Welcome to the first Tournament of Psychics!
In this tournament, all of the characters are psychics/psionics/telepaths of some sort. Each participant will create a team of either 1 high tier, 2 mid tiers, or 3 low tiers. The characters and tiers were decided by myself and a team of trusted Viners who are experts on anything related to psychics. In fact, many of us contributed to the creation of a series of respect threads that you can check out here.
Choosing a high tier will allow you 10 perk points; choosing 2 mid tiers will allow you 13 perk points; choosing 3 low tiers will allow you 15 perk points. This is to keep things as balanced as possible.
The most important factor of this tournament is this: all characters may only use their telepathic powers! There is a perk to allow all powers, but without this perk, only telepathy and its sub-abilities are allowed!
- Everyone is in character but determined to win (i.e. not jobbing).
- Team composition is a factor (i.e. Psylocke & Xavier Jr will not get along but they won't actively fight each other).
- Standard Gear
- In-verse knowledge is a factor.
- Victory by KO/death. No incap or BFR.
- Stats are equalized (strength, durability, speed) --> this still applies if you choose the "All Powers Allowed" perk
- Psi-leeching is not allowed during the battle.
- Prep takes place in a shared universe but on the battlefield. For prep anywhere, it will cost 3 extra perk points.
- No outside help can be brought into the battle with prep (i.e. no characters, summons, etc).
- With prep, your team should still lose against Shaman/Life Seed Nate Grey.
- Marvel characters are current 616.
- DC characters are Pre-52/New-52/Rebirth (unless otherwise specified).
- Live action characters are composite.
- Canon tie-in comics are allowed.
- Feats from any new and upcoming movies/shows cannot be used.
- Character requests can be made but you must provide a detailed RT and reasoning as to which tier you think they belong in and why.
- You cannot mix-and-match characters between the tiers.
- Characters at base are standard, i.e. no amps
***Once a character has been chosen/reserved, they cannot be taken***
High Tier (1)
Jean Grey (includes Teen Jean feats, but nothing Phoenix-related is allowed) Professor X Emma Frost Rachel Grey
Moondragon (No Mind Stone)
Martian Manhunter (New-52/Rebirth)
Mid Tier (2)
Psylocke Stepford Cuckoos (3-in-1)
Nate Grey (Pre-Shaman)
Cable (No God/Savior/Omega)
Maximus the Mad
Purple Man (Zebediah Killgrave)
Purple Girl (Kara Killgrave)
FOX Charles Xavier
FOX Jean Grey/Phoenix
YJ Miss Martian
DCAU Martian Manhunter
Low Tier (3)
MCU Scarlet Witch
FOX Emma Frost
CW Gorilla Grodd
CW Martian Manhunter
CW Miss Martian
Matt Parkman (Heroes)
Perks (10, 13, 15)
- 1 hour of prep (1)
- 1 day of prep (5)
- 1 week of prep (10)
***Prep can be switched from the battlefield to anywhere (within reason) at the cost of 3 extra perk points***
- Decent Teamwork (3) → characters will get along and willingly fight together
- Perfect Teamwork (5) → characters will work in perfect sync/coordination
- Basic Knowledge (5) → Wikia page
- Full Knowledge (8) → All feats, complete history, etc.
- Morals Off (8) → Characters are willing to kill
- Bloodlusted (10) → Characters will do everything within their power to kill the enemy
- Invisibility (3) → One character becomes invisible to all wavelengths of light
- Mentor (4) → Professor Xavier will serve as a mentor. He cannot be involved in the battle but he will guide your team.
- Cerebro (7) → Your team gets access to their Cerebro/Cerebra feats
- Telekinesis (8) → Both teams are able to use telekinesis (if it is part of their powerset)
- Prep Negation (10) → All prep is disabled
- All Powers Allowed (Max Perk Points) → Both teams get access to all their powers
Battle takes place in Central Park at 10pm. There are a few civilians around.
Starting distance is 50 feet. Out of view.