Using the type of logic used for anime characters, how powerful would guys like Superman or Hulk be?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MysteryMeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Using the type of logic used for anime characters, how powerful would guys like Superman or Hulk be? (29 votes)

Planet busting level 31%
Star busting level 3%
Multi solar system busting level 0%
Galaxy busting level 3%
Multi Galaxy busting level 3%
Universe busting level 17%
Higher 41%
No Caption Provided

Applying the logic used for anime characters (All statements being taken at face value, generous scaling, high end feats only etc)

How powerful would a high tier like Superman or Hulk be?

For versions, its Post Crisis Superman or 616 Hulk, use whichever you're more familiar with.

• 
Laskt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sniffs*

Smells like salt

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laskt said:

*sniffs*

Smells like salt

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RajjarsAlt  Online

@mysterymeat The vine would become vsbattles if that framework were to take a hold of enough ppl

hulksmashtoaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based off of statements, Superman stopped an omniversal threat, and Hulk busted a universe.

SuperPrimeTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SuperPrimeTime

According to anime logic hulk would be an antagonist from his face or a side character again because of his face and build, no main character looks like that.

According to anime logic Superman would be a chad protagonist he’d most likely have a harsh background story like instead of Supes leaves as a baby, he grew to be a teen on krypton brainiac attacked his childhood friend is supergirl, there parents send them to earth as brainiac blows up the planet and Supes meets Lois and then a competition between the new girl and the childhood friend starts while Supes learns how to absorb energy from the sun to beat brainiac something like that, main point main character and since it’s shonen he’d only get stronger as the series progesses so he’d probably start off as planet level to beat brainiac and get to universal trying to beat Imperiax, Zod would be a Vegeta type character. As they learn new abilities to fight brainiac and he’d get a cool sword like guts since they have similar facial structure I’m thinking a darker Superman like Superman X.

Damn this could be an actual anime.

hulksmashtoaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hulksmashtoaa

@superprimetime:

Superman and Zod having a relationship akin to Goku and Vegeta would be very, very cool and have lots of potential for good story and character-building.

I feel like Superman doesn't really have any rivals or brotherly figures in his life. Yes, there are people who are with Superman and often in his presence. Yes, there are people who rival Superman in terms of power. But this particular type of relationship (as described) has yet to be explored with the character.

Avatar image for the_alchemist01
the_alchemist01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(All statements being taken at face value, generous scaling, high end feats only etc)

Unfortunately none of these exist in "anime scaling". If it were so, Juubito would be accepted as at least Small Planet level since 2nd form Jyuubi had Small planet level chakra and Juubito (by feats and statements) scales leagues above that.

SuperPrimeTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulksmashtoaa: they need to bring back Superman X, he isn’t a canon character but he was in The Legion Of Superheroes, the guy was a badass had his own morals that collided frequently with superman’s and yet they remained like brothers. DC should bring him back he had the best vegeta goku like relationship with Superman.

They even did fusion.

Madrus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That isn't anime logic.

Escrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Escrow

All statements being taken at face value, generous scaling, high end feats only etc

That definitely doesn't apply to anime-only, trust me. Fanboys always find a way.

*cough* Planet-Level+ Tectonic Plate Shifting DCEU Supes *cough*

SocaJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superprimetime: Lol that was perfect and you got me hyped xD

If I may continue the story, assuming this is DC anime Earth- following Superman’s defeat of Brainiac, he develops a bit of an ego- while still being amicable. However, this causes him to be a little careless when testing the limits of his flight speed. He goes so fast, he accidentally scorches a mountain but unbeknownst to him, Bruce-sama happened to be standing on the mountain with Alfred...who then dies of the heat/shockwave (Bruce doesn’t because he’s built different). Bruce then vows to kill Superman as he’s a danger to everyone alive and Anime Alfred was Bruce’s uncle so that death hits even harder.

