Vance VS K4tzm4n ....er....I mean, Daredevil VS Gambit =)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Daredevil (twin batons) 
Nightcrawler 

VS

Gambit (bo-staff, 1 deck of cards, no death powers)  
Beast

They begin at opposite ends of the pool (obviously not IN it!). To elaborate, Gambit begins near the twin circles (shaped like Mikey Mouse's head) and Daredevil begins where the pool intersects the two hotels. Midday. Unpopulated. Everything is on limits. 

Rules

-Morals apply

-Standard elimination rules

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Theres like three of these.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Gambler said:
"Theres like three of these. "

Not with this set of rules or location, good sir!
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Plus, in all honesty there's been how many repeat threads which have managed to stir and refresh good debates?  I'd say quite a few.  But lock it if you wish.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@k4tzm4n said:
"
Plus, in all honesty there's been how many repeat threads which have managed to stir and refresh good debates?  I'd say quite a few.  But lock it if you wish. "
Have there? I didn't notice but then again I wasn't paying attention either. Isnt this basically Gambit with standard gear vs Daredevil with standard gear, resort location? You could just copy and paste the op in one of the other Gambit vs DD threads and start the same debate without making a new thread.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Okay, impress me lol

Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Neon_Nemesis

I think DD only chance would be to take Gambit out in one fell swoop, Gambit is good fighter himself [not as good as DD though] if DD gets in close and can't take him out then Gambit could charge him and turn him into a bomb

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

The thread has been updated to a 2v2 so it does not go against the rules. My fault for doing such.

Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Neon_Nemesis

2v2?

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@k4tzm4n said:
"

The thread has been updated to a 2v2 so it does not go against the rules. My fault for doing such.

"
Who are the other two?
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@k4tzm4n said:
"

"
This two on two battle has already been done ;) jus playin.
Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Neon_Nemesis

The only way I see Nightcrawler taking Gambit out is by getting in close, and most likely Gambit will end up charging him up before Nightcrawl tries to BFR him [I consider Gambit the better fighter of the two]

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By rbysjti

Hmmm... k4tzm4n will win here if he goes for Gambit. It's always a disadvantage if one is blind and hyperkeen senses can always be tricked upon. Gambit can mess up Daredevil's senses,  throwing at least 10  cards on different places so Daredevil would be confused, Gambit has longed range of attacks  and can always grab an object to throw it to Daredevil.

Gambit wins here.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@rbysjti said:
"Hmmm... k4tzm4n will win here if he goes for Gambit. It's always a disadvantage if one is blind and hyperkeen senses can always be tricked upon. Gambit can mess up Daredevil's senses,  throwing at least 10  cards on different places so Daredevil would be confused, Gambit has longed range of attacks  and can always grab an object to throw it to Daredevil.  Gambit wins here. "

The OP has been updated. I wish I could update the thread title, but I can't.  Always remember to check da OP, foo! =)
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Neon_Nemesis said:
"The only way I see Nightcrawler taking Gambit out is by getting in close, and most likely Gambit will end up charging him up before Nightcrawl tries to BFR him [I consider Gambit the better fighter of the two] "

Morals apply. Gambit won't be killing Nightcrawler and vice versa.  They're bffs. Well, they aren't really, but you get my point.

@Gambler
said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
"

"
This two on two battle has already been done ;) jus playin. "

Prolly shouldn't say this...But I'd be pretty disappointed if this thread HASN'T been made in the history of the Vine =)
Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Neon_Nemesis
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Neon_Nemesis said:
"The only way I see Nightcrawler taking Gambit out is by getting in close, and most likely Gambit will end up charging him up before Nightcrawl tries to BFR him [I consider Gambit the better fighter of the two] "

Morals apply. Gambit won't be killing Nightcrawler and vice versa.  They're bffs. Well, they aren't really, but you get my point.

