The fight takes place in the streets of Manhatten

CDviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By CDviper

daredevil is a grown man with weapons and toph is a little girl that can move rocks so im sayin daredevil

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Strafe Prower

Toph
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Power NeXus

Toph has very little experience in fighting enemies who are neither earthbenders nor minion/cannon fodder. It's possible that she could tag DD early on in the fight with earth waves and boulder projectiles, but it doesn't seem likely. Daredevil has the reflexes and agility to avoid her initial attacks, realize how dangerous she is, then take her out as quickly as possible by throwing a billy club at her head (since it would be thrown through the air, she would never sense it coming).
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Power NeXus
@Strafe Prower said:
"Toph "

reasons?
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Korg

Toph. She can cover herself in concrete, upping her durability rather significantly. She can then tear into DD, or just make the ground swallow him. His clubs are pretty useless in this fight, since Toph can bend metal. There is also a lot of metal in NYC which Toph can utilize to her advantage. The environment is very much against DD. Then again, most environments would be against you when facing an earth bender.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I am curious....would Daredevil detect that she is blind as well?

Interestingly Toph has blocked airborne projectiles before.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Power NeXus said:
"@Strafe Prower said:
"Toph "
reasons? "

She has the earthbending to block any attacks, can metal bend in new york giving her an huge durability and offensive advantage advantage, she also is quite the strategist. I see her using her powers to take him down handily. 

BTW, in the episode when she is introduced, she dodges something flying through the air and it explains how, through vibrations.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Strafe Prower: She has also dodged Mai's arrows and shot balls of flame out of the air. I honestly think DD is outmatched here.
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By pooty

Toph easy

GOUKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GOUKI

toph
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Lunacyde:
I remember, I agree on DD being outclassed.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Power NeXus

Some of these recent Avatar threads are telling me I need to go back and watch some of those episoes again...

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Power NeXus said:
" Toph has very little experience in fighting enemies who are neither earthbenders nor minion/cannon fodder. It's possible that she could tag DD early on in the fight with earth waves and boulder projectiles, but it doesn't seem likely. Daredevil has the reflexes and agility to avoid her initial attacks, realize how dangerous she is, then take her out as quickly as possible by throwing a billy club at her head (since it would be thrown through the air, she would never sense it coming). "
True....most of her showings are against Earthbenders ( albeit she has faced most of the greatest Earthbenders in the world).
superhero7790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By superhero7790
@CDviper: that not a good reason n toph has twice the power and distance to her advantage. daredevil will see her but she will see him to den open the ground under him and crush him like a pea under a tank.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Power NeXus
@superhero7790 said:
" @CDviper: that not a good reason n toph has twice the power and distance to her advantage. daredevil will see her but she will see him to den open the ground under him and crush him like a pea under a tank. "

Toph has never been known to use her powers in such devestatingly lethal ways. Since the OP makes no suggestion either way, we should assume that both fighters are at least partially in character. If that's the case, then neither one would actually want to kill the other if there was another option. Plus, the fight takes place in Manhattan, which we can assume is populated (as Manhattan always is). If Toph used her powers in such a wide-scale way, she would run the risk of harming innocent civilians.

I have to admit that Daredevil is outclassed for power here, but he does still have a chance. He has been training in combat strategies and teckniques, as well as gaining experience, since he was in his early teens. Toph can't be much older than 12 or 13, and has little combat experience outside of the earthbender's tournament ring. If Daredevil utilizes his uncanny reflexes, agility, and radar sense to avoid Toph's initial attacks, he would recognize what a danger she is and try to take her out quickly by throwing a billy club at her head or something. Toph may sense the billy club coming (if not from being able to sense airborne projectiles, then because it is probably made of metal) and use her earthbending to block it. But, since Daredevil never carries just a single billy club on him, he could probably try the attack again, only this time causing it to richochet around like Captian America's shield before hitting Toph. Again, it's not definite that he would avoid her initial attacks at all, and it's not definite that he could hit a good richochet pattern for the billy club to knock her out, but his vasly superior skill and experience may enable him to pull off a good win this way.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I refuse to say an avatar character beats Daredevil so...he wins. :)

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Power NeXus
@Vance Astro said:
"I refuse to say an avatar character beats Daredevil so...he wins. :) "

Benders are often beaten by people who know pressure points and never strikes, so that's something DD has going for him :)
Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Red_Blade
@Power NeXus said:
" @Vance Astro said:
Benders are often beaten by people who know pressure points and never strikes, so that's something DD has going for him :) "
Ooo Ty Lee vs Daredevil would be an interesting match
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Power NeXus said:
"@Vance Astro said:
Benders are often beaten by people who know pressure points and never strikes, so that's something DD has going for him :) "

Thats only by 1 character from the whole show, Ty Lee,  IIRC. Not that often lol.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Power NeXus
@Strafe Prower said:
"@Power NeXus said:
"@Vance Astro said:
Thats only by 1 character from the whole show, Ty Lee,  IIRC. Not that often lol. "