Down the line, Bat-sama and Superman have a hell of a fight which ends with an emotional moment of Clark telling him of his own tragic past and Bruce empathising and deciding that revenge is not the way for him as it’ll corrupt him. Then enters Imperiex into the story where the threat is so vast and Superman must call on Bat-Sama’s 1,000 IQ and genetic knowledge of any tactic or strategy ever employed by man- to take down Imperiex with him.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Eredin12  Online

This just seems like salt, none of that is true with anime characters, if it was Juubito would be considered planet buster yet that is not the case

No Caption Provided

Superman is simply pure fodder and is not even planet buster, get over it, you could even multiply Clark's stats to googleplex and he would still be complete fodder in verses like DB, SS, Bastard let alone some stronger ones, he is legit that weak

dhdfh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dhdfh

So you telling comic fans don't take statements at face value at all

dhdfh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dhdfh

Also guy says how powerful they will be

Not how one should write them if they were to iskeaied into anime world

mevbi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mevbi

Nobody takes planet level Juubito seriously because... he doesn't have planet level feats or statements? Y'all would go crazy if he had some.

Ot: comics would be hella wanked, just look at dragon ball

SuperPrimeTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie: xD

But you skipped the kryptonian arc when the kryptonians arrived on earth with the prince of all kryptonians Zod, due to Jor-El they managed to turn krypton into a diplomatic society as a result the monarchy had a revolt and failed, they got exiled and blamed Jor-El because diplomacy was his idea. Zod arrives on earth and due to the yellow sun his powers manifest and immediately decides he is the king of earth, Superman gets Kara and they head out to fight Non, Ursa and Mr. Kneel before Zod or Mr. Kneel for short, they can’t deal with the Prince who is no stranger to battle so he uses tricks that they wouldn’t while in a heat vision contest Superman uses the Solar flare killing non who got in the way while everyone else got KO’d then the injured Supergirl goes to kill Zod but Superman says she shouldnt as even though he’s bad he has intentions of restoring krypton so even if he hates him and his method, he can’t hate his intentions, he’s also happy because it means he doesn’t have to smash Kara to repopulate krypton since Zod will smash Ursa instead, he proceeds to smash Lois.

Elsewhere in Space H’el is in suspended animation coming to earth and will any perversions to the kryptonian genome including any half breeds, Kon-el’s (kryptonian clones), and members of the monarchy as he is Superman’s brother (he actually is kinda H’el was raised by Jor-El that why he has the surname El, but biologically he has the cells of every kryptonian in existence).

Meanwhile Superman then trains and meets new friends along the way such as Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter who would definitely want to meet another alien, while Zod goes to another solar system with a yellow sun, little did they both now that Brainiac was coming for Oa, the lantern of earth is dispatched to find recruits to help aid against Brainiac and Superman and friends answer the call but Zod also sees this as an opportunity to Brainiac. How will they get to Oa, will Zod actually help, find out next time on Superman new league. Queue song.

bonfire_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"All statements being taken at face value"

Universal Jirou

No Caption Provided

Universal Madara

No Caption Provided

lol

Ob1Toe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ob1Toe

@eredin12: hyperbole sword with 0 feats isnt a good comparison. op is salty but juubito has worse statements then the average comic chracter. someone this sword created a world but we never see it lol. fodder man has legit moon feats and wbh exists.

MysteryMeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

This just seems like salt, none of that is true with anime characters, if it was Juubito would be considered planet buster yet that is not the case

No Caption Provided

Superman is simply pure fodder and is not even planet buster, get over it, you could even multiply Clark's stats to googleplex and he would still be complete fodder in verses like DB, SS, Bastard let alone some stronger ones, he is legit that weak

I like how you unintentionally proved the threads point.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Eredin12  Online

@mysterymeat: And what point is that, all i see here is your salt really for Superman not being as strong as you wish him to be and people not accepting his boosting as facts, that's the only point behind the thread, pretending that some difirnet standards are used for anime than for comics here is just funny, comics are wanked just as much as anime if not more here

MysteryMeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@mysterymeat: And what point is that, all i see here is your salt really for Superman not being as strong as you wish him to be

Well some people are slower than others, so I'll give you a couple hours to figure it out as I rest.

