might be a tad harder, but he's beaten a Black Panther without being as equipped (physically and mentally) as he is now, so he could probably do it again at this stage.

@Slight: There are other notable black characters that don't have animal powers (GL Stewart, Steel, Firestorm, Black Lightning for DC, Storm, Luke Cage, Blade for Marvel) and characters of other races that do (Animal Man and any of the multitude of "feral" mutants). As for the other part, I'd expect that "African Americans" would actually be of African descent. (BP is African though, not African American.)

#22 Posted by Sync (959 posts) - - Show Bio

well (imo) when most of notable black charcthers where made, they where in the 60/70 when alot of "rethinking" was going down.

marketers had to find a way to promote, writters had to find a way to promote, and such that where some of the african roots and such seem to have pop up from.

that just my 2 cents though

#23 Posted by BlackPanther (551 posts) - - Show Bio
Slight said:
"Why are two of the most notable african american heroes in either univers be it marvel or dc, of african decent and have the power of animals. HMMM, just a question "

Buckshot already said this but I'll also like to clarify that BP is African, not African American as people always assume. Also other characters like spider-man and beastboy are characterised by animals yet they are not black.

#24 Posted by King Saturn (222996 posts) - - Show Bio
I think Black Panther could win here
#25 Posted by Mr Creesy (928 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackPanther said:
"Slight said:
"Why are two of the most notable african american heroes in either univers be it marvel or dc, of african decent and have the power of animals. HMMM, just a question "

Buckshot already said this but I'll also like to clarify that BP is African, not African American as people always assume. Also other characters like spider-man and beastboy are characterised by animals yet they are not black.

"

@Buckshot said:

@Slight: There are other notable black characters that don't have animal powers (GL Stewart, Steel, Firestorm, Black Lightning for DC, Storm, Luke Cage, Blade for Marvel) and characters of other races that do (Animal Man and any of the multitude of "feral" mutants). As for the other part, I'd expect that "African Americans" would actually be of African descent. (BP is African though, not African American.)" 

What''s with all the divide and conquer? African Americans came from Africa. We are all the same people. Just like white people came from Europe. European and white, same thing. Panther, Storm and Vixen are black character's. Don't further alienate them by labeling them "different" black people. Somewhere down the line T'Challa is related to Luke Cage believe or not. 
#26 Posted by Mr Creesy (928 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and Panther wins this by the way.
#27 Edited by Static Shock (53032 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr Creesy said:

"What''s with all the divide and conquer? African Americans came from Africa. We are all the same people. Just like white people came from Europe. European and white, same thing. Panther, Storm and Vixen are black character's. Don't further alienate them by labeling them "different" black people. Somewhere down the line T'Challa is related to Luke Cage believe or not.  "

I don't think T'Challa is in anyway related to Luke Cage. Luke is Black American. T'Challa is African. They are in no way the same. T'Challa's ancestry only remains in Africa, while Luke has American ancestry, which is or could be a blend of different races. Just because you're Black doesn't mean you can trace your ancestors back to Africa. There's a lot of Black Americans that have Hispanic and Native American blood in them (and some of them have White in them and don't even know it), rather than just African. It's gotten to the point where Black people in America aren't even considered African-American, because a lot of them aren't of African descent. So, yes. There are 'different' black people (Jamaicans, Haitians, Brazilians, etc). Having the same skin color as someone else doesn't make you the same as that person. It's the same with White people, too.
#28 Posted by Static Shock (53032 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll take Vixen since she has her original powers back.

#29 Posted by Mr Creesy (928 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"@Mr Creesy said:

"What''s with all the divide and conquer? African Americans came from Africa. We are all the same people. Just like white people came from Europe. European and white, same thing. Panther, Storm and Vixen are black character's. Don't further alienate them by labeling them "different" black people. Somewhere down the line T'Challa is related to Luke Cage believe or not.  "

I don't think T'Challa is in anyway related to Luke Cage. Luke is Black American. T'Challa is African. They are in no way the same. T'Challa's ancestry only remains in Africa, while Luke has American ancestry, which is or could be a blend of different races. Just because you're Black doesn't mean you can trace your ancestors back to Africa. There's a lot of Black Americans that have Hispanic and Native American blood in them (and some of them have White in them and don't even know it), rather than just African. It's gotten to the point where Black people in America aren't even considered African-American, because a lot of them aren't of African descent. So, yes. There are 'different' black people (Jamaicans, Haitians, Brazilians, etc). Having the same skin color as someone else doesn't make you the same as that person. It's the same with White people, too. "

