User Lists: 0

Venom buries him.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@the_hajduk: Considering Sahalanthropus was taken down by a Medic with plastic surgery using only ARs, sniper rifles, rocket launchers, and one helicopter...yeah. Yeah it is.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Considering Sahalanthropus was taken down by a Medic with plastic surgery using only ARs, sniper rifles, rocket launchers, and one helicopter...yeah. Yeah it is.

*Sigh*

The lowball is real.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Vertigo-

There's a lot of variables in this fight. But I'll back Venom more often then not. His resources give him way too many options to win here. He has a literal armies resources at his beck and call. That amount of firepower is insane, and I don't see Batman dealing with it

That lowball of Sahalanthropus tho....

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo-: @kingcrimson: That’s literally what he is. I’m not saying he doesn’t have skill, but let’s not act like he was the “Greatest Soldier in the World,” like Naked Snake or Solid Snake.

Beating Sahalanthropus is a great feat. But he was LITERALLY beaten by conventional firepower.

I don’t see how I’m lowballing when I’m stating exactly what happened.

If you want to actually debate the point, then awesome! But just repeating “Dat lowballing tho” helps neither side tbh.

jayc1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venom wins

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo-: @kingcrimson: That’s literally what he is. I’m not saying he doesn’t have skill, but let’s not act like he was the “Greatest Soldier in the World,” like Naked Snake or Solid Snake.

Beating Sahalanthropus is a great feat. But he was LITERALLY beaten by conventional firepower.

If you want to actually debate the point, then awesome! But just repeating “Dat lowballing tho” helps neither side tbh.

Sahalanthropus was shown withstanding tank rounds in a cutscene. Ahab destroying it involved a lot more tactics than just firing his rifle. The player really has to spam rockets against select weak points and use everything in the environment.

The Batmobile is not more durable than Sahalanthropus. It can be destroyed by sufficient missiles. Sahalanthropus was a grueling gauntlet of gradually whittling through the mech's impenetrable armor, but the Batmobile should be a lot easier. Only a handful of missiles are required to get the job done.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By Vertigo-
@jmarshmallow said:

You talk as if all Venom had to do was just shoot it a bunch of times. This is false. Venom had to utilize what he had at his disposal to target specific weak points on Sahalanthropus in order to take it down. Sahalanthropus proved itself largely immune to both conventional gunfire , no selling assault rifle and tank machine gun fire, as well as heavier rounds, as seen when it took multiple tank rounds and nothing negative happened to it whatsoever (all of which is in the video I linked). You're omitting buckets of context with just stating that it was taken down with "AR's, Sniper Rifles, Rockets, and Hellicopters". Venom needed heavy ordanance, aimed at exactly the right places, over a prolonged period of time in order to take it down. Taking down Sahalanthropus is way harder then taking down the Batmobile, since Sahalanthropus is far more durable then anything the Batmobile showed and has a much greater destructive output, what with being able to smash tanks underfoot, as well as having mounted machine guns as well as a sword that can tear through gunships. And this thing was actively hunting Venom, as Miller notes that Sahalanthropus is after Venom explicitly. And Venom took this thing down using his tactics and what he had at his disposal around him

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sahalanthropus was shown withstanding tank rounds in a cutscene. Ahab destroying it involved a lot more tactics than just firing his rifle. The player really has to spam rockets against select weak points and use everything in the environment.

No they don't. I beat Sahalanthropus with an UN-ARC and a Brennan. I didn't have to hit any point at all, just kept firing in random spots.

And yes, it did withstand tank rounds. However, they staggered him, and the Batmobile has also withstood tank rounds. So no advantage there mate.

The Batmobile is not more durable than Sahalanthropus. It can be destroyed by sufficient missiles.

As can Sahalanthropus. Evidenced by VS beating Sahalanthropus.

Sahalanthropus was a grueling gauntlet of gradually whittling through the mech's impenetrable armor, but the Batmobile should be a lot easier. Only a handful of missiles are required to get the job done.