Night.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Eredin12  Online

@ob1toe said:

@eredin12: hyperbole sword with 0 feats isnt a good comparison. op is salty but juubito has worse statements then the average comic chracter. someone this sword created a world but we never see it lol. fodder man has legit moon feats and wbh exists.

I agree but that is the point, unlike what he suggested nobady takes evrything in anime at face value if they did Juubito would be that strong

bonfire_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Eredin12  Online

@mysterymeat: There is no need, as i said i am very much aware of it since i was on a thread that was the reason for this, real-life earth runs durabiltiy gauntlet with Supermans round in it, and besides you DC fans are very easy to read, people not accepting Supermans boosting being fact is what lead to this, even though that same is with anime.

you see this

"All statements being taken at face value, generous scaling, high end feats only etc"

Is not the reason why those verses stomp Superman, the reason is the fact that they actually do have consistent feats that good, something Superman does not, and instead unlike them relies on self boosting backed by literally nothing, so your point was really hollow

hulksmashtoaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12:

Tbh, Superman w/ googolplex stats would godstomp most characters.

Look at how strong this hypothetical Hulk would be in terms of strength alone.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/would-hulk-vs-broly-deathbattle-outcome-have-been--2123918/?page=1#js-message-24123326

Now imagine those big numbers I described, but then multiply it by a number that is incomprehensibly and astronomically greater than the number of every atom in the whole universe.

That's how big googolplex is.

kilgpmktra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk would be omniversal for consistently fighting Thing who can exhaust pre retcon Beyonder and tank energy blasts from galactus

Superman would be high tier multiversal for knocking out the world forger, who was literally about to re-create the multiverse and cracking the sixth dimension

They both would take turns at one shotting dragonball

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Eredin12  Online

@hulksmashtoaa:

Tbh, Superman w/ googolplex stats would godstomp most characters.

Lot yes

Now imagine those big numbers I described, but then multiply it by a number that is incomprehensibly and astronomically greater than the number of every atom in the whole universe.

To bad base Superman is nowhere near that strong so we will not multiply that to googolplex, he is just moon level brick, besides that was obvious hyperbole meant to show my point, about just how weak he really is

hulksmashtoaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12:

I ain't repping Superman here. I'm just here to rep the number googolplex. Any character with googolplex stats would be able to casually bust countless decillions of universes by flicking their finger.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Eredin12  Online

@hulksmashtoaa: As i said that is just hyperbole meant to show my point about just how much of fodder he really is power wise, moon level to universal+ and above power level difference

hulksmashtoaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kilgpmktra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kilgpmktra

@eredin12: Superman doesn’t need those stat boosts. You saw what he did to the world forger and the space surrounding him? That’s above even the likes of DBS, which is pretty darn strong amigo

Madrus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Madrus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kilgpmktra: Marvel comics is also far more inconsistent than anime, that's why scaling is far more reliable in anime than it is in Marvel, it's just common sense.

Avatar image for applekidthethird
Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kilgpmktra: world forger's durability isn't that great, considering he got ended by a planet that his mom chucked at him.

SuperPrimeTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madrus17: Whoa hold your horses Marvel is far from consistent then any shonen anime, if it was anime as a whole you could make a case, your forgetting there is a difference between comic characters and shonen anime characters, that difference being shonen characters get stronger as a part of the narrative as in always. Comic characters power fluctuate from run to run or rather from author to author, I was literally reading a post crisis sueprman story and in that comic he was running away from a supernova behind him saying that if it touched him he’d he vaporised immediately but in the next comic literally the next issue he destroys infinite dimensions by bullrushing them, stupid am I right it’s because of different authors. The same is true with marvel one day Thor is beating black winter then in avengers he’s trapped by moons and stats pheonix would kill him. Although you are right some people never change like Wolverine but characters that have the potential to grow also have the potential to get weaker like Sentry as an example used to have regeneration but he’s currently floating in space as a corpse, but then again most of his abilites are inconsistent it’s like marvel modelled him after pre-crisis Superman main point unless your talking about a specific character most marvel characters are inconsistent as hell especially the Hulk who’s power is literally based on his mood.