@Gambler
said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
"

"
This two on two battle has already been done ;) jus playin. "
Prolly shouldn't say this...But I'd be pretty disappointed if this thread HASN'T been made in the history of the Vine =) "
I know, I was thinking Gambit would charge with just enough energy to KO him, same with Daredevil
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I'll try to spice things up a wee bit: 

Nightcrawler  >Gambit 
Nightcrawler < Beast 
Daredevil < Gambit 
Daredevil < Beast 

Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Neon_Nemesis
@k4tzm4n said:
" I'll try to spice things up a wee bit:  Nightcrawler  >Gambit Nightcrawler < Beast Daredevil < Gambit Daredevil < Beast   "
I think Gambit would have a better shot at beating Nightcrawler then Beast would,
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By rbysjti
@k4tzm4n said:

Nightcrawler  >Gambit 
Nightcrawler < Beast 
Daredevil < Gambit 
Daredevil < Beast

That's not right. Gambit should rank 1st. Then Beast, then Nightcrawler, and last is Daredevil.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Neon_Nemesis said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" I'll try to spice things up a wee bit:  Nightcrawler  >Gambit Nightcrawler < Beast Daredevil < Gambit Daredevil < Beast   "
I think Gambit would have a better shot at beating Nightcrawler then Beast would, "

IMHO Gambit can earn a few wins, but his poor durability makes him more susceptible to Nightcrawler's attacks (via teleport juggle, or even a teleport combo).  Beast's attributes, on the other hand, allow him to take Nightcrawler's hits (his durability) and handle juggling (his physical attributes, this was noted by Xraven).

@rbysjti said:
" @k4tzm4n said:  Nightcrawler  >Gambit Nightcrawler < Beast Daredevil < Gambit Daredevil < Beast    That's not right. Gambit should rank 1st. Then Beast, then Nightcrawler, and last is Daredevil. "

That's just who i see as having the edge in those individual match ups.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By dane
@Neon_Nemesis said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
I think Gambit would have a better shot at beating Nightcrawler then Beast would, "
Beast has animal keen senses to predict Nightcrawler's teleports with, same way Wolverine does it. I'd say Beast definitely has a better chance of taking out Nightcrawler.
Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Neon_Nemesis
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Neon_Nemesis said:
" @k4tzm4n said:

IMHO Gambit can earn a few wins, but his poor durability makes him more susceptible to Nightcrawler's attacks (via teleport juggle, or even a teleport combo).  Beast's attributes, on the other hand, allow him to take Nightcrawler's hits (his durability) and handle juggling (his physical attributes, this was noted by Xraven).

"
Hmm you know I didn't think about a teleport juggle 
Gambit has pretty quick reflexes [is a bullet dodger] and is a good acrobat [not as good as Kurt but pretty impressive] if Nightcrawler starts juggling him around in the air, I would think Gambit would be able to land a hit with a charge bo staff.

He doesn't have Beast' durability, but he is wearing body armor which should also soften some of the blows
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

"Hmm you know I didn't think about a teleport juggle  Gambit has pretty quick reflexes [is a bullet dodger] and is a good acrobat [not as good as Kurt but pretty impressive]  

Indeed he is, but that still won't help him from not becoming disoriented or predicting Nightcrawler's attacks.

if Nightcrawler starts juggling him around in the air, I would think Gambit would be able to land a hit with a charge bo staff.   

The point is he's disoriented while doing such a maneuver.  Plus, it may only be done a few times to throw him off, and follow up with a combo.

He doesn't have Beast' durability, but he is wearing body armor which should also soften some of the blows " 

We've still seen it provided little protection, and his face isn't armored ;)

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By rbysjti
@k4tzm4n said:

" @Neon_Nemesis said:

" @k4tzm4n said:

@rbysjti said:
" @k4tzm4n said:  Nightcrawler  >Gambit Nightcrawler < Beast Daredevil < Gambit Daredevil < Beast    That's not right. Gambit should rank 1st. Then Beast, then Nightcrawler, and last is Daredevil. "
That's just who i see as having the edge in those individual match ups. "

