User Lists: 0

Snake wins both rounds.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Venom stomps like he stomped Quiet and the Skulls. Moon Knight would die against any Metal Gear.

High_Noon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venom isn't stomping, but he definitely is the winner

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By tparks

Round 1 is debatable. Moon Knight would likely be Venom's toughest hand to hand fight he's ever had, besides Solid Snake who he lost to. Venom is likely the better fighter then Marc, although it might be tougher to prove with his limited feats.

Round 2 is a complete stomp for Venom. Venom is NOT street level when he has full access to his resources. He's literally a one man army, with a full army's worth of resources at his disposal. He could quite literally drop a tank out of the sky onto Moon Knight's head with pin point accuracy.

Moon Knight's gear can be awesome, but hardly any character can compare in standard gear next to Venom.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Moon Knight

Round 2: Snake

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Round 1 I'd back snake, Round going with Marc

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Round 1 there could be an argument made for both sides, although I think I back Venom for a majority, due to the fact that his main tachniques allows many effective counters, which he also can apply against physical superior enemies (Skulls)

Round 2 ends with Snake calling in Pequod to escape whilst he orders a nuke

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valor_175: Venom Snake is a trained soldier, so I don't think any of them will have any problems going all-out, but even if we use Marcs best equipment it would lose against Venoms best equipment

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valor_175: Didn't notice the standard gear point, my mistake. So Standard gear in the sense what he had on the first few missions( simple assault rifle and tranquilizer gun)? Marc has good speed, but due to the fact that Venom was able to counter surprise attacks by Skulls, I don't think his speed will be the deciding factor. His damage soak with his suit on the other side would (and will be) a problem

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tparks

@valor_175: Venom's standard gear is everything on Mother Base dropped to him within moments. Including tanks, mechs, new armor, missile launchers that lock onto speedsters, antimaterrial rifles, air strikes, helicopters, etc...

Venom with standard gear is above a metal gear in firepower.

Moon Knight is one of my favorite characters of all time, but his gear, impressive as it may be, is next to nothing compared to Venom's.

Even a character like Batman can't hold a candle to what Venom does with standard gear. Bruce needs a little bit of preparation to pull off what Venom does on the fly with gear.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Vertigo-

@valor_175: Venom can keep up well enough in stats, considering he can make Quiet look like a child in close quarters combat, and Quiet is more then strong enough to send grown men flying while in a position where she has 0 leverage. Not to mention that he can beat superhuman skulls in close quarters, who are strong enough to jump at least 20 feet casually and can move at blur speeds to nearly FTE. This includes moves that flat out stop their swings and disarm them of their own weaponry, and killing them with it. Snake will have no issue with Marks physicals, since he's faced similar people before. And won.

I also don't see how Marc has a mindset advantage. Venom is a trained soldier who's led not only Diamond Dogs, was a member of Big Boss' mother base staff before being handpicked to become BB's double, but then was trusted so much that he led the new mother base boss established as well. Venom is a cool professional, who, even when confronted with something like Sahelanthropus, never shit his pants, and even took it down all by his lonesome . I don't see what Marc brings to the table that can faze Venom in regards to mindset

With gear Venom is a walking one man army, with an army's resources and everything else at his beck and call. His standard gear can change on the fly, heck, he can even call in gunships to fight with him as well as drop in tanks and everything else Diamond Dogs possesses. How does Marc, who doesn't have such vast resources, possible counter this?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By tparks

@valor_175: The only gear that he ALWAYS carries is the Idroid, which is used for calling in gear and drop sites... you can't take that away from him if you try. It's like the main focus of the game.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valor_175: Take for example when he beat sahalanthropus. He had no chance to prepare for the battle. So under your logic, he would have beaten a massive metal gear with just an assault rifle and tranq gun, because his standard gear doesn't include drops...

Which if he did that, then there is no way Moon Knight stands a chance against someone who solos a massive mech with a tranq gun...

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Marc was just straight up more impressive. Only way I could see him winning is with extended gear. Marc doesn't need to be on Boss or Solid' s level to handle Venom, as Venom isn't on their level either.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venom Snake takes down the Moon Knight.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

Round 1 is debatable. Moon Knight would likely be Venom's toughest hand to hand fight he's ever had, besides Solid Snake who he lost to. Venom is likely the better fighter then Marc, although it might be tougher to prove with his limited feats.

