Ultimate Spider-Man vs. Captain America

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Super-Buster

Ultimate Spider-Man is significantly weaker and less experienced than his 616 counterpart but he is still superhuman, can Cap use his tactical brilliance and experience to overcome Spidey's powers?

Avatar image for blue_lantern_2814
Blue Lantern 2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Blue Lantern 2814

Are you forgetting that Cap has powers of his own? Ultimate and 616 Cap are better than 616 Spider-Man, so I'd say that Ultimate Spidey doesn't stand a chance.

Kraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Kraven

This is a curb stomp. Marvel U Spidey is stronger and more experienced than Ultimate Spidey and he still gets owned by Cap.

Cap is one of, if not the best fighter in Marvel. Spidey's strength is not enough of an advantage.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sling Shot

Unbelonger says:

"I have always thought that Captain america beting spiderman was what you guys call "jobbing". Oh, i still think it is. zzzzzzzzzzzzz"

I like the way you think.

Unbelonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Unbelonger

I have always thought that Captain america beting spiderman was what you guys call "jobbing". Oh, i still think it is.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Unbelonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Unbelonger

I just think Captain America is among hte most illogically written characters, when it comes to fights he's able to knock out the Hulk. What is that? Yeah, his shield is extremelly durable but if under the shield which is being punched by hulk is a guy Who is nothing more then peak human, he will be pucnhed down throught the ground leaving a extremelly durable shield as a tombstone.

And well, Spiderman wins(not sure about the ultimate version), he wins as long as he stops stupidly thinking that Cap America is so great and letting him beat him< thanks to the writters by the way.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Super-Buster

Blue Lantern 2814 says:

"Are you forgetting that Cap has powers of his own? Ultimate and 616 Cap are better than 616 Spider-Man, so I'd say that Ultimate Spidey doesn't stand a chance."

No I didn't forget, but Cap is merely peak human while Spidey is superhuman, so I thought it was fair to say what I said. In any case, Spidey outclasses Cap in everything except tactics, experience, and fighting skill, and I know that the writers tend to let Cap win, but my question is who do WE think will win, realistically.

Kraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kraven

Unbelonger says:

"I just think Captain America is among hte most illogically written characters, when it comes to fights he's able to knock out the Hulk. What is that? Yeah, his shield is extremelly durable but if under the shield which is being punched by hulk is a guy Who is nothing more then peak human, he will be pucnhed down throught the ground leaving a extremelly durable shield as a tombstone.And well, Spiderman wins(not sure about the ultimate version), he wins as long as he stops stupidly thinking that Cap America is so great and letting him beat him< thanks to the writters by the way.zzzzzzzzzzzz "

Cap wins against Spidey because he is a brilliant tactician with a lot of battle experience and an expert martial artist.

BUT, your point about Cap is well taken. I'm not sure which incarnation of the Hulk Cap supposedly knocked out but that is ridiculous. I agree that Cap is overrated. He is made to be invincible, like he's the Batman of Marvel. I'm glad he's dead because now the 'peak human' characters of Marvel are on a more level playing field.

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post Deleted.

ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colt Python says:

"ulitmateninjagaidenx says:
"captain america wins......tumbs up soldier."
what are tumbs? Wait aren't they those things that help indegestion?"

lol sorry i mean thumbs up soldier

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gottheit

Final Justice!

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Super-Buster

lol, I remember that game.

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Super-Buster

I think I'm leaning toward Cap as well, ultimate spidey has had trouble taking down human leveled people before (Elektra thoroughly kicked his @ss twice), and Steve is apparently the pinnacle of human achievement so he should be able to spank the spider. However, I can't stop thinking that Spidey will just glob Cap with web.

Metal Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Metal Wolf

this battle has always intrigued me. Spider-Man's awe of the hero, coupled with his own insecurities are his downfall. On paper, it looks like a clean win for Spidey, but Cap walks away the victor. Sure Spidey's speed and agility can keep him moving and away from Cap's powerful blows, but to win this battle Spider-Man has to come in close and some point, and when he does Cap will show him why he's the best close-quarters fighter in the Marvel Universe.
Post Edited:2008-01-24 19:04:40
Post Edited:2008-01-24 19:05:15

ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super-Buster says:

"lol, I remember that game. "

yeah me too marvel superheroes, marvel superheroes vs street fighter, marvel vs capcom and marvel vs capcom 2 but damn they are very hard to find.

Avatar image for legendary_bio_vishanti
Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America wins.

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Super-Buster

ulitmateninjagaidenx says:

"Super-Buster says:
"lol, I remember that game. "

yeah me too marvel superheroes, marvel superheroes vs street fighter, marvel vs capcom and marvel vs capcom 2 but damn they are very hard to find."

