Victor ( underworld) vs Nomac ( Blade 2)

• 58 results
terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By terry2012

Start a 100 meters away

No prep

Neither doesn't know what the other can do

But they both can sense that they are vampires

Win by KO or death

silverman201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By silverman201

Victor as hes both more experienced and more powerful.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By HolySerpent

Is nomac that vampire with that mouth thing.

silverman201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By silverman201

@HolySerpent:

yes

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bo88gdan

i would say Nomac

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Bo88gdan said:

i would say Nomac

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Nomac, that fight at the end of Blade 2 was very impressive Victor's at the end of Underworld was not.

batfan1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batfan1939

Victor was my first instinct, but I honestly think Blade would give Victor a good fight (with standard equipment, Blade 6/10). Nomac is way ahead of Blade, to the point that he could keep up without training (to put it mildly). Nomac takes this 7 or 8 out of 10.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nomac bites Victor, waits an hour, then commands him to go outside!

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NEEK_03

hard to say, i think viktor was more powerful and faster, but nomac was harder to kill due to his bone cases heart. unlike @batfan i dont think blade takes majority over viktor. yes blade is more skilled but his feats in the movie dont match viktors. (speed and strength) i think Vik takes the slight majority.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By texasdeathmatch

If Nomac is fast enough to get in for the bite, Victor is screwwwwwed

silverman201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By silverman201

@texasdeathmatch:

Didn't Blade stop Nomak from biting him by just grabbing his neck? and Victor should be several times stronger and faster than Blade plus well over a 1000 years more experience.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By steelhound56

Viktor is likely stronger and faster.

That being said, Nomak isnt too far behind Viktor, in the strength category. Nothing I saw of Nomak indicated he was able to move at the speeds Viktor is capable of.

If Nomak manages to bite Viktor, its game over.

Given Viktor's preferred style of combat (sword and h2h) the chances of Nomak scoring a bite are increased. However, Viktor has displayed ample enough speed to avoid Nomak, so the chance of Nomak scoring a bite is still slim.

Even if he does get bitten, it just means he needs to defeat Nomak before he turns (about an hour given showings).

Viktor can do that. Superior physical ability, centuries of combat experience, and superior combat skill (nomak was more of a brawler) give Viktor the win here, despite Nomak's deadly bite

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By texasdeathmatch

@silverman201: @steelhound56: What are some of Viktor's speed feats? I can't remember, all I can recall are his slow ass punches.

silverman201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By silverman201

@texasdeathmatch:

He didnt have much feats for speed outside of him moving from his chair to a human so fast he couldnt react but he would generally be far faster than younger immortals such as Lucian or Selene who could do things like outrun a speeding car and move at blurring speeds.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By steelhound56

He throws Michael through a wall and appears behind him so fast it looked like he appeared out of thin air.

He's strong enough to kill Raze with his bare hands, and fast enough to overwhelm a hybrid Michael in h2h combat.

Given his age, he is likely faster than Selene, and quite a bit stronger (all vampires grow more powerful as they age)

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By texasdeathmatch

@silverman201: @steelhound56: Aaaaaah right, thanks guys.

NCC1396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NCC1396

Victor

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vaeternus

I think this could potentially go either way, unlike Marcus..Victor can't fly which to me makes a big difference fighting Nomac.

silverman201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By silverman201

@Vaeternus:

But hes a better fighter and has more physical power.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By buttersdaman000
spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By spartan92

Nomak wins, he's too strong and durable. He was manhandling Blade when they fought and the same would happen to Victor.

silverman201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By silverman201

@spartan92:

Why would the same happen to Victor when he is far more powerful than Blade and has far more experience.

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By spartan92

@silverman201: Micheal put up a decent fight and i personally think Nomak is superior to micheal, plus i think he too durable for victor.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By HolySerpent

Going with nomac.

silverman201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By silverman201

@spartan92:

What makes Nomak superior to Michael and why is he to durable for Victor, i just watched Blade 2 and i didn't see anything that would show this plus Victor has feats like effortlessly stopping the powerful Lycan Raze who just burst threw a wall and was charging at him with his hands and snapped its neck, one shotted another Lycan with a punch and at another point casually threw Michael threw a wall.

