Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By TheSuperor
Ser Arthur Dayne, Barristan Selmy and Jaime Lannister
Ser Arthur Dayne, Barristan Selmy and Jaime Lannister

VS

Bjørn Ironside, Ubbe, Ragnar Lothbrok and Rollo
  • GoT characters fight as dressed in the pictures and are armed with their primary sword
  • Vikings fighters are in their standard battle armour.
  • Rollo has a battle axe
  • Ubbe and Bjørn has an axe and a sword
  • Ragnar has a shield and a sword
  • All characters are in their prime and as depicted in the shows

Who wins ans why?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 the_red_viper  Moderator

The knights can win, high difficulty. I think Dayne could hold off Ubbe and Ragnar (who I view as the weakest on the Vikings team, relatively speaking) while Jaime and Selmy beat Rollo and Bjorn. But it's a good fight, I could be swayed.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I haven't watched Part 2 of S5 Vikings, but Ubbe is out of his depth here. That being said, even tho you can make an argument for the Vikings winning due to Rollo and Ragnar, I don't see their swords getting through Barristons armor or Daynes.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king-ragnar: Not to spoil anything, but Ubbe has a great feat in 5B, so I consider him to be on the same tier as the rest of the family.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By the_wspanialy  Online

Yeah, team GoT. Their armors and technical skill are too much and Ubbe is a weak link. Great fight though.

Avatar image for swordofdamocles
SwordofDamocles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_wspanialy: Ubbe is not a weak link. But I quite agree with the rest.

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hudyman

LOL nobody is beating bjorn. I could arguably say that he solos.

Rollo is the best fighter in the show whilst ragnar has the smarts. Bjorn is a combination of both of them.

No one and I mean no one bar the supernatural characters in GOT can beat Bjorn in a 1v1.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rogueshadow  Moderator

GoT team have superior weaponry and armour and I don't think the Vikings characters have the feats to compete. Selmy took down 11 men before he fell and this was at 65 without armour. In season one he was 60 and outfitted in plate. Jaime made fodder out of Jory who himself could easily best 3 Lannister spearmen. Dayne defeated Ned and 3 other men-at-arms simultaneously and never broke a sweat. I don't recall feats like this from the Vikings team.

hopz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow:

Bjorn takes out a grizzly bear 4 times his size with a hand axe, dagger and no armor. Takes claws to the chest that would kill or incapacitate most men, then fought and killed a berserker assassin shortly after. I don’t see any of these combatants repeating that feat. Outside of the supernatural characters in the show, no one is beating him and I doubt anyone beats rollo either.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hudyman said:

LOL nobody is beating bjorn. I could arguably say that he solos.

Rollo is the best fighter in the show whilst ragnar has the smarts. Bjorn is a combination of both of them.

No one and I mean no one bar the supernatural characters in GOT can beat Bjorn in a 1v1.

Word up!

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Paytience

@hudyman: This...nobody is beating Bjorn. Not with show just show performances.

He's the best fighter here.

Selmy and Ragnar would be a good fight. Dayne would be hell because of his "unrealism", but that same duel wielding longswords style i# going to get him killed aftwr Bjorn waits him out, parries one, and get's in his throat.

Vikings characters are really underrated.

SwordofDamocles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SwordofDamocles

@rogueshadow: He took down 14. (One of them was from behind by surprise though)

@hopz7: I strongly disagree

About the bear:

-The hound have the strength to one shoot a bear if he goes for the head

-a fighter who is as skilled as Jaime even without armor could likely kill the same bear and in even a better way than Bjorn

About the assassin:

-Well the assassin clearly outfought Bjorn. If he was not a delusional cocky unintelligent guy, Bjorn would have die. No contest. The assassin was the better fighter.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopz7: And he had just woken up om the ice and puked after drinking a keg of mead the night before. lol.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Paytience

@rogueshadow: They don't have the armor and weaponry to make this an unbalanced fight though. The vikings have the ability to get through/around armor, they have shields, and are the better fighters. They have a quickness and a tactics edge...and they fight better fighters. Hell, I would wager that with the exception of the Dothraki, any single army on Vikings would beat any single army on GoT.

hopz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swordofdamocles:

The swords these guys use afford them much more range in a fight than a hand axe and dagger would. That’s my point. Bjorn went against a bear using essentially the same weapons a bear uses, ie short range claws and teeth against short range dagger and hand axe. Jaime does not have the feats to suggest he can use those weapons against a bear that size and live, let alone win. The hound is the only non supernatural character I could see an argument for so I don’t really want to argue against that but I still don’t think the hound can beat Bjorn. (Personally, I think the hound beats every non supernatural character in GoT as well). He just isn’t smart enough. And remember, the berserker was fighting a Bjorn that just nearly died against a huge bear, not a rested 100% Bjorn. I doubt it would have been as close as it was had he been 100%.

cromulor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GoT Team wins imo in a really good fight. I think this would be easier for them if Selmy was in his prime though. George R R Martin said Prime Selmy is on the same level as Prime Dayne if they’re both using normal swords.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@paytience said:

@rogueshadow: They don't have the armor and weaponry to make this an unbalanced fight though. The vikings have the ability to get through/around armor, they have shields, and are the better fighters. They have a quickness and a tactics edge...and they fight better fighters. Hell, I would wager that with the exception of the Dothraki, any single army on Vikings would beat any single army on GoT.

I don't think their actual feats stack up though. Bjorn looks like a beast to be sure, just observing his skill and speed, Bjorn is a monster, but in terms of what he accomplishes I don't think he's comparable to the likes of Dayne, who beat a seasoned and highly skilled warrior in his prime + several men-at-arms simultaneously, nor has he faced the sheer numerics of stepping up against a dozen men at once, and this unarmoured.

@swordofdamocles said:

@rogueshadow: He took down 14. (One of them was from behind by surprise though)

I've tried to count a few times and I settled on 11, that's how many I could count but I could well be wrong.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_red_viper  Moderator

If it was a 3v3 I would have definitely sided with the knights. The only problem I'm having is that if Rollo and Bjorn, who ai view as the 2 best fighters among the Vikings, team up against one of the knights, they would be able to kill him maybe before the other knights win their respective fights.

Coming to think of it, I think Ubbe is out of his depth here though. So unless he teams up with one of his allies to tag-team one of the knights he probably goes down first.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_red_viper  Moderator
dark_globe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dark_globe

GoT team win .
take out ubbe and give them bishop Heahmund and it would be hell of a fight .

dayne one shots ubbe and beats ragnar .
old selmy could be overpowered by rollo or bjorn
(but he has far superior technique so it is debatable)
prime jaime is a big problem however .

dayne MvP .

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By hudyman

What are you all even talking about? The battle states SHOW feats so remove all those GRRM statements. Jamie is a pathetic fighter in the show. Dayne was nothing special in that one fight scene.

They all fought FODDER.

This one scene from Bjorn shows how he would decimate everybody here and he's not even trying.

Loading Video...

Bjorn solos.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the_red_viper  Moderator

@hudyman said:

What are you all even talking about? The battle states SHOW feats so remove all those GRRM statements. Jamie is a pathetic fighter in the show. Dayne was nothing special in that one fight scene.

They all fought FODDER.

This one scene from Bjorn shows how he would decimate everybody here and he's not even trying.

Loading Video...

Bjorn solos.

And these were...?

SwordofDamocles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hudyman: Housecarl featless are still fodders. Furthermore they fought Bjorn-Harald team very absurdly , attacking one by one/rushing instead of just waiting in shieldwall. And Bjorn would have arguably die without Harald here.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Paytience

@swordofdamocles: Man for man Vikings from the fodder up has better fighters than all of GoT. Everyone in that battle on both sides were veterans at this point of several wars and campaigns. Those were the same Vikings that took York and Bjorn and Finehair brought veterans of the war against Alfred and Ubbe who themselves had veterabs from the wars to unify England...and ALL of them are veterans of the Viking civil war.

