Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No morals

Battle is in New York City (post coronavirus)

Both combatants have 24 hours to study their opponent

Taskmaster is in his UDON gear and is not taking X lightly, X is also serious about taking out Tony.

Win by KO, death or incapacitation

FIGHT!

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Either one of them jobs, or X wins. Again.

(that being said, how would X deal with Tony if he went at double speed? Hmm)

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

X already embarrassed Taskmaster IIRC

WargodCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Taskmaster should win this time. Even if Mr. X can read his mind. It won't help him against Taskmaster's double time speed.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo-: that wasn’t UDON. Not sure how much of a difference it makes but on the forums it seems to be a pretty heavy differentiator

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vertigo-

@supermanwithatan01: They're the same character, and I don't think double time makes a difference at all. At best it lasts a few seconds. Regardless, the best thing it let him do speed wise is catch a bullet. X's feat of deflecting automatic gunfire from Black Widow takes a dump on that. In terms of the whole "being able to read his mind argument", X was able to read Deadpool's mind no issue, and Deadpool quite literally has multiple voices in his head. The natural counter would be Cho's mind, but lets not pretend that Taskmasters double time can compare to Amadeus Cho's hypermind, not that double time was ever stated to speed up Taskmasters thoughts to begin with

X takes a dump on him just like he did last time they went head to head

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo-: hey that’s a fair assessment. I think it’s closer personally but I like the breakdown

WargodCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo- said:

@supermanwithatan01: They're the same character, and I don't think double time makes a difference at all. At best it lasts a few seconds. Regardless, the best thing it let him do speed wise is catch a bullet. X's feat of deflecting automatic gunfire from Black Widow takes a dump on that. In terms of the whole "being able to read his mind argument", X was able to read Deadpool's mind no issue, and Deadpool quite literally has multiple voices in his head. The natural counter would be Cho's mind, but lets not pretend that Taskmasters double time can compare to Amadeus Cho's hypermind, not that double time was ever stated to speed up Taskmasters thoughts to begin with

X takes a dump on him just like he did last time they went head to head

reading taskmaster mind don't matter if X's body cant keep up with Taskmaster speed while using double time. When using double time Taskmaster whole body moves at twice the speed. Knowing what taskmaster gonna do won't help him because X don't have super speed to keep up with Taskmaster's body movements. Taskmaster ftw

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vertigo-

@wargodcalypso: Again, Taskmasters best speed feat while using double time was simply catching a handgun bullet. Mr X casually deflected entire clips of ammo from Black Widow in Thunderbolts 135 with a smile on his face. And once again, Taskmaster can only use double time for seconds, at most before his body breaks, as he himself stated. Mr X doesn't have such a limit. X is not only faster, but X can read Taskmasters mind like an open book.

WargodCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo- said:

@wargodcalypso: Again, Taskmasters best speed feat while using double time was simply catching a handgun bullet. Mr X casually deflected entire clips of ammo from Black Widow in Thunderbolts 135 with a smile on his face. And once again, Taskmaster can only use double time for seconds, at most before his body breaks, as he himself stated. Mr X doesn't have such a limit. X is not only faster, but X can read Taskmasters mind like an open book.

Deflecting a bullet isn't a better feat than actually seeing a bullet and catching it in mid air. A lot of street levelers have dodged or deflected bullets. Not many of them can actually say they caught the bullet in mid air. Even street levelers with super speed hasnt shown to do stuff like that very often. Taskmaster can actually use double time for several minutes....not seconds before his body give out on him. With that super speed from double time also comes more punching and kicking power as well because of how much faster they are. He couldn't do double time the first time he fought X. I can see double time making a big difference this time. I still see X losing this fight more often than not the way Taskmaster is now

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo-: @wargodcalypso: does Tony still have his UDON gear and abilities like double-time?

ReiTigerstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Taskmaster doubles his speed doesn't he risk injuring himself? If not then I would bet on him.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m not quite sure how it works

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo- said:

Deflecting a bullet isn't a better feat than actually seeing a bullet and catching it in mid air. A lot of street levelers have dodged or deflected bullets. Not many of them can actually say they caught the bullet in mid air.

X deflected clips....that's well over a dozen rounds he saw, processed, and deflected off his swords

No Caption Provided

Like, that feat takes a dump on simply catching one bullet. There's no debate there.

Even street levelers with super speed hasnt shown to do stuff like that very often. Taskmaster can actually use double time for several minutes....not seconds before his body give out on him.

Taskmaster himself says otherwise is Taskmaster vol 1 issue 4:

No Caption Provided

This instance is the only instance he's ever used Double Time. It's seconds at best.

With that super speed from double time also comes more punching and kicking power as well because of how much faster they are. He couldn't do double time the first time he fought X.

Double Time is something that first appeared, and hasn't appeared since that run, specifically that issue. That run came from 2002.

I can see double time making a big difference this time. I still see X losing this fight more often than not the way Taskmaster is now

You can say that, but you'd be wrong.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vertigo-

@reitigerstar said:

If Taskmaster doubles his speed doesn't he risk injuring himself? If not then I would bet on him.

He is. He outright says it

@supermanwithatan01 said:

@vertigo-: : does Tony still have his UDON gear and abilities like double-time?

No. To my knowledge, he hasn't used either since his 2002 mini

ReiTigerstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo-: With that and the images above, I change my mind then, X should win.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taskmaster.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo-: so he isn’t able to do the double time stuff anymore?

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo-: so he isn’t able to do the double time stuff anymore?

I'd imagine he could do it, but he hasn't done it in 18 years, so I'd never argue he'd do it in a fight. Taskmaster writers seem to largely ignore the UDON run from what I've read

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo-: lame. He seems like he’d be OP but I always see things about him “jobbing” or losing fighting’s because of bad writing. That being said I’ve heard that of Mr. X as well. Writers misinterpreting his abilities.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Udon doesn't really change anything. X is still faster nor does Tony have a counter to his TP.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo- said:

Deflecting a bullet isn't a better feat than actually seeing a bullet and catching it in mid air. A lot of street levelers have dodged or deflected bullets. Not many of them can actually say they caught the bullet in mid air. Even street levelers with super speed hasnt shown to do stuff like that very often. Taskmaster can actually use double time for several minutes....not seconds before his body give out on him. With that super speed from double time also comes more punching and kicking power as well because of how much faster they are. He couldn't do double time the first time he fought X. I can see double time making a big difference this time. I still see X losing this fight more often than not the way Taskmaster is now

What do you mean, “the way taskmaster is written now”?

just curious