At the start of the fight, Gambit can keep on running so Nightcrawler would have a hard time trying to get near him and with a deck of cards, i'm sure there's always one card that gets to where Nightcrawler would appear.  And Gambit is good at "timing". Beast won't be able to endure Gambit's explosive attacks. Beast comes to a second cos definitely  he's stronger  than  Nightcrawler  and has hyperkeen sense too. Beast is faster than Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler is third because he's  good sneaker too. Nightcrawler and Daredevil might just have a little difference on compraing their hyperkeen sense, speed and durbility as well as strength, but Nightcrawler has a third hand... his prehensile tail. Daredevil is the last.
Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Neon_Nemesis
@k4tzm4n: 

Is he actually strong enough to kick Gambit high enough into the air to do this? And with pretty fast reflexes he could avoid his initial attack all together

His face isn't armored but its a pretty a small target though
Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Neon_Nemesis
@Dane said:
" @Neon_Nemesis said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
Beast has animal keen senses to predict Nightcrawler's teleports with, same way Wolverine does it. I'd say Beast definitely has a better chance of taking out Nightcrawler. "
I would put Wolvies senses aboe Beast
Not saying Beast can't do it though, it would help out a lot
I would say Gambit has a pretty good shot if he could avoid NC initial attack
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Oh sweet Jesus...Where to begin....*takes a deep breath*     

@rbysjti
said:

At the start of the fight, Gambit can keep on running so Nightcrawler would have a hard time trying to get near him and with a deck of cards, i'm sure there's always one card that gets to where Nightcrawler would appear.  And Gambit is good at "timing". Beast won't be able to endure Gambit's explosive attacks. Beast comes to a second cos definitely  he's stronger  than  Nightcrawler  and has hyperkeen sense too. Beast is faster than Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler is third because he's  good sneaker too. Nightcrawler and Daredevil might just have a little difference on compraing their hyperkeen sense, speed and durbility as well as strength, but Nightcrawler has a third hand... his prehensile tail. Daredevil is the last. "

I have multiple problems with this:

1) Gambit can run all he wants, the distance to teleport in this location is by no means a stretch for Nightcrawler to reach via teleportation. 
2) Gambit needs to tag Beast in order for him to inflict damage.  I'd imagine this location may provide difficutly, since it grants Beast a lot of varied environment to use his superhuman speed, agility and reflexes to close the gap. 
3) I don't see why you're comparing DD and NC.  They're on the same team.  My post says who I think  would win out of potential 1v1s. It doesnt rank them overall.  

@Neon_Nemesis said:

" @k4tzm4n:   Is he actually strong enough to kick Gambit high enough into the air to do this? And with pretty fast reflexes he could avoid his initial attack all together  His face isn't armored but its a pretty a small target though "

I don't quite understand.  Why does NC have to kick Gambit into the air to telejuggle him? All he has to do is grab him and he can accomplish this.  Gambit's reflexes are indeed very good, but I question if he'd be able to tag NC in his initial attack, which in turn, could easily grant NC the advantage if done properly.  Btw, his head isn't a small target. In comparison to his body? Sure, but it's not difficult to tag. 

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Btw, to further elaborate on why Beast has far superior chances of tolerating a telejuggle: 

Beast = Superhuman stamina.

Gambit = nope.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

i don't know where to start now.I think Gambit can win in this setting.With a deck of cards and some space..i'm sure he will use them to his advantage.

Mr Creesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By Mr Creesy
@Vance Astro said:
"I think Gambit can win in this setting.With a deck of cards and some space..i'm sure he will use them to his advantage. "

Seconded
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
"i don't know where to start now.I think Gambit can win in this setting.With a deck of cards and some space..i'm sure he will use them to his advantage. "

OP was updated awhile ago to prevent this from being a repeat thread.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By Power NeXus

I am of the opinion that Daredevil and Nightcrawler would win this one. Nightcrawler is capable of beating Gambit without too much trouble, and at least holding his own against Beast. Daredevil, likewise, could beat Gambit or hold his own against Beast. Any way I see it going down, one of them will fight and beat Gambit while the other keeps Beast busy, then they team up against Beast.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"i don't know where to start now.I think Gambit can win in this setting.With a deck of cards and some space..i'm sure he will use them to his advantage. "
OP was updated awhile ago to prevent this from being a repeat thread. "
Ok..it's more even now. 

