Venom Snake vs Raiden

#1 Posted by lubub55 (12991 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This is a random encounter with both combatants in their primes. Standard equipment for both combatants and the fight takes place in a large construction yard with lots of cover. Standard elimination rules apply. MGS2 Raiden.

#4 Posted by Marshall_Long (5649 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk I'd say Raiden high difficulty

#6 Posted by Dygoboy (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom Snake takes it.

#7 Posted by Revan- (7959 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by lubub55 (12991 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#9 Edited by lubub55 (12991 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden takes this. Raiden is just more impressive.

Venom Snake beat a Exo Suit up Solidus in a sword fight?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hell no!

Could Venom tag someone like Vamp consistently? Or beat Vamp?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I dont think so.

Could Venom deal with a dozen Rays, 3 at a time in one battle? He had issues with one older and outdated Metal Gear.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#11 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43787 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden

#12 Posted by Vertigo- (17907 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden

#13 Posted by zaied (7231 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden has every advantage. Venom is okay, but nothing he did puts him on Jack's level.

#14 Posted by AotD (660 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom Snake

#15 Posted by lubub55 (12991 posts) - - Show Bio

qabar

#16 Posted by Vonstantine (276 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: i mean Venom could solo the Skulls with only CQC, who were basically like vamp

#17 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: i mean Venom could solo the Skulls with only CQC, who were basically like vamp

The Skulls are NOTHING like Vamp. They are mostly Fodder outside Quiet. In fact, I rate the Tengu soldiers on same level as Skulls damn near who Raiden, with no range weapons, took out by the dozens.

The only impressive foes Venom fought was a holding back Quiet, a inferior version of Liquid Snake, and survive, not beat but survive Man on Fire. Even when fighting Metal Gear Salanthropus Venom had a backing of a small army.

Raiden on the other hand was almost a match for Ocelot, surive the hax of Fortune, beat Vamp straight up, beat Solidus straight up, beat Fatman straight up, and took down 3 Metal gear Rays with just a rocket launcher and HF Blade.

Way better feats IMO.

#18 Edited by Vonstantine (276 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz:

a holding back Quiet

What made you think Quiet held back? Only reason she joined Venom's side was because of respect and admiration after he beats her, let's not forget she was someone who was able to take a down a jet with just one sniper shot..something Raiden had trouble fighting with that he pretty much needed Pliskin's chopper assist.

I rate the Tengu soldiers on same level as Skulls damn near who Raiden, with no range weapons, took out by the dozens.

Raiden only fought them with gear, and with Snake. He was able never h2h solo them as it would've been too much(I tried on MGS2). Venom could CQC solo the Skulls whom, like you said, were on the "same level" as the Tengus. Although id disagree, these guys had much more armor or endurance (also almost never actually dying as they just teleport away instead) and they could make bombs out of the ground and earth bend or something.

Even when fighting Metal Gear Salanthropus Venom had a backing of a small army.

Idk what to say but I've always thought Sahelanthropus would've been a lot stronger than Ray or Rex, although only reason it didn't work was because it was too advanced for its time and so required Mantis control it. Besides, the Rays Raiden fought were mass-produced.. not as strong as it were planned to be.

Tbh I had a lot more trouble fighting Rex on MGS1 than I ever did with the mgs2 rays

Besides all that, I think Venom has the better gear. He has an arm that pretty much works as a rocket, or send lighting strikes. A water gun he could use to neutralize the Man-on-Fire. Any type of utility for the situation.

Also, do we even know if Raiden knows CQC? He never demonstrated any or even talked about it. Even with his HF Katana, I think Venom might be able to subdue it with his CQC which was taught by Big Boss himself. If Venom could beat a grizzly bear to death, then it's safe to say he might be able to do the same to Solidus

Just my thoughts

#19 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@vonstantine:

What made you think Quiet held back? Only reason she joined Venom's side was because of respect and admiration after he beats her, let's not forget she was someone who was able to take a down a jet with just one sniper shot..something Raiden had trouble fighting with that he pretty much needed Pliskin's chopper assist.

Raiden needed no assist other than the Missile Launcher. The Digital Comic and Comic show this clearly. Nice try.

Raiden only fought them with gear, and with Snake. He was able never h2h solo them as it would've been too much(I tried on MGS2). Venom could CQC solo the Skulls whom, like you said, were on the "same level" as the Tengus. Although id disagree, these guys had much more armor or endurance (also almost never actually dying as they just teleport away instead) and they could make bombs out of the ground and earth bend or something.

Yes, and Venom in game had partners like D Dog, Quiet with him, or simply had back up of a army from Mother Base, and Venom in all his Skull fights had full use of all gear and tech. All Raiden had was Snake and a sword. No other gear when he fought Tengu.

Idk what to say but I've always thought Sahelanthropus would've been a lot stronger than Ray or Rex, although only reason it didn't work was because it was too advanced for its time and so required Mantis control it. Besides, the Rays Raiden fought were mass-produced.. not as strong as it were planned to be.

Yet those mass produce Rays have tons of feats. Yes Salathropus is better than a single Ray yet that does not change the fact Venom has a FULL ARMY vs Raiden who had a Stinger and Sword taking down three at once.

Tbh I had a lot more trouble fighting Rex on MGS1 than I ever did with the mgs2 rays

Your gameplay skill is not a argument.

Besides all that, I think Venom has the better gear. He has an arm that pretty much works as a rocket, or send lighting strikes. A water gun he could use to neutralize the Man-on-Fire. Any type of utility for the situation.

Yes, but then again Raiden had done better feats with less gear thanks to superior skill and training.

Also, do we even know if Raiden knows CQC? He never demonstrated any or even talked about it.

Raiden does not use CQC. He is a masterfighter in Military MAs much as Solid Snake was durin events of MGS and MGS2. Snake also did not use CQC much at all till the final MGS game. Which Snake stated himself.

Even with his HF Katana, I think Venom might be able to subdue it with his CQC which was taught by Big Boss himself. If Venom could beat a grizzly bear to death, then it's safe to say he might be able to do the same to Solidus

Solidus Snake and Exo Suit enhancements > any skill from Venom Snake. Really no argument here IMO.

#20 Posted by darko1234 (617 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden.

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
#21 Posted by Soothing_Sounds (2296 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't venom have like an insane gear advantage he could use to ambush raiden?

#22 Posted by Enemybird (5164 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say venom unless Raiden gets his sword.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
#23 Posted by BeaconofStrength (12489 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden, and I wouldn't say it's close at all.

#24 Posted by TourneyMaster (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't venom have like an insane gear advantage he could use to ambush raiden?

Most of the gear Venom has is real world stuff. The only advatage he has in gear is Mother Base itself and thats more like outside help. Venom can call in air strikes, supply drops, a attack chopper, tanks even. But then so could Raiden. If mission parameters allowed him.

Ads far the characters themselves and unique gear Venoms gear is not that much better. He has Sleeping Grenades, a Scanning grenade, the ability to mark targets making stealth impossible at that point. I doubt Decoys or Fulton system comes into play. His elctro gauntlet states to deliver a 1 Megavolt of shock. However I dont see that working on Raiden who was fried to the point of smoking from Ocelot torture and was fine.

Meanwhile Raiden has Soliton Radar, body enhancing Nanomachines, better Sneaking Suit for dealing with injruies, HF Blade, invisible Claymores, and Chaff grenades.

So gear wise they really do not outdo the other. In the end its pure who has more impressive feats and accomplishments, and that is Raiden.

#25 Posted by Enemybird (5164 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Love_And_Hate (166 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom