• Starting distance is 100 ft apart
  • Fight takes place in New York, Manhattan

Kha-El

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I thought it was Balrog from Street Fighter..... What can this Balrog do?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kha-El

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa: Based on that scene alone and with no knowledge of LotR, I think Toothless would win

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Toothless oneshots...

Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toothless takes this easy. Flight, speed, and attack power are all in the Nighrfury's favor. Plus he is soooo cute!

GrimReaper2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Balrog murderstomps. What people here don't realize is that Balrogs are fear-inducing FALLEN ANGELS! They wield Magic and are immune to conventional damage. I'm sorry, but Toothless is dead before he hits the ground. I don't care what people say, The Balrog wins Beyond Neg Diff.

GrimReaper2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mass: That is so wrong. Toothless can barely even reach Mach 1 while the Balrogs can reach Mach 30. Plus, Balrogs are FALLEN ANGELS that wield Magic, so Toothless can't do scrap to it. And I don't care if he's 'cute', it isn't saving him.

GrimReaper2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: He doesn't. The Balrog is literally a Fallen Angel who existed before Time. And it also wields Magic, which will murder Toothless in an instant.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mooty_Pass

The Balrog of Morgoth for the Win.

-There is literally, nothing Toothless can do to a Balrog.

luthluth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lore accurate Balrogs have crazy feats.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: He doesn't. The Balrog is literally a Fallen Angel who existed before Time. And it also wields Magic, which will murder Toothless in an instant.

I understand that the Balrog has a decent degree of mystical hype to him, but he really doesn't have feats that would let him withstand the raw firepower that Toothless has shown.

Being a fallen angel is cool and all, but is there anything to prove he inherently beats dragons in his own setting, such as Smaug? LotR dragons aren't divine/spiritual entities either, as far as I'm aware.

ScarlettCoven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ScarlettCoven  Online

@grimreaper2187 said:

I understand that the Balrog has a decent degree of mystical hype to him, but he really doesn't have feats that would let him withstand the raw firepower that Toothless has shown.

Being a fallen angel is cool and all, but is there anything to prove he inherently beats dragons in his own setting, such as Smaug? LotR dragons aren't divine/spiritual entities either, as far as I'm aware.

Yes 100%. Balrogs were even able to be matched by Elves in the 1st age in single combat. They are not all that. Toothless destroys thee Balrog in a drive-by shooting

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toothless by feats, Balrog if we take it into account that he is some sort of deity who is on par with elves and angles.

Avatar image for lilacplasmabeam
LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toothless destroys based on feats and potential

ultrawhisvados

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ultrawhisvados

Balrog obliterates the entire train your dragon verse, he is a demigod entity as a maiar with immortal nature and highly destructive powers, while toothless is a fodder drake that had trouble against regular humans, same with all the dragons there, Smaug or Drogoth the dragon lord would also solo them

GrimReaper2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: Yeah. In the Silmarillion, Balrogs can annihilate entire continents, and did so at the end of the First Age when they laid waste to Beleriand (one half of Middle-Earth). Neither Smaug nor Toothless would have anything on a Balrog.

GrimReaper2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilacplasmabeam: Clearly you don't know what even ONE Balrog is capable of. One Balrog alone can destroy 1/7th of a Continent. A CONTINENT!!!

GrimReaper2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlettcoven: Balrogs can literally destroy Continents, which means they can easily take hits that strong too. Plus, they're beings made of shadows, not tangible beasts as we see in the Movies.

GrimReaper2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Allow me to list the feats of all Balrogs to show you all just how ridiculously powerful they are.

First, they destroyed Beleriand during the War of Wrath, but the BIGGEST feat the Balrogs had were driving off Ungoliant:

"With their whips of flame they smote asunder the webs of Ungoliant, and she quailed, and turned to Flight, belching black vapours to cover her;" - The Silmarillion, Of the Flight of the Noldor, Page 81

Ungoliant was able to devour the Two Trees, which could create the Sun, Moon, and all the Stars in the sky:

"But Ungoliant sucked it up, and going then from Tree to Tree she set her black beak to their wounds, till they were drained; and the poison of Death that was in her went into their tissues and withered them, root, branch, and leaf;" - The Silmarillion, Of the Darkening of Valinor, Page 76

"But the flower and fruit Yavanna gave to Aulë, and Manwë hallowed them, and Aulë and his people made vessels to hold them and preserve their radiance; as is said in the Narsilion, the Song of the Sun and Moon. These vessels the Valar gave to Varda, that they might become lamps of of heaven, outshining the ancient stars, being nearer to Arda;" - The Silmarillion, Of the Sun and Moon, Page 99

So all this alone scales the Balrogs to at least Country Level minimum, and High Universal maximum. So in conclusion...

