#10 Posted by Kokemabb200 (3400 posts) - - Show Bio

Pym

#11 Edited by Pipxeroth (9305 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol i though most people would say Tony... thank god I was wrong

Pym is way smarter

#12 Edited by Thanatic (918 posts) - - Show Bio

@pipxeroth:

so Pym has the greatest feats of the 3

would T'challa be next after Pym then Tony?

#14 Posted by Pipxeroth (9305 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanatic said:

@pipxeroth:

so Pym has the greatest feats of the 3

would T'challa be next after Pym then Tony?

I don't know all that much abouter Black Panther, but in general I think he's smarter at science, but although stark is a better engineer/smarter with tech and has better feats

The smartest dudes in marvel imo are somewhat like this

1. Doom/Reed
  2. Reed/Doom
  3. Hank Pym
  4. Bruce Banner
  5. Tony Stark
  6. Black Panther
#15 Posted by huthimamwa (2561 posts) - - Show Bio

@pipxeroth: I can roll with that list. Mine always went

1. Reed/Doom tie

2. Pym

3. Banner/Stark tie

4. Tchalla

5. Mcoy.

#16 Posted by Night_Raven (613 posts) - - Show Bio

Pym. Stark has more feats, but Pym's are the more impressive. I tend to see it as:

1/2. Reed/Doom (Doom's magic being what brings him level).

3. Pym.

4. Stark

Then it becomes less clear, there's been more of a focus on Banner's intelligence outside of just gamma radiation in the past few years, but there's also the likes of BP, Beast, etc. Presumably at some point Valeria has to be put on the list somewhere...

#17 Posted by Pipxeroth (9305 posts) - - Show Bio

@huthimamwa: Yeah that's pretty much it. I don't think Mcoy is that high up though, I think Cho is still above him. And I'd actually put Banner above start instead of as a tie, he beat his ass before in computers/hacking, which is tony's expertise.

#18 Edited by RandomSid82 (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

...hasn't this exact thread been done just a few months ago?

Answer: Yes it has, and by the same person.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/pym-vs-t-challa-vs-tony-1645742/?page=1

#19 Posted by just_sayin (3468 posts) - - Show Bio

Who has the greatest feats? Its Pym and its not even close.

When Iron Man wanted to fly he built a suit, Pym grew himself wings.

Black Panther created shadow particles while Pym created Pym Particles.

Iron Man created an iron suit, Pym created the first AI - Ultron. Iron Man created a weapon, Pym created synthetic life.

Black Panther created an unstable teleportation device, Pym created the Infinite Avengers Mansion which can take the user anywhere as well as the Pym Porter which can transport the user anywhere and a Pym Pocket which is outside of space-time which can connect to any time and space.

Iron Man's armor allows him to communicate with his computer J.A.R.V.I.S., Pym's helmet allows him to communicate and control all insects.

Black Panther created an X-gene suppressant, Pym turned Janet Van Dyne into a human sized wasp for a time to save her life.

Iron Man's suite can travel to outer space, Pym's suit travels to other dimensions - like the micro-verse, under space, over space and virtually every other alternate universe.

Black Panther created himself energy daggers, and energy absorbing suit, anti-metal claws, and vibranium boots to scale walls. Pym created a tool bot the size of swiss army knife with over 900 weapons in it such as a sonic disrupter, bio blaster and a light saber.

Tony Stark's armor gives him an Iron grip. If Pym touches you, you can grow beyond the size of the universe or to the size of an ant.

Black Panther created a Kimoyo Card that's like a high tech PDA. Pym created heaven for his friend Bill Foster.

Tony Stark and T'Challa have built themselves impressive laboratories. Pym carries multiple laboratories for each scientific discipline in his pocket.

#20 Posted by sentry4 (968 posts) - - Show Bio

The Scientist Supreme obviously.

BTW: how is he SS with Richards around? He did create Ultron, but Reed's done some pretty crazy stuff and is generally considered smarter.

#21 Posted by Night_Raven (613 posts) - - Show Bio

This is great, and should also be your definitive answer.

Iron Man created an iron suit, Pym created the first AI - Ultron. Iron Man created a weapon, Pym created synthetic life.

Black Panther created an unstable teleportation device, Pym created the Infinite Avengers Mansion which can take the user anywhere as well as the Pym Porter which can transport the user anywhere and a Pym Pocket which is outside of space-time which can connect to any time and space.