I'm not saying that Black people have just African ancestry. Only a fool would believe that. During slavery there was so much inbreeding of the races that pretty much all Black people in America have White or Native American blood in them and in some cases both. What I am saying is that our dark skin comes from the continent of Africa. Our coarse hair, our facial features, all that comes from Africa. Just like White people get their skin color and features from the continent of Europe. We get ours from Africa. No matter what you mix us with we're still black people at the end of the day. Octoroons who looked white (albino) but maintained their African features were sold as slaves. That is what it means to be black in America today. You got African decent mixed with a whole lot of other stuff, but your still Black. That's what I'm saying. Luke Cage may not be related directly to Panther (I was poking fun there), but there is no doubt in my mind that he and every other African American character can trace their roots to Africa. I'm not saying slavery. I'm saying Africa. Superman, Thor and Wonder Woman weren't even born on Earth yet they are considered to be "white" characters. They're aliens for crying out loud!! T'Challa is born on Earth in the continent of Africa yet him and his kind (Vixen and Storm) are called Africans. Which they are, but it seems like its being used to further divide the Black Characters. Nobody divides the White characters between White Americans and European characters. So why do Black characters have to be divided between African Americans and Africans? That's what I'm saying Static.
#30 Edited by Mr Creesy (928 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

"I'll take Vixen since she has her original powers back. "

Vixen isn't going to take a handful of energy daggers (new powers or old). Plus how is she going to do damage to T'Challa through his vibranium suit any how? She could try choking him to death, but T'Challa is much too skilled a warrior to let that go down like that.
#31 Posted by Static Shock (53032 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr Creesy said:
"Nobody divides the White characters between White Americans and European characters. So why do Black characters have to be divided between African Americans and Africans? That's what I'm saying Static. "
How do you know nobody divides White characters between White Americans and Europeans? I do it all the time.
#32 Posted by Mr Creesy (928 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Mr Creesy said:
"Nobody divides the White characters between White Americans and European characters. So why do Black characters have to be divided between African Americans and Africans? That's what I'm saying Static. "
How do you know nobody divides White characters between White Americans and Europeans? I do it all the time. "
That's cool. What got my attention though is when I'm reading a Black Panther thread, and somebody calls T'Challa Black. The comment is shortly followed by "He's not Black, he's African." When Superman is mentioned as a super powered White man. Nobody even cares that he's a alien. That's what I observed anyhow. End the end everyone's entitled to their own opinions. T'Challa, Bishop, Vixen and Storm will always be Black people in my book.
#33 Posted by Static Shock (53032 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr Creesy said:
"  T'Challa, Bishop, Vixen and Storm will always be Black people in my book. "
Of course they will always be Black. But, descriptively, there will always be things that divides certain Black people from others.
Avatar image for themaskedeidolon
#34 Posted by TheMaskedEidolon (861 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr Creesy said:
" @Static Shock said:
"@Mr Creesy said:

I don't think T'Challa is in anyway related to Luke Cage. Luke is Black American. T'Challa is African. They are in no way the same. T'Challa's ancestry only remains in Africa, while Luke has American ancestry, which is or could be a blend of different races. Just because you're Black doesn't mean you can trace your ancestors back to Africa. There's a lot of Black Americans that have Hispanic and Native American blood in them (and some of them have White in them and don't even know it), rather than just African. It's gotten to the point where Black people in America aren't even considered African-American, because a lot of them aren't of African descent. So, yes. There are 'different' black people (Jamaicans, Haitians, Brazilians, etc). Having the same skin color as someone else doesn't make you the same as that person. It's the same with White people, too. "
I'm not saying that Black people have just African ancestry. Only a fool would believe that. During slavery there was so much inbreeding of the races that pretty much all Black people in America have White or Native American blood in them and in some cases both. What I am saying is that our dark skin comes from the continent of Africa. Our coarse hair, our facial features, all that comes from Africa. Just like White people get their skin color and features from the continent of Europe. We get ours from Africa. No matter what you mix us with we're still black people at the end of the day. Octoroons who looked white (albino) but maintained their African features were sold as slaves. That is what it means to be black in America today. You got African decent mixed with a whole lot of other stuff, but your still Black. That's what I'm saying. Luke Cage may not be related directly to Panther (I was poking fun there), but there is no doubt in my mind that he and every other African American character can trace their roots to Africa. I'm not saying slavery. I'm saying Africa. Superman, Thor and Wonder Woman weren't even born on Earth yet they are considered to be "white" characters. They're aliens for crying out loud!! T'Challa is born on Earth in the continent of Africa yet him and his kind (Vixen and Storm) are called Africans. Which they are, but it seems like its being used to further divide the Black Characters. Nobody divides the White characters between White Americans and European characters. So why do Black characters have to be divided between African Americans and Africans? That's what I'm saying Static. "
That there is a VERY good point.
#35 Posted by Static Shock (53032 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMaskedEidolon said:
" That there is a VERY good point. "
Wonder Woman was born on Earth, though... He's not completely right.
#36 Posted by Mr Creesy (928 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @TheMaskedEidolon said:
" That there is a VERY good point. "
Wonder Woman was born on Earth, though... He's not completely right. "

You know what I meant Static.
#37 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15463 posts) - - Show Bio