Grueling gauntlet? Even in the [EXTREME] version of this mission, Sahalanthropus was easy once you knew his attack patterns. He was slow, and all of his attacks were avoidable by running fast. There is literally nothing to suggest that, durability-wise, he is any more superior than the Batmobile.

Based on hype, sure Sahal is superior. But hype isn't evidence. Feats are.

And based on feats, VS was enough to take it down, pretty much solo.

That's what happened. I just replayed that fight yesterday to make sure I hadn't missed anything. But nope. All you have to do is just shoot it. There is no point where you're required to shoot any weak points.

This is false. Venom had to utilize what he had at his disposal to target specific weak points on Sahalanthropus in order to take it down.

This is a blatant lie. At no point are you required to target a weak point in the game. And I challenge you to provide any evidence otherwise.

Sahalanthropus proved itself largely immune to both conventional gunfire , no selling assault rifle and tank machine gun fire, as well as heavier rounds, as seen when it took multiple tank rounds and nothing negative happened to it whatsoever (all of which is in the video I linked).

He was staggered by the first tank round.

You're omitting buckets of context with just stating that it was taken down with "AR's, Sniper Rifles, Rockets, and Hellicopters". Venom needed heavy ordanance, aimed at exactly the right places, over a prolonged period of time in order to take it down.

Again, this is all conjecture at best, fan-fiction at worst.

I will provide the entire fight here.

As you can see, he isn't required to target any weak spots. Nor is it all that grueling, he does it in just around 8 minutes. Hardly a "prolonged period of time."

Taking down Sahalanthropus is way harder then taking down the Batmobile, since Sahalanthropus is far more durable then anything the Batmobile showed

Nope. Batmobile has also tanked tank rounds. Multiple tanks all at one time. If anything, that puts them equal. Except the Batmobile has never been taken down by one dude.

and has a much greater destructive output, what with being able to smash tanks underfoot, as well as having mounted machine guns as well as a sword that can tear through gunships.

Again, not accurate. Because the Batmobile has also taken down tanks, drones, etc.

And this thing was actively hunting Venom, as Miller notes that Sahalanthropus is after Venom explicitly. And Venom took this thing down using his tactics and what he had at his disposal around him

Again, that's an excellent feat. No doubt about that. However, he still did it with ARs, Sniper Rifles, and Rocket Launchers. If that's all it takes to be taken down, which it is, then its not this uber durable death machine you're making it out to be.

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:

Sally has a sword whereas the Batmobile doesn't. Your arguement is invalid.
Sally has a sword whereas the Batmobile doesn't. Your arguement is invalid.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2dd32201ad6
deactivated-5b2dd32201ad6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venom is physically stronger than Snake who has superhuman physicals far beyond Bruce. He also has comparable skills. Batman is very dead.

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ig-88 said:

Venom is physically stronger than Snake who has superhuman physicals far beyond Bruce. He also has comparable skills. Batman is very dead.

Based on his fights with The Skulls?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ig-88: This isn’t a H2H right. Otherwise yeah VS would stomp.

@apocofist: Aw schucks.

A sword?!? Why didn’t I think of that critical piece of the puzzle!

Sahal too OP.

Avatar image for manmadeofhunter
manmadeofhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By manmadeofhunter

Going to just bump this. Snake stomps, nothing that Arkham Bats can do to him. Full resources means that Venom Snake has his army, and the Killer Bee one or two shots the batmobile. The batmobile is restricted to non lethal equipment, meaning that it'll be easier to take down than Sahelanthropus

manmadeofhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By manmadeofhunter

@dragonbellz: He wouldn't beat New 52 bruce though, but he LOLstomps this battle so hard. Nick gave Venom an ARMY. Restrict this to standard gear and you've got a fight.

manmadeofhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: Sal lowball is real. Venom had to use his tactics. I bet if you pit Arkham Batman against Sal, he would die 10 seconds later.

manmadeofhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: And the batmobile can be destroyed by weaker firepower