Vergil (Devil May Cry) vs vs Saber (Fate/Stay Night)

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Vergil

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Saber

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• No prep time
  • Morals on, everyone is in character though serious
  • Standard gear and equipment
  • Win by any means
  • Starting distance is 35 ft apart from eachother
  • Saber is Composite/Current Fate Series
  • Vergil is Composite Devils May Cry, canon

No Caption Provided

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By stormshadow_x

This is a really cool matchup. I honestl'y don't know

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Never got into any of the Fate/Stay series. Sorry.

Chaos239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Chaos239

From what I read Saber takes this handily without Avalon and stomps with it.

blackknighting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edge to Vergil.

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Saber wins. Mostly thanks to her precognition-like instincts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saber. At least just as fast, insane healing, instinct and luck will make Vergil work for even tagging her properly.

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FlashingSabre

Never played DMC.

NeloAngelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NeloAngelo

How fast is Saber? Not familiar with her but briefly checked her out and they do seem comparable in a lot of ways. Vergil not being able to hit her would be quite an accomplishment though given the youngest/weakest version of Dante's seemingly highly hypersonic Rebellion grab and Dante and Vergil destroying 108,000 raindrops in less than a second in their base human forms.

Xy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think composite Saber has Vergil beat in just about all stats, mainly speed and DC. However that's not to say that he doesn't have a chance with some hax that I'm unaware of.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How fast is Saber? Not familiar with her but briefly checked her out and they do seem comparable in a lot of ways. Vergil not being able to hit her would be quite an accomplishment though given the youngest/weakest version of Dante's seemingly highly hypersonic Rebellion grab and Dante and Vergil destroying 108,000 raindrops in less than a second in their base human forms.

Blitzed a character with mach 12 reaction speed. @jucaslucasa should have scans.

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neloangelo: At her weakest, she blitzed a guy with Mach 12 reactions and combat precognition. At her fastest, she was keeping up with a guy who can lightning time according to narration.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly can't say

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IDK.

But very good match up.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sabre has way too much explosive power.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neloangelo said:

Blitzed a character with mach 12 reaction speed. @jucaslucasa should have scans.

Banter is the fate guy m8, not me.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jardinain2 said:
@neloangelo said:

Banter is the fate guy m8, not me.

@just_banter

NeloAngelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashingsabre: @jardinain2: it'd be cool to see but I'll take yalls word for it, seems to be a pretty good matchup then.

Dante also demonstrates precog in DMC1 when he senses (ironically) Nelo Angelo/Vergil. Pretty sure he does this with 1st boss too, Phantom I believe.

Dante also has no problem outpacing the lightning attacks of griffon and blitz in DMC1&4(Vergil also fights blitz in DMC4). But there are better ways to demonstrate ftl capabilities of Dante and Vergil if anyone is interested. Should also say that even though Dante and Vergil can both teleport Vergil is far more adept at it, its the hallmark of his fighting style, that and being too fast to perceive anyway.

Idk much about Saber again so I can't really compare outright power (though I will try to find out more) but Vergil is the literal equal of Dante in everything except style/skill/ and morality lol since they are the twin sons of Sparda. Most would prbly argee he beats Dante in skill/style. Anyway any of Dante's abilities not tied to Devil Arms are inherently possessed by Vergil which is why they always have such intense and close fights. In addition to that his weapon Yamato is the ultimate weapon in DMC given to Vergil by his father Sparda being able to cut through anything including dimensions. In Vergil's signature move Judgement Cut he swings the blade so fast it does not appear to leave its sheathe distorting an area of space and cutting anything within the distortion judgement cut compilation. Dante uses Yamato copying Vergil's technique in DMC4 to destroy a hellgate at an extreme distance so it has quite a bit of range Dante destroys Hellgate with Yamato.

Ungas123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Weapon: Excalibur wins. Yamato might bend or break (Excalibur is a conceptual weapon, so the Sword of Promised Victory wins because it's a higher tier of sword despite Yamato, a magical sword, being able to cut dimensions.).
  • Combat Skill: Depends.
    • Shiro's Altria loses
    • Sakura's Altria Alter wins because of the Excaliblast spam
    • Rin's Altria wins as a much better overall
  • Attack Speed: Vergil appears to be able to attack faster consistently compared to Altria who could to be faster than Vergil due to Prana bursts.
  • Combat Speed: Altria wins because of pre-cog like instinct. It will even make Shiro's Saber to be much harder fight despite being much more weaker compared to the other versions.
  • Durability: Vergil wins this. Being a half-demon gives more a better natural durability and pain tolerance compared to Altria. Altria's magica armor is probably negated by Yamato's cutting power.
    • Avalon could be possibly be cut by Yamato. But then again it's a conceptual defense that rejects harmful existence to the user. So this probably is debatable. But IMO, I think Avalon will nullify Yamato because it works conceptual level.