Iron Man's armor allows him to communicate with his computer J.A.R.V.I.S., Pym's helmet allows him to communicate and control all insects.

Black Panther created an X-gene suppressant, Pym turned Janet Van Dyne into a human sized wasp for a time to save her life.

Iron Man's suite can travel to outer space, Pym's suit travels to other dimensions - like the micro-verse, under space, over space and virtually every other alternate universe.

Black Panther created himself energy daggers, and energy absorbing suit, anti-metal claws, and vibranium boots to scale walls. Pym created a tool bot the size of swiss army knife with over 900 weapons in it such as a sonic disrupter, bio blaster and a light saber.

Tony Stark's armor gives him an Iron grip. If Pym touches you, you can grow beyond the size of the universe or to the size of an ant.

Black Panther created a Kimoyo Card that's like a high tech PDA. Pym created heaven for his friend Bill Foster.

Tony Stark and T'Challa have built themselves impressive laboratories. Pym carries multiple laboratories for each scientific discipline in his pocket.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
#22 Posted by The_Caped_Crusader (10533 posts) - - Show Bio

Hank Pym, by far.

#23 Posted by DarkRaiden (15466 posts) - - Show Bio

T'Challa.

#24 Posted by kfabz-23 (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

Pym

#25 Posted by Thanatic (918 posts) - - Show Bio

so Pym seems to be the best of the 3

but i do find it interesting that many people put Tony ahead of T'challa..isn't T'challa more of a polymath than Tony and is always hanging out with Reed...

#26 Posted by MErulezall (3785 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Thanatic (918 posts) - - Show Bio

Pym has greater feats overall ... i will agree to that

#28 Posted by Thanatic (918 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_raven:is Pym Particles more impressive than Shadow Physics?

Avatar image for the_real_seaman
#29 Posted by the_real_seamAn (2127 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanatic said:

so Pym seems to be the best of the 3

but i do find it interesting that many people put Tony ahead of T'challa..isn't T'challa more of a polymath than Tony and is always hanging out with Reed...

Typically Tony is smarter when it comes to physics, aeronautics, engineering, whereas T'challa is smarter when it comes to strategy

#30 Posted by Batman1130 (1464 posts) - - Show Bio

Pym by a mile

#31 Posted by nickzambuto (29288 posts) - - Show Bio

@sentry4 said:

The Scientist Supreme obviously.

BTW: how is he SS with Richards around? He did create Ultron, but Reed's done some pretty crazy stuff and is generally considered smarter.

That was just one writer, who wrote a story where Hank Pym was declared scientist supreme. Some other writers have rolled with the idea, but I think generally most of Marvel still considers Reed the smartest.

#32 Posted by Thanatic (918 posts) - - Show Bio

Pym has the greater overall feats then the other 2

but is Pym Particles necessary a greater feat than T'challa's Shadow Physics

whats the greater feat between those 2

#33 Posted by sentry4 (968 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: This is why they need a continuity planner (or a better one), so many random upgrades, feats, and cool storylines that are never mentioned again.

#34 Edited by huthimamwa (2561 posts) - - Show Bio

@sentry4: well to be fair, even in the issue where Pym was declared Scientist Supreme, Eternity did straight up tell Pym that Reed was smarter than him but Pym uses science as if its magic to do the impossible for no other reason than that he can. I guess even though Reed is smarter, Eternity just likes Pym more or likes the way be applies science more.

#35 Posted by Thanatic (918 posts) - - Show Bio

@huthimamwa: i agree that Pym has the best feats of the 3

but wasn't that whole "scientist supreme" confirmed to not be eternity but loki playing a trick on him?

#36 Edited by XiiX (13583 posts) - - Show Bio

@pipxeroth said:
  1. Doom/Reed
  2. Reed/Doom

Off topic, But I never got why Reed Richards is so often considered Doom's superior(in anything except science,and even then, by a pretty small margin).

How the hell does Richards being more proficient by a tad in one arena put him above someone who's given Dr.Strange a run for his money in the department of magic(which Richards has admitted to being pretty much unable to understand) to even composing symphonies(abstract and artistic genius) AND nearly tie with him scientifically?

And even with the meager martial(arts) showings between them, I haven't seen anything from Reed Richards suggesting(without his powers) he could kill a lion with one shot or prove perfectly capable with Captain America's shield as Doom has.

