Ultimate Harry Potter vs Middle Earth Team Battle

• 111 results
Posted by lastnickleft (40 posts) 3 years, 8 months ago

Poll: Ultimate Harry Potter vs Middle Earth Team Battle (39 votes)

Harry Potter Team 38%
Middle Earth Team 62%

So, it has come to this. The final brawl between this two famous fantasy sagas. It will be a team battle and the scenario will be the ruins of Athens's parthenon. Each team has no knowledge of the other's team members and skills, but will have 2 minutes to talk in order to prepare actions. Every team starts at opposite sides of the ruins.

Which team will emerge victorious as the supreme fantasy saga? Who takes down whom
and how? Who survives?

Harry Potter Team

• Albus Dumbledore
  • Alastor Moody
  • Harry Potter
  • Severus Snape
  • Lord Voldemort

Middle Earth Team

• Galadriel
  • Gandalf The Grey
  • Saruman The White
  • Thranduil The Elvenking
  • The Witch-King of Angmar

------

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#101 Posted by RandomSid82 (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

@randomsid said:
@valarmelkor said:
@randomsid said:
@valarmelkor said:
@randomsid said:
@anderpander said:

@randomsid: So? They can still 'die' by and are threatened by normal means, right? Even if they aren't literally destroyed for good by a killing curse it should still be enough to win the fight.

Nope, they actually don't die by normal means. It took the Balrog(also a functionally immortal being) to actually "kill" Gandalf and he still came back as Gandalf the White. It took Gandalf the White to take down Saruman. The killing curse that can't even destroy a rock is not going to work on them.

Actually Voldemort's Killing Curse destroyed a big part of James and Lilly's house so it does have some destructive power.

And yet it bounces off a rock. And the battle that "killed" Gandalf destroyed the side of a mountain, much more destruction and he still came back as Gandalf the White.

When did it bounce off a rock again? And yeah, Tolkien's Wizards definitely outclass the Harry Potter Wizards in raw power, i'm not disputing that.

I'm not sure if it did in the books, been a long time since I've read them, but I know it did in the movies, just can't remember which one because again, it's been a long time since I've seen them. I have them all but it would take a long time to find the right scene.

Yeah I don't think that scene was in the books. Anyway, my point is that the Killing Curse doesn't really have significant destructive power, Wall to Building level at best when used by a top tier HP Wizard like Voldemort and probably a lot less when used by weaker characters but that isn't the point of the curse anyway, it just kills whatever living being it touches, so I do think it will kill Gandalf if Voldemort can tag him with it, the only question is if he'll just come back again stronger.

I honestly don't think it would kill Gandalf. It failed to kill Harry as well. And yes, I know there was context behind it, but the fact is, it still failed and Gandalf is massively more powerful than any wizard in Harry Potter.

#102 Edited by ValarMelkor (5165 posts) - - Show Bio

@valarmelkor said:
@randomsid said:
@valarmelkor said:
@randomsid said:
@valarmelkor said:
@randomsid said:
@anderpander said:

@randomsid: So? They can still 'die' by and are threatened by normal means, right? Even if they aren't literally destroyed for good by a killing curse it should still be enough to win the fight.

Nope, they actually don't die by normal means. It took the Balrog(also a functionally immortal being) to actually "kill" Gandalf and he still came back as Gandalf the White. It took Gandalf the White to take down Saruman. The killing curse that can't even destroy a rock is not going to work on them.

Actually Voldemort's Killing Curse destroyed a big part of James and Lilly's house so it does have some destructive power.

And yet it bounces off a rock. And the battle that "killed" Gandalf destroyed the side of a mountain, much more destruction and he still came back as Gandalf the White.

When did it bounce off a rock again? And yeah, Tolkien's Wizards definitely outclass the Harry Potter Wizards in raw power, i'm not disputing that.

I'm not sure if it did in the books, been a long time since I've read them, but I know it did in the movies, just can't remember which one because again, it's been a long time since I've seen them. I have them all but it would take a long time to find the right scene.

Yeah I don't think that scene was in the books. Anyway, my point is that the Killing Curse doesn't really have significant destructive power, Wall to Building level at best when used by a top tier HP Wizard like Voldemort and probably a lot less when used by weaker characters but that isn't the point of the curse anyway, it just kills whatever living being it touches, so I do think it will kill Gandalf if Voldemort can tag him with it, the only question is if he'll just come back again stronger.

I honestly don't think it would kill Gandalf. It failed to kill Harry as well. And yes, I know there was context behind it, but the fact is, it still failed and Gandalf is massively more powerful than any wizard in Harry Potter.