Round 2 is a complete stomp for Venom. Venom is NOT street level when he has full access to his resources. He's literally a one man army, with a full army's worth of resources at his disposal. He could quite literally drop a tank out of the sky onto Moon Knight's head with pin point accuracy.

Moon Knight's gear can be awesome, but hardly any character can compare in standard gear next to Venom.

What are these impressive H2H feats? I thought Moon Knight was, like, Punisher tier.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marc was just straight up more impressive. Only way I could see him winning is with extended gear. Marc doesn't need to be on Boss or Solid' s level to handle Venom, as Venom isn't on their level either.

Im curious why you think Punisher level hand to hand fighter is besting Venom for sure. I think that fight is close but venom edges due to superior Martial Art form.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

What are these impressive H2H feats? I thought Moon Knight was, like, Punisher tier.

I would actually put Moon Knight as at least Punisher tier, in every category besides firearms. I think Moon Knight is physically more impressive then Punisher in all aspects, and a better H2H fighter. I just think Venom is more impressive then both of them. I'm sure you've seen all of the cutscenes from the game, so I won't post them here, but they all show consistent dominant CQC against every opponent he faces in H2H, including someone like Quiet, who neither Moon Knight or Punisher would stand even a slight chance against, yet Venom takes down and makes it look almost effortless on his part.

But he's also used H2H against an entire squad of Skulls. When his helicopter crashed and he had to face off against Skulls, it's unlikely he would have been toting around tons of high ordinance designed to take down superhumans of that caliber. He didn't have the opportunity for drops like he normally does, and had to beat them with nothing but the resources at hand, which was pretty much nothing. Yet we see Venom in QTEs performing perfect CQC against opponents so fast that Moon Knight could never hope to react to. I love Moon Knight, but he would be dead in seconds against a single Skull, let alone an entire squad of them with parasite infected soldiers supporting them as backup on top of it. Venom is just in another tier then Moon Knight.

And I'm not saying this to belittle Moon Knight. You likely will not find a bigger Moon Knight fan on all of Comic Vine then me (since Tony quit as Chief Editor that is). I own a physical copy of every one of his appearances up until Marvel NOW, where I stopped collecting Marvel comics. Even after giving up on every other series from Marvel with Marvel NOW, I still own 7 issues of Vol. 5, until I gave up completely on Marvel, including Moon Knight, and refused to support the publisher anymore, but that's a whole other conversation...

Just read through this if it's coming across as me seeing Moon Knight as a weak combatant.

And like I said in my original post, I understand that Round 1 is debatable. I just personally think that Venom has shown much more then Moon Knight could handle, but just doesn't have a boatload of feats to post like most comic characters do to prove he wins in a CV style debate.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Hajduk

@tparks said:
@the_hajduk said:
@tparks said:

I would actually put Moon Knight as at least Punisher tier, in every category besides firearms. I think Moon Knight is physically more impressive then Punisher in all aspects, and a better H2H fighter. I just think Venom is more impressive then both of them. I'm sure you've seen all of the cutscenes from the game, so I won't post them here, but they all show consistent dominant CQC against every opponent he faces in H2H, including someone like Quiet, who neither Moon Knight or Punisher would stand even a slight chance against, yet Venom takes down and makes it look almost effortless on his part.

But he's also used H2H against an entire squad of Skulls. When his helicopter crashed and he had to face off against Skulls, it's unlikely he would have been toting around tons of high ordinance designed to take down superhumans of that caliber. He didn't have the opportunity for drops like he normally does, and had to beat them with nothing but the resources at hand, which was pretty much nothing. Yet we see Venom in QTEs performing perfect CQC against opponents so fast that Moon Knight could never hope to react to. I love Moon Knight, but he would be dead in seconds against a single Skull, let alone an entire squad of them with parasite infected soldiers supporting them as backup on top of it. Venom is just in another tier then Moon Knight.

And I'm not saying this to belittle Moon Knight. You likely will not find a bigger Moon Knight fan on all of Comic Vine then me (since Tony quit as Chief Editor that is). I own a physical copy of every one of his appearances up until Marvel NOW, where I stopped collecting Marvel comics. Even after giving up on every other series from Marvel with Marvel NOW, I still own 7 issues of Vol. 5, until I gave up completely on Marvel, including Moon Knight, and refused to support the publisher anymore, but that's a whole other conversation...

