Tourney of Thrones R4 F2: Khal Drogo Vs Oberyn Martell

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Tourney of Thrones R4 F2: Khal Drogo Vs Oberyn Martell (24 votes)

Khal Drogo 29%
The Red Viper 71%

Hello everyone, good to see you again! It's time for the...

No Caption Provided

of the...

Tourney of Ice and Fire!!

No Caption Provided

If you are new to this...

What is the Tourney of Thrones?

The Tourney of Thrones is a huge Tournament, where the best of the best fighters from the history of A Song of Ice and Fire battle it out, until only one stands. The rules and the bracket are similar to March Madness, and you can find the specific rules under it's section.

How Long Will It Take?

The Tourney of Thrones will consist of daily battles until the round is over. Once a battle has been added to the battles forum, I will wait one week before tallying up the votes. The winner moves on.

How Do I Vote?

I encourage discussions about the battle as well as arguments, but ONLY POLL VOTES WILL COUNT. All you have to do is choose who you think will win, and that's it.

Can I be Reminded or Unreminded?

If you want to be updated on these battles to help out, please, simply shoot me a pm or message me asking to be added to the callouts! If you wish to be removed, do the same. I want to be as helpful as I can

The "Spite" Dilemma

Unfortunately, I am afraid there will be matches where one person will handily defeat the other. I wish it weren't that way, but that is how it has to be realistically. If you see this happen, please still vote on who is the winner. It's best to get it out of the way and go on to bigger and closer battles

The "Been Done" Dilemma

There is also a very likely chance that a battle that shows up here has been done before on another thread. This doesn't mean that you shouldn't vote. Much like Battle of The Week threads, it is different from the other ones, so don't stress about it!

Can I check the Standings?

Yes! If you ever wish to know what is going on, please go to The Tourney Of Thrones Bracket. I will be updating as it goes in other ways, but that is a good source to use.

It's about time for the second round of the Elite Eight!

In the last round, another legend was taken out, once again in a decisive result. Daemon Blackfyre tried his hardest, but simply could not stack up to what Barristan Selmy threw at him, and he ended up losing dramatically.

With that being said, let's get to introductions! This is a battle that will have...passionate debaters in, as it is hotly contested. Two fighters enter the stage, known for their lack of armor and overall awesomeness. I am quite curious who will win this...

On the left side, one of my favorites, a 6'6 behemoth with an arakh:

Khal Drogo

The undefeated leader of an army of Dothraki, can his speed, strength, size, and skill allow him to progress further?
The undefeated leader of an army of Dothraki, can his speed, strength, size, and skill allow him to progress further?

And on the right side, the legendary pit fighter and the man with an 8 foot spear:

Oberyn Martell

Two rounds ago Oberyn beat a giant strength based fighter, last round he beat a skill based fighter. But can he beat a hybrid of the two?
Two rounds ago Oberyn beat a giant strength based fighter, last round he beat a skill based fighter. But can he beat a hybrid of the two?

Rules

Morals Off

Bloodlust Off

Standard Gear - This will be very broad! If a character rides a horse all the time, they can use a horse. It's the same thing with a bow or a certain spear with poison. As long as it is common for them to use, it is allowed

Win by death

Single Elimination

Fight takes place here (Start at opposites sides):

No Caption Provided

Book and TV feats

Prime versions only

LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

• 
Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Oberyn.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oberyn wins.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Oberyn should win this

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the_red_viper  Moderator

Yup.

_Logos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

The man himself say's so.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now now.lets not be hasty Drogo was never defeated fighting many battles on the front lines. I see him as skilled as the Viper or bear enough to make this good. The Viper is fast and has a better reach with that spear Though, so it Will be hard to close the gap. My take on this given both are fast skilled, is that Drogo takes it, but dies from the poison of the Vipers spear afterwards....

Chubbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting fight, but I’m picking Oberyn. I’d imagine he’s the dirtier (if he has to be) and more versatile fighter, not to mention he’d only have to get a scratch on Drogo and let the poison do it’s work. Since he doesn’t hold a grudge against Drogo and it’s clear Drogo isn’t someone to mess around with when you see how long his hair braid is, I’d imagine the poison Oberyn would use for this fight would be fast acting.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cregan_Stark

This is one of the only fights that Drogo has had that I think he can actually win

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oberyn but close

The_Fub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undefined: Based off feats, The Red Viper, based off hype- Khal Drogo

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oberyn. Khal Drogos only feat is stomping a featless Dothraki.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aad0467ddfcf
deactivated-5aad0467ddfcf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oberyn knows exactly how to take down steppe brutes. he spent a long time travelling around essos and has fought all manner of enemies. drogo would underestimate him and not even think about the poison factor.

Thelastwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see this,Oberyn has able to disarm Drogo after a hard fight,but Drogo kill Oberyn with is own spear ,after using her against him(Drogo is the best in fight with no weapons in my opinion)( after I watch the fight vs Mago ) But just like @destinyman75 said Oberyn will wound Drogo with his spear and the poison will kill him after the fight.

last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By last0fth3risen

Oberyn has longer reach with that spear, however, Drogo has demonstrated his ability to close the gap while dodging swings from the arakh. With his speed, he should have no problem getting past the spear's range and killing Oberyn.