But Harry survived only due to an ancient and special magic which only exists in his verse. It has nothing to do with power. Dumbledore was massively more powerful than anyone else in the series except Voldemort but he still died to a Killing Curse from Snape.

#103 Posted by RandomSid82 (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

@randomsid said:
@valarmelkor said:
@randomsid said:
@valarmelkor said:
@randomsid said:
@valarmelkor said:
@randomsid said:
@anderpander said:

But Harry survived only due to an ancient and special magic which only exists in his verse. It has nothing to do with power. Dumbledore was massively more powerful than anyone else in the series except Voldemort but he still died to a Killing Curse from Snape.

He did nothing to try and stop it either. Dumbledore was willing to die and even wanted to at that point. And the fact remains that it didn't kill Harry. You say it was because of an ancient magic and that is true but saying it has nothing to do with power is merely an opinion. All magic has to do with power.

#104 Posted by lastnickleft (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@valarmelkor: It would not really matter if some wizards are "sent" back, for that kind of purpose I think that we should consider it a death, that's why I think that the killing curse might work, only killin the body and, od cours,e having no effect on the immortal maia spirit, it would be like deincarnating them. Regarding if only Voldemort would use them I don't necessarily think so. In a death battle all the wizards capable of could use even the unforgivable curses, and that could include all of them even Harry, whom we've already seen using the cruciatus curse (another very powerful combat tool), and remember Molly Weasly using the Avada Kedavra when the situation demanded it.
I really think that Middle Earth wins most, if not all the times, but it would be a very interesting fight and not necessarily a stomp always.

#105 Posted by ValarMelkor (5165 posts) - - Show Bio

@valarmelkor: It would not really matter if some wizards are "sent" back, for that kind of purpose I think that we should consider it a death, that's why I think that the killing curse might work, only killin the body and, od cours,e having no effect on the immortal maia spirit, it would be like deincarnating them. Regarding if only Voldemort would use them I don't necessarily think so. In a death battle all the wizards capable of could use even the unforgivable curses, and that could include all of them even Harry, whom we've already seen using the cruciatus curse (another very powerful combat tool), and remember Molly Weasly using the Avada Kedavra when the situation demanded it.

I really think that Middle Earth wins most, if not all the times, but it would be a very interesting fight and not necessarily a stomp always.

Yeah I agree that Middle Earth definitely wins most times if not all times (I especially see no way for the Harry Potter team to beat the Witch King), but I do think Harry Potter Wizards are being a bit underestimated. Also I wonder if the Imperius Curse could factor into this. Voldemort also has some decent speed feats.

#106 Posted by lastnickleft (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@valarmelkor: I've always seen the imperius as working if the wizard that executes it is more powerful than the objective, in magic abilities or will power. I see it not really working not due intrinsic impossibility, but because each and every member of Middle Earth team as a really solid mind and willpower.
Regarding Witch-King, I think that it's quite likely that Avada Kedavra won't work, but at least Voldemort and Dumbledore has quite powerful elemental and stunning magic that could destroy his physical manifestation at the moment, and count as a kill, just as the Bruinen's ford episode in FOTR.
To keep going, I think that the Avada Kedavra is a really powerful spell, but the issue of HP spells is that they appear to be able to be blocked by normal guys, and even teenagers...now, consider people as swift as the Istari and Thranduil and it could have no real effect on the battle... depending on the circumstances of the encounter on the ruins.

#107 Posted by lastnickleft (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@valarmelkor: I can also see the Patronus charm worknig on the Witch-King if it is casted bya powerful wnough wizard, as well as any other means of defense against the dark arts. The Witch-King is a dark creature, aun undead, so I think that spells like the patronus could have the same effect on him as the effect that the light of the spirit of the elven lord Glorfindel had in the book, making nazgul fly away. Nazgul and dementors are creature which base most of his power on fear, so, I see patronus working. The real deal with the WK is that he is a tank in melee fighting, even in his verse, so I n close quartes he could be the MVP, as well as Thranduil.

#108 Edited by cpt_nice (10082 posts) - - Show Bio

@valarmelkor said:
@randomsid said:
@anderpander said:

That is the movies being dumb again. The curse has no destructive power canonically. It will literally just bounce of objects.\

It is literally just a 'if it hits something that lives, it dies' spell. The argument for it not working on Gandalf rests in that he is basically immortal, he does not die of old age, he could only die by being slashed by a sword or something. As AK does nothing in the way of damage (people's bodies are not hurt at all), AK could just be something that only works on people and animals with hearts, or who can die of old age.