Yes, that counts as another facet of intelligence/capability.

Hell, it could be argued Doom's political ambitions have been ridiculously more successful(him conquering and being Latveria's primary ruler in contrast to what Reed accomplished with The Illuminati, which is on the whole less impressive then what he seemed capable of individually so far as actually getting sh!t done.

While Doom has forged alliances with a myriad of unpredictable and otherwise unscrupulous characters, and more often than not comes out with nothing lost, or significant gain.

Hell, just look at Secret Wars. While Reed was busy crying, growing a beard, and circle jerking with with The Illuminati(who for whatever reason prove the axiom that "whenever a group of brains get together, you should cut their collective intelligence by at least half") Doom was becoming God with Molecule Man, and saving whatever could be saved.

So political astuteness, as well.

He gets to be considered less than someone who while he's busy ruling over a kingdom(as his main priority, anyway) is getting his ass gimped by The Hulk(with prep and backup) due to royally fuking the job up properly BFRing him in the first place.

I'm really starting to understand Doom's frustration here, is what I'm saying

#37 Posted by pooty (16236 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanatic said:

Pym has the greater overall feats then the other 2

but is Pym Particles necessary a greater feat than T'challa's Shadow Physics

whats the greater feat between those 2

what has Shadow Physics accomplished?

#38 Posted by Pipxeroth (9305 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix: Lol I ageee 100%, Doom's feats far outclass Reed's, but I though i'd include them as a tie since Reed is stated to have 1 more iq point or whatever. Also watch the language buddy.

#39 Posted by Thanatic (918 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: thats the thing? i dont know

#40 Posted by XiiX (13583 posts) - - Show Bio

@pipxeroth: Eh. Misspelling the 'bad' language counts as a loophole.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
#41 Edited by deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9 (2599 posts) - - Show Bio

@huthimamwa:Eternity said something along the lines of Pym being the true scientist, making advancements, making the impossible possible, while Reed, being the obviously smarter one, is more of an explorer of the universe.

#42 Posted by huthimamwa (2561 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanatic: I dont believe it was confirmed. Loki said it was him but it didnt seem very believable given the context. Pym had him prisoner and Loki was trying to talk his way out of it. Pym mentioned that Eternity gave him the title and Loki took the cue to lower Pym's confidence and get him to slip up so he could escape by saying that never happened.

So it was never confirmed one way or the other but given the scene where Hank grew outside the boundaries of the universe and met Eternity, I find it highly unlikely Loki somehow knew and randomly felt like posing as Eternity to trick Pym for no reason. They werent even in conflict with each other yet. Its more likely that Loki was lying and trying to talk his way out of a tight spot or stall for time for whatever.

#43 Posted by huthimamwa (2561 posts) - - Show Bio

Was anybody else annoyed that Pym was never brought into the Illuminati during Hickman's New Avengers run?? Hickman basically made the illuminati all the super geniuses by replacing Xavier with Beast, kicking out Cap. Letting Banner join. Even letting Maximums join/help for a bit....I spent half the run going "Where the hell is Pym?!!? He's smarter than most of these guys and thinks so far outside the box that he has outsmarted Reed before!!" He would have been very useful in helping hold off the incursions. Hell, he probably could have found a way to shrink the entire planet in the sky and find a way not to kill everyone.....*sigh* oh well. Rant over.

#44 Posted by Silverrings (5452 posts) - - Show Bio

Besides creating Pym Particles and an A.I., hasn't Pym made Doctor Who style bigger-on-the-inside type stuff, too? I'd say he's the smartest guy here, but i'm not really sure who's smarter out of Stark and T'Challa, although i'd lean towards Tony, at least in engineering prowess.

#45 Posted by huthimamwa (2561 posts) - - Show Bio

@silverrings: yes he's created the infinite avengers mansion which is pretty much TARDIS tech.

#46 Edited by Thanatic (918 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Thanatic (918 posts) - - Show Bio

what is the infinite avengers mansion?

#48 Posted by SpinnerComix (3989 posts) - - Show Bio

The Scientist Supreme

#49 Edited by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

This is great, and should also be your definitive answer.

@just_sayin said:

#50 Posted by Thanatic (918 posts) - - Show Bio

what is the infinite avengers mansion again...some people mentioned it a few times...is it a great feat by Hank?