Season 5 battle from the episode "hell":

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvcy17ng8Z4

The "fodder" in this fight are

all capapable inntheir own right. In the show: Selmy is fighting untrained nobility. Dayne is fighting teenagers. And Jamie's only feats with both hands were playing with Ned, which is good..but not great.

The armies in Vikings are for the most part professional battle hardened. Half the forces in got are civilian conscripts. Smashing their fodder means nothing.

Dayne has the best GoT feat here, but it isn't enough to say he overcomes Bjorn. And if they cannot beat Bjorn, imo, they lose. Only Dayne could realistically fight him imo and the otger two couldn't hold against Rollo as long as Rollo has support...which Ragnar is.

They couldn't just wait in a shield wall...Bjorn and company never had to attack them. They had the city, and people on both sodes were waiting for Ivar to be done with it. The pressure was on themto kill Bjorn, not the other way around. Waiting in a shield wall is not what you do because all Bjorn would of done is have his army swarm them and be done with it. So lon as they were willing to come out and fight, Bjorn would fight them. Otherwise, he had no need to, other thanto make a statment.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By King-Ragnar

I don't see how Bjorn solos, in any possible way. I'd argue that Rollo could beat Jaime or Barriston due to his sheer strength, but any attack he lands with his axe isn't going to injure Barriston due to his armor (tho it will most likely heavily damage it). Dayne could be beaten if he was attacked by both Bjorn and Rollo. Tho as I said earlier, Ubbe is out of his depth here, you take him out and I'd argue the family wins for a majority

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Paytience

@king-ragnar: Nobody is really saying Bjorn solos. We are saying that Bjorn beats anyone he fights.

The problem as I see it is this: Bjorn is a really good match up for Dayne. Now, I suppose you could make an argument for Dayne, but he has one feat. The problem is, if Dayne dies, his team loses.

If Bjorn dies, his team will still have a decent advantage, since as I see it Jamie loses to anyone on the opposing team except maybe Ubbe, and Selmy prolly loses to Ragnar and almost certainly does to Rollo.

The Vikings really are underrated on the forums, but you'd be hardpressed to make any real good technical arguments against them that don't cut more deeply the other way.

Also, Barristan's armor isn't stopping an axe. The heaviest armor in GoT, The Mountain's was penetrated clean by spear against Oberyn and by a long sword against Sandor.

Yes, GoT armor means something sometime, as Sandor demonstrated to Arya. But the armor isn't magic. A great axe is going through it...also, Rollo uses a sword and armor more often than not.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By phillip33

The Vikings are out of their depth here. Vikings top tiers just can’t compete with GOT top tiers imo and plate armor is going to be a huge gear advantage and major problem for the Vikings.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Paytience

@phillip33: Why though? Lamellar and leather are a perfectly viable option in GoT, and they do come with their own (displayed) movement reductions. Therebis also no reason to assum the Vikings cannot get through and around GoT armor when they regularly do exactly that.

Also, Rollo has very good armor. In fact, iirc, Rollo typically wears a full cuirass and mail:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pluy0rmZN8M

And Ragnar always wears at least a jack.

Contrast that to the GoT fighters and the only one in full armor is Jamie, although he has zero fights in armor; Dayne wears a breastplate and helmet, and Selmy'sonly fight is in a jacket and leathers.

Rollo is a high ranking nobleman; he wears more armor than anyone else here.

Also, what has any GoT fighter in this battle, done that makes you think the Vikings are "out of their depth?"