I was just trying to give Vance a way to justify his opinion :)
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Power NeXus said:
"@Strafe Prower said:
"@Power NeXus said:
"@Vance Astro said:
Thats only by 1 character from the whole show, Ty Lee,  IIRC. Not that often lol. "
I was just trying to give Vance a way to justify his opinion :) "

Lol, I know. I just love Avatar and wanted to keep everything straight. :)
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Strafe Prower:
A demonstration of Daredevil's knowledge of nerve points:
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I'm not saying he wins, just showing that if Ty Lee can do it then so can Matt :P
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Ferro Vida:
I don't doubt it, but I was just correnting Power's statement.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Strafe Prower: fair enough :)
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Korg
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Strafe Prower:
A demonstration of Daredevil's knowledge of nerve points:

I'm not saying he wins, just showing that if Ty Lee can do it then so can Matt :P "
I don't think it shows that. Ty Lee knows specific points that will cause a bender to lose control of their abilities. Matt has never encountered a bender, so he does not have that specific knowledge. Those scans show Matt inflicting pain with nerve strikes, which is not what Ty Lee does.
Torpor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Torpor

Couldnt Daredevil just speed blitz her?  I'm going with that, no little child is gonna beat Daredevil in a fight.  I dont care how strong her powers are, she never fought someone as tough as Daredevil before.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Korg
@Torpor said:
" Couldnt Daredevil just speed blitz her?  I'm going with that, no little child is gonna beat Daredevil in a fight.  I dont care how strong her powers are, she never fought someone as tough as Daredevil before. "
No, Toph can see vibrations. Daredevil isn't getting anywhere near her. She can immobilize him easily, and can encase herself in rock/asphalt/metal to make her impervious to DD's attacks altogether.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Korg said:

" @Ferro Vida said:

" @Strafe Prower:
A demonstration of Daredevil's knowledge of nerve points:s

I'm not saying he wins, just showing that if Ty Lee can do it then so can Matt :P "
I don't think it shows that. Ty Lee knows specific points that will cause a bender to lose control of their abilities. Matt has never encountered a bender, so he does not have that specific knowledge. Those scans show Matt inflicting pain with nerve strikes, which is not what Ty Lee does. "
He also inflicts blindness in the scans above, and he has struck Punisher in a way that his arm goes numb in an "explosion of pain." I did misword that, though. He would be capable of doing similar things to her as Ty Lee did.
@Torpor said:

" Couldnt Daredevil just speed blitz her?  I'm going with that, no little child is gonna beat Daredevil in a fight.  I dont care how strong her powers are, she never fought someone as tough as Daredevil before. "

Why post in threads when you have no knowledge of the characters?
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Korg said:
" @Torpor said:
No, Toph can see vibrations. Daredevil isn't getting anywhere near her. She can immobilize him easily, and can encase herself in rock/asphalt/metal to make her impervious to DD's attacks altogether. "
His only real chance would be to approach from the rooftops and keep in the air as much as he can, then hope to take her out with a Billy Club to the head. Given that Toph has blocked projectiles on several occasions, I really don't see this ending well for Matt.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Korg
@Ferro Vida said:
"He also inflicts blindness in the scans above."
Not incredibly useful here, even if implemented, since Toph is already blind :P
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By _Sojourn_

Toph can read movements, and Daredevil has to touch ground sometime, so, when he does she'll just get him then
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Korg said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
"He also inflicts blindness in the scans above."
Not incredibly useful here, even if implemented, since Toph is already blind :P "
Touche xD
Torpor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Torpor
@Slight said:
" Toph can read movements, and Daredevil has to touch ground sometime, so, when he does she'll just get him then "
Daredevil can make it to her without touching the ground easily.
mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mv

This is gonna be a tough one for dd this girl is no joke when it comes to earthbending, i think she'll win it  I dunno how much dd can dodge
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Power NeXus
@Torpor said:
" @Slight said:
" Toph can read movements, and Daredevil has to touch ground sometime, so, when he does she'll just get him then "
Daredevil can make it to her without touching the ground easily. "

Daredevil can't fly. Even if he uses the hook-and-line in his billy clubs to swing around, anything the hook hangs on to will cause minute vibrations that Toph will be able to sense.
superhero7790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By superhero7790
@Power NeXus: well u must not watch avatar because the flip large pieces of earth on people all the time.no human on avatar would be alive at something like that.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Power NeXus
@superhero7790 said:
" @Power NeXus: well u must not watch avatar because the flip large pieces of earth on people all the time.no human on avatar would be alive at something like that. "

I have seen (almost) every episode of Avatar. Toph has been known to be brutal at times to those she deems as very serious enemies, but I can not remember a time when she just flat out killed someone without hesitation. Perhaps she did 'flip large pieces of earth' on some people, but in cartoon physics that will hardly ever count as a killshot. 
Here, Toph is fighting someone whom she knows nothing about, and there are most likely a large amount of innocent civilians in the area. She would have to be completely out of character to go all out with her earthbending right at the very start of the fight.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FLCL1

