Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Runner: Tulak Hord

No Caption Provided

The Rules

• Win by death.
  • All abilities allowed.
  • Everyone is going all-out.
  • Standard equipment and morals for all.
  • Everyone is in their prime unless stated otherwise.
  • Tulak is fully healed between each round.

Round 1: Obi-Wan Kenobi

No Caption Provided

Round 2: Maul

No Caption Provided

Round 3: Mace Windu

No Caption Provided

Round 4: Arcann

No Caption Provided

Round 5: Darth Vader

No Caption Provided

Round 6: Exar Kun

No Caption Provided

Respect Thread for Tulak Hord (credit to DarthAnt66): http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/darthant66/blog/tulak-hord-respect-thread/103379/

Discuss below and please try to give reasons!

Avatar image for jackofalltrades2
Jackofalltrades2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1-Stomps

2-Stomps

3-Loses

4-Loses

5-Either way if not slight edge to Vader

6-Loses handily

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hord is a bit too vague to place, but judging what we know of him, he might make it to Mace or Vader.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Doubt Arcann's above Mace. Hord probably stops at Mace, too.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Geistalt

Stops at 3, which SHOULD be above all the others; I haven't the slightest idea of how he fares against 5 and 6, but he probably (barely) outmatches 4 with his TK.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Done at Obi-Wan :)

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mace is above Arcann. Based on what we know of Hord, if his feats are really what they say they are( soloing armies of Jedi, and telekinetically ragdolling a Star Destroyer), then he could very well clear, otherwise, he stops at Arcann, who is before Mace.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Geistalt

@lordofthelight: Mace was strong enough to send Dooku packing. His Vaapad allowed him to at least hold his own against Palpatine (and I recently got the idea that even if Palpatine DID lose on purpose by throwing his lightsaber out the window, the strength Windu displayed during the duel could have very well been real). It was SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED to counter dark-side Force-users.

LoneWanderer23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LoneWanderer23

What do we even know about Tulak Hord besides rumors of other people ? Nothing but cheap talk and legends from Khem Val and few others, we really know nothing about him besides what other people said, and verbal - traditional stories are unreliable and of little significance, basically just unconfirmed legends based on nothing, like ''Woah he managed to crush the star ship in flight with the force''. Nice, but was it really truth, is it confirmed are there any proofs, and if there are, how can we know what was the size of that ship, what was the gravitational pool of location he was at, and all kinds of other circumstances that affected this feat of his. Basically he is featless, he is another Marka Ragnos whos reputation and power are only based trough stories, legends and possibly exaggeration and untruthful details that sweeten'd the story throughout generations. What if he is nothing but another Xedrix (SWTOR Revan novel).

So basically stops at ONE.

LoneWanderer23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LoneWanderer23

@jackofalltrades2 said:

1-Stomps

2-Stomps

3-Loses

4-Loses

5-Either way if not slight edge to Vader

6-Loses handily

Lol, how have you come to such strong and confident conclusion seeing how Tulak Hord is featless and all his power is based of some cheap stories and legends from Khem Val who was apparently infinitely loyal to him.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 6 if Avellone's word is take as valid. If not, the Lord of Hype stops anywhere from 1 to 6. He can't get past Exar because he's canonically the strongest of the Ancient Sith lineage.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats for Tulak?

And feats for Arcann and Exar would be cool, too, but i do know a bit about them already.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Geistalt

@azronger: Even if Tulak Hord IS "the greatest lightsaber duelist of the (pre-KotOR 2) Sith Lords," he stops at Mace. @silverrings: According to Khem, "On Yn, the Jedi had laid siege to an Imperial stronghold. Tulak Hord broke the siege single-handely! And then he pressed forward to Jedi-held Chabosh, leaving nothing but Jedi blood in his wake." It's confirmed in the SWTOR Encyclopedia that "One of Khem Val's proudest victories came during the Battle of Chabosh, where he fought by Tulak Hord's side to conquer an army of Jedi 1,000 strong."

He also apparently fought a Kaggath against Aloysius Kallig with minimal light, in the empty space in-between star systems at one of the edges of the galaxy, relying heavily (entirely?) on Force Sight: "A typical Kaggath is fought upon a single world, but some of the most historic clashes have encompassed several star systems. Sith Lord Tulak Hord's infamous crusade was fought beyond the furthest edge of the galaxy, where there are no stars or light."

And, assuming Khem wasn't lying, "The great Tulak Hord once pulled a ship this size (that of a 315-meter-long Hammerhead-class cruiser) from the sky."

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tulak Hord is probably somewhere around Vader's level of power and skill so he could stop anywhere from Mace to Kun.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Geistalt

@echostarlord117: It's still stupid to rank Mace beneath the latter 3 if they're facing a dark-sider.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loses every round

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hord clears

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Azronger

@geistalt: Except according to Kreia, Nihilus (the guy who drains planets and ragdolls fleets) is only rivalling some of the ancient Sith, and Chris Avellone, the creator of Kreia says her words are true. So he's not stopping at Mace if Avellone's words are taken as valid.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Geistalt

@azronger: But, since some people (myself included) beg to differ, they SHOULD be arranged in an order in which he can clear all of them EXCEPT Mace to reflect how he'd have the hardest time against him.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Azronger

@geistalt: Um, if you're not buying the hype then he's not beating anybody.

And Mace isn't above Exar.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Geistalt

@azronger: He is against a dark-sider (and, according to echostarlord117, whom I consider an overhyped Mace Windu fan, he can stomp False Emperor Malgus and Savage Opress simultaneously, in terms of both lightsaber skill and Force power: comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/darth-malgussavage-opress-vs-tcw-kenobiqui-gon-jin-1809500/).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well on one hand, there's no evidence Tulak killed 1,000 Jedi single handedly or bench pressed a star destroyer. On the other hand, Khem Val said it. And if we use a leg, Rivi-Anu lifted a heavier ship than Hord if he indeed even lift it, which is fun to think about.

Yep, Tulak stomps everyone. Clearly.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Geistalt

@i_like_swords said:

Well on one hand, there's no evidence Tulak killed 1,000 Jedi single handedly or bench pressed a star destroyer. On the other hand, Khem Val said it. And if we use a leg, Rivi-Anu lifted a heavier ship than Hord if he indeed even lift it, which is fun to think about.

I already verified it (with an authoritative source).

"One of Khem Val's proudest victories came during the Battle of Chabosh, where he fought by Tulak Hord's side to conquer an army of Jedi 1,000 strong." – Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia

Although he didn't do it alone; Khem helped him.

And he didn't bench-press it; he tore it out of the sky (according to Khem).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geistalt said:

I already verified it (with an authoritative source).

"One of Khem Val's proudest victories came during the Battle of Chabosh, where he fought by Tulak Hord's side to conquer an army of Jedi 1,000 strong." – Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia

SWTOR:E is an in-universe source. as per the first page, and all you've given me is a quote that Khem was with Hord at the time, not that they were without an army at their back.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geistalt: It doesn't say (unless you mean the real-life authors). It simply says the book is written entirely in-universe. It's written as follows:

"This encyclopedia expands on the already massive galaxy that is Star Wars: The Old Republic. Written entirely in-universe, this book uncovers secrets only hinted at in the game, divulges never-before-revealed traits and histories of major characters, and details the high-flying adventures and drastic stories that play out during the conflict between the Republic and Empire."

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Azronger

@geistalt: Windu being against a darksider doesn't mean he wins, lol. And using another person's opinion isn't a valid argument.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Geistalt

@azronger: Maybe not, but it does mean he's tougher than he would be otherwise (like, RotS-Sidious-level).

And it wasn't an argument. It was meant to protest the fact that no one else called him out for his opinion on Mace facing 2 fairly tough opponents simultaneously while several people call me out here (quite eagerly, I might add) for saying he'd give Hord a tougher challenge than Arcann.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geistalt: Mace isn't RotS Sidious-level when he's up against a darksider, lol. That was a circumstancial amp that worked only against Sidious.

The guy hasn't said anything even remotely implying that in this thread. And I never called you out; you called me out. You even linked a separate thread just to call out him out on an opinion completely irrelevant to this thread. If you have some beef with him, take it up with him, not me.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Geistalt

@azronger: The point is that he SHOULD be able to handle any weaker dark-side lightsaber duelist for certain (hell; Dooku's contingency plan for dealing with him was having droids distract him and running away). Even if he DIDN'T receive a similar amp against Tulak, what makes you think he'd fare worse than Arcann?

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Azronger

@geistalt: No, it doesn't do that all, unless you have evidence. And Dooku cheating with Magna Guards against Windu doesn't prove that, and here's why:

1. Dooku did so against Anakin as well, yet Dooku was still his clear superior.

2. Windu could've simply been better for an unknown reason. No reason to assume it was because of Vaapad and Dooku being a darksider, when there's absolutely no hinting at that.

