The Crystal Catacombs

Avatar image for thebluedragon20
thebluedragon20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Unalaq both rounds. While Ghazan could do a lot of damage if left unchecked, lava bending is too slow for him to to keep up with unalaq's fast paced attacks, and his Earth bending is not powerful enough to get through unalaq's pretty solid defence and mobility.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm betting on Unalaq on either round. I will get back to this, good opportunity to talk about the "Unalaq issue" regarding the possible difference between him before and after he fused with Vaatu, the Dark Avatar State aside. I think it was brought up again recently.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unalaq is extemely patient and clean when it comes to his attacks. He waits for the right opening, just like he did in his fight with Tonraq. I'm betting on him for both rounds. Ghazan can give him a good fight, but Unalaq is also quite mobile. He'll use the waterfall to his advantage. Ghazan is strong, and can put up a good defense, but Unalaq KO-ed Mako and Bolin with one waterblast, so I think he can deal with Ghazan's earthbending. I also don't know if Ghazan will be able to get out enough lava to cause problems fast enough.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Unalaq barely pulls off a win in R1, but wins pretty solidly in R2

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unalaq edges out round 1.

Unalaq fairly easily in round 2.

Unalaq's attacks are generally faster than the lava attacks of larger scale and Ghazan's earth isn't enough to contend with Unalaq.

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably the dark avatar

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Aystarr

Unalaq wins R1 high diff

Unalaq wins R2 mid diff

@anthp2000 said:

I'm betting on Unalaq on either round. I will get back to this, good opportunity to talk about the "Unalaq issue" regarding the possible difference between him before and after he fused with Vaatu, the Dark Avatar State aside. I think it was brought up again recently.

Don't worry, the only person I think would have given you a reasonable opinion has deactivated their account .

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never been entirely convinced that merging with Vaatu amped Unalaq beyond giving him access to a Dark Avatar state/advanced spiritual powers (removing Raava), but his best feats do come from his fight with Korra (post fusion). Imo it has more to do with him and Korra pushing each other to their respective limits and having an abundance of water to make use of, but I get why people make the distinction (it's one of those things that's been debated to death and back and is ultimately up to personal interpretation, I think, unless we get some creator clarification)

R1: judging just by Unalaq's feats prior to fusion, I could see it going either way, but an edge to Unalaq I think. Ghazan went down pretty quickly to a double team from Mako and Bolin, while Unalaq held the duo off/had the upper hand. Granted, part of the reason Ghazan went down so quickly could and probably should be attributed to Mako catching him somewhat off guard (Ghazan was able to respond, but presumably not to the best of his ability), after which the brothers simply didn't give him a chance to recover. Even so, I think I still see Unalaq overwhelming Ghazan, assuming Unalaq doesn't give Ghazan a chance to gain momentum with his lava

R2: Similar to R1, except more in Unalaq's favor since he's got more feats now. Not all of them are particularly applicable in this environment, but his feat of smashing through Korra's boulder launch with water whips is nice and definitely helps against Ghazan

Ben10228

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ben10228

R1: Ghazan Stomps

R2: Unalaq Stomps

At first I thought Ghazan would stomp in both then I noticed there was a waterfall in the Crystal Catacombs and then I also noticed that in Post-Fusion, Unalaq had those energy beams so he has no use for water (the no use for water part will make sense later in the comment). In R1 Ghazan is literally surrounded by earth that he can turn to lava. If Ghazan puts lava in the waterfall the water will be evaporated and turned into a gas (this is not minecraft, water doesn't turn into obsidian) now Unalaq barely has any water except one skin and that won't do much. If you think that water can still flow in, you would be right but Ghazan could stop the flow with earth bending (normal earth bending). So Unalaq doesn't have much water so Ghazan will stomp. This fight could go another way. If Ghazan doesn't stop the flow of the water and put lava in the water then Unalaq does well and Ghazan may rage quit and turn all that Earth around him to lava and make it kill both of them and Unalaq can't get away like Mako and Bolin did because he can't earth bend and he can't go through the waterfall because lava will probably get into it while everything is being melted and this could happen in R2 if Ghazan is able to survive for just a little bit then he notices he will lose then rage quits and the energy beams aren't an instant kill since Korra didn't die from it and you may say that Korra was in the avatar state but the avatar state doesn't make you invincible as Aang went into the avatar state, got hit by lightning and died but he was brought back to life by Katara. In R2 Unalaq doesn't need water and keeps firing energy beams at Ghazan until he dies. So in R1 it's ever Ghazan wins or they both die and in R2 it's ever Unalaq wins or they both die.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

Ghazan wins R1 high dick

Can't lie, I didn't know this was a particularly important factor in bending battles.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

Ghazan wins R1 high dick

Can't lie, I didn't know this was a particularly important factor in bending battles.

I meant "high diff"

No Caption Provided

frijacks12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

ghazan both rounds

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By eslay03

@aystarr said:
@anthp2000 said:
@aystarr said:

Ghazan wins R1 high dick

I meant "high diff"

No Caption Provided

I’m frantically rolling on the floor laughing at how Aystarr’s post was clearly autocorrected, and how that goes to show just how often they must use the word “dick” on their mobile device!

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with the general consensus here:

Unalaq both rounds, although, round 1 isn’t easy.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Unalaq stomp harder here than in Round 2..

Futureisbest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Futureisbest

@haikyuu444: Unalaq stomps, I knew you were going to bump this seeing your comments on the villain power ranking

nevesytneves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nevesytneves  Online

@haikyuu444: You know, there's a reason that I asked to be exempt from versus battles specifically on Aystarr's tag lists. At first I didn't mind getting mentioned enough to complain, but if you're literally going to do this 2-3 times a day, can you kindly remove my name so I don't have to deal with the irritation of it?

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unalaq’s style counters Ghazan well.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

Why... am I still surprised to read your posts...

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

Why... am I still surprised to read your posts...

Good question. Look inside yourself and you probably will find the answer.

OT: Unalaq would win round 1 and Round 2 a stomp.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 can go either way, though I'm leaning Ghazan. Unalaq has a skill advantage, while Ghazan has the power advantage. Gonna go with Ghazan because he just has more to work with in this environment.

Round 2 goes to Unalaq. Post-fusion etc.

ElissaS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 - Ghazan

Round 2 - Unalaq

Avatar image for deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374
deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374
deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haikyuu444: You know, there's a reason that I asked to be exempt from versus battles specifically on Aystarr's tag lists. At first I didn't mind getting mentioned enough to complain, but if you're literally going to do this 2-3 times a day, can you kindly remove my name so I don't have to deal with the irritation of it?

sry, ofc i'll remove u.