#109 Edited by Tchoob (57 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't see how the LOTR characters would win. First Avada kedavra would work on every one except of the witchking. Gandalfs and Saruman feel everything like a normal man they are like Voldemort: You can destroy ther human bodies but they can come back but that would cost too much time and so the HP characters would win. Second not only Dumbledore and Voldemort are powerfull, snape and Moody are powerful too, not as powerful than the great 3 but powerful. Sectumsempra is a very useful curse, because it's instant and you can't heal it (thats a selfmade curse of Snape). Transfiguration is very useful too for example: Minerva Mcgonagall used nearly only transfiguration spells in the fight against Snape and Dumbledore is more powerful in transfiguration than Minerva. 3. Dumbledore and Voldemort can destroy cities like London and Paris easily, Grindelwald nearly destroyed whole paris without effort and Dumbledore casted fog all around London easily. Also Credence Barebone destroyed a big part of a mountain with one spell. 4. Wandless and Nonverbal magic is very powerful too: Voldemort casted the fiendfyre curse nonverbal and wandless, dumbledore set a fire in a gardrobe without even looking at it and wandless and nonverbal, even normal skilled Wizard's like Lupin can use wandless magic, he set blue flames in his hand. And at last there are not only the three unforgivable curse, protego, fiendfyre and expelliarmus there are much more curses, jinxes, hax, charms, transfiguration spells and so on. Elemental spells are no problem for every one in team HP. And when they need a new spell they can literally create a new one, even Gilderoy Lockhart created a spell. So I'm sure that the HP team would win without effort 10/10 because the are much more versatile and they are more powerful.

#110 Posted by Richard96 (5853 posts) - - Show Bio

What’s Harry doing Harry here?

Avatar image for theonewhoknocks
#111 Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks (472 posts) - - Show Bio

I see no reason Avada Kedavra would work on Gandalf or Saruman, Maiar AKA demigods, when in verse the killing curse isn't effective against giants, dragons and the like. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the magic demigods are more magic resistant than them. I think LOTR team wins in a random encounter because Harry is a non-factor and only Dumbledore and Voldemort can match the LOTR wizards in pure destructive power.

#112 Posted by LogicLancer (842 posts) - - Show Bio

I see no reason Avada Kedavra would work on Gandalf or Saruman, Maiar AKA demigods, when in verse the killing curse isn't effective against giants, dragons and the like. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the magic demigods are more magic resistant than them. I think LOTR team wins in a random encounter because Harry is a non-factor and only Dumbledore and Voldemort can match the LOTR wizards in pure destructive power.

Doesn't Harry literally become the strongest wizard via elder wand which makes him invincible on-guard?

Avatar image for theonewhoknocks
#113 Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks (472 posts) - - Show Bio

@logiclancer: The elder wand is rather overrated imo. Contrary to the claim that it makes it's owner the most powerful wizard or "invincible" as you put it, it has been won in fair duels before, such as Dumbledore vs Grindelwald. In the hands of a powerful wizard like Voldemort or Dumbledore it is quite a formidable tool, but Harry hasn't shown that he has the mastery or creativity to bring out it's full potential.

#114 Posted by LogicLancer (842 posts) - - Show Bio
#115 Edited by Tchoob (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Harry Potter team stomps, they can do everything the lotr characters can do and lot of more. Powerful Wizards can literally move whole mountains, create big storms and cyclones also they can create big fire demons, animate a whole forest and summon shooting stars. That were only a few powerful spells, but there is lot of more. The Wizards from Harry Potter are too versatile for the Lotr wizards. Also the HP Wizards can create their own spells.

https://youtu.be/Knzaym5r6vk

https://youtu.be/EV4HAN44104

https://youtu.be/ZSxaDvxP_U8

https://youtu.be/_oWVI4akZYo

https://youtu.be/hFs2sDGpZ50

https://youtu.be/PuYr8QFfzKE

https://youtu.be/nmZmkz5VDQA

https://youtu.be/Qnsjtd4981c

https://youtu.be/3bPDZcWMMYA

https://youtu.be/URbvT_pkAjI

https://youtu.be/0gdJV1DafSA

https://youtu.be/6GPS8Xe8wIU

https://youtu.be/Dkxx0pKgkN4

https://youtu.be/UZzlnIuYfMk

https://youtu.be/Ipwd4thhzjM

https://youtu.be/Q9I5tlU4Kuo

That were a few feats from the movies and I think only these feats prove that the team Harry Potter wins 10/10!