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By spartan92

@silverman201:Normal Reapers could withstand heavy punishment and keep going ( e.g healing from a broken neck almost instantly, getting stabbed multiple times with swords, getting shot loads by ron pearlman ) Nomak is superior to other reapers.

Strength ide say he is physically the same or superior as he kicked blade into a metal door and putting a huge dent in it.

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By spartan92

after rewatching these i would still say Nomak is stonger, more durable and skilled enough to get the win.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Going with Nomak...just barely, good match though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Nomak played by the same guy that plays the prince in hellboy 2?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By Deranged Midget

Nomac. Much faster, stronger and arguably more durable.

Thirteen13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Thirteen13

@spartan92 said:

@silverman201: Micheal put up a decent fight and i personally think Nomak is superior to micheal, plus i think he too durable for victor.

I just re-watched both Michael's fight with Victor and Nomak's fight with Blade and thought the same that Michaels put up a pretty good fight and appeared to be have the upper hand for a decent part of the fight due mainly to his speed and agility, but Nomak seems superior in terms of strength and durability though I don't think in terms of speed, agility and ferocity. IMO Nomak FTW.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By terry2012

@hyiena: I think he is. What is the guy name who play Nomac who I can check up on it?

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By terry2012

@hyiena: But what about in rise of the Lycans?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terry2012:

I actually forgot about rise of the Lycans and remember much of the fight scenes in it.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vaeternus

@Silverman, more physical power I agree Victor has. Not sure about better fighter though, Nomak was giving Blade a hard time who is easily a far better fighter then he was.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Vaeternus: I think Viktor has more fighting experience, being well over 800 years old, as well as more raw power, but to me, Nomak is a more ferocious fighter and has higher durability, if Viktor had weapons like a sword, I'd see him winning, but barehanded, I can't think of anything he can do to permanently put Nomak down.
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Vaeternus

@The Stegman said:

@Vaeternus: I think Viktor has more fighting experience, being well over 800 years old, as well as more raw power, but to me, Nomak is a more ferocious fighter and has higher durability, if Viktor had weapons like a sword, I'd see him winning, but barehanded, I can't think of anything he can do to permanently put Nomak down.

Oh yeah the experience factor definitely helps Victor here, I just think when people say "better fighter" there's a few things to consider. Blade easily is one of the better martial artists in his universe, yet Nomak was more of a grabber and durable. I think it depends if victor has his sword, since Blade had his sword but missed initially with his katana blade, yet he knew Nomak's weakness. I'm not so sure this would be an easy win for Victor unless he can break thru Nomak's heart bone armor easily. Yeah, Nomak reminds me of an alien fighting a predator. The Predator has experience, fighting skills etc but can still lose. The alien is more ferocious, faster and such.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Vaeternus:  

@The Stegman said:

@Vaeternus: I think Viktor has more fighting experience, being well over 800 years old, as well as more raw power, but to me, Nomak is a more ferocious fighter and has higher durability, if Viktor had weapons like a sword, I'd see him winning, but barehanded, I can't think of anything he can do to permanently put Nomak down.

Oh yeah the experience factor definitely helps Victor here, I just think when people say "better fighter" there's a few things to consider. Blade easily is one of the better martial artists in his universe, yet Nomak was more of a grabber and durable. I think it depends if victor has his sword, since Blade had his sword but missed initially with his katana blade, yet he knew Nomak's weakness. I'm not so sure this would be an easy win for Victor unless he can break thru Nomak's heart bone armor easily. Yeah, Nomak reminds me of an alien fighting a predator. The Predator has experience, fighting skills etc but can still lose. The alien is more ferocious, faster and such. 

Question, I haven't seen Blade 2 in a while, is impaling the heart the only way to kill Nomak's breed of vampire? can't decapitation work? 
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#40  Edited By Outside_85

Victor really wasn't that much when it came down to it, yes he easily dispatches werewolves, but he's been killing those for centuries so I'd say that part comes down to expertise. Nomac on the other hand was on par with Blade, even physically overpowering him, not to mention he didn't seem to acknowledge damage (like snapping his twisted arm back into place before slugging Blade one with it). Finally there the problem of the bone-encased heart.

