Venom(Sony) vs Spider-Man(MCU)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Firedude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rd 1: Standard homecoming suit

Rd 2: Iron Spider

Who wins?

FromBeyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FromBeyond

@firedude17

Firstly, until the film comes out we will obviously have no way of knowing for sure; and ill update my answer then. However the trailers do give us quite a bit to go off.

• Venom does seem to have a spider-sense that MCU spidey lacks. This should give him reflexes possibly superior to spidey's
  • Venom is shown to be very fast and agile; easily fast enough for the symbiote to tag spidey
  • Venom can block/absorb bullets, meaning his durability must be incredible. Probably greater than spidey's
  • Venom can easily ragdoll people, although this doesn't really give us much in the strength department in comparison to spidey
  • We see Brock jump out of a high-story building window and fall most of the distance down. The logical assumption is that the venom symbiote kicks in before he hits the ground, giving him another durability feat
  • We also see Brock charge through a thick log (wide enough to be a small tree-trunk) with ease using his own strength and momentum. Not massively overwhelming, but a lot of MCU street-levelers would be hard-pressed to replicate it without some form of armor or weapon.

Right now venom already seems fast and durable enough to go toe-to-toe with spidey. Give him some more strength feats and it wouldn't surprise me if that, come Oct 5th, I'm updating this answer to say Venom stomps.

EDIT: R2 I don't see venom winning. Iron spidey managed to survive a pretty damn hard hit from thanos.

GraniteVision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firedude17

Firstly, until the film comes out we will obviously have no way of knowing for sure; and ill update my answer then. However the trailers do give us quite a bit to go off.

• Venom does seem to have a spider-sense that MCU spidey lacks. This should give him reflexes possibly superior to spidey's
  • Venom is shown to be very fast and agile; easily fast enough for the symbiote to tag spidey
  • Venom can block/absorb bullets, meaning his durability must be incredible. Probably greater than spidey's
  • Venom can easily ragdoll people, although this doesn't really give us much in the strength department in comparison to spidey
  • We see Brock jump out of a high-story building window and fall most of the distance down. The logical assumption is that the venom symbiote kicks in before he hits the ground, giving him another durability feat
  • We also see Brock charge through a thick log (wide enough to be a small tree-trunk) with ease using his own strength and momentum. Not massively overwhelming, but a lot of MCU street-levelers would be hard-pressed to replicate it without some form of armor or weapon.

Right now venom already seems fast and durable enough to go toe-to-toe with spidey. Give him some more strength feats and it wouldn't surprise me if that, come Oct 5th, I'm updating this answer to say Venom stomps.

EDIT: R2 I don't see venom winning. Iron spidey managed to survive a pretty damn hard hit from thanos.

Should i read this?Cuz I don't wan to read SPOILERS.Is there any spoilers in your post?

FromBeyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frombeyond said:

@firedude17

Should i read this?Cuz I don't wan to read SPOILERS.Is there any spoilers in your post?

Only if you don't want me to spoil the trailers lol. I live in the UK, the film isn't out for another fortnight.

GraniteVision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitevision said:
@frombeyond said:

@firedude17

Only if you don't want me to spoil the trailers lol. I live in the UK, the film isn't out for another fortnight.

He was very strong?Don't spoil,just yes or no please =)

FromBeyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frombeyond said:
@granitevision said:
@frombeyond said:

@firedude17

Speed and agility: Yes
Durability: Yes
Physical strength: No not yet

Like I said though, this is only from the trailers.

GraniteVision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitevision said:
@frombeyond said:
@granitevision said:
@frombeyond said:

@firedude17

How good was film?

GraniteVision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OT:haven't seen movie yet but i'm sure that Venom stomps

BlackWizzard17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitevision:

Lmao he said he hasn't watched the movie just saw the trailers that everyone could see on youtube.

FromBeyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frombeyond said:
@granitevision said:
@frombeyond said:
@granitevision said:
@frombeyond said:

@firedude17

How good was film?

OK lol for the fourth time now, I have not seen the film. I live in the UK, where the film is not released until the 5th October. If you go on your calendar, you'll see today's date is the 24th september. That means I won't be able to see it for another 11 days. Feel free to ask me again then.

P.s. the film was great.

GraniteVision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitevision said:
@frombeyond said:
@granitevision said:
@frombeyond said:
@granitevision said:
@frombeyond said:

@firedude17

How good was film?

OK lol for the fourth time now, I have not seen the film. I live in the UK, where the film is not released until the 5th October. If you go on your calendar, you'll see today's date is the 24th september. That means I won't be able to see it for another 11 days. Feel free to ask me again then.

P.s. the film was great.

My bad

Sorry.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rogueshadow  Moderator

I'm fairly certain that the film hasn't had a wide-release anywhere.