Just read through this if it's coming across as me seeing Moon Knight as a weak combatant.

And like I said in my original post, I understand that Round 1 is debatable. I just personally think that Venom has shown much more then Moon Knight could handle, but just doesn't have a boatload of feats to post like most comic characters do to prove he wins in a CV style debate.

Wha... You said round 1 is debatable and if Venom won, it would be the toughest fight of his life. You said it would be hard to prove Venom's dominance given his few H2H feats. I asked you what makes MARC impressive in H2H, NOT Venom, I already said Venom curbstomps, and you replied to that with an argument proving Venom completely curbstomps? So we're on the same page than???

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Whoops. Lol. I misread that. Yes, we are definitely on the same page. I originally read your post as Punisher being better then Venom, which in turn makes Moon Knight better then Venom as well.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Hajduk

@tparks said:

@the_hajduk: Whoops. Lol. I misread that. Yes, we are definitely on the same page. I originally read your post as Punisher being better then Venom, which in turn makes Moon Knight better then Venom as well.

But you also said that Moon Knight would be the hardest fight of Venom's life and it would be hard to prove Venom's dominance... but you just proved Venom's dominance and said Moon Knight doesn't even have a chance against enemies who Venom has fondled. So have you changed your mind overnight, or perhaps there is some miscommunication occurring?

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venom has all of Big Boss's training and experience downloaded into his brain.

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venom is not being outclassed by Moon Knight physically.

Loading Video...

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: No, I haven't changed my mind. Besides Snake, Moon Knight is by far the most skilled opponent Venom would have ever faced. I don't think anyone else Venom fought is even close.

But I still think there is a skill gap between the two with Venom being the better, which is what I was explaining in my first reply to you when I thought you were arguing against Venom winning. That being said, it would be tough to prove by typical CV standards, with tons of scans and videos or gifs, and without Venom having ever fought someone similar to Moon Knight before. That's just not happening with Venom, because he doesn't have a ton of that to show off. A lot of people on CV tend to have narrow vision IMO when looking at characters, and only look at them based 100% off of feats, and not the characters as a whole. It appears you are likely not one of them, and I respect that, and agree with you. I just understand that many on CV would not accept Venom beating MK, without tons and tons of feats posted, which can be done with MK, and not Venom.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@the_hajduk: No, I haven't changed my mind. Besides Snake, Moon Knight is by far the most skilled opponent Venom would have ever faced. I don't think anyone else Venom fought is even close.

But I still think there is a skill gap between the two with Venom being the better, which is what I was explaining in my first reply to you when I thought you were arguing against Venom winning. That being said, it would be tough to prove by typical CV standards, with tons of scans and videos or gifs, and without Venom having ever fought someone similar to Moon Knight before. That's just not happening with Venom, because he doesn't have a ton of that to show off. A lot of people on CV tend to have narrow vision IMO when looking at characters, and only look at them based 100% off of feats, and not the characters as a whole. It appears you are likely not one of them, and I respect that, and agree with you. I just understand that many on CV would not accept Venom beating MK, without tons and tons of feats posted, which can be done with MK, and not Venom.

Quality over quantity. Besides, it's not like Venom is some featless side character. He was the protagonist of an entire game. I still want to know what these feats of Moon Knight are, because I don't know him, but I do know Punisher, and you said that he's on par with Punisher and Punisher isn't even as skilled as Quiet, never mind the physical enhancements, and Venom STILL fondled her.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By tparks

@the_hajduk: I can show why I think MK is more skilled then you might think later, when I can get to a PC (on my phone). I also think Punisher is likely more technically skilled then Quiet in hand to hand, she just has vastly superior physicals to make her much more of a threat then Punisher in hand to hand.

Also I'm not sure if "fondled" is the right word for what Venom did to Quiet. Maybe later on they did some of that, but not during the fight. Lol!

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@the_hajduk: I can show why I think MK is more skilled then you might think later, when I can get to a PC (on my phone). I also think Punisher is likely more technically skilled then Quiet in hand to hand, she just has vastly superior physicals to make her much more of a threat then Punisher in hand to hand.

Also I'm not sure if "fondled" is the right word for what Venom did to Quiet. Maybe later on they did some of that, but not during the fight. Lol!

Alright, I'm looking forward to it, don't forget.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bump.