Tokita Ohma & Imai Cosmo vs Nightwing & Red Hood (H2H only)

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • Pre/New 52 DC
  • Perfect Teamwork
  • Standard Mindset
  • Both sides wear normal sport clothes
  • H2H only
  • Victory by death, Incapacitation, K.O. or capitulation

Fight in here, start at the opposite ends

No Caption Provided

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KingCrimson  Online

I’ll back the Kengan team. Ohma is ridiculously skilled and hits like a goddamn freight train, and Cosmo can put either of them to sleep with his zone/python combo.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know the first 2.

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal: Both in comic book peak human strength(strong enough to crater concrete and take hits in that area), peak human speed (faster than sound, Imai has shown to be able to react to a guy that had 75 ms reactions), skilled martial artists (Street fighting & Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for Cosmo) and a technique called "Niko-style" for Ohma, it's basically a mixture of different techniques including things like hardening your muscles to take less damage

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rac95: Ah. Sounds like they may be a bit much for the DC duo.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KingCrimson  Online

@rac95: Where did you get faster than sound from? Nobody in the series is close to supersonic.

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: You have Akoyo dodging a bullet and ripping a guys throat out, Tokita deflecting a full speed tip of a whip (which actually is faster than sound, hence the sound), you could argue Kuroki dodging bullets during his training and as mentioned they fact that Imai for example can operate in a time frame under 0.1 seconds (first explanation of the zone during the fight against Adam Dudley) and Akoyos speed, who gets topped by the rest of the (more important) cast

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KingCrimson  Online

@rac95: Akoyo’s bullet dodge is the only legitimate one so far IMO, and reacting to a supersonic projectile doesn’t make you faster than sound. Kuroki’s bullet timing is due to pre-cog and 0.1 seconds although fast isn’t a supersonic time frame.

I think the speed of the series is underrated, but I think supersonic is a little too fast at the moment.

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: Akoyo speaks for himself, we have Ohma deflecting against the tip of a whip (faster than sound) and to separate statements from Akoyo that Imai is improving his speed, which is also shown due to the fact that he can partially dodge him

Avatar image for deactivated-6244903497821
deactivated-6244903497821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck. Got the ping WAYYY too late. But as someone who's read KA and the sequel series. I'm backing Team Kengan. Ohma is faster and was casually shattering huge boulders in base form at one point.

jonjizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ohma could solo

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rac95: Akoyo’s bullet dodge is the only legitimate one so far IMO, and reacting to a supersonic projectile doesn’t make you faster than sound.

It would put you pretty close to that speed if you react to it at close range, plus Ohma didn't just react, he redirected it, ehich isn't a dimple maneuver

Kuroki’s bullet timing is due to pre-cog and 0.1 seconds although fast isn’t a supersonic time frame.

Agreed

I think the speed of the series is underrated, but I think supersonic is a little too fast at the moment.

There are several other speed feats on that tier, Inaba catching bullets from multiple automatic gunfire at close range with his hair and a few milliseconds being able to make a drastic and a turnaround difference in the Gensai vs Fang match. These are all sonic-supersonic feats.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KingCrimson  Online

@streak619: I think there’s a marked difference between reacting to something at that speed and actually having combat speed on that level. I wouldn’t claim every person who’s deflected a bullet to have supersonic speed, personally.

Inaba’s feat looks like legit bullet timing to me honestly, and absent any context I would say it was. However, the series is pretty grounded and makes a point of explaining all the feats as “realistically” as possible. If Inaba could truly perceive and deflect multiple automatic rounds at point blank range, it would make him faster than Kuroki, Niko etc.

In fact, IIRC, during both Niko’s and Kuroki’s bullet timing feats, the narrator states that reacting to bullets after they’re fired isn’t possible, and then proceeds to explain how they both deflect bullets through pre-cog or aim deflecting. It wouldn’t make sense for two of the god tier characters to be on that level when people like Inaba can just smack bullets out of the air with pure speed.

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@streak619: I think there’s a marked difference between reacting to something at that speed and actually having combat speed on that level. I wouldn’t claim every person who’s deflected a bullet to have supersonic speed, personally.

Agreed, but reacting and redirecting a supersonic attack from a meter away would require supersonic combat speed. It's a complicated maneuver

Inaba’s feat looks like legit bullet timing to me honestly, and absent any context I would say it was. However, the series is pretty grounded and makes a point of explaining all the feats as “realistically” as possible. If Inaba could truly perceive and deflect multiple automatic rounds at point blank range, it would make him faster than Kuroki, Niko etc.

Inaba's feat was not point blank and they actually have sonic-supersonic feats as well, so I wouldn't say so.

In fact, IIRC, during both Niko’s and Kuroki’s bullet timing feats, the narrator states that reacting to bullets after they’re fired isn’t possible, and then proceeds to explain how they both deflect bullets through pre-cog or aim deflecting. It wouldn’t make sense for two of the god tier characters to be on that level when people like Inaba can just smack bullets out of the air with pure speed.

Yeah well, feats disagree.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KingCrimson  Online

@streak619: Flowing Edge isn’t that complicated a manoeuvre, he just deflects it in essence. It doesn’t mean he’s supersonic.

It wasn’t more than a few feet away - definitely no further than Kuroki was when he blocked the rifle shot. What supersonic feats do they have?

How can the feats disagree when the author takes time out to explicitly explain that they are not in fact bullet timing?

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@streak619: Flowing Edge isn’t that complicated a manoeuvre, he just deflects it in essence. It doesn’t mean he’s supersonic.

Redirection is a complex maneuver. But within redirection, Flowing Edge isn't complex, granted.

It wasn’t more than a few feet away - definitely no further than Kuroki was when he blocked the rifle shot. What supersonic feats do they have?

Like I said, his match against Agito, a few milliseconds makes a hell of a difference which wouldn't be true if they weren't atleast sonic

How can the feats disagree when the author takes time out to explicitly explain that they are not in fact bullet timing?

The author takes time to explicitly explain that one feat in question wasn't bullet timing. Inaba's, Agito's and Gensai's, Ohma's, Akoyo's feats are all bullet timing/millisecond feats

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KingCrimson  Online

@streak619: a few milliseconds change in his “pattern“ of changing forms IIRC, which threw Kuroki’s timing off. Nothing about that makes either of them sonic in speed.

The author mentions more than once in the manga that reacting to bullets isn’t possible:

It doesn’t even leave anything open to interpretation. To just wilfully ignore those 2 statements when looking at other bullet timing feats seems silly to me.

Akoyo‘s seems the most legitimate, but he’s stated to have superhuman reflexes. Ohma’s whip feat seems legitimate too, but that’s nowhere close to deflecting automatic gunfire at close range.

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

cokirules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 high diff, Cosmo can take too much punishment

if it was standard gear then team 2 wins easily, h2h only team 1 high diff

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kengan stomps. They literally tank and deliever concrete-shattering blows.