Shirou's Saber probably loses more than she can win without plot armor but can still win some rounds. Other Altria could probably stomp I'm referring to FGO's Protagonist and Saber Alter.

NeloAngelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ungas123: We seem close enough on most of your points that I don't feel the need to dispute them and furthermore I know jack about Saber, but I did want to say a few things. First I don't think you'll run into a DMC fan who will agree Yamato might ever break under any circumstance though I'm not saying it can't be debated. Second most any speed feat of Dante/Vergil is in their base form which could be amplified in a variety of ways for Dante but for either twin Devil Trigger will at least double it.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Chronicplane

bump

CodeVein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disregarding Avalon Vergil will tool her in a sword fight.

Yamato can cut through anything (Even slices through dimensions)

And with the intro Feat Vergil has in DMC4SE he is only shown as a blue streak when he did a draw slash.

He's stronger in DMC3 since his time in Fortuna was before 3 and he was still doing insane crap like that.

He got a powerboost in 3.

Anyway a random Judgement cut or Dimension slash should bisect her.

Judgement cut End I doubt he would do but it's in his arsenal.

Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Intresting fight

M16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By M16

Well most recent version of fate whan this thread was created was Extella if I'm not wrong

No need for composite in that case

Extella Artoria is summoned with Avalon as a top servant of the Mooncell and has a steady supply of mana

Between her regeneration and invincibility granted by Avalon as well as the best use of Mana Burst and Invisible Air we've seen from Artoria to date makes me vote her

Only Saber Alter's raw power comes close but I think utility will be more useful in this fight

Composite makes it unfair

Avatar image for crimsonslayer85
CrimsonSlayer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vergil with negative difficulty.

Filinzia69420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The battle could go either way but Vergil has much better speed so I might give it to him.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Could go either way especially if Saber has Avalon which is broke as hell

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that Vergil's caught up with Dante in power, I do think this swings fairly heavily in his favor.

That said, Avalon is still a pretty good wild card.

syncroniam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By syncroniam

Vergil pretty much clears the whole verse, including all of the fate servants, by the end of devil may cry 5 he and dante are both outerversal and they were in some form of that level earlier as well, vergil is far too powerful and fast in his attacks than anyone in fate, and with his devil trigger form he would pretty much crush even the highest tier fate characters such as the lostbelt kings, akasha and the ones that can go above the plot as well, he is stronger than all of them

Loading Video...

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vergil pretty much clears the whole verse, including all of the fate servants, by the end of devil may cry 5 he and dante are both outerversal and they were in some form of that level earlier as well, vergil is far too mowerful and fast in his attacks than anyone in fate, and with his devil trigger form he would pretty much crush even the highest tier fate characters such as the lostbelt kings, akasha and the ones that can go above the plot as well, he is stronger than all of them

Loading Video...

People who wank Fate franchise would also say they have Outerversal characters. Empty bullshit fan headcanon claims are easily made for both sides in battle threads lol.

DigimonChamp22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vergil

CHALDEAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digimonchamp22: Nothing within DMC is capable of even interfering with Human History. Nothing in DMC is coming close to Saber, either.

Hyperion_Chief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyperion_Chief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syncroniam: 3D Katana Level Vergil ain't soloing anything cope

Loading Video...
Avatar image for pedrolopesmateus
PedroLopesMateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plot-wise, Fate S/N visual novel >>>> DMC.

That said, Vergil stomps 100000/10. Saber's stats aren't that good. Caster's master (not Caster herself, her master) throwing saber at 200 km/h significantly hurt Arturia. Only Avalon could let her withstand a single blow (I guess you can Argue Vergil could bypass that). Once Avalon is deactivated, though (it's a strong noble phantasm and probably takes a good bit of magical energy to use), Saber gets blitzed and one-shotted IF she didn't already get blitzed before activating Avalon.

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vergil one taps lmao