So while do perfer Bill Nighty as an actor (he's also the guy inside Davy Jones) over the heroin addict...I'd say Nomak takes this, regardless if Viktor has a sword or not.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Vaeternus

@The Stegman said:

@Vaeternus:

@The Stegman said:

Question, I haven't seen Blade 2 in a while, is impaling the heart the only way to kill Nomak's breed of vampire? can't decapitation work?

I think they stated that was the only way to kill Nomak himself, I think...as oppose to the others he infected with his bite who they seem to kill easier.

Although, Nomak is vulnerable to sunlight so I'm assuming sunlight would kill him as it did the others he bit. There was one scene where he's fighting Blade and sunlight hits him and it bothers him, so he fled. So that's a good question, I have the Blade movies but will have to look more into that thought he is the original strain of Reapers with more abilities, power and intelligence. It seems he can't be outside in sunlight, and in the dark can only be killed via his heart being compromised thru the bone armor.

http://blade.wikia.com/wiki/Jared_Nomak

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By terry2012

@The Stegman: No it can not other wise blade would went for the head along time ago. Only through the heart and sun light can they die.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Outside_85

@Vaeternus: @terry2012: I think it has more to do with chopping a persons head off in a single blow is actually fairly difficult because you have to either deliver enough force to cut through the neck bones or hit it just right so the blade passes between the joints. This was difficult enough to do on a person holding still, and this counted that the executioner mostly used heavy axes or swords to do it, and still there are stories about it getting botched (it was one of the reasons the guillotine was invented). Blade certainly has some degree of superhuman strength, but his sword looks to be an extremely light thing to match the speed the vampires have, so I suspect the sword is actually incapable to chop a head off in a fight.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By terry2012

@Outside_85: The sword maybe incapable of to chop a head off in a fight or it could be that is how hard the bone casing around his heart was. Remember the sword broke when he first hit nomac and Viktor sword was bigger than blade sword. So Viktor sword might be able to do it better than Blade sword. If hit right on the spot it might be able to broke through on the first try and pierce the heart If Viktor can land the hit.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Outside_85

@terry2012: True, but the chance of doing that is minimal, possible but minimal.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Vaeternus

@Outside_85 said:

@Vaeternus: @terry2012: I think it has more to do with chopping a persons head off in a single blow is actually fairly difficult because you have to either deliver enough force to cut through the neck bones or hit it just right so the blade passes between the joints. This was difficult enough to do on a person holding still, and this counted that the executioner mostly used heavy axes or swords to do it, and still there are stories about it getting botched (it was one of the reasons the guillotine was invented). Blade certainly has some degree of superhuman strength, but his sword looks to be an extremely light thing to match the speed the vampires have, so I suspect the sword is actually incapable to chop a head off in a fight.

Speaking of which, who knows even decapitation Nomac is even possible(reason why I say this is because one of the other vampires took a huge hammer to the side of one of the other reapers Nomak had bitten and it didn't kill him, he nearly smashed his head off and just healed from it. Meaning perhaps the sword wouldn't go thru since Nomak is stronger then the typical reaper. I guess it depends. The armor on the bone, to me is a more likely solution and sunlight would bake both of them as neither can go outside.

@terry2012 said:

@Outside_85: The sword maybe incapable of to chop a head off in a fight or it could be that how hard the bone casing around his heart was. Remember the sword broke when he first hit nomac and Viktor sword was bigger than blade sword. So Viktor sword might be able to do it better than Blade sword. If hit right on the spot it might be able to broke through on the first try and pierce the heart If Viktor can land the hit.

Also good point, that's what I was saying as well.Victor has a bigger sword then Blade, but also less speed so there's the trade off. Katana is lighter, just as sharp no doubt but more nimble and such but Victor's is probably more durable but slower...

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By terry2012

@Outside_85: Yeah that is also true.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By terry2012

@Vaeternus: Thanks. We both agreed that what it comes down to. Whether Viktor can land that sword in the right place let alone even hit nomac.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Vaeternus

Pretty much.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers