TPM Maul vs Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan: New Parameters

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kilius

This is a redo of the Duel of Fates, but with new parameters. This fight will take place in an enclosed area, with enough room to maneuver around, but not enough to runaway. I set the fight up like this because, a large part of Mauls game plan was to drag the duo around the palace and into an area of his choosing so he could separate them. Also in my opinion a large part of why Maul had such a large advantage over the duo was his passive/aggressive defense. Rather than going all out aggressively like one would expect of a Juyo user, Maul gave ground and fought defensively. Only attacking enough to keep them on their toes, suggesting a heavier emphasis on his Niman mastery. I feel if this fight was confined to close quarters it would be a lot closer, as Maul would be forced to come head to head more early and Juyo's weakness to counter might be more of a burden then. Of course Maul's superior training, endurance, and unfamiliar fighting style compared to his knowledge of the way Jedi fight, still makes this a tough round for the team.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The myth that they had any chance at winning against Maul needs to die. I'm aware of more than a few sources stating that he eclipsed their combined skill, including the movie novel, and it's fairly self-evident from the fight itself. Seems like it's time to gather them.

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

One on one Qui-gon and Obi didn't stand a chance against Maul, together they were a threat hence why he constantly separated the two of them. He know Qui-Gon was more skilled than Obi Wan therefore took him out first as it was easier to swap away Obi wan. He isolated Qui-Gon whos age was affecting his stamina. If the fight stayed in a open area Maul would have more than likely killed Obi Wan first out of desperation and then it could have gone either way but more than likely Maul would have killed Qui-Gon exactly the same way.

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

The myth that they had any chance at winning against Maul needs to die.

I wouldn't say they had no chance. The fact that Maul tried to lure them to the laser barriers in order to separate them in the first place, tells me he was taking the fight seriously and pulling his best cards. His strategy was near perfect, with only one hiccup in leaving an opening for Jinn to exploit an unarmed attack; something that I think will be harder for Maul to avoid if he's forced to keep the fight in close quarters.

RanaProGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if the fights takes place in an enclosed area, I think Maul can win.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Maul still wins.

bigsambino87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul still wins. It's definitely closer, and the team can take a couple rounds, but Maul ultimately triumphs.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11 JediXMan  Moderator

Maul.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By alextheboss

It could go either way depending on how well the team works together and if Obi-wan can bring out his full potential.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This myth that the environment affected their fight in the slightest is somehow still on?

Maul wins casually, just like he did in TPM.

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul.

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kilius

Maul probably still wins. That said I do maintain that his long term game plan helped. He fought defensively, deliberately gave ground, and he knew the environment inside out. Take those advantages away and it's going to be a much harder fight, though he can probably still pull it off.