@Power NeXus said:
" I am of the opinion that Daredevil and Nightcrawler would win this one. Nightcrawler is capable of beating Gambit without too much trouble, and at least holding his own against Beast. Daredevil, likewise, could beat Gambit or hold his own against Beast. Any way I see it going down, one of them will fight and beat Gambit while the other keeps Beast busy, then they team up against Beast. "
I sort of agree with this. If Nightcrawler does most of the work against Gambit then Beast is basically a sitting duck.Even if you believe he can take one of them individually,he sure as hell can't beat them both.I think Gambit could take Nightcrawler but the circumstances would have to be different.I think with all of this space Gambit would have to have a level of awareness above what he does now.It depends on who goes after who.We don't know how these characters think.Nightcrawler isn't much of a tactician.If they are just taking a opponent,maybe he will go for Beast.That will leave DD against Gambit.I don't know how Gambit would react to DD either.The one time they actually fought Gambit didn't use any cards IIRC and he still was able to stalemate him. (Not that I think that's really feasible) Gambit and Beast have been X-men for a while maybe they could use their team chemistry to their advantage.If Nightcrawler is using teleportation as his main asset, Beast or Gambit could still maybe help each other when he appears.This could go several ways but I think Daredevil & Nightcrawler are most likely to win.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I'll reply when I can.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Power NeXus

@Vance Astro:  

Nightcrawler isn't much of a tactician.If they are just taking a opponent,maybe he will go for Beast.

I think Nightcrawler is smart enough to realize he's not strong enough to really hurt Beast at all. I'd see NC going after Gambit the majority of the time.  

The one time they actually fought Gambit didn't use any cards IIRC and he still was able to stalemate him. (Not that I think that's really feasible)

Seriously? 
wtf...  
Gambit is good, but he isn't that good.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

The one time they actually fought Gambit didn't use any cards IIRC and he still was able to stalemate him. (Not that I think that's really feasible)

Seriously? 
wtf...  
Gambit is good, but he isn't that good.

You're talking about DD VS Gambit, right?  It's true, Gambit and Daredevil basically had a stalemate, jumping from rooftop to rooftop, going blow for blow before they teamed up against Constrictor.  However, I don't enjoy using feats from that series (despite there are QUITE a few) and here's why:

-Gambit was able to stalemate Daredevil, yet got STOMPED by Bullseye--- someone who is worse than Daredevil in hand-to-hand combat.

-Gambit was able to swiftly best (and with ease) Crossbones and Batroc--- two characters who have given Steve Rogers trouble on a regular basis.

Other feats, such as displays of his agility and accuracy with cards I have no real gripes with, though.  Also, he had a BRIEF stalemate with Blade--- I had no issues with that encounter. 

I think a lot of people tend to underestimate Gambit's fighting abilities/reflexes and agility, though.  He's regularly demonstrated the ability to not only dodge bullets, but also deflect them back at his target and even on one occasion, catch and charge one.  His expertise with his bo-staff topped with his enhanced agility and mastery of savate also mesh together to make a (IMO) unique and effective combat style.  And then there's the whole "Hey, I can throw explosive cards at you with VERY good accuracy" part ;) 

Power, I know you're aware of most of that, as well as Vance, but I guess that post was just a general summary to hopefully inform viners who may not fully be aware of Gambit's abilities.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Power NeXus
@k4tzm4n:
Gambit stomped Crossbones, stalemated Daredevil, and got pwned by Bullseye? 
 Holy sh** dude. That's pretty bad writing...
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By rbysjti

@k4tzm4n said:

"
Oh sweet Jesus...Where to begin....*takes a deep breath*     

@rbysjti
said:

At the start of the fight, Gambit can keep on running so Nightcrawler would have a hard time trying to get near him and with a deck of cards, i'm sure there's always one card that gets to where Nightcrawler would appear.  And Gambit is good at "timing". Beast won't be able to endure Gambit's explosive attacks. Beast comes to a second cos definitely  he's stronger  than  Nightcrawler  and has hyperkeen sense too. Beast is faster than Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler is third because he's  good sneaker too. Nightcrawler and Daredevil might just have a little difference on compraing their hyperkeen sense, speed and durbility as well as strength, but Nightcrawler has a third hand... his prehensile tail. Daredevil is the last. "

I have multiple problems with this:

1) Gambit can run all he wants, the distance to teleport in this location is by no means a stretch for Nightcrawler to reach via teleportation. 
2) Gambit needs to tag Beast in order for him to inflict damage.  I'd imagine this location may provide difficutly, since it grants Beast a lot of varied environment to use his superhuman speed, agility and reflexes to close the gap. 
3) I don't see why you're comparing DD and NC.  They're on the same team.  My post says who I think  would win out of potential 1v1s. It doesnt rank them overall.  

1. Gambit moving with proper timing, Nightcrawler wouldn't know Gambit's position when he reappears.  
2. Beast is indeed faster but throwing cards is pretty fast too.  It is gonna be hard for Beast to get near him.
3. Ah yeah! Sorry about that.",)
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Power NeXus said:
"@k4tzm4n: Gambit stomped Crossbones, stalemated Daredevil, and got pwned by Bullseye?  Holy sh** dude. That's pretty bad writing... "

Exactly my point.  He even "justified" it by saying how he was completely outclassed by Bullseye, anyway...Yet he talks about how Crossbones is a guy who can take on Rogers and then basically one-shots him via a b*tch slap w/ a charged piece of debris(or was it a crowbar?)
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Power NeXus said:
"@k4tzm4n: Gambit stomped Crossbones, stalemated Daredevil, and got pwned by Bullseye?  Holy sh** dude. That's pretty bad writing... "
Exactly my point.  He even "justified" it by saying how he was completely outclassed by Bullseye, anyway...Yet he talks about how Crossbones is a guy who can take on Rogers and then basically one-shots him via a b*tch slap w/ a charged piece of debris(or was it a crowbar?) "
Gambit fought Crossbones? I could have sworn it was Zaran whom he fought with Batroc the Leaper.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Vance Astro said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Power NeXus said:
Exactly my point.  He even "justified" it by saying how he was completely outclassed by Bullseye, anyway...Yet he talks about how Crossbones is a guy who can take on Rogers and then basically one-shots him via a b*tch slap w/ a charged piece of debris(or was it a crowbar?) "
Gambit fought Crossbones? I could have sworn it was Zaran whom he fought with Batroc the Leaper. "

No Caption Provided
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Power NeXus said:
Gambit fought Crossbones? I could have sworn it was Zaran whom he fought with Batroc the Leaper. "

Yup, the scan of the one-shot is floating around this site.  I have it on my PC at home.  I'll go back and re-read the issues too, because I'm pretty sure Zaran and Batroc were scared of Crossbones, LOL
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Gambler said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Power NeXus said:

No Caption Provided
"
Right,Gambit #19.My bad.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
Yup, the scan of the one-shot is floating around this site.  I have it on my PC at home.  I'll go back and re-read the issues too, because I'm pretty sure Zaran and Batroc were scared of Crossbones, LOL "
Zaran is a tool bag.The handbook rates him a 7 but he loses to everyone.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Vance Astro said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
Yup, the scan of the one-shot is floating around this site.  I have it on my PC at home.  I'll go back and re-read the issues too, because I'm pretty sure Zaran and Batroc were scared of Crossbones, LOL "
Zaran is a tool bag.The handbook rates him a 7 but he loses to everyone. "
LMAO just killin him. I agree.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Oh and BTW I think Gambit takin Crossbones is totally feasible.