In my opinion, they were the most fun 2-D fighting games ever, not to mention that they had my favorite dudes duking it out, I usually used Ryu/Ken/Akuma, and Spider-Man, you?

Well, in any case, I think a glob of web could end this fight, but Cap might do something like throw his shield off the bat as a distraction, clock Spidey while he's preoccupied, and then finish him while he's recovering, its hard to say what would happen.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.
Ultimate Cap for now.

devinwifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Ultimate Cap for now.

Its 616 Cap, not Ultimate Cap.

Anyway 1610 Peter FTW.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Web Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web Spam

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WarBlade539 said:

Bump.

Ultimate Cap for now.

Anyway 1610 Peter FTW.

My apologies.
This is a much closer fight now.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz said:

@WarBlade539 said:

Bump.

Ultimate Cap for now.

Anyway 1610 Peter FTW.

My apologies.

This is a much closer fight now.

Yeah Ultimate Cap would be too much.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Web Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web SpamWeb Spam Web Spam Web Spam Web Spam

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ult Pete wasn't tactical by any measure. Web spam may win it for him, but I'd put my money on Cap in this one.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ult Pete wasn't tactical by any measure. Web spam may win it for him, but I'd put my money on Cap in this one.

Meh. Smart enough to beat Venom, Carnage, Electro, Sandman, The Spot, and Doc Ock more than once :) He showed some good smarts win it matters to fight foes with unique weaknesses or powers.

But yeah, he is not leading a army or covert team in battle lol.

RolandAlderas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 44

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SinnTek1

@kraven said:

This is a curb stomp. Marvel U Spidey is stronger and more experienced than Ultimate Spidey and he still gets owned by Cap.

Cap is one of, if not the best fighter in Marvel. Spidey's strength is not enough of an advantage.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I can see it go either way.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sinntek1 said:

@kraven said:

They are two options

@super_soldierxii tired of my trolling, returns the favor using alts.

You are talking misinformed bullsh!t.

Spider-Man doesn't get owned by Cap. Not even close. If anybody gets wrecked, its Steve.

And Cap is not the best fighter in Marvel. They are several other people who are clearly better than he is.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@laflux said:

Spider-Man doesn't get owned by Cap. Not even close. If anybody gets wrecked, its Steve.

And Cap is not the best fighter in Marvel. They are several other people who are clearly better than he is.

Preach it!

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@sinntek1 said:

@kraven said:

They are two options

Cute.

I don't "do" alts.

As for this fight ... I care not.

Spider-Man is borderline. Ultimate Parker is simply not worth the trouble.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@sinntek1 said:

@kraven said:

They are two options

Cute.

I don't "do" alts.

I was talking more about 616 Peter. Ultimate Parker is fight I don't think Steve will win against, but he'll certainly do alot better against

Also....you k now you want too :P

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@laflux said:

@super_soldierxii said:

@laflux said:

@sinntek1 said:

@kraven said:

They are two options

Cute.

I don't "do" alts.

I was talking more about 616 Peter. Ultimate Parker is fight I don't think Steve will win against, but he'll certainly do alot better against

Also....you k now you want too :P

Steve Rogers is grossly underrated on the Vine.

Conversely, Spider-Man is HUGELY popular and most fans lack objectivity, or are aware of different characters', like Steve's, overall feats. Even were one to avoid the obvious fact that Ultimate Spider-Man is far from "ultimate".

I find a phenomenon on the Vine ... Spider-Man actually has dozens, upon dozens (upon dozens), of low end, almost humiliating feats. And yet, they almost never circulate on CV (not nearly to the extent someone like, say, Wolverine's do). Curious. Wonder why that is (read: sarcasm).

That is all.

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tparks  Online

@laflux said:

@sinntek1 said:

@kraven said:

They are two options

This /\

Cap is vastly over-rated in skill on comicvine. 99 out of 100 feats, he just punches people, but that 1 time he does something with some martial arts skill, it gets posted a thousand times, and his other 99 feats are completely ignored. Not the the other 99 are necessarily bad, there hardly ever bad actually, they're usually just nothing to write home about is all.

Don't get me wrong, Cap has skill, but his feats are not anywhere near the level he's implied to be IMO.

Avatar image for spiderfan130666
SpiderFan130666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SpiderFan130666

I should just mention, that Ultimate Cap is stronger than regular Cap (can lift close to 4 tons) but is not nearly as good a fighter. Ultimate Spidey would win because he is stronger and faster and can beat enemies much stronger than him like Venom and Osborn (who is like the Hulk in Ultimate)

Even with a bullet wound, he still held his own against the Sinister Six and was able to lift and smash a van over Osborn's head not once but twice.