CURBSTOMP  

this is pretty unfair in my opinion
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FLCL1
@Torpor said:
"Couldnt Daredevil just speed blitz her?  I'm going with that, no little child is gonna beat Daredevil in a fight.  I dont care how strong her powers are, she never fought someone as tough as Daredevil before. "

lol 

you made a funny
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Power NeXus
@FLCL1 said:
"CURBSTOMP   this is pretty unfair in my opinion "

whom do you see winning?
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By FLCL1
@Power NeXus:
toph  

reasons?:

1) she is a rock and metal bender
2) their basicly at the same lvl of senses except dare devil sometime has to feel his envirment toph does not 
3)toph can eaily cover her self in protective metal/rock so he cant hurt her 
4)toph can bury him
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Power NeXus
@FLCL1 said:
"@Power NeXus: toph   reasons?: 1) she is a rock and metal bender2) their basicly at the same lvl of senses except dare devil sometime has to feel his envirment toph does not 3)toph can eaily cover her self in protective metal/rock so he cant hurt her 4)toph can bury him "

1) DD is agile enough to dodge most of her standard attacks 
2) You got that backwards. DD's senses are so acute that he can sense everything around him just be hearing air movement. Toph's radar sense is a result of her earthbending, and she is blind when not in contact with earth, and can not 'see' things that are not touching earth. 
3) Toph has only been seen using that tactic once or twice, and it was when she had to fight enemies in close quarters and there was no other earth around for her to use. 
4) As I stated to superhero7790, Toph would have to be out of character to use her powers in such brutal and lethal ways right off the bat,
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FLCL1
@Power NeXus said:
"@FLCL1 said:
"@Power NeXus: toph   reasons?: 1) she is a rock and metal bender2) their basicly at the same lvl of senses except dare devil sometime has to feel his envirment toph does not 3)toph can eaily cover her self in protective metal/rock so he cant hurt her 4)toph can bury him "
1) DD is agile enough to dodge most of her standard attacks 2) You got that backwards. DD's senses are so acute that he can sense everything around him just be hearing air movement. Toph's radar sense is a result of her earthbending, and she is blind when not in contact with earth, and can not 'see' things that are not touching earth. 3) Toph has only been seen using that tactic once or twice, and it was when she had to fight enemies in close quarters and there was no other earth around for her to use. 4) As I stated to superhero7790, Toph would have to be out of character to use her powers in such brutal and lethal ways right off the bat, "

1) speculation also toph can affects the area dare devil cannot dodge this considering anywhere they fight there is going to be metal or earth 
2) your right my bad 
3) So. she did it, its a feat 
4) once again so, she can do it and the op didnt state if it she was blood lusted or not
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Power NeXus
@FLCL1 said:
"@Power NeXus said:
"@FLCL1 said:
1) DD is agile enough to dodge most of her standard attacks 2) You got that backwards. DD's senses are so acute that he can sense everything around him just be hearing air movement. Toph's radar sense is a result of her earthbending, and she is blind when not in contact with earth, and can not 'see' things that are not touching earth. 3) Toph has only been seen using that tactic once or twice, and it was when she had to fight enemies in close quarters and there was no other earth around for her to use. 4) As I stated to superhero7790, Toph would have to be out of character to use her powers in such brutal and lethal ways right off the bat, "
1) speculation also toph can affects the area dare devil cannot dodge this considering anywhere they fight there is going to be metal or earth 2) your right my bad 3) So. she did it, its a feat 4) once again so, she can do it and the op didnt state if it she was blood lusted or not "

1) You're right. It's speculation. 
3) Yes, she did it. I'm just saying it's not a tactic she uses very often. 
4) Generally, when OP gives no specifications, we assume that all combatants are generally in character.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FLCL1
@Power NeXus:
3)point made 
4) yes your right but lets say she buried him in a way where he cant move but can still breath?
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Power NeXus
@FLCL1 said:
"@Power NeXus: 3)point made 4) yes your right but lets say she buried him in a way where he cant move but can still breath? "

Hmm. I didn't consider that tactic. Has she done that before? 

I am actually of the opinion that Daredevil's chances in this fight are a bit slim. I'm just playing the devil's advocate for him because I think it's not as much of a curbstomp as everyone else is saying, and that DD still has a shot.
Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toph wins. People are using DD's agility and h2h skills as a means to his victory because Toph has not had a lot of experience fighting non benders right?

DD is a man with extremely hightened senses who can fight really well. Toph is a girl who happens to be a master earth bender and can sense the individual steps of an ant, effortlessly raise tons of earth with mere gestures, and can level the ENTIRE field in seconds, including buildings and structures. I'm leaning towards her.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Hyperlight

DD's only chance is to keep to the rooftops and clock her with a club. but that's a slim chance

StephenStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think DD will lose because he will have qualms about hitting what seems to be an innocent girl. On the other hand toph can sense DD's stance and recognise that he's 1. Muscular 2. Larger than her 3. In a martial art stance.

Being in character DD would never strike first against a little girl, while toph has a tendency to lock the guy in rock and then ask questions later. So if toph pulls of the rock lock immediately she wins. If DD senses the rumble in the ground and leaps out of the way and throws a billy club at her that's a toph ko. Whether toph can react fast enough to block that move is about 50/50, imo.