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Paytience

Aurthur Dayne dual wields to fight 4 opponents...dies. Bjorn duel wields Axe and longsword to fight 4 enemies ...kills 6 of them, for bonus points- @ 1:37 in this video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FZL1P2ONg0w

SwordofDamocles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SwordofDamocles

@swordofdamocles: Man for man Vikings from the fodder up has better fighters than all of GoT. Everyone in that battle on both sides were veterans at this point of several wars and campaigns. Those were the same Vikings that took York and Bjorn and Finehair brought veterans of the war against Alfred and Ubbe who themselves had veterabs from the wars to unify England...and ALL of them are veterans of the Viking civil war.

-The most part of Bjorn army was King Olaf army. And those guys dont fought anywhere in the previous campaign and war you mentioned, they likely just fought in raids in the east or not at all for some. Furthermore being a veteran//being the better fighter. And you statement just ins't true, many of the fodder GoT where also fighting-veteran.

-Many Northmen's who fought in war of the five kings where veteran of Greyjoy rebellion and Robert rebellion. Without forgetting the Umbers who where used to fight multiples times Wildlings raids as Smalljon stated. So you average fodder Jon slaughter are nowhere weaker than the veterans from Vikings, those guys have being in two-three huge wars.

all capapable inntheir own right. In the show: Selmy is fighting untrained nobility. Dayne is fighting teenagers. And Jamie's only feats with both hands were playing with Ned, which is good..but not great.

Yes it is great. Ned is a veteran and a serious skilled fighter in the show. Furthermore the guy's Selmy was fighting where not untrained, they where part of one of the most massive rebellion-operation in slaver bay history, and from what we have saw of their organisation and performance, it's very likely they where given some-kind of training to get used on how to kill Unsullied. But yeah they are clearly not on a soldier-training lvl .

The armies in Vikings are for the most part professional battle hardened. Half the forces in got are civilian conscripts. Smashing their fodder means nothing.

Arguable. As we saw since season 3 Kattegat can grown every time army bigger than the previous one. Just look the Civil war both Harald-Ivar and Lagertha army where strong of like 3000 warriors, and the Great Heathen army the previous season was strong of 4000 warriors only. Which mean's more the Kingdom of Kattegat grown/last more they can recrut massive groups of men's from Norway and obviously not all of them are war veteran, many of them are just to young to have fought before.

Furthermore as I said earlier saying GoT TV fodder are mostly guys without any battle-count is just wrong.

-The fodder Wildling where most of them veteran-warrior who fought both against Night watch and other Wildlings in their lives.

-The fodder Northmen during BoB in both sides where veteran from 2-3 huge wars not to mention many of them participated in the fights against Ironborn to take back theirs lands.

-The fodder Lannister in Destruction of King's landing where veteran from the War of the five kings-greyjoy rebellion/Batttle of Blackwater for some of them.

-The fodder Ironborn Euron destroyed where likely veteran of The Ironborn Invasion of the North and also many raids and small-battles (just like many vikings fodders ) and also veteran of Greyjoy Rebellion for some of them.

Also, Barristan's armor isn't stopping an axe. The heaviest armor in GoT, The Mountain's was penetrated clean by spear against Oberyn and by a long sword against Sandor.

Oberyn know the armor weakness and Oberyn>>>Bjorn. That being said I admit what you said could be arguable,(because the armor quality in GoT is sometimes really confusing) But the fact is prime Barristan would not be touched. He is much more skilled than Ironside.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 the_red_viper  Moderator

The notion of Bjorn soloing is pretty absurd. One on one, each of the knights would take him. Three on one, he doesn't last 10 seconds.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like people aren't taking Rollo's strength into account. It took 3 men armed with shields to push him back and he was single handily pushing back a part of a shield wall.

An argument could be made for the Vikings winning, tho it is difficult.

GodlyShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The knights can win, high difficulty. I think Dayne could hold off Ubbe and Ragnar (who I view as the weakest on the Vikings team, relatively speaking) while Jaime and Selmy beat Rollo and Bjorn. But it's a good fight, I could be swayed.