The rest of your post is an attempt to strawman me. I never stated Hord would have an easier time with Windu than Arcann. The maker of the gauntlet clearly does, though. So once again, I direct you elsewhere.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Geistalt

@azronger: You meant "Palpatine being a dark-sider" (unless you didn't understand that I meant to refer back to his fight against Sidious – sorry for pestering you over that by beating that proverbial dead horse).

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geistalt Indeed. He is underrated as a sabers and force wielder. Also, the guy almost completely deflected a "surge of dark power" from Palpatine that would have flung him like a ragdoll out of the Chancellor' office, while he was distracted for an instant and still dueling him, don't know what was the contribution of Vaapad in that. We normally assume the fight was real since most of the narratives in Star Wars support the fact, and GL has stated it. I second the notion that Mace is second only to Yoda in the Jedi Order, and more powerful than Dooku, by quite a bit, though probably less skilled.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5be183e26f3e9
deactivated-5be183e26f3e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shouldn't Mace be above Arcann?

Foxdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Stomps but take awhile.

2. Wins but take awhile

3. Idk,even if his lightsaber combat is like Sidious it is. It's highly implied he's on par with Sidious and Yoda or better in lightsaber combat. So I may say he wins, but then again Vapaad most likely says he loses.

4. Rofl stomps, he's not even on Maul's level from what I seen.

5. May actually win against pre-retconned Vader. But new Retconned Vader, actually looks like the "80%" of Sidious we needed to see. Even as a amateur.. may win I'm uncertain. But a weaker clone Maul beat Pre Vader until he performed a unexpected suicide attack if we're going off those feats. Then Tulak wins for sure, he was stated to be more competent then Maul or many Sith Lords for that matter. He was a thinker aswell as a fighter.

6. I honestly think based on the legends on the source. Exar Kun loses handily to Tulak, most of Exar's best feats were based on amps from sith artifacts while Tulak Hordes was not. Pure unrestrained talent and raw power, Tulak Horde makes his powers look like amps. The same way that Vitiate only got so powerful by draining and constantly feeding off energy... while Sidious was on par with Vitiate through raw power alone. When Vitiate needed to absorb a whole planet of Sith Lords to get even remotely close to his power.

Sidious did everything Vitiate did without using steroids aka amps.

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxdie said:

It's highly implied he's on par with Sidious and Yoda or better in lightsaber combat.

No Caption Provided

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Azronger

Gets stomped at literally every single round.

Also, the order is crap.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gets "horded" at one.

Arcann being above Mace is cringe-worthy. This order is ridiculous.

xolthol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The order is really bad and we didn't have any real feat for Tulak so every single battle is just supposition...

Foxdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Foxdie

@xolthol: I'm going by Legends alone which stated he is the greatest lightsaber duelist in history or Greatest Sith Lightsaber duelest putting him up there with Sidious. Doesn't speak much on his force ability, but it basically says he made up for his force with his raw talent in lightsaber combat. If that's the best then that's technically better then Maul, Vader and Dooku. So I see it as it putting him up there with Sidious and Yoda alone "In lightsaber combat only" as far as him beating them outright. No.. but he's up there in lightsaber skills going off of his legend from what we know so far. Which isn't much, seeing as Disney messes up things. Idk if they'll follow there own hype.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lord_Tenebrous

Round 1 = Tulak one-shots. Ragdolling a 315 meter hammerhead-class cruiser > moving big trees

Round 2 = Tulak one-shots. Ragdolling a 315 meter hammerhead-class cruiser > moving a big shuttle

Round 3 = Loses in a close fight by virtue of Mace outfighting the best Sith in history, and being a canonical near-equal to Yoda

Round 4 = Tulak one-shots. Ragdolling a 315 meter hammerhead-class cruiser > temporarily resisting the hindered lightning of a weakened Valkorion

Round 5 = Tulak one-shots again, with ease. Ragdolling a 315 meter hammerhead-class cruiser > crushing a 20 meter AT-AT

Round 6 = Could go either way.

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dies horribly all rounds. He has literally no feats. I also must comment on how laughably bad the order is.

Vitisid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Kenobi kills him.

xolthol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lack of informations on him... Stop at 1

ValBr111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If only because of his lack of feats, there's pretty much no choice but to use hype and statements as valid feats, and by them, Hord should stop at Kun.

awshucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Khem won't have to eat for weeks after this.