The Balrog wins, No Concept of Diff

Whoever made this post is either trolling or doesn't know what a Balrog really is.

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimreaper2187: Most likely people never read the books(I've only read the first one beginning to end completely tbh, alrhough it's understandable, they're damn long and there is more lore than story tbh) And yeah, a Balrog is a deity that has the potential to solo the Dragonverse. The movies portray the characters and beasts street level, but I'll say that Peter Jackson and his crew did the best that was possible when adapting Lord of the Rings. Maybe just show more AoE and buff characters more?

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlettcoven: these same elves could 1v1 dragons 100x toothless size and win. So your point is irrelevant. The balrogs were the most powerful of morgoths servants other than Sauron, and that includes the dragons as a whole. Who again, are all far bigger than toothless and have far more potent durability, striking power and breath attacks.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#25  Edited By stormshadow_x

Depends on how you scale a Balrog honestly, toothless should be faster and with his flight keep his distance and wear it down.

Always found the scaling for tolkein's characters to be rather hard to put down especially the "Powerful" characters like gandalf. Toothless should win without much trouble due to feats but Balrog could win by hype?

GrimReaper2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GrimReaper2187

@stormshadow_x: how does Toothless win due to feats??? The Balrogs literally destroyed a Continent (Beleriand) and drove off the VOID ITSELF (Ungoliant)!! The answer is already very obvious.

OmniSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlettcoven: these same elves could 1v1 dragons 100x toothless size and win.

Well Toothless has fought opponents bigger than him before and won too, so this point doesn't matter much.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Zetsu-San
@grimreaper2187 said:

@zetsu-san: Yeah. In the Silmarillion, Balrogs can annihilate entire continents, and did so at the end of the First Age when they laid waste to Beleriand (one half of Middle-Earth). Neither Smaug nor Toothless would have anything on a Balrog.

@grimreaper2187 said:

@scarlettcoven: Balrogs can literally destroy Continents, which means they can easily take hits that strong too. Plus, they're beings made of shadows, not tangible beasts as we see in the Movies.

You're talking about a time period where magic in general was much more powerful, and the world itself pretty much bent to the commands of the Maiar.

I don't believe there's anything to suggest that during the LotR timeline, they'd still hold power anywhere near that level, nor does the world as a whole seem as malleable or "conceptual" as it used to be.

Avatar image for lilacplasmabeam
LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimreaper2187:

@omnisage said:
@noah_ouellette said:

@scarlettcoven: these same elves could 1v1 dragons 100x toothless size and win.

Well Toothless has fought opponents bigger than him before and won too, so this point doesn't matter much.

Exactly. Back in part 1 the red death's explosion had comparable AOE to a very small nuke; Toothless not only heat her alive bust survived the blast.

The Bewilderbeast is even bigger, and can definitely destroy 1 7th of a Continent if going all out, yet Awakened toothless beat him on anger, protective instinct and adrenaline alone lmao

Jucaslucasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It took armies of elves, maiar and dragons fighting for decades to destroy Beleriand, one Balrog isn't matching that, and neither is Toothless.

I don't think there's any feats for them to make this a conclusive match.

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this movies only balrog (because picture used is movies) or composite?

GrimReaper2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth: Hell if I know. But if this is Movies Balrog, then Toothless maybe wins, but just barely. But if this is Composite Balrog, then the Balrog curbstomps.

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth: Hell if I know. But if this is Movies Balrog, then Toothless maybe wins, but just barely. But if this is Composite Balrog, then the Balrog curbstomps.

Yeah I was thinking the same. Composite/novel balrog should win comfortably, but with movie balrog it is a debate