• 108 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5a20a68641bc7
deactivated-5a20a68641bc7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Both Ulic Qel-Droma and Count Dooku served the Jedi Order before falling to the dark side under the influence of Exar Kun and Darth Sidious respectively. In a clash between these two great warriors, who emerges victorious?

• Ulic Qel-Droma is in his Sith prime, with all Tales of the Jedi feats applying.
  • Count Dooku is as he appears in Revenge of the Sith with all previous Legends and canon feats applying.
  • They start at a 20m distance at the base of the Great Temple on Yavin IV.
  • They fight in character.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I think I may have cropped out the watermark on the Dooku image, and so here's where I found it.

Rules

• Seen as though the pre Disney acquisition LFL hierarchy system (G canon, C canon etc) was phased out as early as 2012 (per Leland Chee), it will not apply here. Therefore, G canon will not have supremacy. Although Lucas is still a filmmaker so his WoG can apply when it pertains to his own films, but not the wider verse
  • In Legends, sources can be weighed equally but given that CV is a feats oriented website, it can be assumed that people will debate on who has the better feats. That said, scaling chains, in universe logic/intent and accolades can still counter balance
  • In case it isn't obvious, content such as lego SW, alternate endings/DLC, crossovers with other universes etc aren't allowed

slayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Droma, tbh.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ulic wins, yeah. Good fight, though.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Droma

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, this Ulic support warms my heart.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. Either way IMO.

Emperor339

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku

Slayedigneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ulic.

Emperor339

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When did opinions of Ulic suddenly skyrocket?

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@discipulus: Unfortunately dooku doesn't get the malachor scaling vader or his peers/near equals get. Still he's almost certainly more skilled though I don't know about power

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Tyranus can handle Ulic's strength and would win in a lightsaber duel by virtue of superior duelling credentials (feats or accolades). Ulic is probably more powerful but not to a game-changing extent, I don't think, especially if Dooku's Lightning can't be easily repelled by Yoda. Certainly not on the basis of feats. I also don't believe Ulic makes much use of the Force in duels? If so, then Dooku should be able to claim a solid 7-8/10, in challenging, well-contested fights.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyranus can handle Ulic's strength and would win in a lightsaber duel by virtue of superior duelling credentials (feats or accolades). Ulic is probably more powerful but not to a game-changing extent, I don't think, especially if Dooku's Lightning can't be easily repelled by Yoda. Certainly not on the basis of feats. I also don't believe Ulic makes much use of the Force in duels? If so, then Dooku should be able to claim a solid 7-8/10, in challenging, well-contested fights.

Didn't dark rendevous retcon that?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: Labyrinth of Evil did, not Dark Rendezvous, but that was from Dooku's perspective, and the AotC novel is from Yoda's perspective. There's no objective source in Legends that passes clear judgement on the matter (that only happens in Canon), so we have to try and reconcile the two sources ourselves. It's possible that it was "far from easily" but still wasn't straining, and thus Yoda's composed nature and lack of evident strain would make it appear easy to Dooku. I know that's only a possibility and not outright fact, which is why I said "especially if" in my earlier post. The other argument would be that LoE comes after AotC and outright retcons it, assuming you can argue that Dooku's opinion is infallible.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: thats possible, though that sort of relatyove parity is dubious given sids ability to ragdoll dooku holographically

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShootingNova

@kbroskywalker: True, though there are ways around that (ie. Dooku being caught off-guard) and you agreed with me earlier that TCW was a significant authorial departure from the rest of the EU of the Clone Wars, so that could explain why.

In that case, I'd have to drop Sidious choking Dooku holographically in the other thread, but that's fine since he still choked Maul holographically prior to TPM and still managed to pin Maul and Savage to a wall casually.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kbroskywalker

@shootingnova said:

@kbroskywalker: True, though there are ways around that (ie. Dooku being caught off-guard) and you agreed with me earlier that TCW was a significant authorial departure from the rest of the EU of the Clone Wars, so that could explain why.

In that case, I'd have to drop Sidious choking Dooku holographically in the other thread, but that's fine since he still choked Maul holographically prior to TPM and still managed to pin Maul and Savage to a wall casually.

TCW being different from other sources doesn't mean all that much when we're talking about a direct comaprison between two characters in tcw itself rather than a comparison of a tcw showing and an outside tcw showing.

Powerscaling isn;t limited to specific sources

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
bowlt_swagg_320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Dooku

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Dooku.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ShootingNova

@kbroskywalker: Which is why Sidious choking Dooku in TCW isn't relevant to Dooku challenging Yoda outside of TCW. So again, there's nothing dubious with the prospect of Yoda only being able to repel Tyranus' Lightning "far from easily". Your only contradictory example was from TCW, which is why I brought that up.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku. Close fight though.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: Which is why Sidious choking Dooku in TCW isn't relevant to Dooku challenging Yoda outside of TCW. So again, there's nothing wrong with the prospect of Yoda only being able to repel Tyranus' Lightning "far from easily".