Vixen wins because she is hot

#38 Posted by Static Shock (53032 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr Creesy said:
"Vixen isn't going to take a handful of energy daggers (new powers or old). Plus how is she going to do damage to T'Challa through his vibranium suit any how? She could try choking him to death, but T'Challa is much too skilled a warrior to let that go down like that. "
She can dodge a handful of energy daggers, though. She once mimicked an animal that gave her the reflexes to catch bullets, so I'm sure the same could done to dodge as well. Damaging the suit with her claws works (regarding whether or not he has it on, since it wasn't specified, anyway). She can mimic that of agile animals to keep up with him and mimic the strength of a Hercules beetle to make herself stronger than him. 
#39 Posted by Static Shock (53032 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr Creesy said:
" You know what I meant Static. "
I know. But, Wonder Woman isn't an alien. She's from Earth.
#40 Posted by Mr Creesy (928 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Mr Creesy said:
" You know what I meant Static. "
I know. But, Wonder Woman isn't an alien. She's from Earth. "
 Where on Earth exactly was WW born? For the time being Subsitute WW with Captain Marvel (Kree) and let's keep this thing moving.

@Static Shock said:
" @Mr Creesy said:
"Vixen isn't going to take a handful of energy daggers (new powers or old). Plus how is she going to do damage to T'Challa through his vibranium suit any how? She could try choking him to death, but T'Challa is much too skilled a warrior to let that go down like that. "
She can dodge a handful of energy daggers, though. She once mimicked an animal that gave her the reflexes to catch bullets, so I'm sure the same could done to dodge as well. Damaging the suit with her claws works (regarding whether or not he has it on, since it wasn't specified, anyway). She can mimic that of agile animals to keep up with him and mimic the strength of a Hercules beetle to make herself stronger than him.  "

Why wouldn't Panther being wearing his vibranium suit? That's part of his standard gear. As far as Vixen catching bullets...I'd rather catch a bullet than a charged up energy dagger from T'Challa. At least a doctor can help you out with a bullet.
#41 Posted by Static Shock (53032 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr Creesy said:
" Where on Earth exactly was WW born? 
Themyscira, Paradise Island.
#42 Posted by Static Shock (53032 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr Creesy said:

"Why wouldn't Panther being wearing his vibranium suit? That's part of his standard gear. As far as Vixen catching bullets...I'd rather catch a bullet than a charged up energy dagger from T'Challa. At least a doctor can help you out with a bullet. "

His original suit is a part of his standard gear too. As for the catching bullet thing, I guess you missed the point of that statement.

She once mimicked an animal that gave her the reflexes to catch bullets, so I'm sure the same could be done to dodge energy daggers as well

#43 Posted by Mr Creesy (928 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Mr Creesy said:
" Where on Earth exactly was WW born? 
Themyscira, Paradise Island. "

The Amazonians are some of the thickest White women on the planet then! For all those who don't like em' thick, I mean that in a totally good way.
#44 Posted by Static Shock (53032 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr Creesy said:
"The Amazonians are some of the thickest White women on the planet then! For all those who don't like em' thick, I mean that in a totally good way. "

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
#45 Posted by castleking (24741 posts) - - Show Bio
Amazonian women from myth were more or less of african descent... and the real amazonian women are from the amazon and more like a brown color not sure what race you would want to categorize them as since apparently white/ encompasses different races even when they arent exactly the actual shade. and certain names of the race is more about nationality rather then ethnicity....
#46 Posted by Mr Creesy (928 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

His original suit is a part of his standard gear too. As for the catching bullet thing, I guess you missed the point of that statement.

She once mimicked an animal that gave her the reflexes to catch bullets, so I'm sure the same could be done to dodge energy daggers as well

"
My point was that she isn't dodging those energy daggers. A few maybe, all of them nah. Alls it takes is one and T'Challa's flying Air Force One back to Wakanda just in time to see the Chargers dust the Jets.
#47 Posted by Static Shock (53032 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" Amazonian women from myth were more or less of african descent... and the real amazonian women are from the amazon and more like a brown color not sure what race you would want to categorize them as since apparently white/ encompasses different races even when they arent exactly the actual shade. and certain names of the race is more about nationality rather then ethnicity....
"
He's referring to DC's Amazonians. Not the real ones.

@Mr Creesy said:
" My point was that she isn't dodging those energy daggers. A few maybe, all of them nah.
I'm pretty sure she could.
#48 Posted by Mr Creesy (928 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"Amazonian women from myth were more or less of african descent... and the real amazonian women are from the amazon and more like a brown color not sure what race you would want to categorize them as since apparently white/ encompasses different races even when they arent exactly the actual shade. and certain names of the race is more about nationality rather then ethnicity....
"

I'm talking bout the bad White biddies Static just posted in the scans above.
#49 Posted by AngelFrost (2850 posts) - - Show Bio
Vixen  would totally win this.
#50 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15463 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazons are not fat ................ they are in better shape then any woman on Earth