But scaling isn't limited to the source which it appears in. If yoda gets scaling from sidious due to rots, he has to get that same scaling from sidious in tcw. Aditionally, tcw does get more weight as both a later source and off course as canon.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: This is a Legends fight, so it doesn't matter what's canon. You can argue that TCW retcons it indirectly; I'm basically saying that we should keep TCW and pre-TCW material different because they're so different (and because, let's face it, they're almost separate continuities).

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kbroskywalker

@shootingnova said:

@kbroskywalker: This is a Legends fight, so it doesn't matter what's canon. You can argue that TCW retcons it indirectly; I'm basically saying that we should keep TCW and pre-TCW material different because they're so different (and because, let's face it, they're almost separate continuities).

The op says both legends and canon feats apply though. Not that i disagree with that approach

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: Fair. Although Dooku getting choked by Sidious isn't really a "feat" for him. :)

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: Fair. Although Dooku getting choked by Sidious isn't really a "feat" for him. :)

True.

Getting killed by a smuggler's worse though

Kurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I see this playing out like Dooku vs late TCW Anakin. If Dooku wins, it'll be by the skin of his teeth after employing his superior force abilities.

SithRevenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ulic as a Jedi was outskilling masters of the Force with the combined combative knowledge and mastery of the likes of Freedon Nadd and King Adas, in Warb Null; dodging the Force waves of King Ommin, and also tanking light turbolasers with his palm. As well as doing all of this on an unnaturally powerful dark side nexus.

Sith Ulic is far more powerful than that and therefore I can imagine him being above Dooku considerably.

Slayedigneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Slayedigneel

Ulic, he is pretty much on par with Exar kun.

Jirou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku in a decent one.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku with effort but little actual difficulty.

AnonymousJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku in a good fight

RhoyneDelta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku 5,5-6/10, due to Ulic having a form and youth advantage, as well as a great saber defense as demonstrated against Sylvar without use of the force, still Dooku's mountain of accolades, feats and scaling makes him more impressive

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ulic is superior in the force and in terms of dueling, and he has a style advantage

Ulic 7/10

Avatar image for deactivated-61be3a6348c41
deactivated-61be3a6348c41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku, though he's not stomping.

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-61be3a6348c41
deactivated-61be3a6348c41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthor: Better force feats and scaling. Better accolades in saber combat

Will elaborate more so for Dooku's power in my CaV Opener for Dooku against Magneto

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthor: Better force feats and scaling. Better accolades in saber combat

What has he got of note above Ulic. FYI, Ulic directly scales above Yalvin Exar Kun who can use the force to manipulate a 215 meters long ship, a feat directly above the cruiser feat of Dooku. Also, how is Dooku going to respond to the form disadvantage

Will elaborate more so for Dooku's power in my CaV Opener for Dooku against Magneto

Cool. I will be waiting. Please tag me there

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uhu123 said:

Dooku, and it's not that close.

reasons?

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthor:

reasons

Dooku has far superior scaling force wise and is a better duelist overall, per superior feats and accolades.

examples of these scalings? Because Ulic has:
Prime Ulic >> Citadel Ulic = Citadel Kun > Yalvin IV Kun who can manipulate a 215 meters ship, one that easily rivals the cruiser feat of Dooku

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthor:

Prime Ulic >> Citadel Ulic = Citadel Kun > Yalvin IV Kun who can manipulate a 215 meters ship, one that easily rivals the cruiser feat of Dooku

Dooku scales far more from his hurling cruiser's feat. And Dooku's titanic scaling above Ritual Bane who could surface wipe entire planets with a firestorm is far above any feat Ulic has.

The Cruiser feat happened in TCW, and there isn't like a huge gap between ROTS Dooku and TCW Dooku

And Bane feat is arguably not included in the Ro2 quote, as multiple times later he was shown to not have planetary abilities. The ritual amp is nothing but an outlier

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthor:

The Cruiser feat happened in TCW, and there isn't like a huge gap between ROTS Dooku and TCW Dooku

Jedi Quest, The Final Showdown takes place before AOTC.

I have never read the book, but I wasn't aware of engagements between Dooku and the Jedi order before AOTC

And Bane feat is arguably not included in the Ro2 quote, as multiple times later he was shown to not have planetary abilities. The ritual amp is nothing but an outlier

When was Bane not shown to be planetary powerful? Even Base PoD Bane was stated to be more powerful than the power used to destroy Ambria

What? His charged blast which Lord Kas'im blocked barely destroyed a temple, and he fainted from exhaustion immediately afterwards. He had also used charged blasts countless time in Ro2 and DoE and the best he did is burning some NFU to ash